• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(REALISTIC) Dlc suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Take it easy, it's just an idea. I personally would rather more new characters than more semi-clones. I loved Lucas and Wolf in Brawl (especially more than their counterparts), but at this point, if we are going to get DLC, I think it'd be of everyone's interest to get NEW characters. No it's not ideal to get reskins, but it would be better than nothing.
Wolf probably wouldn't work as a costume, as he is larger than Fox and seeing him moving like Fox would be kinda weird.
Lucas on the other hand would WORK, as he has the same build as Ness. It'd be a little weird to see him swinging around yo-yos and using a bat over his stick, but it'd still make more sense than Wolf fighting like Fox.

Anyhow, I'll forever cross my fingers for Wolf and Lucas in any way, shape or form.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
How about we get everybodys favorite Zelda character as a DLC fighter, this guy
:troll:
oh dear god, i think he would top jiggly on the trollage capability if they ever did that.
No idea what would be good reps for his moves but i can guarantee theyre going to be wacky and rage enducing when they hit you because theyre either so obvious its sickening or humiliating to get hit by due to effects.
Theres a reason i loathe Peach's side smash. Frying pan sounds.....nuff said lol so humiliating to get whacked by that

Last edited:
Ice Climbers are still in the running, imo. (Or should I say, the Cool Runnings?) Now that the retail version of Smash is out, they have time to work on a solution for ICs on 3DS and in 8P Smash without fear of delaying the game.

Lucas and Wolf seem probable, redundant as it may be with other characters' custom specials.

If there are new characters, they will probably be ones easily adapted from existing characters. Daisy, Dixie Kong, that sort of thing.

Last edited:

DrShankums

Smash Cadet
Not sure sure if sure if he's been suggested or not yet, but I'd love to see geomon in smash. I'm pretty sure he's a Konami ip if I'm not mistaking. Maybe a Zelda like transform to utilize the other characters in the series like in the 64 game.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
First, Ryu is now a realistic candidate?

How about we get everybodys favorite Zelda character as a DLC fighter, this guy
[\spoiler]
:troll:
Yes.

Also, I'd take Lucas or Wolf, maybe one of Pokemon trainer's pokemon, but we have a pokemon dlc rep already.
Snake can't and won't happen. At all. And that is sad.
Maybe Isaac, or a character with a future release, like Captain Toad.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I really want Isaac...and some people take the signs of no Isaac assist trophy (yet) or content at all as a hope of him coming soon but maybe they just ditched the series altogether, after that not so great 3rd game...

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
First, Ryu is now a realistic candidate?

Yes.

Also, I'd take Lucas or Wolf, maybe one of Pokemon trainer's pokemon, but we have a pokemon dlc rep already.
Snake can't and won't happen. At all. And that is sad.
Maybe Isaac, or a character with a future release, like Captain Toad.
Umm, I was just joking, hence the troll face.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Having more actual characters for DLC would be nice, but I actually wouldn't mind just having a simple bundle for more palettes/skins for characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd probably say the following...
  • Wolf (fighter)
  • Sunshine Peach (palette swap for Peach; 8 colors)
  • Dr. Luigi (palette swap for Luigi; 8 colors)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
What I request wouldn't be another character, but an update to training mode to make it actually useful.

- Add stale-move negation (heard training mode doesn't have it, correct me if I'm wrong)
- A feature to view in-game hitboxes and hurtboxes
- A record/Playback feature like the ones in Street Fighter, so you could record your dummy opponent and make it do what you want it to do. That way I could practice my _defensive_ tecchniques and see if I can avoid/weaken/halt certain combos, projectiles, attacks, or other annoying stuff. I can also practice gimping better, since the AI is terrible at recovering and has bad habits.
- Allow the dummy to do stuff like Techs, Shields, or Airdodge (they do air dodge sometimes in my experience, but not when I want them to)

Who agrees?

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Darn, someone beat me to making a DLC thread :p

But anyways, I'm on board with bringing back ol' vets, new palettes/alt costumes, and old/new stages. Maybe we could get some new music too! Well, here's some of my thoughts...
  • I really miss Lucas, I played him quite a bit in Brawl.
  • I'd like to see Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake back too.
  • I do want to see Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia become a fighter but that's just my little dream
  • I'm down for Isaac. I haven't played Golden Sun, but he looks cool. I see him playing as a Luigified Robin.
  • I kinda want the Chorus Kids~ I think they have a chance!
  • Initially, I did want a grass type Pokemon to finish the fire-water-grass triangle, but I'd feel like 7 Pokemon reps (including Mewtwo) would be pushing it... but there's a lot of Mario reps in this Smash, so I don't think it'd be too bad.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here's what I think we could see...

