• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read!!! Pikachu's Newly Discovered QAC Infinite

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Ok before I start I want to say this was performed/discovered in training mode
This means that there is a slight possibility that this technique can be teched,shielded,etc
Also if I am not the first one to discover/post this then I apologize
Otherwise I, 3xSwords(Ike, Pika, Marth mainer), will take credit for this
so please give me credit :)

Now there are two basic properties of the QA that I will review with you
1. When QA hits the opponent the opponent is stunned for a very brief moment
2. The QAC (Quick Attack Cancel) is utilized. For this infinite you need to be able to jump immediately after you hit the ground. There are other uses but I won't get into that

Now the How:
1. The first thing you must do in order to even start this infinite is footstool them while
they are standing on the ground. If you dont do this then the infinite will not work
2. Immediately after footstooling them, you must QA
(If done properly you will be doing the QA while being only a little bit above the
opponent's head)
3. QA directly down in the opponent
4. Then after the QAC occurs you must jump and if done properly you will auto land immediately on their head setting up for another footstool (seriously do this in training mode 1/4 speed and pikachu literally transports onto the opponents head)
However this is the tricky part:
When the opponent gets hit by the QA they will either be on Pikachu's right side or left side due to the stun. Thus to get onto the opponents head you must DI the jump to the side where the opponent is. If you choose the wrong side or do not DI at all you will not land back on the opponent's head
5. Now assuming you landed back on the opponents head
you do another footstool, upB, etc basicallyrepeat steps 2-4

Useful Tips:
1. After you do step 4 properly the first time the rest is simple.
Basically when you get to step 4 the second time around the opponent will be on the opposite side that they were on the first.
In other words if you had to DI to the right the first time after the first QAC jump
then the next time you DI to the left
and the time after that DI to the right and so on...
for some reason the side the opponent ends on after being hit by the QA seems to alternate

Opinions
Now let me give you my take on this tech
assuming it can not be tech'd, DI'ed etc
it is truly infinite
and I think it gives pikachu another great option in his already impressive metagame
con's
Unfortunately this infinite has numerous con's
1. the startup requirement for this tech is very hard to accomplish
you will rarely ever get the chance to footstool your opponent while they are on the ground
2. The damage buildup with this tech is nothing impressive
QA does like 3% damage everytime
So in order to get opponents to a very high damage% you must do over and over for a very long time
Thus there is more room to screw up
but hey better to have one infinite then none IMO
3. Pulling of step 4/the auto footstool land (w/e you would call it) the first time
basically unless you have godly reaction time you have only a 50% of continuing the infinite
but of course after the first one everything else is very easy
pro's
1. It is an infinte and nobody can hate an infinite besides the victim lol
2.Instant kill if you pull it off because after reaching a high enough % you can do a d-air after QAC ftw
3. Makes pikachu an even better character

Finally things I feel you guys could test out because I can't at the present moment
1. First of all check if this tech can be shield, DI'ed, tech'd, w/e
basically "Can it be broken out of?"
2. Is there anyway to lead into a footstool if you hit them w/ the Quick Attack* w/o footstooling them the first time?
*(basically any move that would transition into a footstool but I just think Quick Attack has the most potential to lead into it)

Possible Names
1. Double Team b/c when you do it correctly pikachu appears on alternating sides of the opponent like a double team but lucario already has copyright on it
But hey arrow canceling is called quick draw while Ike's side-b is called Quick Draw
so hell lets call it Double Team
(you guys call it w/e you want but I feel this is best)
And btw ALWAYS remember to tell your opponents after you pull this off on them
"You just got Rodent-Roll'd!" (Rick Roll'd lol)

Anyway thanks for reading
and please test this tech out to improve it in someway and give me credit for it
hopefully you guys will discover a more practical way to lead into this tech instead of finding out that it is not truly infinite
Sorry for long post
NOW discuss/post comments

think13

Smash Cadet
Your description makes it sound insanely hard to pull off. How hard would you say it is to do? Also, is there a killing move at the end of the combo? (QAC nair)? Lastly, a video would be nice, even if it is just a camcorder recording a television.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Hard but not impossible. I'm gonna try it out. It seems like it might be even easier to set up in teams possibly with a your teammate grabbing them or something.

