• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's so weird to think that not only does Rayman have a real shot at making it in this time around, but on RTC, he is seen as one of the frontrunners among third parties by many members of the community.
We've come a long way from the days of being a pipedream. Here's to hoping for an epic reveal at E3!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've been contemplating the idea of a discord group for Rayman (and Banjo), but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Who would be up to joining a server to hang out and talk Rayman/Banjo/Smash/other stuff?

Edit: Poll

Last edited:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
I've been contemplating the idea of a discord group for Rayman (and Banjo), but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

Who would be up to joining a server to hang out and talk Rayman/Banjo/Smash/other stuff?
Personally, I am not sure if I could be an active member of the group since I am busy, but I like the idea. Would need to set up a Discord for myself, though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Edit: Poll
Similar to what Garo said, I'm not sure if I would post in it too much,but a community Discord is a great idea.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey people; I'm doing a little shameless advertising here; I made something for speculation sake with no favoritism in mind... BUT, Crash, Bomberman and Rayman are some of my favorites potential guests for Smash Switch; thus I'd like to share this with you guys;...

https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...-of-nintendo-recent-releases-and-more.453761/
there's valuable information for you guys bring up to discussions; Hope that will help!

I'll try to be more active in the site now on ^^'.. I have some plans to help some specific characters campaings, and you can bet that these guys will be envolved!

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Hey people; I'm doing a little shameless advertising here; I made something for speculation sake with no favoritism in mind... BUT, Crash, Bomberman and Rayman are some of my favorites potential guests for Smash Switch; thus I'd like to share this with you guys;...

https://smashboards.com/threads/spe...-of-nintendo-recent-releases-and-more.453761/
there's valuable information for you guys bring up to discussions; Hope that will help!

I'll try to be more active in the site now on ^^'.. I have some plans to help some specific characters campaings, and you can bet that these guys will be envolved!
I don't know if this makes much of a difference for your list but from what I understand I think Rayman Legends on Wii U and Switch was published by Nintendo themselves in Japan, but that's only in Japan so like I said I don't know if that changes much.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't know if this makes much of a difference for your list but from what I understand I think Rayman Legends on Wii U and Switch was published by Nintendo themselves in Japan, but that's only in Japan so like I said I don't know if that changes much.
I know that the Wii U version of Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo in Japan, but Ubisoft themselves published the Switch version; Plus the list of Nintendo published and developed games consist in titles released after Smash4 3DS. and on the matter of adding this info for Rayman himself on the 3rd Party candidates list, would need to have all the others as well.. for example, Nintendo is the responsible for the publishing rights of the Layton and Yo-Kai Watch series in some regions.

but thanks for the suggestion!

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I know that the Wii U version of Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo in Japan, but Ubisoft themselves published the Switch version; Plus the list of Nintendo published and developed games consist in titles released after Smash4 3DS. and on the matter of adding this info for Rayman himself on the 3rd Party candidates list, would need to have all the others as well.. for example, Nintendo is the responsible for the publishing rights of the Layton and Yo-Kai Watch series in some regions.

but thanks for the suggestion!
Oh ok gotcha!

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I was reading curious things about Rayman, and I found something (I don't know if this has been said before here) but a Rayman costume was planned for Mario Maker 3DS, and you can see in the data files of the game an archive named "Rayman", I didn't know that and it surprises me... nice to know!

What do you think? Maybe a Rayman amiibo was/is in the works or something.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was reading curious things about Rayman, and I found something (I don't know if this has been said before here) but a Rayman costume was planned for Mario Maker 3DS, and you can see in the data files of the game an archive named "Rayman", I didn't know that and it surprises me... nice to know!

What do you think? Maybe a Rayman amiibo was/is in the works or something.
That's news to me.

Was the data specifically for a costume?

I know Michel Ancel made a level in the Wii U version of Mario Maker, could be left over code from that.

If it's not...
upload_2018-3-24_20-7-11.png

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Sorry for not putting the source:

https://tcrf.net/Super_Mario_Maker_for_Nintendo_3DS

I actually read it from other person on the internet, but there you have it too.

And yes, it seems specifically for costume.

EDIT: It surprises me how I didn't know about this until now, and wow... I wonder so many things about Rayman being in the costume data of SMM3DS... It's pretty interesting if you ask me.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

I actually read it from other person on the internet, but there you have it too.

EDIT: It surprises me how I didn't know about this until now, and wow... I wonder so many things about Rayman being in the costume data of SMM3DS... It's pretty interesting if you ask me.
Hot damn you're right! And it was under Amiibo files too! Maybe he was planned for smash with an amiibo at some point?

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hot damn you're right! And it was under Amiibo files too! Maybe he was planned for smash with an amiibo at some point?
I personally doubt that. SMM for 3DS came out 10 months after DLC wrapped up and we don't know when the roster was decided. I doubt this type of information would be put out in the open.
Then again, Roy and Ryu were found in the data for Smash 4, so who knows.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

What makes it interesting to me is the names Rayman is with. Roy and Ryu specifically who were added to Smash at the same. Probably nothing, but still.

Plus as we all know Golden Retri was planned to be added to Smash at one point :troll: Rayman was planned for Smash and a costume for Mario Maker was for cross promotion confirmed.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
What makes it interesting to me is the names Rayman is with. Roy and Ryu specifically who were added to Smash at the same. Probably nothing, but still.
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I may have jumped the gun with my assumption I'll admit lmao. But still this is definitely interesting. I'm trying to think of what else a Rayman amiibo could have been considered for.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I may have jumped the gun with my assumption I'll admit lmao. But still this is definitely interesting. I'm trying to think of what else a Rayman amiibo could have been considered for.
It is interesting for sure. I don't think it's nothing. Maybe if it were just Ryu or just Roy, but both of them together is suspicious.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

>Being this close to possibly having a Rayman amiibo.

In all seriousness, this is quite the discovery. I know the 3DS version of Mario Maker wasn't that good, but this would have been rather neat.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
I find it weird how they wrote it down as two seperate words though. RayMan. I am thinking this might not actually be Rayman but a placeholder for another name. however I may be very wrong and it does refer to Rayman. Either way this is interesting.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
I find it weird how they wrote it down as two seperate words though. RayMan. I am thinking this might not actually be Rayman but a placeholder for another name. however I may be very wrong and it does refer to Rayman. Either way this is interesting.
Yes, it could be, but the other names aren't placeholders so I don't think RayMan would be.

As for the GoldenRetri, I think it may be a Nintendogs rep.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of Mario Maker, I was browsing through my computer and found this.

Mario Maker Rayman.png

Don't remember who made it (tried doing a reverse image search and the only uploads were from Wikia's), but it's a nice little glimpse of what could have been.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hello people! --Big supporter of the limbness hero since the Ballot days for Smash4 ^-^.. you probably already saw me sharing some other things in characters threads, but here I am to give Rayman his time to shine. The same I did for Bomberman, I compiled the whole story of the character on Nintendo systems; Hopefully this will be useful for you guys use in future discussions =)

*also, there's minor appearences as icons in Just Dance games

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hello people! --Big supporter of the limbness hero since the Ballot days for Smash4 ^-^.. you probably already saw me sharing some other things in characters threads, but here I am to give Rayman his time to shine. The same I did for Bomberman, I compiled the whole story of the character on Nintendo systems; Hopefully this will be useful for you guys use in future discussions =)

Looking good, this is a nice chart of all of his appearances.

I played most of these and they played a big part of my childhood.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I turned a Rayman supporter after the Artsy Omni thing; but I had my share of fun with some of his games! Rayman 2, Origins and Legends, and the last one, especially, is one of my favorite Wii U titles. I really hope he gets in Smash this time, and I think his chances are way better than last time =)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I completely forgot Tonic Trouble was a thing.

Either way, good job! It's nice to see something like this made in a visually appealing way, rather than just making a list with text.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I completely forgot Tonic Trouble was a thing.

Either way, good job! It's nice to see something like this made in a visually appealing way, rather than just making a list with text.
Thanks! and I know that arguably Rayman's appearance in Tonic Trouble credits is just as small as the icons in Just Dance games, but I think it's notable that was actually the first time he appeared in a Nintendo system; --and after all, Ubisoft developed that game just because they wanted to train their team to build a 3D platformer for start Rayman 2. In a way, I often see Tonic Trouble as a Rayman series spin-off..

well, anyway, I'm glad you guys liked! ^^ I also tweeted the list, if you have any interest sharing away ~
https://twitter.com/CyberWolf_JV/status/978057152651767810

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I would love Rayman. He's truly one of the last icons left, and would definitely be an excellent addition to the roster. I guess it's looking pretty likely this time around?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I would love it if Rayman made it into Smash Bros. Considering that he, Globox and Barbara got trophies in Smash 4 I feel like his chances of becoming playable are pretty good this time.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you guys remember the rumor that Nintendo stopped the inclusion of Rayman in Smash 4 because of Legends being ported to the PS4 and Xbox One? Is that rumor valid to any degree?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Do you guys remember the rumor that Nintendo stopped the inclusion of Rayman in Smash 4 because of Legends being ported to the PS4 and Xbox One? Is that rumor valid to any degree?
I have not heard of this rumor before.

Still, I have a hard time believing that.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
it was ported to the PS3/X360 first... but yeah I've heard that before. doubt it though

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I am not sure what you mean by that.
Why would Rayman being on other consoles be a mark against him when

A: Cloud's only game was on the PS1
2: Snake's games were mostly on Playstation and his latest upcoming game at the time of Brawl was PS4 exclusive.

Sakurai clearly stated before that he doesn't care about the console wars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom