• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
don't double post please
We already got our idea down for csps (that we'll show off one day), no need, but thanks for the interest in the project!
thanks for replying back, and will you have your own 64-inspired costumes like pm with melee, because if you do i will photoshop my face on a cat and give one to all my classmates

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
thanks for replying back, and will you have your own 64-inspired costumes like pm with melee, because if you do i will photoshop my face on a cat and give one to all my classmates
We will have be 64-Inspired costumes for all of the Original 12

Muta

Smash Rookie
I have concerns with some playability / fun factor on the engine. While I realise that the entire point of this mod is to emulate the 64 engine and gameplay, and bring it to a space with more characters and stages to play around with, but why limit ourselves to that? There were a few definite flaws with 64 engine that made it feel a bit clumsy in my opinion, as there were with Melee, but the difference is that when making Project M, the PMDT accepted this fact and kept many of the technical things from Brawl, while not bringing everything over from Melee, notably the bad things. I want this mod to be fun and as awesome as Project M when it releases, but there are a few things that keep me from only playing Smash 64 currently: namely the clumsy grab mechanics with no dash grabs, no air dodges, oddly small window for Z-Cancelling (this isn't a necessity, just something that would be convenient to make easier (perhaps an option in the Rules menu?)), and the obvious lack of extensive content, but that last one won't be a problem eventually.

TL;DR
I don't feel that it would be optimal to just clone the 64 engine, instead, I think you should make a few of its clumsy elements more user-friendly, especially coming from a game like Melee or PM.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
I'd be okay with having an option to make the Z-Cancel window wider (maybe something like PM's optional input buffer), but for the most part I don't want to see much changed. Adding air dodges feels a bit excessive to me, like it would change the dynamics of SSB64 by way too great a degree. The same thing with, say, spot dodges. I'd rather not have dash grabs either. I don't really feel like their absence is some great blemish on the game's playability, and while I'm not personally a part of it, I feel like the game's continued competitive scene is a testament to that.
It's sort of inherent to the project that it's going to result in a clunky game, just for the fact that it's imitating the earliest step in Smash's evolution. I'm of the opinion that it should be embraced to the fullest degree. Maybe that's just me. Idk.
For curiosity's sake though, would you prefer Melee air dodge or Brawl? Or something in between, like a single use dodge (a la Melee) that you can't give direction (a la Brawl)?

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Been lightly following this project for a few months, just wanted to say that I'm hyped to try this out!

Ninjas Happen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1032-1482-9394
I have a cool idea for Falco when you guys start on non original 12 characters.
You guys said Falco will most likely have his side B, so what if you press neutral B it shortens it automatically, but if you press it holding left or right it goes full length.
I found this a couple days ago and i'm really excited about it, so take your time and don't rush out gameplay until it works.:bee:

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Really excited to try this out, since 64 would probably be my favourite smash game(cause playing Ness is by far the funnest thing in the world). Hoping for the best for this project, and that it becomes the next project M. Playing this at tournaments would be a blast!

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I'm not trying to force anybody to do anything, and I know this would take a long time to do, but I feel as if this would just be too perfect for Reality 64.

Every character being reimagined into this style would just make this mod simply magical imo, I actually came up with this in my head myself as a neat idea for Smash 5, and I come on this thread and see that somebody has actually done it already and it just made me realize how absolutely perfect this would be for Reality 64.

I'm not trying to say that this mod would be bad without this or anything, but I can't think of anything more fitting for Reality 64.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to force anybody to do anything, and I know this would take a long time to do, but I feel as if this would just be too perfect for Reality 64.

Every character being reimagined into this style would just make this mod simply magical imo, I actually came up with this in my head myself as a neat idea for Smash 5, and I come on this thread and see that somebody has actually done it already and it just made me realize how absolutely perfect this would be for Reality 64.

I'm not trying to say that this mod would be bad without this or anything, but I can't think of anything more fitting for Reality 64.
You know the guy who made those is on the Relaity 64 team, right?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You know the guy who made those is on the Relaity 64 team, right?
I saw that was mentioned earlier, but I wasn't sure if that meant that he will be reworking every character and it will be the guaranteed art-style.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752

Those were made by our 3D modeler. I think those models and their style are going to be used In R64.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
So I know the main focus is on the original 12, but are you guys up for ideas on the other characters? I know some of them might have some issues with removing a special, and you could make some characters more unique by deciding to remove a special that's similar to another one. I'm gonna put some of my ideas below, and I could think of more if it would help out.
:olimar:
Could make his pikmin pluck a taunt (preferably up for convenience). This way he still has all the moves he needs to actually work.

