• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recovery

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
what is the best way to recover with dr. mario because everytime i get knocked back i find it hard to counter the edge guard against opponents with longer range, i.e. marth?

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
distance? or just avoiding the edge guard?

distance= cape, jump, ^B not so much in that order but definatley those things

avoid= timing, if youve got a Fsmashing marth, try to time ur ^B so that you get to the edge but not get hit, basically at the last possible moment to get back to avoid getting hit

hope that helped

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
[1] Doc Tornado as high as you can.
[2] Rising pill jump towards the edge (if you're high enough you can throw multiple pills)
--- This is the most important part if you want to avoid getting hit by Marth's F-Smash. Remember to throw the pills at them. They'll have to bypass the pills in order to even touch you. This is best against Marths, and edge-guarders that like to hang out on the edge.
[3] Then, you'll want to sweetspot the edge, so you'll need to come from underneath. If you need to cape, do so (however I like to save those).
[4] Hopefully, those pills you threw earlier should keep them preoccupied while you approach the edge. Proceed to sweetspot the edge. You should get safely on the edge if Marth is edge-guarding the conventional Marth-method. If the Marth player has good timing. Then you can tech off of the edge.

This isn't perfect, but it certainly keeps you alive longer and forces the opponent to kill you like a man on the stage. This works well against Taj's and B-Will's Marths, so I know it works. However, they usually kill me on the stage anyway. They're too good. But, yeah, I get tons of kills coming back to the edge.

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
it is slightly helpful, but not so much as the PTP obviously if it gets you closer to the edge i say it helps

St. Viers

Smash Champion
__Correct Sequence__

1. DI Upwards and towards the stage if possible.

2. Drift towards the stage

3. Down B and mash like mad, while holding analog stick towards edge

4. Second Jump

5. Up+B to sweetspot edge

**if you can not remain level in the air while using Down+B, then don't use it. That is the worst you can do it and it will help, as you still gain some horizontal distance. Otherwise you just screw up your drifting

**Also, if you are near the edge by the second jump, but can't quite reach, fall below the stage before you Up+B, or airdodge up and towards the stage, and try to grab the ledge.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I do what St. Viers said.. But to start everything off, I like to cape first, to stop my movement in the air, so I will be able to drift in the opposite direction, towards the stage.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@ Kash: I'm not sure...as long as you can stall (not fall) I think you are fine: you go the same horizontal distance no matter how much you mash B...only height changes.

I rarely come to a time I need to use it, and I can always do a decent rise, so I'm not 100% sure on that

Top Bottom