• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reading monthlies!! Melee - cancelled

X1-12

Smash Champion
Date & Time:

10th September

• Venue Opens: 11 AM
  • Singles Starts: 1PM (You must arrive before 1 to enter singles)
  • Tournament ends: 8PM
  • Venue closes for those not staying overnight: Midnight
  • Venue closes for those staying overnight: 11 AM Sunday

Binfield
RG42 1PT

Travel & Directions
Get the Train to either Reading, Wokingham or Bracknell train stations

From Reading Station: Get the 190 bus from outside Reading Station and its just less than 40 minutes. Ask for a ticket for Western Road/Farley Moor Lane. When you're in Bracknell you will go past the big John Nike leisure centre and then you will go through an industrial estate with a big 3M building on the left. When you see this building , get off at the next stop

From Wokingham Station: Walk up the hill past the Molly Millars pub to the town centre and turn right. Continue walking until you see three bus stops and get on the 190 (Towards Bracknell) bus here. Ask for a ticket for Western Road/Farley Moor Lane. It will take about 15 minutes. When you're in Bracknell you will go past the big John Nike leisure centre and then you will go through an industrial estate with a big 3M building on the left. When you see this building, get off at the next stop

From Bracknell Station: When you walk out the station you will see across the road a large bus station. From here get the 190 Bus - ask for a ticket for Western Road/Farley Moor Lane. It'll take about 3-4 minutes. On the left you will see a big shop called Wickes. Get off at the next stop.

From the Bus Stop

Contact Info
X1-12 (Tristan) 07985922028

Tournament Fees:

• Venue Fee: FREE
  • Additional Fee for Housing: FREE
  • Melee Singles: £2
  • Melee Doubles: £1 Each

Venue Rules

• This venue is my mum's house so you WILL have to respect the venue, if I see anyone breaking these rules I will ban you from all future events and smashfests.
  • No Alcohol
  • No Illegal substances (i.e weed)
  • Smoking must be done outside
  • Dont Litter
  • There will be a cap of 15 people max, so post interest if you plan on coming
  • BRING SET-UPS and TVs! I should have 3-4 TVs already but if you can bring one it will help out loads. I only have 1 set-up as well so its really important you bring one with you
  • Try not to be too loud, its a residential area and terraced housing so keep it down please, especially in the evening.

Melee Rules
The usual ones. 5 neutrals (FD, BF, FoD, DL64, Yoshis) with stage striking and Pokemon Stadium as counterpick. No excessive stalling, wobbling legal up to 300%

X1-12

Smash Champion
It shouldn't really be a problem, Joes is up north and mine is down south. Even if I only get the 5/6 Reading Smashers then it still wont really matter since its at a house and I wont lose out on venue fees or anything

Obviously getting some people from other areas would be awesome too, but if this ends up small its not the end of the world.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
It shouldn't really be a problem, Joes is up north and mine is down south. Even if I only get the 5/6 Reading Smashers then it still wont really matter since its at a house and I wont lose out on venue fees or anything

Obviously getting some people from other areas would be awesome too, but if this ends up small its not the end of the world.
I would've come but I'm going to Joe's

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'm no longer in the area in about a week's time and term will have started by then. I'll see what I can do.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
i hope i can make it, will let you know, thanks to jack for the link here aswell! :hanenbow:

gm jack

Smash Lord
Turns out I've got something I can't miss on this day already. However, I may finish that at a time which allows me to come for the evening/night, so I'll see what I can do.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Just FYI guys I've pushed the start time for this back an hour to 11AM, hope this doesn't cause any problems. In other news I've negotiated with my mum and the venue entry will be free for this first monthly

Could we also startt getting a confirmed list for this going? Definitive answers from Rajesh, Jam etc would be cool

Degree

Smash Apprentice
I move to Aylesbury on Saturday and start work on Monday. I'd love to come, but I just don't want to commit to anything until I see what my workload is actually like, so I won't be coming to this one I'm afraid. :(

gm jack

Smash Lord
If all goes to plan, I should be ok to arrive to play over the evening and night, but will miss the actual tournament (though clearly will have to challenge the winner :p).

Top Bottom