• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reppin That Pikachu! (Pika Vids)

N64

Smash Champion
Nice. I was impressed.

I like your style, it seems calm and calculated, while still applying a good amount of pressure. Your evasion was also pretty good (though you seemed a little repetative in recoveries from the edge, almost always quick attacking to the stage from it).

Good stuff.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I love it!

I'd like to see you intergrate more downsmashes into your game, and also not to rely on the upsmash quite as much as you did in these. But you are beyond technically sound, and you had pretty decent mindgames. Also, that marth looked annoying as hell, so good work! Im impressed.

My biggest complaint was that you didnt use corneria even half as good as you could have. Why do you even bother fighting the falcon? Just keep running away and let him come to your combos. And when he goes down to the wing, just jump to the top and spam there, dont sit down there and fight one on one. Its a gay technique that would work even better if you juiced it more ;)

Anther

Smash Champion
About that recovery thing... well.. you know how it is when you learn something new XD... I was a lil shocked to see how much I was using it. x_X

Aww, 2 of the people that motivated me to stay Pika when the low tier started to get me down approved ... awww right ;]. But yeah... my style was definately felt and looks off the entire set. The fact that it was being recorded got to me a lil more than I wanted it to.

I got the corneria thing from you Zig =P, unfortunately it made me feel bad because it was working WAAAY too well. Scrub emotions, gosh.

But yah, thanks :D.

One more vid with Pika. He gets glorious vengence in the finals
2. Pika vs Marth Finals

I start to get more into my style that I'm more comfortable with... but I SD'd more due to some jumpy reflexes and do some unintended things XD. Darn that Quick attacking to the stage. Granted, I did get tippered directly off the edge a lot less while I was doing it...

random.. but the highlight of my fox career XD

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You seemed a little less clean this time than in our first tournament. I missed the Quick-Attack spam at the ledge. : (

Anther

Smash Champion
Yeah, as much as I quick attack edgehog in friendlies and early tournament rounds... it turns into pikamissles to death when it really counts =[.

Top Bottom