• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaction to Wii Fit Trainer making her Debut

What was your reaction to WFT's debut?

• Total voters

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Stage 1: What? Really? What's this? Why is Wii Fit Trainer in my SSB4?
Stage 2: Heh, I bet she throws yoga balls *strange slurping sound*
Stage 3: Well, I guess she's the WTF character like Game and Watch and R.O.B...
Stage 4: Someone get me a copy of Wii Fit. I've got to research this sh*t. ADVENTURE TIME!!!
Stage 5: Gonna be my new main. Yep, definitely gonna be my new main.
Stage 6:

lint789

Smash Cadet
At first I was confused as to why Sakurai chose her. Upon researching I found out that Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus sold a quarter million units each, making them the 6th and 7th most bought Wii games. She represents a large fanbase for Nintendo and deserves a spot.

Besides, she grew on me and has a creative moveset... also dat rule 34.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
this thread is so special, I made a video just for it. why didn't they save the WTF character for the end?! XD
she's gonna be one interesting character.
Not to double post here but also that video was funny xD couldn't stop laughing at Link

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I had no idea what rule 34 was, so I looked it up. Luckily, I clicked on the link that had cracked.com, so it wasn't as bad as it could'v been.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had no idea what rule 34 was, so I looked it up. Luckily, I clicked on the link that had cracked.com, so it wasn't as bad as it could'v been.
You are a lucky man...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never before have I ever had such a WTH??? moment in my life before.

Stage 4: Someone get me a copy of Wii Fit. I've got to research this sh*t. ADVENTURE TIME!!!
Stage 6:
Heh, that one girl in the blue tank top there slapped Johnny Bravo upside down when he tried to flirt with her, just imagine what WFT would do if he flirted with her...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
NHeh, that one girl in the blue tank top there slapped Johnny Bravo upside down when he tried to flirt with her, just imagine what WFT would do if he flirted with her...
Well she...

Hm....

Johnny is pretty fit. Gotta admit...

SHOULD WE SHIP THEM!?!!?!?!!!?!!!11!?!1
!?1

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
this thread is so special, I made a video just for it. why didn't they save the WTF character for the end?! XD
she's gonna be one interesting character.

Wii Fit Trainer can make even the silent protagonist complain it seems :laugh:

Cool vid. Would give 560 likes to if I could.

Also, I have no reaction except for pokerface.jpg cause Wii Fit Trainer got spoiled for me here at Smashboards. I saw a Wii Fit Trainer specific board, heard about a certain 'WFT' and thought, the hell is all this commotion? So I checked the site, saw the trailer and was first like

WUT DA HELL IZ DIS?

But now I'm more like

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Honestly, I hated her the most, but now I just want to play with her.
:awesome:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Here's my reaction to WFT making her debut.

Beginning cutscene, before the fighting:

When I realize what this means:

Her gameplay and hearing dem workout tips:

Seeing her Final Smash, then "Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!":

...And because why not, if Krystal gets revealed.:troll:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
When I saw her, I was like, "yay, finally a weird character!". I discovered her before Villager, I was shown the 3 trailers in order from
Megaman
Wii Fit
Villager.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
My only reaction was "WTF?????? Nintendo xD" I love her :D can't wait to play as her.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Stage 6:
To be completely honest that is exactly what I went through.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Seeing WFT's icon on smashbros.com.

Watching her intro video.

"Let's tone up those legs!"

Trailer ends.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
What some people also don't understand is that her absence wouldn't have meant anything for characters like Waluigi, etc. That attitude of "should have added X instead of Y" (read X as "my favorite character") is really cancerous, we can't blame every newcomer for each character that we didn't get.
The roster of this game is diverse enough and has several unique and well-liked characters, therefore it can afford to have a couple of "odd sheep" like WFT, G&W and ROB. Besides, gameplay matters alot as well and those characters have shown to perform pretty well since their inclusion (WFT is yet to be seen of course).

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord

I saw her and I was happy as can be. Mii was my one "hate" for this game, and as WFT would represent the same series -- aptly named "The Wii series" -- I was legitimately ecstatic.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
To admit, it was strange to see her. For a random character I was thinking maybe something like Diskun or even a Teleroboxer. Seeing a WFT (hey, if you switch the letters you get WTF :crazy:), I was thinking that was a fan trailer. And then Sakurai confirmed her. I'm perfectly OK with her, but weirded out.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I saw her and I was happy as can be. Mii was my one "hate" for this game, and as WFT would represent the same series -- aptly named "The Wii series" -- I was legitimately ecstatic.
You know Miis are still really likely right?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not really. I know that Nintendo loves throwing them in all kinds of games, but I can't see a series as new as the Wii series getting 2 reps right away. In SSB5 though, they'll pretty much be a given.
Wii Fit Trainer represents the Wii Fit series, hence the Wii Fit icon, stage, music, etc.

There is a lot more than just Wii Fit, and Miis are much bigger than just the Wii series.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer represents the Wii Fit series, hence the Wii Fit icon, stage, music, etc.

There is a lot more than just Wii Fit, and Miis are much bigger than just the Wii series.
There isn't a "Wii Fit" series though. There's a "Wii" series involving Wii Fit, Wii Party, Wii Sports (resort), Wii Play etc. etc.. All of the games which are Wii exclusive and start with Wii are part of that franchise. The fact that she comes from Wii Fit is why most of the "other" things in the game such as the stage and music belong to Wii Fit, but that doesn't mean she doesn't represent the entire Wii franchise.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There isn't a "Wii Fit" series though. There's a "Wii" series involving Wii Fit, Wii Party, Wii Sports (resort), Wii Play etc. etc.. All of the games which are Wii exclusive and start with Wii are part of that franchise. The fact that she comes from Wii Fit is why most of the "other" things in the game such as the stage and music belong to Wii Fit, but that doesn't mean she doesn't represent the entire Wii franchise.
Then explain why those series moved on to other consoles? They aren't Wii exclusive but are their own respective series.

Regardless, the Wii thing is irrelevant as Miis have plenty of games outside of the "Wii" franchise.

jigglover

Smash Lord
It's a widely acknowledged series. I forgot that it also continued onto Wii U when I said "exclusive to Wii", but I really meant it's not on handheld. While Miis may have more titles, the only games which they "own" (are the main characters of) are part of the Wii series. Find Mii isn't even a game in its own right, it is merely a part of Streetpass plaza. However, we didn't receive a representative for the last stage like Find Mii, that being pictochat, so in this game I don't think that Find Mii really helps Mii's chances for playability. WFT took Mii's spot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_(video_game_series)

Last edited:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I love the fact that WFT is in. I for one enjoyed playing Wii Fit; it even got me into yoga. So seeing WFT in is like seeing my master in the game lol.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
My reaction was "wait, what?" xD". I was sold on the character when I saw her using her hilarious final smash in her reveal trailer.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197

Still haven't recovered from the mixture of shock and confusion.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought it was a really lame addition. Well, I still thank that. I think she's one of the more boring characters. But, I also think she won't be used often and the less something is used, the more I like it.

Reaca

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reaca1461
When I first saw the trailer, I was recovering from Mega Man hype. After I realized that she was a playable character, I laughed hysterically.

Top Bottom