• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Reinstating the Mafia queue?

Should we reinstate the mafia host queue?

• No, lets keep the system the way it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain in the thread).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I've noticed that the NintenZone crew has a mafia game queue thread that migrated here from their part of SmashBoards.

DGames originally had one, but eventually it was suggested that it be removed in favor of allowing hosts to make a game whenever they want. The ideology behind this was that if we allowed hosts to create their own games whenever they want, eventually the good hosts would distinguish themselves and pull in more players, which would in turn subsequently give more creative freedom for good hosts to make games whenever they want.

I'm actually more in favor of a queue at this juncture though since it seems there is a lot of interest from the NintenZone players to host (they have 10+ players in line for the queue). Additionally, I think there is merit in having a queue that dictates the amount of games being played at once, especially since having multiple games (more than 2) spreads players thin.

I also think there is merit in people taking turns hosting in general. Since we are a generally smaller community, a cool street corner on Smashboards and not a massive site like MafiaScum, I think it works well.

My amenable suggestion would be to have a maximum of 1-2 games at a time, and if we see more explosive growth in community size, then perhaps we can make changes to the system moving forward.

Since it would be a bit unfair to players of DGames to simply adopt the current Nintenzone queue since we'd all have to go to the back of the line, perhaps a compromise can be made (finding a fair way to fit DGamers into the line in a manner that is conducive to positivity, for example). Alternatively we could just ignore the current queue line and make a new one, but that might be unfair to the NintenZone players that were already in their queue.

All of this is open to discussion of course. I figured we should discuss it now and get it out of the way since we will inevitably end up talking about it. Ultimately I'll go with whatever new system the majority wants.

Note: The poll is not indicative of any certain action that will be taken, it is only there to provide a census.

Edit: I have made the poll public since we will only be counting votes from people that actively participate in mafia games on this site.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
i don't care all that much whats implemented, as long as something is, so....not sure what my vote would be in place for

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
let's have a queue again guys

Hey, I want to host a game soon, and if I just randomly host now, then I'd be circumventing their queue. That's why it's important to talk about it. Don't be hatin' :seuss:
We can play them in Smash and winner gets the rights to be first in queue.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Nintenzone queue isn't really a strict order of who's next, more just a general list of what games are being worked on/coming up. We only run one game at a time, though, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
The Nintenzone queue isn't really a strict order of who's next, more just a general list of what games are being worked on/coming up. We only run one game at a time, though, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
The person in the #1 slot gets priority over the #2 slot if we assume both are ready, is that a safe assumption to make?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The person in the #1 slot gets priority over the #2 slot if we assume both are ready, is that a safe assumption to make?
We just go with whoever has a game ready to start when we feel like starting another game. The queue is not rigid.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We just go with whoever has a game ready to start when we feel like starting another game. The queue is not rigid.
You're not answering my hypothetical :mad:

Or are you suggesting that the numbers do not matter and someone at the back of the queue could just host?

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Because there isn't an answer. You're trying to ask for rigid rules when we're all flexible.
queue
kyo͞o/
noun

1. 1.
    BRITISH
    a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
    synonyms:lineup, line, row, column, file, chain, string; More

2. 2.
    COMPUTING
    a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion.

I mean, that's what a queue is, but from what you've suggested, it sounds like there is no order to your queue thread, and therefore is not really a queue.

Are you trying to be a pain in my buttocks :(? If not I apologize, I am DEFINITELY tipsy from wine.

Well, I mean, in that case, if you guys don't really care for the queue order, then I will put up my game immediately. I'll wait for some more commentary, maybe Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei can address this.

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i reread bardulls suggestions and thought deeply on the matter

and arrived back at the conclusion that banning him is our best bet

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
queue
kyo͞o/
noun

1. 1.
    BRITISH
    a line or sequence of people or vehicles awaiting their turn to be attended to or to proceed.
    synonyms:lineup, line, row, column, file, chain, string; More

2. 2.
    COMPUTING
    a list of data items, commands, etc., stored so as to be retrievable in a definite order, usually the order of insertion.

I mean, that's what a queue is, but from what you've suggested, it sounds like there is no order to your queue thread, and therefore is not really a queue.

