• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real quick question about Sheik/Zelda.

dead_cell

Smash Cadet
Considering maining sheik in the near future and I was also considering Zelda too. My friend says that people can't transform efficiently thanks to the nerf in brawl but i disagree, how many of you guys utilize the power of both sheik and Zelda, and how many just use Sheik or Zelda (although being on a sheik board i can imagine very few will be Zelda only...) and why?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question please don't give me a stupid answer, but if it is, first person to reply, just tell me ok...

anyhow, i would appreciate any help in solving my dilemma.

EDIT: oh, a second question:
How many of you changed your controls to Z = attack to excecute the DACUS and how many just left the control on default?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
1. I main Sheik and Zelda equally.

Your friend is dumb. Using the transformation jump with Sheik you can effectively evade (I believe) ANY attack because of how fast you elevate.

Zelda similarly can transformation glide from off the stage and transform in time for Sheik to grab the ledge. Generally people change to Sheik after killing with Zelda so the time of the respawn is also more than enough.

They have seperate strengths and weaknesses. You should be able to play a match entirely as Sheik OR Zelda without needing to switch. If you're unexperienced with Zelda when you change for an easy KO, you will most likely get severely punished.

2. No I use default settings. I can DACUS about 60% of the time, or 3 out of 5 tries. It's the timing INBETWEEN the 4 inputs that makes all the difference.

The claw position will help a lot.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
1. Im around 70:30 Shiek's favour, but I do still spend a good amount of time on Zelda. I just think Shiek deserves alot more of my time because you use Shiek more when in a Shiek/Zelda combination as Zelda is usually just for the kill (excluding some matchups i.e. IC

2. Nope, I'm a clawer and Im about 80% consistent.

Sinking covered everything else.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I swear......threads covering these two topics are made every day. We need a Q&A thread or something.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I swear......threads covering these two topics are made every day. We need a Q&A thread or something.

Well, the Sheik/Zelda guide covers gameplay, so I would imagine there is already a place for it there. I guess it's not that clear though.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I change to zelda when i am desperate, or facing a good opponent.

or those moments when your opponent is in a magnifying glass at 250%

i use r as attack to dacus

nogalicious

Smash Cadet
1. I use Sheik most of the time, and switch to Zelda when I am desperate to kill , but usually get punished ;( Sometimes I just like to test my luck and see if I can land a dsmash or side air with Zelda, but in the end I probably would've been better off with Sheik all the way.

2. I switched my Z button to attack so I can DACUS more efficiently.

Top Bottom