• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

reasonable request to pmbr

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeZ

Smash Lord
this is all well and true. but he's still a **** for no good reason* to people.

noone likes misinformation.
but noone likes being told "im sorry but youre an idiot" either. (saying sorry before hand, is really jsut an extra kick in the nuts, we know youre not sorry, or you wouldnt do it)

if he replied to misinformation is a NICE way, helping out the person where they are wrong thyed feel less attacked and probably more likely to listen to reason instead of another thread full of flaming.

*his reason is not a good reason
But barring that, he's doing what wouldn't otherwise be done. It breaks about even from my point of view.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Guys, Its really easy to talk to barbie on here. Basically all he wants is the betterment of samus in the metagame. I have lurked on these boards for a good long while and yeah he can be rude at times but when some new samus player comes through here saying "look what I found" or states something as fact without testing it, he doesnt want future samuses coming through and reading any false info.

For example, Im a brand spankin new samus player and recently I stumbled upon an option out of bomb that I though was pretty cool. However I know nothing about samus' advanced play so I would simply ASK barbie like this.

"Hey Barbie, I was in training mode and saw that when you lay a bomb right on an opponent and get popped up, you can footstool them. Is this a valid tactic to use or are there better options?"

however it could have gone something like this.

"Whoa guys I just found the best tech evar. You can footstool out of a bomb lay and then fastfall dair them for free, Im gonna name it the Nannabomb combo."

Notice that I made so many assumptions there. 1) Apparently I discovered this. 2) it is automatically a good option
aaaand now I sound like a tool.

SO @ Litt Litt I did find this in my practicing. Any thoughts on if it is a solid option or are there better options after a bomb hit on an opponent?
Yeah, y'all should totally indulge his ego and firm belief that he is the ultimate authority on Samus boards. This self-appointment clearly gives him the right to deride new players for being new and not intuitively grasping every core aspect of the game, or simply not sharing the same opinion as him.

Barbie's a half-step removed from a troll and deserves about as much encouraging or direct acknowledgement as one. It's actually very cut and dry.

Sorry, @ GeZ GeZ , I think you're in the wrong here. The forum boards of a very underdeveloped character doesn't need a presence like him.

asd_

Smash Cadet
hey asd_ I never told you to shut the **** up, so show me the same respect, especially since you are a scrub, you should not be speaking like that to your fellow sami
I will demolish your **** keyboard warrior, come on netplay and see what's up.
if youre being a prick for no reason, nobody is going to want to show respect to that.
literally somebody agreed with you and then you start arguing with him, like what's your deal man relax its not even on topic this thread should be closed, so please drink a nice cup of stfu and stop yelling at people trying to help.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
I will demolish your **** keyboard warrior, come on netplay and see what's up.
if youre being a prick for no reason, nobody is going to want to show respect to that.
literally somebody agreed with you and then you start arguing with him, like what's your deal man relax its not even on topic this thread should be closed, so please drink a nice cup of stfu and stop yelling at people trying to help.
Sir just the fact you play on netplay shows how pathetic of a player you are. There is so much lag on it, if you want to get 4 stocked come see on a tv that produces consistent results, and please for the love of god, if you whip out a classic wii mote, Ill just laugh at you and walk away, hell you are in New York, come to a CT smash tourney and get wrecked please :). You are a scrub, learn your place, and I guess that wont happen until I do that for you. As for @Nannas I'm about to take a final, so Ill make my response to yours a lot more detailed later ^_^. @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames sir, you have been bopped by myself way too many times in arguments for you to keep coming back, crawl back into the nonexistence you have been in, because your presence thoroughly enjoyed there, you don't even main samus in melee or PM, so why are you here?

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I had an idea. Maybe, we should treat others the way we would like to be treated. Am I a guru or what?

asd_

Smash Cadet
Sir just the fact you play on netplay shows how pathetic of a player you are. There is so much lag on it, if you want to get 4 stocked come see on a tv that produces consistent results, and please for the love of god, if you whip out a classic wii mote, Ill just laugh at you and walk away, hell you are in New York, come to a CT smash tourney and get wrecked please :). You are a scrub, learn your place, and I guess that wont happen until I do that for you. As for @Nannas I'm about to take a final, so Ill make my response to yours a lot more detailed later ^_^. @ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames sir, you have been bopped by myself way too many times in arguments for you to keep coming back, crawl back into the nonexistence you have been in, because your presence thoroughly enjoyed there, you don't even main samus in melee or PM, so why are you here?
mm me at sktar, come find me if you really are so eager to stroke your epeen

1 -2 frame lag on a crt is hardly affecting your play

Hey guys, I had an idea. Maybe, we should treat others the way we would like to be treated. Am I a guru or what?
guru it is

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom