• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redact's donation drive - COMPLETE

Anders

Smash Rookie
You coming to rmit on the 12th?
I wasn't aware of it until just now, but I don't have any other plans so I should be there.

Also, I think if just one person brought a CRT the entire room would be huddled around it and everybody would be fighting for who gets to play on it next.
Dibs btw.

Splice

Smash Hero
I prefer the monitors because my opponent is all doubtin' their inputs coz lag and im just like whatevz cant tell the difference ey

Last edited:

Anders

Smash Rookie
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in laggy netplay. Monitors with input delay is like playing at my home ground. Get at me.

Edit: ****, ****posting harder than Basty at 2am on a Saturday night. brb re-evaluating my life.

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
Wait what, isn't he sponsored by EMP? They didnt help pay?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Wait what, isn't he sponsored by EMP? They didnt help pay?

Forget trying to help and saying they may have been unaware, it's not their responsibility man:happysheep:

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'll do some work and earn some money for this.
Redact's a top bloke, he doesn't deserve to be down that much money, especially after all the work he did to get Armada/Lucky here.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy

Forget trying to help and saying they may have been unaware, it's not their responsibility man:happysheep:
Copy paste from reddit I posted:

Hey guys redact here (the one down $1200)

Few things to clear up here.

First up is that I've literally not talked to EMP before or after because I know how useless they are, so them being unaware is a given.

The issue is not their fault and when it comes to actually getting a refund its super hard with the whole situation.

But with that in mind. They very easily could have gone "we didn't know, but we will help now" and then pm me or something. I never expected them to help and regardless of how things go I don't think they ever will.

Also I don't want Armada himself to help either as it feels wrong to go "hey those free flights here to help our players? Well something went wrong that's not your fault so pay up" especially after he coached guys here for crazy amounts of time.

Justin Wong also donated so really EG have helped more than EMP at this stage.

I'm about halfway to paying it off which is pretty mad considering I only asked for help like 2 days ago. I'm doing what I can to earn those donations so if anyone here does donate and has a request for anything, I will try to make it happen!

Edit for the people who dont know how it started:

Armadas first flight to australia had issues which prevented him from boarding so in order to ensure he came here I booked a 2nd flight which was all fine. Both flights are paid on my credit card but enough money was raised only to pay for 1 flight obviously. can't get a refund on the flight that didnt go through due to stupid stuff so im stuck with 2x the original bill which has resulted in me being $1200 down

ALSO

Smoking Puppy and Forte have boyh dropped $100 for me which is amazing. I'll do anything you guys just let me know!

Sieg

Smash Champion
I just sent you 40 mate, hopefully. I haven't used Paypal in a while and I had to reset a few passwords/bank accounts to get it all set up. We'll see!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I just got $200 donated to me by what I think is COOL SHIRTZ

https://www.facebook.com/coolshirtzz
http://www.verycoolshirtz.com/

I got a 1 liner from them saying "I GOT U BRU" so they didn't ask me for a plug but god damn do they deserve one.

With this donation and the few other bigger ones that have come in today I'm pretty much back to even so if you haven't donated yet, then don't worry about it.

If you want coaching or match reviews that badly just ask me or S.D and I'm sure we can do something without a payment necessary.

Thanks heaps to everyone who has donated, but super thanks to these guys COOL SHIRTZ again!

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I just got $200 donated to me by what I think is COOL SHIRTZ

https://www.facebook.com/coolshirtzz
http://www.verycoolshirtz.com/

I got a 1 liner from them saying "I GOT U BRU" so they didn't ask me for a plug but god damn do they deserve one.

With this donation and the few other bigger ones that have come in today I'm pretty much back to even so if you haven't donated yet, then don't worry about it.

If you want coaching or match reviews that badly just ask me or S.D and I'm sure we can do something without a payment necessary.

Thanks heaps to everyone who has donated, but super thanks to these guys COOL SHIRTZ again!
I was waiting until payday :-(

Top Bottom