• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

realease date rumor

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well it seems that Gamespot has listed the game to be released in April of next year, so it seems something is going on, here is the link.
.n_n.
I've seen this on many sites, firstly here .
That article was linked from another source, all of them slowly reducing the amount of info. On the link I give they give more info then MyNintendoNews. It isn't listed as SSB4 just 'sku' apparently. I think they're heavily going on assumption there.

Now I HOPE it comes out at that time, as for one it'd feel so soon and two it makes sense given it's been about two years already.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Damn if April is right than Mario Kart and Smash Bros within a week of each other would completely destroy any momentum PS4 and Xbone have... that would be a HUGE summer for Nintendo and will see incredible increase in Wii U sales. Smart from a marketing situation.
Wait, Mario Kart 8 is confirmed for April as well????

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
OH I thought Spring releases for videogames were in March for some reason LOL

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Spring could refer to anytime from March 1st to May 31st. So April is feasible as well.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
As much as I hope that it releases April 8th, Lego The Hobbit was the game they were talking about, I'm afraid.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I doubt the game will be released on April 8th....

Not that I mind as that's my birthday and it would be a wonderful birthday present for me. :p

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I mean this game could end up late 2014 ( I hope not might die of hype by then :p) but there really as much evidnence for it to come out early as it will come out late, I think people are just worried about delays because of brawl. The game has been in development for a while with a bigger work force this time. The game previewed in the screen shots look done and apparently the staff plays 4 player matches every day so it being capable of doing that should show the game is at least in a playable state now

Sorry, but I don't think it will. I checked myself, and Lego The Hobbit is releasing for 3DS and Wii U on April 8, 2014. I think that's the real game at hand, not Smash Bros 4.
I searched it up and have a feeling that it is indeed the lego game :(

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
As much as I hope that it releases April 8th, Lego The Hobbit was the game they were talking about, I'm afraid.
I'm not sure why Lego The Hobbit releasing on April 8th would mean that Smash 4 couldn't be released on the same day. Games release on the same day as each other frequently. Unless you're indicating that Gamestop was intending to put Lego The Hobbit in their system, but somehow put the wrong name in. It could be possible, but it seems very unlikely that they wouldn't have noticed before finalizing it or that no one would have noticed and follow up with a supervisor or manager to verify that it isn't a clerical error.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
explain why?
Meh, just an incling really. I have the feeling Nintendo would probably want to concentrate most of the attention and sales towards Mario Kart 8 around that time but what do I know.

It would certainly be a pleasant surprise if they did release it around that time, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather not get my hopes up. :/

Viking Milo

Smash Rookie
Summer vacation in April? Kids these days have it good. We had to wait until the end of May when I was in school!

Part of me hopes it's released sooner rather than later. On the other hand, I hope the rumor of August 2014 is true, as my birthday is on the 4th!
That's probably just him...... I get out of school mid June, so you had it better than I did.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I'm not sure why Lego The Hobbit releasing on April 8th would mean that Smash 4 couldn't be released on the same day. Games release on the same day as each other frequently. Unless you're indicating that Gamestop was intending to put Lego The Hobbit in their system, but somehow put the wrong name in. It could be possible, but it seems very unlikely that they wouldn't have noticed before finalizing it or that no one would have noticed and follow up with a supervisor or manager to verify that it isn't a clerical error.
Gamestop never said anything about SSB4. They had an available sku listed as both Wii U and 3DS on April 8th. When I checked, there was no sku, but Lego The Hobbit releasing for both systems on April 8th.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Gamestop never said anything about SSB4. They had an available sku listed as both Wii U and 3DS on April 8th. When I checked, there was no sku, but Lego The Hobbit releasing for both systems on April 8th.
The article itself says and I quote...

US retailer GameStop has updated its database and has listed the forthcoming Super Smash Bros title for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS with a possible release date of April 8th 2014. Nintendo has yet to confirm a release date for the highly anticipated title, but we may see some footage at this year’s VGX Awards in December.
So it could have been an error and they meant to put in Lego The Hobbit. But why only list 3DS and Wii U? It's also coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Vita, and PC, so it should have listed all those consoles, not just 3DS and Wii U.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
That wasn't Gamestop's actual post, that was the post of a post saying that Gamestop listed an available sku, and it MAY be Smash Bros. 4. Go read more then one article, because SSB4 isn't releasing in April.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I just hope that they'll be able to implement the just recently updated miiverse api, giving smash a decent online service with lobbies, friend invites, etc...
Really hoping to be able to make miiverse groups for smash bros. holding tourneys within the groups and what not.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
That wasn't Gamestop's actual post, that was the post of a post saying that Gamestop listed an available sku, and it MAY be Smash Bros. 4. Go read more then one article, because SSB4 isn't releasing in April.
I never said it was. But the article that was posted here on this thread did and hence why it is being discussed. Quit making assumptions.

And again, if it was really Lego The Hobbit, it wouldn't have listed only 3DS and Wii U, as it's a multi-platform title, not an exclusive.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Well, I checked (Gamestop) myself, and it said exactly that Lego The Hobbit releases for 3DS and Wii U on April 8th. Don't ask why it didn't count every other platform, because I wouldn't know.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Has anyone noticed that Mr. Sakurai's posts on Miiverse show he's "played" the new games? Could this possibly mean the game is nearing the final stage of development? Or does it mean nothing at all? We'll know soon, hopefully!:)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Has anyone noticed that Mr. Sakurai's posts on Miiverse show he's "played" the new games? Could this possibly mean the game is nearing the final stage of development? Or does it mean nothing at all? We'll know soon, hopefully!:)
Considering the game has been in development for two years nearly as it is and the focus was on gameplay, I'm not surprised that they have the ability to play it. I'd be kind of horrified if they didn't.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Well, we already knew it was in a playable state, since Sakurai had that Mario vs. Mega Man battle at E3 and his mentioning of having matches during his lunch break. And since work on Smash 4 began shortly after Kid Icarus Uprising was nearing release, that puts it at around March 2012. And with a planned release date in 2014, it would mean the game has to be in, if not very close, to the final stages of development.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I hope they release a demo in the eshop to ease our pain. Of course, it would probably have very few characters and stages with limited uses, but I'd still be satisfied.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
So very recently an official general manager for Nintendo of Germany said that Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 4 release in Spring of 2014. Thoughts?

Top Bottom