• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reaching the Pantheon: An Analysis of Ascending to the Next Level

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Necropost, but this thread is so good that it deserves it. Besides, it's only a month.

I'm surprised how accurately this portrays progression in Smash. I remember when I quit Brawl this summer and picked Melee up, I was a clean slate, willing to learn anything technically.

Right now I'm in part 3a/b. I'm thinking more and more about why I'm losing, figuring it out. Mixing things up. I know that I'm able to use platforms pretty effectively. I know that I sometimes get predictable and flustered (3b). But I'm not discouraged. King's right. The only thing stopping me is ME. We're all playing the same game. The only barrier is myself.

Hopefully as I keep attending tournies and playing with my friends and reading threads here and watching vids, I just keep getting better and better. That's what makes Melee so amazing. The more you play, the better you get. The better you get, the better you think you can get. And then you just play more and the cycle continues.

DrkR

Smash Rookie
Excellent Post...thanks King...i think someone is going to start training again.. haha...

Binx

Smash Master
This guide helped keep me motivated when I hadn't been playing all that long. Was really fun to read again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This was a great reinforcement for me when I first read it. Good to see it's still up and inspiring players.

OMG Tyser was banned? :(

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
This is a great thread<3 May someone help me? I went to my second tournament, and i did everything wrong according to confidence (I then read this and saw that i was stupid) and my confidence and lack of knowledge of the matchup killed me , but i know i could've beat them. But the main thing was that i was aggressive once i got a grab/hit. Would i improve on that over time, or just learn to do it?

Top Bottom