• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ: Changes to Stickies, give input

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I'm going to clean some things up, and I'm starting with our 7 stickies. I'm going to make an updated, awesome samus forum guide, replacing the old threads thread. Here is my plan, feedback is welcome:

Un-stickying the following topics:
  • Official Samus Stage Selection Guide!!!!! Check it out!!! - a good guide, but there are a few other good guides on other topics, so rather than sticky all of them, I'm going to consolidate them all in my new Samus Forum Guide.

• Samus Basics - it's kind of a random thread, hardly sticky material. It'll be included near the top of the new samus forum guide though, so no worries.

• Samus threads thread - Read the first post you noobs! - this thread has run it's life. It used to be a samus finder, and I'm sure it's helped a lot of people with thread links, but it's neither updated nor user friendly. The new Samus Forum Guide will have all but 2 of the links given in this thread, plus many more.
I'm going to leave these 4 threads stickied (but to clean up their titles so they all are in the same style and are clear):
  • OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here! - A lot of people who come to the Samus forums are so excited about SWD that they will make a thread about it if they don't see this thread right away. I don't trust their ability to use a stickied thread guide, much less use the search function. I plan to change the title to "Official Super-Wavedash Thread"

• Extender Grappple Button Combo (now with frame data) - Similarly to the SWD thread, the kinds of people who run into a forum only looking for Extenderrr are frequently in need of a sticky to calm them down. I plan to change the title to "Official Grapple Extender Thread"

• Samus Locator - Like the other stickies, I think some people only wander in our forums once looking for a thread like this, so to cut down on them being confused or spamming, it shouldn't be moved to the Samus Forum Guide thread. I plan to change the title to "Official Samus Finder & Locator"

• Aftermath's Guide to Samus - This is probably the most sticky-deserving thread. I plan to change the title to "Official Samus Gameplay Guide"

For the Official Samus Forum & Threads Guide, I went through every page of the Samus boards and grabbed any non-locked thread with at least 1000 views. I threw in anything from Jasona's Threads thread except a few redundant ones, and am coalating all that into a new one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108461

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I suppose its fine.....

I strongly think Wii4mii's Samus missles guide and my Samus stage selection should stay stickied!
You only have 5 threads stickied and adding 2 more is no biggie!
Both threads help people in many ways and imo deserve sticky!

Redragon

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Redragon.

Either that, or make one big Everything you'll ever need to know about samus thread.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I suppose its fine.....

I strongly think Wii4mii's Samus missles guide and my Samus stage selection should stay stickied!

Redragon
My missile guide wasn't stickied...

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
My missile guide wasn't stickied...
Well, we all know it should have been :)
But really, tons of noobs wont even read the samus thread thing so we need more good threads stickied!
hope you agree Phanna!

Redragon

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Well, we all know it should have been :)

Redragon
:) :cool: :colorful: :estatic: :roll: :joyful: :bigthumbu

Maybe, if phanna puts "find everything here" or something in the title, noobs won't be...noobs.

This will limit it down so that only quick questions will become threads. Or a new technique or whatever.

:bigthumbu to REDRAGON for teh niceness. :):):):):)

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I agree with Redragon.

Either that, or make one big Everything you'll ever need to know about samus thread.
You mean like this?

I suppose its fine.....

Redragon
I left the SWD and Extender threads stickied because 99% of spam in the Samus forum is avoided by having them at the top at all times.

People who are intelligent enough to not need anti-spam stickies are smart enough to use the thread guide. The only exceptions are the locator and overall Samus guide, since every character specific forum should have both of those stickied.

And I'm not saying your thread isn't very helpful, I just think it's AS helpful as the missile guide, as the bomb guide, and the samus basics thread, and however many other threads I put in the Samus Forum Guide that prevents us from having a billion stickies. I understand that any one person wants THEIR thread stickied, but it's going to have to work out for the good of the forum.

================================

On a side note, I thought better of re-naming any of the other stickied threads. That will just throw off and confuse the people they are stickied there to help, I think.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
You mean like this?

I left the SWD and Extender threads stickied because 99% of spam in the Samus forum is avoided by having them at the top at all times.

People who are intelligent enough to not need anti-spam stickies are smart enough to use the thread guide. The only exceptions are the locator and overall Samus guide, since every character specific forum should have both of those stickied.

And I'm not saying your thread isn't very helpful, I just think it's AS helpful as the missile guide, as the bomb guide, and the samus basics thread, and however many other threads I put in the Samus Forum Guide that prevents us from having a billion stickies. I understand that any one person wants THEIR thread stickied, but it's going to have to work out for the good of the forum.

================================

On a side note, I thought better of re-naming any of the other stickied threads. That will just throw off and confuse the people they are stickied there to help, I think.
He's got a point with the SWD and Extender one. Noobs always ask "what's the SWD","How do you do the SWD?" and "How to you do the Extender?". I'm sure there are many closed threads that ask questions similar to those.

Hey, phanna used my "find everything here" idea. :bigthumbu

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
He's got a point with the SWD and Extender one. Noobs always ask "what's the SWD","How do you do the SWD?" and "How to you do the Extender?". I'm sure there are many closed threads that ask questions similar to those.

Hey, phanna used my "find everything here" idea. :bigthumbu
Hehe, yeah.

