• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reality 64: A Smash 64 Mod For Brawl [Not Quite The End | Page 26]

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I cant wait for this to come out. I wanna bring it with me to Xanadu and get people to test it with me.

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
To go along with the simple theme, then every recovery should put the player in a helpless state, and tethers should be removed.

bb010g

Smash Cadet
To go along with the simple theme, then every recovery should put the player in a helpless state, and tethers should be removed.
Tethers and other tech only need to be removed if they don't work well with the pacing and general "feel" of 64. Personally, I would leave them in until many tests have been made and it's established that they won't work in any form. We needn't be premature on removing features.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Only problem is that ROB doesn't have a helpless state
One has already been made for him in other mods. ROB may get a new animation for it, but it has been done before. Perhaps his Up Special could be reworked into one quick, effective boost(with the helpless state after).

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
One has already been made for him in other mods. ROB may get a new animation for it, but it has been done before. Perhaps his Up Special could be reworked into one quick, effective boost(with the helpless state after).
I figured a helpless could be added to him. Are glide recoveries going to be in, like Peach's Parasol?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I figured a helpless could be added to him. Are glide recoveries going to be in, like Peach's Parasol?
I personally don't know, although I would think that traditional glides(Pit, Charizard, Meta Knight, etc.) from jump are going to be cut anyway.

Rage83

Smash Ace
It's been a while, how's the progress on this project?
codeset things for the first demo are essentially complete, and hitbox conversion will resume soon. I have another question for the community: Would players want to play on edited versions of N64-based Melee and Brawl stages? For Example: Rainbow Cruise is present in reality 64, with Smash 64-esque boundaries and such. High poly is an edited version of the one from Melee/Brawl, while low poly is the original Rainbow cruise from Super Mario 64, arranged to be the same (minus looks) as the high poly version.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
I would absolutely want to play on that. Sounds amazing. If it can be made with an N64 level poly count, then it should be, imo.

Rage83

Smash Ace
On the topic of costumes, will there be brand new costumes added?
It's a possibility. We want to have whatever models are absolutely needed for the initial release to be done before we do that, though. Also, we now have a dedicated modeler on our team now! I've been having a lot of communication with them on our art direction as well. I'm not sure if I should reveal who it is yet, as certain other members of the team may be unhappy with a potential spoiler through a reveal. As far as model help goes though, we really could use people who know how to make expressions for models, mainly with texture animations(PAT0, SRT0, etc.)

Josiah Virgil

Smash Cadet
know this might be a weird question, but could I provide creative direction over Snake's attack moveset (as opposed to special moveset)? I have some interesting ideas for his aerials.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
know this might be a weird question, but could I provide creative direction over Snake's attack moveset (as opposed to special moveset)? I have some interesting ideas for his aerials.
First we're going to worry about the 64 cast and the Melee cast, then when we get that far I may get in contact with you.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
First we're going to worry about the 64 cast and the Melee cast, then when we get that far I may get in contact with you.
I've actually been meaning to ask this: do you guys have any ideas currently on how to differentiate Fox and Falco's lasers? Also, do you know yet whether you're going to give Falco a Melee esque or quasi-Brawl shine?

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
so i found this gif around

i think, whatsoever, that the alt models for Reality 64 should follow a style akin to this DK model
Our official character models are going to follow the art style of that DK model. It's based off of the concept art for DK in Smash 64, and bizzozeron has been making models for us in that same style for at least a few days now. For other examples, there are his released versions of Smash 64 Mario and Luigi. Note that the majority of the models that you guys see coming from us now are not final, but simply in a decent, usable state(They'll be cleaned up later).

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
I remember seeing somewhere that final smashes were originally planned to be in Smash 64 however they were scratched due to limitations. You have ideas of keeping smash balls around with 64-esque styles (Heck, you can try ripping an arwing model from starfox for falco's final smash!). On the competitive end, keep up the good work dudes!

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Is it too late to join and help out with this project? I'm a pretty decent at animation (I do best with key animation) and I can do some sniffy stuff with Photoshop.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Is it too late to join and help out with this project? I'm a pretty decent at animation (I do best with key animation) and I can do some sniffy stuff with Photoshop.
We need all of the animators we can get at the moment. Also, having a second 2D artist would probably be welcome as well. I'd recommend contact with TheRealHeroOfWinds on Skype to talk with you(and anyone else, really) about becoming a part of the team.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I remember seeing somewhere that final smashes were originally planned to be in Smash 64 however they were scratched due to limitations. You have ideas of keeping smash balls around with 64-esque styles (Heck, you can try ripping an arwing model from starfox for falco's final smash!). On the competitive end, keep up the good work dudes!
There's also unused sounds in 64's ROM that would've been used for Final Smashes. Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, and Ness all had unused sounds. The last 3's sounds are probably the most obvious. Pikachu shouts "PIKA........CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU", Captain Falcon says "Blue Falcon!", and Ness shouts "PK STARSTORM!".

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I would love to make csps, css, and bps for you, if you want i could also pm you some of my non-public csps

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
don't double post please
We already got our idea down for csps (that we'll show off one day), no need, but thanks for the interest in the project!

Top Bottom