• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reflection Rumours and my IC Match(This is probably not news)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
There's been alot of talk about a poitential way to reflect projectiles here. Or at least it's come up twice that I've seen(yes I've been reading this board alot lately. I've been lurking off and on for years) Here's my little story about a possible reflection technique.

And before I start, no, I'm really not that great. Just another guy who found Sonic incredibly fun to play with and is trying to learn to master him like alot of the people here.

So I was just toying around and was playing a match against the Ice Climbers. Which, I found to be a pretty tough match up. It was hard getting through alot of their attacks, and managing to get them off the **** screen until I realized letting them desynch enough and taking Nana out was enough to gimp Popo and than it was just alot of speed. Anyway, this is a little more on that random rumour that sonic could reflect with one of his kicks. In mid-air I had two Ice Blocks sent twoards me as I went to DAir, this wasn't planned or anything but I ended up colliding with the blocks. I expected to have them pass through and hit me like it seems every attack does and instead they bounced back and headed off in the oppsite direction.

Now this wasn't a full reflect since they were falling down and toward me. But they did bounce away and down. Which I found weird. Is this a basic thing with the Ice Blocks? Do they always deflect when attacked? Either way I thought it might be an interesting note since I've noticed(read) that alot of IC player like to desynch and get more attacks in. This might be a good way to mess with that strategy. If one is SH Ice Blocking znc the others on the ground you can attempt to bounce it toward the other and and than run in while they react.

Not sure if this was a glitch, or if this'll be helpful to anyone, but it did seem like DAir could deflect them pretty easily.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
In that case, I totally am the first to point this out for BRAWL! GO ME!

In other news, please ignore me. I guess I don't try to punch enough projectiles when I'm playing.

[face_shamed]

Top Bottom