• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redundant to Main Wario & Secondary Yoshi?

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

Initially I put hours into yoshi and got really good, then I became obsessed with the META and transferred to Wario and enjoy him a lot but find myself struggling with him at times, whereas Yoshi is very good with me for most match ups. My question is, does it make sense to main one and secondary the other? Or are their MU’s adv/disadv too similar?

For example while I should be good against heavies with Wario, if I’m not on my A-game, I get punished by hard hitting moves and find it easier to bully heavies with yoshi. Whereas I feel myself getting stuck in disadv with fast character and find Wario to be more successful against these MU such as inkling / pika / wolf.

As a side note, I do have Ike as a counter pick for those sword MU’s that both wario and yoshi struggle against.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
I think you should Co-Main Yoshi and Wario, you've obviously put a lot of hours into both characters.
As for having trouble with havies as Wario you probably need to stay more airborne and mixup were you are going since Wario has bike and neutral air

Basically that's my opinion at the end of the day you are free to do whatever you want

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
I think you should Co-Main Yoshi and Wario, you've obviously put a lot of hours into both characters.
As for having trouble with havies as Wario you probably need to stay more airborne and mixup were you are going since Wario has bike and neutral air

Basically that's my opinion at the end of the day you are free to do whatever you want
That’s a really good idea actually. Appreciate your feedback. I have already committed so much to each it feels wrong to pick one over the other. Back to the lab!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember that the pre-Joker Meta, MKLeo used both Ike and Lucina to great success.

There actually an advantage to maining similar characters. It's much easier to pick a secondary or co-main that already plays to your strengths then it is to learn an entirely new play style to pick up someone different.

Besides, its not as though Wario and Yoshi don't have their differences. For instance, Yoshi has a viable (and annoying) projectiles, and Wario has a much more reliable grab, both of which can be important in certain match ups. I'd say things like that are far from redundant.

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
Just keep in mind that Co-maining characters requires a lot of time also if you have a bad matchup you want to cover you can ask us to give ideas especially against swordies.

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
Just keep in mind that Co-maining characters requires a lot of time also if you have a bad matchup you want to cover you can ask us to give ideas especially against swordies.
I’m willing to continue putting the time in. It’s refreshing to swap back and forth. But as to cover swordies, who do you recommend? I’m inconsistent with lucina, but can improve...my wolf is pretty decent just need to work on my recovery, and my Ike is solid I just have to focus on my spacing

Pitdabess

Smash Rookie
Sorry I'm answering a bit late but Palutena absolutely destroys every swordie and she doesn't play to different than Yoshi and Wario since you spend a lot of time in the air
But if you don't like her maybe wolf is a replacement.

Top Bottom