• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ THIS! New Social Room Outline

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Southwest, along with all the other regional zones, has been split up into two seperate forums, a tournament-oriented one and a social-oriented one.

The tournament room will be for tournaments and all things tournament related. So talking about organizing a ride to a tournament (in the tournament thread obviously) would be fine. Declaring whether or not you're going to a tournament is fine. Discussing rulesets is fine (and we might even want to get a big "southwest ruleset" topic going if the TO's are up for it. Threads for specific tournaments and for bi-weeklies and such are both okay.

The social room will be where all the "insert x city/state/region here" topics will go. They will be for all the general talk you guys (and the occasional gal) love. Moderating will be the same as it was in the old Southwest room (now the tourney room). Think of this as the Southwest's own personal pool room. Also, post count will be disabled in these social rooms.

And since these are probably going to be the most asked questions I'll address them here: "Hey we should have a smashfest!" would go in the social room, as would "hey come to my smashfest this Friday!". However, "come to my bi-weekly smashfests!" would go in the tournament room. If they're going to be an on-going series of smashfests (weekly, biweekly, etc) then they should go in the tournament room. If you don't have concrete info (date, time, location, rules, costs) about a tournament then don't post it in the tournament room. Also if you want to post a results topic for small local tournaments (or you could even convert the original tourney topic into a results thread after the tournament has been completed) in the southwest tournament room instead of in the tourney results forum where it'll get buried fast that would be okay.

Hopefully this will make tournaments and info about them easier to find than having to dig back through pages and pages of spam for important new information. Still this is more or less a test run at the moment so things could require some minute tweaking in the future. Please post here if you have any questions that I haven't already answered.

defsithe

Smash Ace
does this mean we wont have the tournament listings anymore? or just a new place to put more tournys?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
does this mean we wont have the tournament listings anymore? or just a new place to put more tournys?
The big tournament listings room is staying. The old Southwest forum area is now strictly for tournaments and tournament-related topics only. Nothing is going away, we're just splitting the regional rooms in two.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Discussing rulesets is fine (and we might even want to get a big "southwest ruleset" topic going if the TO's are up for it.
Considering recent events, I think that it's important for all of the Southwest TOs to get together to discuss this. Xyro, King Mosquito, Hylian, TOs in other neighboring states...you guys down for this?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I hope the TO's can/will make stuff up on there own. There are alot of times when rules come out and a few players cry about. So the TO goes "oh let me change that"

Top Bottom