Anyways there's at least a dozen really good sticky-deserving topics for this forum, but it's just not worth the clutter when we can do what any well-organized forum does: Make a comprehensive sticky. So let me know how we should update or change the sticky, if we should. Right now, it mostly only has 1000+ view threads that I thought should go in there, so I'm sure I missed a lot. For instance, I realized today that my own 2 guides weren't in the original edit:

Samus' best defensive position: On the edge
How to approach with Samus

So if you have any suggestions or feedback for the thread, post it here, or once this thread runs its course and gets locked, in the main thread. Make sure to check it out if you haven't yet: Official Samus Forum & Threads Guide (FIND EVERYTHING HERE!!)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
hey its all cool
You guys just dont know how depressing it is to have a thread you worked so hard on to be stickied and i was so happy!
Then i see it was unstickied and now the viewing count is going way down cause no noobs read thread like "all info here"
Its a good idea but its not going to work trust me..

Redragon

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Bombos(Bomb combos) - already considered it, and rejected it since it was SO old and <3 made a much better, more comprehensive new one.
Samus as a teammate - shows potential
Samus Vs Purin - already have it, it's under the title "Samus vs Jigglypuff"
Mission Briefing Final - I'm not going to link specific combo videos; I link to the combo video compendium instead
UPDATED FINAL VERSION Co_me Get Technical - same reason as above (and all the other combo vids I didn't include specifically).
Good Samus team... - yeah, I think Samus' team gameplay will expand into a new topic.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Bombos(Bomb combos) - already considered it, and rejected it since it was SO old and <3 made a much better, more comprehensive new one.
Samus as a teammate - shows potential
Samus Vs Purin - already have it, it's under the title "Samus vs Jigglypuff"
Mission Briefing Final - I'm not going to link specific combo videos; I link to the combo video compendium instead
UPDATED FINAL VERSION Co_me Get Technical - same reason as above (and all the other combo vids I didn't include specifically).
Good Samus team... - yeah, I think Samus' team gameplay will expand into a new topic.
OK, sorry for teh noobyness. Eh, I tried.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
OK, sorry for teh noobyness. Eh, I tried.
And a good try, in fact you gave me the idea of adding Samus Doubles Discussion to the sticky, and 2 of the 4 threads I put in were what you just suggested :)

Phanna..I would keep Aftermath's name in the title of his guide, just to emphasize his credit to it.
You mean like how his name appears right below the thread? But don't worry, I already agree, for a different reason:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
And a good try, in fact you gave me the idea of adding Samus Doubles Discussion to the sticky, and 2 of the 4 threads I put in were what you just suggested :)
:) :cool: :colorful: :estatic: :roll: :joyful: :bigthumbu

At this time, when I'm done typing this sentence(and the next), I will go on another search for threads.

'Cause I'm phanna's helper. :)

Edit:
Best partner with samus???

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
What reason?
What?

If you mean why I'm phanna's helper, well... I'm not OFFICIALLY, but... I just want to improve his Official everything thread. You don't expect phanna to go around the whole Samus forum, from the first thread made to recent threads, finding good ones to put in the Official one. He's got a life, and must live it.

Me, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing going on and have a lot of spare time, so every once in a while I will go on a search to help phanna.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
What?

If you mean why I'm phanna's helper, well... I'm not OFFICIALLY, but... I just want to improve his Official everything thread. You don't expect phanna to go around the whole Samus forum, from the first thread made to recent threads, finding good ones to put in the Official one. He's got a life, and must live it.

Me, on the other hand, have absolutely nothing going on and have a lot of spare time, so every once in a while I will go on a search to help phanna.
No I was talking to Phanna.;)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
WOW i have noticed a huge drop in my view count of my Samus stage seletion....
sad......................very sad..........

Anyways since this samus section is kinda dieing due to the change i will not be here as often....
I am still a Samus player and still love Smash its just i want check out better places!

maybe i will post her later!
For now see ya'all!

Redragon

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
A thought crossed my mind at work today:

I took down the stickies that were GOOD, but part of a larger group, and weren't NECESSARY. We can't have 10+ stickies in the forum, but any one of them is definitely sticky material, so what I was thinking about is having a rotating "sticky of the week" which is picked from the high-quality threads in the Samus Forum Guide.

Let me know if anyone thinks this should be implemented.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
A thought crossed my mind at work today:

I took down the stickies that were GOOD, but part of a larger group, and weren't NECESSARY. We can't have 10+ stickies in the forum, but any one of them is definitely sticky material, so what I was thinking about is having a rotating "sticky of the week" which is picked from the high-quality threads in the Samus Forum Guide.

Let me know if anyone thinks this should be implemented.
So, just one thread will be stickied each week? And then the next week, the stickied thread will become unstickied and a new thread will become stickied? Sounds reasonable.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
So, just one thread will be stickied each week? And then the next week, the stickied thread will become unstickied and a new thread will become stickied? Sounds reasonable.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Just one "extra" thread will be stickied every week, yes. By that, I mean one beyond the ones now (samus guide / SWD thread / extenderrr thread / locator / forum guide). So we'd have 6 at any time, 1 of which would be the weekly floater, out of threads like the missiles guide, the bomb guide, the stage guide, etc.

Edit: The purpose being to give those good threads exposure to people who are too lazy to look in the right places for them.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Just one "extra" thread will be stickied every week, yes. By that, I mean one beyond the ones now (samus guide / SWD thread / extenderrr thread / locator / forum guide). So we'd have 6 at any time, 1 of which would be the weekly floater, out of threads like the missiles guide, the bomb guide, the stage guide, etc.

Edit: The purpose being to give those good threads exposure to people who are too lazy to look in the right places for them.
Oh... That's even better. I like that idea.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Thats a good idea...

The Samus boards have died lately...
Though i dont think its your fault Phanna, but the sticky thing did hurt the boards!

Redragon

Top Bottom