Are you trying to be a pain in my buttocks :(? If not I apologize, I am DEFINITELY tipsy from wine.

Well, I mean, in that case, if you guys don't really care for the queue order, then I will put up my game immediately. I'll wait for some more commentary, maybe Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei can address this.

Well, we're running Shiny's game next and if White's still up for it, his game, too. Both those were ready to launch before we got pushed out here. Shiny's was scheduled to start a week ago but got delayed for this current game.

Everything after that is in limbo, because we like to take our time putting together our games. We like 'em role madness, and I'll be honest, most of us are itching to go back to our old ways.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Vaan is right you know.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Well, we're running Shiny's game next and if White's still up for it, his game, too. Both those were ready to launch before we got pushed out here. Shiny's was scheduled to start a week ago but got delayed for this current game.

Everything after that is in limbo, because we like to take our time putting together our games. We like 'em role madness, and I'll be honest, most of us are itching to go back to our old ways.
are you sure? next game was going to b mountainous which means no power roles at all!

nah its cool yall do ya thing

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Alrighty, well in that case, feel free to do whatever you guys want. I personally prefer role madness to be honest, so it sounds good to me, I will definitely join some of the upcoming games you all have in store. I think I'll just join the queue anyway to be on the safe side. :awesome:

I really like a lot of you guys though, just to be clear. praline praline The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Natz~ Natz~ are fun :D

Ok I'm seriously just way too drunk so I'm going to bed. Toodle doodles.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Alrighty, well in that case, feel free to do whatever you guys want. I personally prefer role madness to be honest, so it sounds good to me, I will definitely join some of the upcoming games you all have in store. I think I'll just join the queue anyway to be on the safe side. :awesome:

I really like a lot of you guys though, just to be clear. praline, The Stoopid Unikorn, Natz~are fun :)

whaaaaat????

what about me???? i thought we had something special, barney.... :(

BarDulL

Town Vampire
whaaaaat????

what about me???? i thought we had something special, barney.... :(
You are also awesome!!!!! I feel like we haven't interacted much though, but I still appreciate you.

Ok fine you are in my top 5 now :awesome::awesome:

God damnit I'm supposed to be going to bed! SWOOSH!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You are also awesome!!!!! I feel like we haven't interacted much though, but I still appreciate you.

Ok fine you are in my top 5 now :awesome::awesome:

God damnit I'm supposed to be going to bed! SWOOSH!

awwwwwww Embarrass:love:

you just became my favorite user of ALL TIME!!!! :nervous:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I really like a lot of you guys though, just to be clear. praline praline The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Natz~ Natz~ are fun :D

I-i’m f-f-fun!?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

yay~ katts fun~ :DDD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah if peeps prefer not a queue then that's fine too

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Yeah if peeps prefer not a queue then that's fine too
I’m just going to say it because no one else will, but it seems at least a portion of the group is hesitant to have a more integrated decisive games.

Which kinda makes me sad :<

Then again, I forgot that social groups are ending and they got kicked out of theirs which is also sad. :<

Perhaps this will just end up boiling down to civil war...instead of two tribes becoming at peace and integrated, it is clearly a sign of inevitable conflict between those with influence on either side of the court.

We will be like the Uchiha vs. the Senju...inevitable, brutal combat for centuries.

Someday though, I will become Hokage and unite the two tribes to become the mighty hidden DGames of SmashBoards, dattebayo.

I’m just going to see myself out now. :awesome::awesome:

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That sounds awesome and all, but it'll be hard to do without one of the invaders on your side. :V
I'll win you over with my goofiness and various inanities quite easily I think. ;3

jk pls be there to halp D:

As for the others, hopefully they will accept me and my silly qualities. :<

IMO, forum mafia being more congregated in DGames would be awesome!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Actually mine is ready to go too. I mentioned it about a week or so before we moved over here. I just have to type up the flavor. :p

D

Deleted member

Actually mine is ready to go too. I mentioned it about a week or so before we moved over here. I just have to type up the flavor. :p
I hope the entire Mafia is just Lyn and her alts

Top Bottom