Edit: Ok, actually, this is rather amazing. Still not sure how practical it is yet, but it seems like it is moreso now then after simply reading that post.

First, a few things. You do not have to start out with a footstool jump. If you QA into someone on the ground, just jump and DI in the direction theyre moving and viola, you've entered the infinite.

Secondly, the direction you'll DI is variable, but it's not exactly a guessing game. You can tell on which side of them you'll land on depending on your location right before/as your doing the QA, so just DI towards them. Also, it's only going to be back and forth if you continue to DI after the footstoll jump. If you stop DIing after the footstool and QA immediately afterwards, you'll land on the same side again and again. Finally, if you do happen to begin with a footstool jump, you'll DI in the opposite direction your opponent is facing.

Now this applies only to b-stick users. If you hold straight down when you're doing the QA, all you have to do is rotate the analog stick slightly to the left or right to DI into the footstool jump, and but it can be pointing in the downard direction pretty much the whole time. Just make sure you're pointing it straight down when you do your next QA.

Gonna test how practical this is now.

Edit2: Ok, tested it out and it doesnt work. Your opponent can shield before you can even get the first jump out on your QAC. If anyone finds otherwise let us all know. Still fun to do though.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Wait are you saying that they can shield when pikachu does the auto footstool (w/e) land on their head?
**** I thought it could not be shielded or anything but guess you just can not underestimate the low hitstun frames
*sigh*
your sure about how the opponent can shield the first jump right Tagxy?
Because I would really love for pikachu to have some sort of infinite

Tagxy

Smash Lord
It's a new jump so there's no loss.

But yeah, even before you can jump out of the QAC your opponent can shield. I was trying it on a level 3 computer, and they'd just shield right away. Granted, it could be that it's using it's super computer reflexes and that this might work on most real people.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
I think there's barely any stun on the Quick attack, which is why they shield so quickly... My friend has hit me out of quick attack quite a lot recently, which has led me to believe that the stun on QA is very, very short.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yes the hit stun is very small but I thought the autolanding on the opponents head was instant enough
to overcome that
Btw can anybody explain why pikachu seemingly transports onto the opponents head after doing the QAC jump?

D20

Smash Lord
It's a new jump so there's no loss.

But yeah, even before you can jump out of the QAC your opponent can shield. I was trying it on a level 3 computer, and they'd just shield right away. Granted, it could be that it's using it's super computer reflexes and that this might work on most real people.
If a computer can counter it, so can Mew2King.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I meant mainly on persons who werent above average competitors. Granted its probably a lot of work for knowing that it wont work at higher levels of play.

Also, about being hit after a QA, when you QA through someone theyll end up facing the other direction from where youll land. So that can be helpful.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I found this out on my own just not long ago. Unfortunately, it can be evaded simply by holding the shield button on most occasions, so it's not really a matter of it not working at high level play. It's very easy to avoid. :(

If you really want a Pikachu footstool combo, try utilt > footstool > quick attack down > down A upon landing.

at 0%.

Silly, but it works, I guess. :/

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
If you double tap jmp while right next to your opponant, even if they are shielding, the footstal is unblockable.

festizzio

Smash Champion
This isn't an infinite. There really is such little hitlag on anything in Brawl; the quick attack is no exception. They can literally shield while you're in your double jump, before you footstool them. And since Brawl queues moves, they can hold shield and shield the footstool then roll away or something. They don't need superhuman reflexes, they just need to hold R. Sad though, would be nice if this worked.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
This isn't an infinite. There really is such little hitlag on anything in Brawl; the quick attack is no exception. They can literally shield while you're in your double jump, before you footstool them. And since Brawl queues moves, they can hold shield and shield the footstool then roll away or something. They don't need superhuman reflexes, they just need to hold R. Sad though, would be nice if this worked.
wrong, footstoll is unbloackable, but you can probably dodge it if you can shield.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
wrong, footstoll is unbloackable, but you can probably dodge it if you can shield.
Footstools are blockable sadly. If you do it to someone's shield, you just bounce off their head and go very high. It also does the same thing if you try to footstool someone during an attack. There's no flinch, which sucks IMO.

Interestingly, if you do them to an airborn opponent close to the ground, they cannot be TECHED.

Top Bottom