• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
PM killed Reality 64 :^(
Frankly I don't get what the problem is.
If I understand the April Fools video correctly, PM "3.64" is just PM with 64 skins, so it's not really stepping on Reality 64's territory. I mean, PM already had Smash 64 stages before reskinning them to be "HD."

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
If I understand the April Fools video correctly, PM "3.64" is just PM with 64 skins, so it's not really stepping on Reality 64's territory. I mean, PM already had Smash 64 stages before reskinning them to be "HD."
The joke was I got in contact with @SmashCapps (the old leader of this project) to pull off this joke.

If it weren't for him, the continuation of this PM '3.64' joke wouldn't get this far. Thanks again Capps!

If you missed it I even made an image for me suing Project M:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
i was being a funnyman

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The joke was I got in contact with @SmashCapps (the old leader of this project) to pull off this joke.

If it weren't for him, the continuation of this PM '3.64' joke wouldn't get this far. Thanks again Capps!

If you missed it I even made an image for me suing Project M:
Haha, nice! Yeah, I saw that pic.
Well, I'm a PM player, and now I'm excited to play your guys' game too!

gamegod7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamegod7
3DS FC
1607-2735-0153
Hey I know this might not be the right thread to ask a question, but do you have the sound effects for smash 64? i Would really really want to put those into something likr project M, but I am not sure where to look for them.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hey I know this might not be the right thread to ask a question, but do you have the sound effects for smash 64? i Would really really want to put those into something likr project M, but I am not sure where to look for them.
You're right, this is not the right place to ask.

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
Has a demo of this mod been released to the public yet? Very much looking forward to at least a build with the original 12 characters and 12 stages once that much is finished.

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
Bear in mind that Smash 64 had different sfx between the Japanese and English versions.

Everyone knows the iconic English version video-gamey sound effects, but it'd still be neat to have the more realistic Japanese version's sound effects, as an alternate build type of thing.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
Even if what PM did wasn't a joke and they gave us the N64 look shown in that trailer, I would still enjoy Reality 64 more. I want a smash 64 themed mod to have smash 64's physics. I want Pikachu's down B to have infinate vertical range. Most of all, I want to be able to use my main Falcon's N64 Fsmash again.

Not cool PM.
I'm almost certain you can count on having that.

But seriously, Pikachu should be nerfed and Kirby's foot bones should be scaled to match his disjoints..

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
One idea could be to "remaster" the N64 sfx, similar to how Project M will be remastering some Melee sfx for 3.6.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie

InnerMobius

Smash Apprentice
They're using all new high poly models based on SSB64's concept art, last I heard. The DK model is in this thread somewhere. They're putting a ton of love and work into this. You can always grab a bunch of N64 models off Brawl Vault and use those instead if you want though. I'll certainly be trying that out.
Ahh, I see, I actually saw the one for Link pop up on the vault, it was really impressive.

Maybe there's another way to tackle it though? Like in Project M, how there are 2 'team' options for colors for Link and a few other characters, maybe add in concept art characters and low-poly? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Hey just dropping in. I only found this project today. I'm really excited to see what comes of this. Even if it doesn't take off, which it should given the effort, I'm excited to play this in the future. I especially love those re-imagined models. Link is particularly sweet. Just like the art on the box!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
They're using all new high poly models based on SSB64's concept art, last I heard. The DK model is in this thread somewhere. They're putting a ton of love and work into this. You can always grab a bunch of N64 models off Brawl Vault and use those instead if you want though. I'll certainly be trying that out.
i hope

Jinjo64

Smash Apprentice
Been watching this on and off for a year now. Hope to see it soon guys! Also as a kirby player hopefully he'll be balanced and fair to play!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
What I've been fantasizing most about Reality 64 is the character designs, are there any characters who wouldn't get any redesign? I'm thinking probably :rob::gw::toonlink::jigglypuff::squirtle: because they already resemble the art-style that Reality 64 is going for, maybe ROB could look less realistic with more simple textures?

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
What I've been fantasizing most about Reality 64 is the character designs, are there any characters who wouldn't get any redesign? I'm thinking probably :rob::gw::toonlink::jigglypuff::squirtle: because they already resemble the art-style that Reality 64 is going for, maybe ROB could look less realistic with more simple textures?
I saw a mod for Toon Link that made him based off of the gbc Zelda games, they could go with that for him

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I know I'm obsessing over the new models, but I made this image of potential designs characters could have for Reality 64.

Game & Watch - Manhole
Diddy Kong - Rareware Model
Pit - NES Artwork
Wario - Nintendo 64
Meta Knight - Kirby's Adventure Artwork
Falco - SNES
Ivysaur - Classic
Charizard - Classic
Squirtle - Classic
ROB - Less detailed, more plastic-like.
Peach - Super Mario Bros. 2 Artwork
Sonic - Genesis/Saturn
Bowser - Nintendo 64

Last edited:

Team Dogfight

Smash Rookie
Why base Squirtle and Ivysaur off of their FR/LG designs when Charizard will be based off of his RGBY design?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Why base Squirtle and Ivysaur off of their FR/LG designs when Charizard will be based off of his RGBY design?
Well first of all I'm not actually working with Reality 64, and it was just the design choice really, not trying to represent a specific game.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Well first of all I'm not actually working with Reality 64, and it was just the design choice really, not trying to represent a specific game.
You're more than welcome to join if you want. We need more members!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You're more than welcome to join if you want. We need more members!
Although that would kind of be a dream come true I don't think I would serve any purpose, I just love the idea of the project and coming up with new ideas for it.

I made these renders for fun, I don't really know if they're good though.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Although that would kind of be a dream come true I don't think I would serve any purpose, I just love the idea of the project and coming up with new ideas for it.

I made these renders for fun, I don't really know if they're good though.
That would actually help us out alot. We need more ideas for things.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Just thought of this, if :squirtle::ivysaur::charizard: are going to be separated which I assume they will... How about using their side specials for down specials!

:ivysaur: Razor Leaf gets switched to standard special and Bullet Seed is the new down special.
:charizard: Rock Smash is down special, it worked in Smash 4.
:squirtle: Water Gun is down special, while Withdraw is standard special.

This would make so much sense, and save tons of time.

That would actually help us out alot. We need more ideas for things.
Here are the full renders btw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom