• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

READ BEFORE POSTING - *A GUIDE TO DISCUSSING MELEE* (Updated 21/3/07)

forward

Smash Champion
I have a question about a rule, would a mod please provide me with an answer?

- In the Melee Discussion, members take pride in being able to help out other members on any questions and concerns they may have in regards to the game. Questions such as, "I'm having trouble unlocking Final Destination", or, "What is the best way to beat event match __?", are perfectly acceptable, as they maintain the appropriate content to pop up in Melee Discussion, however questions such as, "MAH FREND HE PLAI DAT SHEIK HOW DEW I BEET HIM HE ALWAYZ USE NEEDELZ HOW?!23", are not.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Very informative, well deserved thread. Its almost hard to say something about melee that hasn't been said before somewhere else. A good general rule would be "come up with something original" aka no-spam! (this post excluded)

Leech

Smash Journeyman
Thanks i should have looked at this before i started figuring things out..

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I find it funny that some of these rules are blatantly and repeatedly violated in the Brawl section, and without retribution either.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Melee vs/comparing to Brawl and other new rules. NEW RULE 9/10

Please read over and understand these rules before posting. More updates will be made when the mods think of them.

Brawl vs. Melee
Making a thread or post comparing or discussing the differences between Melee and Brawl will result in you receiving a 2 point "SPAM" infraction. This also includes deliberate usage of either Melee or Brawl in a way of trolling.

NEW RULE: Due to repeated stupidity in the type of threads mentioned above, any replies to those types of threads will result in Replying to Spam warnings.

10char
Dodging SWF's 10 Character limit will result in a one point 'one line post' infraction. Repeated abuse will result in further spam infractions.

IN BEFORE LOCK!
If you see spam, do not reply to it. Report the post by using the report button (
) It is not needed to post in the thread letting people know thread has been reported. All other replies will be given two point "Replying to SPAM" infractions. Seriously, don't be afraid of it-- its handy. But please, don't abuse it. Just because you think a certain thread is stupid, doesn't mean it needs to be closed.

Signature Violations
If your signature is bigger than your post, that's a one point "Signature Violation" infraction. If you're posting a short reply, please disable your signature using the checkbox in the quick reply.

Top Bottom