Veterans:
Roy
Lucas
Wolf
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Captain Toad
Chorus Kids
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Impa
Chibi Robo
Krystal

Obviously not all of those characters will make it, but I'm sure we'll see a few from that list. I'm personally banking on Captain Toad, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Wolf, and Lucas. Maybe Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids, but that may be a bit less likely.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Oh my gosh I forgot about Bandana Dee! :facepalm: I think he has a fair chance of getting in as DLC.

And I've been thinking about Roy, if he did manage to get in as DLC. I'd like to see his moveset changed from Melee, to differentiate himself from Lucina and Marth.

I'm not too sure about Squirtle and Ivysaur returning as vets. I'm indifferent to them. If they get in, that's good I suppose.

What I request wouldn't be another character, but an update to training mode to make it actually useful.

- Add stale-move negation (heard training mode doesn't have it, correct me if I'm wrong)
- A feature to view in-game hitboxes and hurtboxes
- A record/Playback feature like the ones in Street Fighter, so you could record your dummy opponent and make it do what you want it to do. That way I could practice my _defensive_ tecchniques and see if I can avoid/weaken/halt certain combos, projectiles, attacks, or other annoying stuff. I can also practice gimping better, since the AI is terrible at recovering and has bad habits.
- Allow the dummy to do stuff like Techs, Shields, or Airdodge (they do air dodge sometimes in my experience, but not when I want them to)

Who agrees?
This would be a very nice update! I'm trying to learn the advanced techs and such in this Smash, so I see it being helpful to many people :) I tend to hit up training in Skullgirls when I'm learning how to play a new character, and Skullgirls' training is very similar to what you've described here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Realistically with Lucina and Ike, Roy isn't coming back.

Because of the 3DS Ice Climbers aren't coming back.

Ness and Fox got Lucas' and Wolf's specials so unless they get the clone treatment, they're not coming back.

That leaves Snake (Unless you want to count Villager and DHD as his replacement) and The Trainer but with different pokemon.

This also sadly means Pichu could make it back instead of a unique moveset.

So with the exclusion of Issac and Ray, I could see both getting in (and no I am not gonna rule either out just because of the stupid "no future games rule". Geno's a gray area but if Sakurai is willing to go to Square or Enix then sure. Paper Mario could be a choice. Same with Bandana Dee and a another Mother character minus Jeff. K. Rool has a shot if hes not owned by Rare.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Realistically with Lucina and Ike, Roy isn't coming back.

Because of the 3DS Ice Climbers aren't coming back.

Ness and Fox got Lucas' and Wolf's specials so unless they get the clone treatment, they're not coming back.

That leaves Snake (Unless you want to count Villager and DHD as his replacement) and The Trainer but with different pokemon.

This also sadly means Pichu could make it back instead of a unique moveset.

So with the exclusion of Issac and Ray, I could see both getting in (and no I am not gonna rule either out just because of the stupid "no future games rule". Geno's a gray area but if Sakurai is willing to go to Square or Enix then sure. Paper Mario could be a choice. Same with Bandana Dee and a another Mother character minus Jeff. K. Rool has a shot if hes not owned by Rare.
Correction, Fox got one of his specials. Plus he could be reworked anyway to feature different specials, same could be done to lucas

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Don't see how that's an issue, considering several characters have overlapping moves when it comes to customs.

They also made PK Freeze completely worthless compared to Flash and Piercing Thunder is much slower. It's really a shame.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
I'd like to see more costume and stage DLC, not characters. I'd like to see Dr. Luigi and a Yarn Yoshi skin. Maybe a Fountain of Dreams remake and a new Metroid stage could be added, too.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Season Pass (15-25 dollars) Season Pass Bonus: Roy

DLC Pack 1: Returning Favorites (5-8 dollars)
Mewtwo (Free for owning both versions of the game)
Lucas
Wolf
3 Returning upgraded retro stages, Miiverse Stage (Free for owning both versions of the game), 4 new Mii Hats, 9 new Mii outfits (3 per class), Vs. Master Core Battle Mode, trophies surrounding star wolf team, Mother series, and some extra pokemon trophies

DLC Pack 2: Help our heroes! (5-8 Dollars)
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Captain Toad
Daisy skin for Peach, Protoman skin for Mega Man with alternate final smash (flashes Roll, Auto, Tango, and Dr. Light instead of the Mega Men), James skin for Fox, New Mii Fighter class: Staff with 10 outfits to be unlocked, 8 new mii hats, 3 completely new stages. Ability to play non-omega mode with active stage hazards turned off.