:marth:
Make Dancing Blade his neutral special

:ike:
Make Quick Draw his down special. The reason for this is now Marth and Ike don't even have similar special moves. Counter and Shield Breaker/Eruption were similar moves on both, but now each only has one.

:falco:
Make his neutral special Phantasm to distinguish from Fox.

:sheilda::pt:
Get rid of transform//switch Pokemon so they don't really lose a move.

:pit:
Possibly change his side special to be an A move.

:toonlink:
Let him have arrows to separate himself from Link

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So I know the main focus is on the original 12, but are you guys up for ideas on the other characters? I know some of them might have some issues with removing a special, and you could make some characters more unique by deciding to remove a special that's similar to another one. I'm gonna put some of my ideas below, and I could think of more if it would help out.
Could make his pikmin pluck a taunt (preferably up for convenience). This way he still has all the moves he needs to actually work.

Make Quick Draw his down special. The reason for this is now Marth and Ike don't even have similar special moves. Counter and Shield Breaker/Eruption were similar moves on both, but now each only has one.

This has already been discussed, but I like the idea of Pit's side special possibly being a side tilt.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
This has already been discussed, but I like the idea of Pit's side special possibly being a side tilt.
Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread? About how far back was it mentioned you think? Like recently or towards the beginning.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sorry I didn't read through the whole thread? About how far back was it mentioned you think? Like recently or towards the beginning.
I don't blame you, and It was quite awhile ago, and it's not like you can't talk about anymore.

Last edited:

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice

But you forgot the easiest one
:sonic: Only keep one Spindash.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If Reality 64 actually does have the Smash 64 Reimagined graphics that bizzo made (Which I hope to god it will), I'd be pretty cool to have Sonic look like this.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
But you forgot the easiest one
:sonic: Only keep one Spindash.
Yeah I didn't think of too many because I didn't know if it'd be helpful or not, and some are pretty obvious like just remove the current side special (like R.O.B., Wario, Peach, Meta Knight, ect.)

For :snake:, it might be cool to replace his side smash with a version of his side special that only sends the missile straight.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Here's just some references to what characters could be re-visioned to look like in Reality 64.

Last edited:

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
Yeah I didn't think of too many because I didn't know if it'd be helpful or not, and some are pretty obvious like just remove the current side special (like R.O.B., Wario, Peach, Meta Knight, ect.)

For :snake:, it might be cool to replace his side smash with a version of his side special that only sends the missile straight.
I feel like Snake's grenade is already an integral part of his moveset. It makes for more complex setups and has much more use than the nikita. He can use it to assist recovery, possibly ledge guard with it, and set up strings.

In short, I don't think that's a good idea.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I feel like Snake's grenade is already an integral part of his moveset. It makes for more complex setups and has much more use than the nikita. He can use it to assist recovery, possibly ledge guard with it, and set up strings.

In short, I don't think that's a good idea.
I didn't say remove his grenade. I said swap his side smash for his side special.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Oh shoot, I didn't see that.
Still, that might feel weird.
I thought it might be something interesting to try as it still fits with snake's character and no other character has a projectile smash attack besides Snake.

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
is that copyright stuff for sMash 64 real THO ? know it's just 64 models and levels for PM but still

"The Reality 64 team was left aghast at this recent affront from the Project M development team. They knew full well we had been working on the premiere Smash 64 mod, and to see this recent trailer leaves us disgusted. If Project M does not plan on stopping this project we plan to take whatever legal action necessary to see to it this mod will never become available."

DIOOO

Smash Rookie
is that copyright stuff for sMash 64 real THO ? know it's just 64 models and levels for PM but still

"The Reality 64 team was left aghast at this recent affront from the Project M development team. They knew full well we had been working on the premiere Smash 64 mod, and to see this recent trailer leaves us disgusted. If Project M does not plan on stopping this project we plan to take whatever legal action necessary to see to it this mod will never become available."
What day is it?

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Even if what PM did wasn't a joke and they gave us the N64 look shown in that trailer, I would still enjoy Reality 64 more. I want a smash 64 themed mod to have smash 64's physics. I want Pikachu's down B to have infinate vertical range. Most of all, I want to be able to use my main Falcon's N64 Fsmash again.

Not cool PM.

Top Bottom