• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regional/National Circuit - Yes, this is important

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
As you may (or may not) know, MLG has dropped Smash. :(

HOWEVER!

Before you let this get you down, there is a new age on the rise. Again, as you may or may not know, the Midwest smash community has their own ranking system and regional championship. Kish's mastermind plan to bring together the community has once again sparked nationwide interest. Since the official national circuit (read as: MLG) is gone, something has to happen. After consulting his fellow councilmen, Kish has devised how this new system will work.

The short story: Every region has its council. Every region has its circuit. At the end of the year, leaders of their respected regions come together to battle for national recognition and, of course, the glory and cash that comes with it.

I will be elaborating on this in the near future. I just wanted to get this out so everyone will know what is going on.

The current councilmen for the Atlantic South are GAWes, Mankosuki, Exarch, and myself. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact one of us. We will be looking for another person or 2 to help.

The current plan is to come up with a schedule of tournaments, preferably once a month, that are recognized across the region (or country) that can be considered part of the circuit. Points are awarded for placement in said tournaments, which grant you invitation to nationals. Yes, this is similar to MLG. Yes, this will be better.

I know it is kind of late, but there is a chance that INNsomnia V will be the first stop of this circuit. If you don't know, this is in 3 weeks in just outside of Memphis, TN (see link in my sig for details).

We welcome all feedback, as this circuit is as much of yours as it is ours. Positive and negative are accepted as long as they are constructive. Spam will not be tollerated.

Some of you may be wondering about Evo taking MLG's replacement, and their stand on nationals. Well, that's fine. If they do it, great! If not, great! This is completely independant of any major corporation. This is 100% underground. Made by the people, for the people. Huzzah!

As said before, more details will be coming on this, so check often for updates (I'll try to put something in the title to signify when an update is made).

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
KishPrime had contacted both me and Exarch for Florida, though Thomas wasn't able to answer him at first since his internet was down at the time. He's on board now though and will be working with me in Florida.

I've got a side project I'm working on in my spare time which was orriginally unrelated to this, but it'd probably come in handy later on. Especially when it comes time for us to make a tournament in which we try to get all of Atlantic South to have access to. I'll e-mail you guys once I have a beta of it up.

Top Bottom