DLC Pack 3: Returning Favorites II: Pokestyle (5-8 dollars)
Blastoise (Squirtle modified to be a solo character)
Venusaur (Ivysaur modified to be a solo character)
Ice Climbers (If they can figure out how to make them work on 3DS by this point, if not, Pichu)
3 Returning upgraded Retro Stages specifically including Saffron City and if Ice Climbers are able to be used also including Icicle Mountain, Raichu Skin for Pikachu, Igglybuff Skin for Jigglypuff, Charizard Y skin for Charizard with alternate mega form final smash, Extra Smash Run Maps based on Melee's Adventure Mode maps, Event Matches for the Wii U, Smash Brothers 64 demo for WII U, pokemon costume themed mii outfits and hats

DLC Pack 4: The New Challengers (5-10 dollars)
Isaac
Chorus Men
Dr. Luigi (Luigi/Dr. Mario Clone)
Flying Man
Inkling
Impa (In Zelda character tradition.... she is inexplicably a Greninja Clone)
Helmetless Samus Alt Costume, Donkey Kong with Boxing Gloves Alt Costume, An Alternate color for Bowser Jr's Skins, Dry Bowser Alt Skin, Ocarina of Time/Hyrule warriors costumes for Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa, Five New Stages (One is a Golden Sun stage, another a rhythm heaven stage, and another a Splatoon Stage), Alternate Game Mode: Powers Smash (You can play vs rounds with your Smash Run custom powers on as well as your custom movesets), New Custom Equipment, Extra Slots for Mii Fighters, And another new Mii Fighter Class. The best I can think of is Archer, but I'm not sold that's the best to go with.

I'd hand over my money in a second.

Last edited:

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I'm in favor of character DLC. Interesting because initially, I wasn't, but I feel Mewtwo has seriously changed my mind on this aspect. So here are my opinions/predictions on DLC:

Likely Returning Vets
1. Wolf
2. Lucas
3. Snake

Unlikely Returning Vets
1. Roy
2. Squirtle
3. Ivysaur

No Way in Heck are Coming Back
1. Pichu
2. Young Link
3. Pokemon Trainer
4. Ice Climbers (Unless they decide to implement SoPo)

Possible Newcomers
1. A DK Rep (Either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong)
2. A Zelda Rep (Impa, more than likely, but I'm personally hoping for Tetra)
3. A Currently Unrepped Franchise Rep (Possible candidates: Isaac or Chorus Kids)

Reusable Assets
1. Flying Man
2. Ridley

Last edited:

Her0Noi5e

Smash Cadet
Well since Mega-man is in this game, it's not a farfetched idea to think Zero / Protoman can be in this game too.

I think he would be a nice addition. He'd be more brawler/swordman base then mega-man would be, that way they can contrast each other.

Last edited:

Minuy600

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, seasonal seems about right for me. Here's my list:

Spring: Mewtwo (of course)
Summer: Dixie/King K. Rool/Inkling (Splatoon comes out around that time, so Inkling looks like an interesting char. Maybe with Male/Female costume, just like WFT and Robin)
Autumm: Impa/New Zelda Char
Winter: One of the scrapped characters (Wolf seems most likely)

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Up B 3 is also clearly based on Wolf Up B, even though it animates differently it has the same properties. Charge Blaster is also generally similar to Wolf's Blaster.

Granted, Wolf does have very different normals, but I still feel like he got those moves to sort of make up for Wolf's omission.
So Tails and lloyd have a higher priority? LOL!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Likely and want:

-Snake

I can dream because this most likely won't happen:

-King K Rool
-Rundas

Costumes:

-Hooded Robin
-Yukata Lucina
-Dry Bowser

It's all I really want.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Ice Climbers
K. Rool
Krystal
Sceptile
Bayonetta (This is probably a bit unrealistic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom