• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reinventing the List - This time with a clearer explanation of casting

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Give me a suggestion for who to take off the list, excluding Mia and Knuckles, I doubt Dark Samus has any claim before them, and that asking me to remove that character from the list will probably bring a backlash of "Dark Samus doesn't belong there over them" and other such remarks, especially if the character has 3+ votes on the list, or is the added Pokemon and Mario reps.
You don't have to remove anyone, just count Samus and Zamus as one rep :p That makes only 23 confirmed chars. And you'd be suprised, DS has a lot of supporters here.

Rakath

Smash Ace
You didn't read the numbering 24 is the first number on the list (meaning I only counted 23 confirmed characters, meaning I already did that).

The thing is that even the Hunters all got 1 nod from Sakurai (one nod per hunter), D Samus got nothing. The characters on the list without a nod from Sakurai are:

Lucario (Fourth Gen's Godsend Pokemon... and there were only two Pokemon characters on the list, neither that good, neither 4th Gen).
Micaiah (as far as I remember, the list was done before Fire Emblem 10 was out).
Bowser Jr. (Dark Samus does not outstrip the son of King Koopa, the main villain of Sunshine, and all around the only new Mario character to count).
Knuckles and Roll (The nosebleed section of the list).

Dark Samus would get an equally Nosebleed section on my list unless someone gets taken off the list... and there are very few choices that wouldn't cause strife. Also I think a fair ammount of the Metroid series gets covered with just Samus and the Dragon, and some of the more separating of Dark Samus's powers would cause gameplay problems in Brawl. And I really don't see a way to add her to my list without removing a character that has a much more valid reason to be on it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I suppose I suggest Sheeda or Roll, but it is your preference I suppose..
I'd give more arguments, but I must be going to sleep. But I shall return........

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Wolf says hi. He DID get one vote on the Poll, ya know. Although I DO like your placement of Ridley :D

Rakath

Smash Ace
Wolf says hi. He DID get one vote on the Poll, ya know. Although I DO like your placement of Ridley :D
I know he got a vote... but the only way to put him into this is to take Falco off this list (or start putting in either or ideas like Falco or Wolf, K. Rool or Dixie, etc) which would make it more complicated.

I figured if any Starfox characters had a shot of not being clones of Fox they were Krystal and Falco so I made a judgement call. I can't make it perfect, but I can try.

IsamaR:
Sheeda is one of the few Fire Emblem choices that leads to not a sword user, not a male, and from Fire Emblem 1... I like her on the list... and I'm not going to insult Dark Samus by putting her on the list as #51... since my list should stop at 50.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
IsamaR:
Sheeda is one of the few Fire Emblem choices that leads to not a sword user, not a male, and from Fire Emblem 1... I like her on the list... and I'm not going to insult Dark Samus by putting her on the list as #51... since my list should stop at 50.
But you also include Micaiah, who is not a sword user, a lord in the recent FE, and has a more sizeable fanbase. If you don't believe that Dark Samus is worthy, or anything like that(Not an alt, not a clone, more arguments, etc.), see my Dark Samus thread on BrawlCentral..
http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=856

susu_atari

Smash Ace
How do you work out that Claus, who WAS on Sakurai's poll, and would only be the SECOND character from Mother, has LESS chance than Micaiah, who was NOT on Sakurai's poll, and would be the THIRD character from Fire Emblem.

And... KNUCKLES? Sonic & Knuckles is one of my favourite games of all time, but... in Brawl? What are you on?

This is nonsense.

Rakath

Smash Ace
That's not my point.
You said that a series cannot have less rep than it did in Melee.
Therefore, how can G&W be any lower than absolute reappearance?
Then you should of complained Geno was at the bottom of the same section too.

And since this is a theory and nothing about it IS absolute, you're being too literal. I said everyone in the 31-35 secton was pretty well secured as well, just not having them would not be as huge an upset as losing the 24-30 cast. Read and pay attention, nothing except for characters that ARE confirmed are listed as being 100% in.

Everything 40 and earlier is what I think will be sure to include. Which is why Lucario is at 38 and Bowser Jr. is 41, lower end of likely as they expand fully stocked series.

susu_atari:
Because Fire Emblem has 10 games, and an 11th in the works, and Mother has 4 games with NOTHING in the works? I mean, if Mother had 10 games and hundreds of characters, I'd give it more cast...

Knuckles is character 50 on the list... since even I only believe the outside cap for the game is 46 (and that's if we're lucky) character's 49-51 don't really matter and 50 was a nicer rounder number.

I'm high on licorice, life, and insomnia!

IsmaR:
I'll think about retooling the list to put Dark Samus on... she won't get a low number however.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Everything 40 and earlier is what I think will be sure to include. Which is why Lucario is at 38 and Bowser Jr. is 41, lower end of likely as they expand fully stocked series.
I agree, it could go either way for him.

susu_atari:
Because Fire Emblem has 10 games, and an 11th in the works, and Mother has 4 games with NOTHING in the works? I mean, if Mother had 10 games and hundreds of characters, I'd give it more cast...
I thought Mother had 3 games? :confused:
I'm high on licorice, life, and insomnia!
Lol :chuckle:
IsmaR:
I'll think about retooling the list to put Dark Samus on... she won't get a low number however.
Thank you :)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Mother 1 and 2 I think had a rerelease title which I was counting, if I'm wrong then I have even more reason to give Claus a high number.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I did a huge redo on a bunch of character listings thanks to the video Leak. Lucario went up on the list, Mewtwo went down, Ness got on the list, Claus got dropped... lots of changes.

Top Bottom