• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ THIS! Everyone's forgetting one important thing about the Online mode...

Chojo

Smash Cadet
Everyone seems to be complaining about the random and unranked brawls when you play with ANYONE, but doesn't anyone remember that it's a totally different ball game when you're playing with "Friends"?

First of all, when brawling with Friends, there ARE game rooms, much like any other online games: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi03.html

Secondly, the most important thing is that Wins and Losses WILL be recorded against friends. If you doubt me, take a look at the Dojo: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

Quote Sakurai: "There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter."

Essentially, that's saying that the other mode WOULD have it. If both modes weren't going to record wins and losses, then why would he emphasize that only "Brawling with Anyone" wouldn't? :)

What does this leave us?

Basically, just exchange your Brawl Codes with as many people as you can over the internet. With Smash World Forums being a large community in itself, we could all add each other, therefore creative a relatively representative population of the Brawl community (with most of us being average, a few of us being terrible, and a few of us being insanely skilled).

If the Wins/Losses are actually recorded, all we'd need to do is have is a stickied thread recording the rankings of the SWF users. To do this, we'd just post our Wins and Losses (and provide photos of the TV screen if people are doubtful). The topic creator would tally these up and find some way to have a ranking of everyone participating (perhaps win ratio when you've had over 50 matches or something?)

All I'm saying is that we're pretty much saved. Our only limit would be how many friend Brawl will allow us to have. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, I don't believe it was officially stated, but my speculation is this: Wins/Losses for Wi-Fi are recorded in the Game Data section, the Archives where all your VS. matches information is as well as your playtime and ****. That's how I feel they'd record it and if they don't do it like that, I'll be sad.

Chojo

Smash Cadet
IMPORTANT!!

Quote Sakurai: "There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter."

Yes, Battle Records have basically been confirmed when playing with friends. :)

Chojo

Smash Cadet
That could get insanely complicated
Yep, it could, but it's the best we have. :ohwell:

If we put some thought into it though, it could go pretty smoothly for the most part.

To organize ourselves by rank, we'd just need to wait until everyone played, say, 30 or 40 or 50 matches, and once they do, they'd just take a picture of their battle records. Playing a bunch of matches first is so that the Win Ratio ranks aren't skewed... cause somebody could just play ONE match and win it, giving himself 100% win ratio.

The only bad part is that we have no control over who they play. They could be playing the same few people over and over again so that wouldn't be representative of their real win ratio.

The solution for this is to create tournaments for different kinds of play, like 1v1 or 2v2 or Free for all. Then, really, we don't even need battle records... we just need pictures of the winning screen to see who advances to the next round.

meltingfire

Smash Rookie
i wish nintendo didnt use stupid friend codes and just let us pick a username that would be used over ALL games that would be a god send and is the first thing nintendo should do

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
With Nintendo WiFi, there's generally a limit to how many friends codes you can add. You can't just add everybody. :| Personally, I don't understand everyone's huge fixation on this. I prefer this system to Mario Kart DS where everyone and their brother inisists on using genitalia for their icons. -_-

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
I prefer this system to Mario Kart DS where everyone and their brother inisists on using genitalia for their icons. -_-
Quoted for truth, though I wish we could have usernames like EA Nation does.

I'm sure some sort of SWF rankings-tournament thing will eventually happen for Brawl; it has too much online potential for it not to.

lengeta

Smash Ace
It was stated that records won't be kept for "With Anyone," so anything based upon "With Friends" is just speculation. It's not "basically confirmed," it's still completely unknown.

And there are not rooms. It has an address book that will show your friends' status.

Zek

Smash Ace
The problem is that there seems to be a 64-friend limit. And also entering friend codes are a pain no matter how you look at it.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
It's not entirely clear if by "in this mode" he is referring to With Anyone or Wi-Fi play in general..

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I don't even know if I'm good enough to fight with you guys, I will have to see if the random players are winning against me already before i step into going against more hardcore players, I generally think I'll be good against everyone, but that may go against everything I've ever seen in playing other games over wi-fi.

Someone tell me if I stand a chance in playing against the average community here, I usualy can win about 96% of the time against lvl 9 computers, usualy below 100% sometimes like under 30% if I'm lucky.

M.K

Level 55
Rank boards couldn't accurately depict any sort of skill level. I could win 100000234 battles against a 2-year old, and someone could win 25 times against a pro. We'd have no way of knowing , really.

Top Bottom