• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Donkey Kong

Which song is your favorite?

• Donkey Kong VIP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jungle Japes

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Forest of Melancholy

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Aquatic Ambience

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • King K. Rool's Theme

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Stickerbrush Symphony

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welcome back to the Remix Corner! This week is all about “the leader of the bunch, you know him well,” and you know he’s back to kick some tail! That’s right, the veteran Gorilla of gaming is swinging hard with some sick Konga beats to Blast. Hop on into the jungle, where crocodiles keep stealing bananas!

Donkey Kong VIP ($yrup and Hush Remix)
This track isn’t a remix per se, but it does utilize voice clips of the Leader of the Bunch to great effect. Hit this track up for a mix of tribal and electronic style.

Jungle Japes Remix (Stephen Walking Remix)
Want some classic Konga action with a modern twist? Look no further than this remix of the funkiest jungle ever!

Forest of Melancholy (Forest Interlude/Mining Melancholy Mashup) by Nyx the Shield
A gentle rhythm with melodic percussions, this track will bring a calm and easy vibe to any forest adventure.

Aquatic Ambience (DjEphixa Remix)
Take a dive underwater into a world of bass and harmony as DjEphixa creates a deep and complex paradise.

King K. Rool’s Theme (ElectricMudkip Remix)
A nice and simple twist on the theme of that dastardly, kruel king. Hop on his ship and experience the sick rhythm.

Stickerbrush Symphony (Brawl Remix)
Even though it’s not a fan remix, this remix was too great not to put on the list. The gentle pace of the song creates an exploratory atmosphere. Give it a listen!

That’s it for this week’s Remix Corner! I hope you fully enjoyed this weeks selection! Join us next week for Metroid Week, followed by Yoshi Week! Remember to send your (favorite) remixes to me on here or Twitter. Until next week!

Did you love or hate the tracks? Hit me up @ Marthmario Marthmario to discuss.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Gotta love the Project M Bramble Blast drum and bass remix. (by Avizura)

Last edited:

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Can't get any better than the Brawl one. The remixes were hard on my ears, but it's just a me thing. Can't listen to bass-heavy electro music without pain and headaches.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I loved the King K. Rool theme because as a kid the ONLY music I had was Donkey Kong Country and so the King K. Rool theme was always seen as the most wicked thing ever to me.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Not bad though imo here's a more catchy techno remix of K. Rool's theme that's not so hard on the ears.

Last edited:

derrykrombo

Smash Cadet
NNID
d_wreck88
do these types of remixes get put up on the regular? like of other games? DK remixes are always good, thanks for this!

rp17000

Smash Cadet
NNID
rp17000
I was going to recommend the Jungle Japes remix, but forgot lol. At least you found it anyway. It's one of my favorites excluding the numerous Kirby ones.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Woah I didn't know stephen walking did a DK remix? I love his music!

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
For a second when I first saw this front page I thought the article was tailored to the viewer's profile pic.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
Please consider using some remixes from Harmony of a Hunter for Metroid next week. They have made two albums with some great remixes and tons of different genres of music.

Here are two of my personal favorites:

Ashes to Ashes (Lower Norfair from Super Metroid) by zircon

Frozen Utopia (Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime) by Mesmonium

Marthmario

Smash Lord
do these types of remixes get put up on the regular? like of other games? DK remixes are always good, thanks for this!
Every week we feature a new series! So far: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and DK have all gotten the spotlight. Next week will be Metroid week!

derrykrombo

Smash Cadet
NNID
d_wreck88
Every week we feature a new series! So far: Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and DK have all gotten the spotlight. Next week will be Metroid week!
awesome! hopefully the previous threads are still available in the forums? about to poke around and try to find. thanks!

Grass

Smash Lord
awesome! hopefully the previous threads are still available in the forums? about to poke around and try to find. thanks!
I actually did my own version, and while it's not quite as good as some of these, it has been a while since I made a remix so..please enjoy.

Last edited:
Quickly Earn Up To 300$ Weekly and Earn 6900$ Monthly With Bonus So Easy And Safe Income On Here
See One Time ...
WWW.MONEYKIN.COM
>6900
>income

heh

All of these were great remixes! Including the ones in the comments, and the Metroid ones. Excited for Metroid week!

Last edited:
Top Bottom