• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Reinstating the Mafia queue?

Should we reinstate the mafia host queue?

• No, lets keep the system the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain in the thread).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Annnnd with so many games ready, this is why queues and priority are great. I'm just sayin'.

Let's get the next game going, I want to play an NZ game. :3

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
gotta wait till the first one does dude :V and like take a few days break to get people to unwind

people gotta relax ya know? this stuff is mental strain

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
we will lol, we don't take long breaks unless were ending a season

so ya will play just take a ffew days to get minds off of stuff

BarDulL

Town Vampire
we will lol, we don't take long breaks unless were ending a season

so ya will play just take a ffew days to get minds off of stuff
I died way too early in the current/latest game, so we're coming from different perspectives here, but yeah, until the most current game ends (who knows when that'll be), it's a non-issue to wait of course.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I died way too early in the current/latest game, so we're coming from different perspectives here, but yeah, until the most current game ends (who knows when that'll be), it's a non-issue to wait of course.
i'm aware :V and even then gotta remember god robert cousin and uni who both first to die, they been waiting longer

but it sstill is, schedules exist so everyone can line up and while others have to wait longer its so that everyone can get to equal footing

trust me when i say it really won't be that long of a wait at all, we nintenzoners are quite optimal like a working cog machine, so just patience is a little key~

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i'm aware :V and even then gotta remember god robert cousin and uni who both first to die, they been waiting longer

but it sstill is, schedules exist so everyone can line up and while others have to wait longer its so that everyone can get to equal footing

trust me when i say it really won't be that long of a wait at all, we nintenzoners are quite optimal like a working cog machine, so just patience is a little key~
Yes, yes, I am aware that people are up to stuff. Whenever the next game comes around, I am ready, and you guys are more than welcome to host anytime here! :D

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I’m just going to say it because no one else will, but it seems at least a portion of the group is hesitant to have a more integrated decisive games.
We're a large group, we all know each other, and most pertinently, we have a bunch of games ready to play from before the merger.

But we're not trying to exclude people or say we'll never let you run a game again. If I'm being honest, this thread comes across as you being annoyed we have games we'd like to play before yours. But some of these games have been months in the making and we've all been anticipating them. So yes, we want to play them next.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If I'm being honest, this thread comes across as you being annoyed we have games we'd like to play before yours.
Uh.

According to the current rules of this forum, anyone can host a game at any time. No one needs need to wait for your queue to host a game, you silly goose. Respecting your queue was something I did because I was being nice and because I know that spreading players thin between mafia games isn't so great, that's why I offered a compromise.

Additionally, this isn't the only site I could host a game on, and it's not like I'm paid to host a game. You think I'm annoyed because I wanted to host a game for you guys and give you a hearty role madness welcome?

Of course not, my boy. You guys are free to do whatever you like. I also don't need to host a game for you guys if you all don't want me to. It's just something I wanted to do of my own volition as an experienced host, because I like you guys. Because I am nice. Because it felt like the right thing to do to make an easy transition to allow this forum to become more integrated as Mafia players. It's like a neighbor introducing themselves and introducing you to the broader community at large.

So, for the time being, and for however long you guys like, feel free to do your own thing.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Then what's the point of this thread? :V
The point of this thread was to allow a smooth transition and integrate a queue system so that we could all get along and play mafia together without spreading players thin.

It's in the opening post, you know. :seuss:

But I feel inclined to retreat because I suspect that perhaps I jumped the gun a bit too soon, and maybe you guys would rather do your own thing. :(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk i agree with Barney, I think it'd be a nice thing to play a second DGames Mafia and I think that if the NZone continues their queue that it'll only cause problems. Not only would it cause culture shock as our games are 100% role madness and 24/24 hour day/night phases, it also brings into question; when would the DGamers get to host? Since the NZone queue is looooooooong . . . . . . . the DGamers should have a chance to host, too, and it's not right for the NZoners to essentially take over and beat the DGamers into submission :laugh:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The DGamers, currently, can host whenever they want, but when multiple games are hosted at once, things get a little more hectic. Players are spread across games and generally don't want to commit to more than one. It causes inactivity (because players with multiple games must split their time between each game) and a lack of replacements for games where they are needed.

And trust me, we have some really awesome hosts with really awesome games, and they put a lot of effort and work into it to make it a really enjoyable experience. Gorf prefers more conventional set ups, but me and some of the other hosts prefer crazy stuff. But yeah, we don't have to host for you guys if you don't want us to.

It just seems wrong to keep us separate since we all want to play mafia on the same forum, but I'll hold my tongue if it is not conducive to positivity and everyone having a fun time.

I'll still sneak into NZ games though :3

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah...

But with that said, we should probably let Shiny do his Mario game after this one.

Don't want to see a pissed off 15-year-old because I'm a giant wimp :V

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
honestly i'm probably alone w/ this but i think it'd be cool if we allowed a DGamer to host after like every 2 NZoner queued games (so Eventually games don't count), because since there's like 10 on the list that'd allow 5 DGamers to host (if they wanted to/if they already had their game done) and I think that's fairer rather than having them wait months to play their own games again.

shoot I'd be fine w/ them hosting after every game but some might find that unfair so idk

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
honestly i'm probably alone w/ this but i think it'd be cool if we allowed a DGamer to host after like every 2 NZoner queued games (so Eventually games don't count), because since there's like 10 on the list that'd allow 5 DGamers to host (if they wanted to/if they already had their game done) and I think that's fairer rather than having them wait months to play their own games again.

shoot I'd be fine w/ them hosting after every game but some might find that unfair so idk
Only if they want to, imo

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Uh.

According to the current rules of this forum, anyone can host a game at any time. No one needs need to wait for your queue to host a game, you silly goose. Respecting your queue was something I did because I was being nice and because I know that spreading players thin between mafia games isn't so great, that's why I offered a compromise.

Additionally, this isn't the only site I could host a game on, and it's not like I'm paid to host a game. You think I'm annoyed because I wanted to host a game for you guys and give you a hearty role madness welcome?

Of course not, my boy. You guys are free to do whatever you like. I also don't need to host a game for you guys if you all don't want me to. It's just something I wanted to do of my own volition as an experienced host, because I like you guys. Because I am nice. Because it felt like the right thing to do to make an easy transition to allow this forum to become more integrated as Mafia players. It's like a neighbor introducing themselves and introducing you to the broader community at large.

So, for the time being, and for however long you guys like, feel free to do your own thing.
I tried to explain that our queue is flexible, less a rigid list of who gets to go next and more just a general idea of what's coming up. I got the impression that wasn't good enough for you because you wanted to know exactly when what game was going to held next, and the one after that and so on. Whenever we want to run a game, we just see who's got one ready and who's up for hosting one at that time. Nothing about that precludes a Dgames player from running a game. But it's like you chose to see it that way and say this:

I’m just going to say it because no one else will, but it seems at least a portion of the group is hesitant to have a more integrated decisive games.

Which kinda makes me sad :<
I got the distinct impression this was directed at me for saying we're running Shiny's game next when you said you'd start your game immediately. And then Marshy replied to me saying he had another game that was going to be next. Hence my reply that the thread feels more like you're annoyed at us wanting to run our next game instead of yours than it does an attempt to bring us together. It feels like you're calling me and the others out for wanting to play our next scheduled game that was specifically delayed by the current game, which Shiny didn't even get to play in. This has nothing to do with not wanting a "more integrated decisive games."

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I tried to explain that our queue is flexible, less a rigid list of who gets to go next and more just a general idea of what's coming up. I got the impression that wasn't good enough for you because you wanted to know exactly when what game was going to held next, and the one after that and so on. Whenever we want to run a game, we just see who's got one ready and who's up for hosting one at that time. Nothing about that precludes a Dgames player from running a game. But it's like you chose to see it that way and say this:
You're putting words in my mouth; never did I ever say that it wasn't good enough.

I was seeking clarity for how your community defines your queue. Since you have more recently suggested that Shiny's game is next, that is an implication that there is order and therefore the queue line has merit, which was not your original answer. You could have simply said it from the start instead of dilly dallying around a bush and exclaiming that it was "not rigid." I am aware that we aren't robots operating on an assembly line.

So yes, please ask for clarity before making assumptions about my character because it essentially comes off as slander when you suggest that "I felt your queue wasn't good enough." How would you like it if I made these sorts of accusations towards you without attaining clarity?

I got the distinct impression this was directed at me for saying we're running Shiny's game next when you said you'd start your game immediately. And then Marshy replied to me saying he had another game that was going to be next. Hence my reply that the thread feels more like you're annoyed at us wanting to run our next game instead of yours than it does an attempt to bring us together. It feels like you're calling me and the others out for wanting to play our next scheduled game that was specifically delayed by the current game, which Shiny didn't even get to play in. This has nothing to do with not wanting a "more integrated decisive games."
Your impression is very much wrong. I was responding to this:

and I'll be honest, most of us are itching to go back to our old ways.
Yeah, ask for clarity first before you make slanderous assumptions like that.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im not hosting anything. im just saying this in case a queue is brought back so im not mistakenly placed on there. as for my thoughts on this matter

D

Deleted member

So is my mafia game actually going to happen or is it postponed?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
For clarity: I do have a big and fun idea for a game, but I'm not in the mood to be accused of trying to jump ahead in a queue :glare:, so keep me at last. Dead last. In the NZ queue. ALONE! D:

(Also because jumping ahead of everyone at such short notice would be messed up. :()

(Additionally, a project just came up recently, so go figure. :awesome:).

If anyone wants to join me at the back of the line, I have a campfire, smores, lawn chairs, and some cold ones for the homies.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
BarDulL, honestly, I think we're misinterpreting each other here.

I got the distinct feeling from the way this thread was worded (it's not "should we adopt the Nzone queue," it's "should we reinstate the Dgames queue",) and especially this line:

"Respecting your queue was something I did because I was being nice."

-that the purpose of this thread is for the dgames players to decide whether they'll let the nzone players use this space. It reads completely like you saying "your queue exists only because I allow it to."

And that's pretty disrespectful.

We were told to migrate here because this community was inactive. As near as I can tell, the last time you guys ran a game was over a year ago. Meanwhile, NZone has run 9 games in six months. I don't believe it's that unreasonable to us to migrate our infrastructure over here in light of that. Our system has worked well for us, and it's why there's a dozen games in the queue still. We enjoy playing together.

If it seems like we're hesitant to integrate, it's really because we're worried about losing our little community due to the venue change. That's something I think you can empathize with, as I'm sure you're worried about a hostile takeover. Be we all want the same thing here; we just want to play a game.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
BarDulL, honestly, I think we're misinterpreting each other here.

I got the distinct feeling from the way this thread was worded (it's not "should we adopt the Nzone queue," it's "should we reinstate the Dgames queue",) and especially this line:

"Respecting your queue was something I did because I was being nice."

-that the purpose of this thread is for the dgames players to decide whether they'll let the nzone players use this space. It reads completely like you saying "your queue exists only because I allow it to."

And that's pretty disrespectful.

We were told to migrate here because this community was inactive. As near as I can tell, the last time you guys ran a game was over a year ago. Meanwhile, NZone has run 9 games in six months. I don't believe it's that unreasonable to us to migrate our infrastructure over here in light of that. Our system has worked well for us, and it's why there's a dozen games in the queue still. We enjoy playing together.

If it seems like we're hesitant to integrate, it's really because we're worried about losing our little community due to the venue change. That's something I think you can empathize with, as I'm sure you're worried about a hostile takeover. Be we all want the same thing here; we just want to play a game.
You guys are obviously free to use this space. I think perhaps maybe you're concerned about things that aren't really relevant to me.

If you want to have a discussion on discord or something to that effect, let me know. My concern (if it hasn't been made clear yet) was that if, for example, I ended up bringing some of the NZ players into a game of mine, or if other hosts brought players from NZ into a game of theirs, we would effectively be circumventing the NZ queue. NZ players aren't restricted to the NZ queue if they don't want to have to wait for another mafia game.

You saw the inactivity that occurred in Gorf's game, yes? Something like that gets worse when two games are happening at the same time.

But I don't think you really understand the aforementioned was my sole intention, or you want to believe that I or DGames as a whole has some superiority complex. We are all very different with varying thoughts and feelings, you know.

I feel like you are trying to see anything I do in a negative light, and it's not a very productive setting for me to engage in. So, I'm going to disengage you, but if you would like to discuss things further so that I may address your concerns, my discord is BarDulL #1547. Maybe hearing the tone in my voice will provide a bit more clarity that I'm not out to dismantle or disrespect the NZ community.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i think your both seeing eachother in negative light, misintrepetating or at least taking things in an obtuse way, and somehow got into a pointless conflict

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i think your both seeing eachother in negative light, misintrepetating or at least taking things in an obtuse way, and somehow got into a pointless conflict
I don't think I'm misinterpreting him implying that I am being very disrespectful to your community, Natz~.

It was never my intention to be disrespectful to anyone. :(

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I don't think I'm misinterpreting him implying that I am being very disrespectful to your community, Natz~.

It was never my intention to be disrespectful to anyone. :(
nah ya not, to be honest your actually my favorite person here out of everyone we met of the locals :V

what i just meant was that both of your guys words eventually got viewed so warped when ya guys continued this...conflict and it sprawled into this

when that happens, clean slate it and restate cleanly and clearly

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm willing to ignore his actions and start fresh if it means I am provided cookie dough for the emotional distress that occurred.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Man being in a group everything was nice and easy to organise haha.

Tag me when the next game is up for signups and I'll test this place out maybe

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The one time I was host here, running a basic fire emblem themed game was extremely fun. Knowing what everyone roles are makes seeing how players interact in the moment really intriguing and helps me learn more than playing honestly. Sometimes you see stuff that comes off as hilarious, or downright ingenious.

Maven89

Smash Master
I think we should establish a series of citizenship in this forum, with Maven at the top, Nzoners behind as the second class, and Bardul as our slave

Top Bottom