• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

D

Deleted member

^ Although I don't like the box theory at all, it would be hilarious if the last two characters were like... Shadow and Isaac instead of Ken and Incineroar. Then literally everyone would be wrong and I'd be laughing at everyone being stubborn and refusing to admit they were wrong at one another.. cause that's usually what happens in this community.
Eh, I'm always for throwing a wrench in crackpot theories, mainly to see what would happen to the community.

Besides, I'm an Isaac supporter, first and foremost, so I find this possibility to be the most gratifying.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I'm so tired of these ****ing theories
Same. Hell, the box theory falls apart almost completely when you consider the fact that Sakurai stated in Smash direct after the announcement of Dark Samus and Chrom that there would be "a few more" echo fighters being announced in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "a few more" doesn't sound like just one more (that being Ken) that everyone has been panicking about.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Same. Hell, the box theory falls apart almost completely when you consider the fact that Sakurai stated in Smash direct after the announcement of Dark Samus and Chrom that there would be "a few more" echo fighters being announced in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong, but "a few more" doesn't sound like just one more (that being Ken) that everyone has been panicking about.
Sakurai said “a few more” in regards to fighters as a whole, not just Echoes.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sakurai said “a few more” in regards to fighters as a whole, not just Echoes.
Yeah I went back to check this cause I could have sworn he meant only Echoes. "We plan to have the design of every character revealed before launch, expect a few more" was his wording. It's just very misleading cause he says it right after the Echo segment.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'm on the list yet but put me down in support of the Limbless Legend! I've never played any of his games, honestly, but I'd have to be blind to not see how great his potential in Smash would be. One of the few remaining third-party characters I support other than formerly unconfirmed Simon Belmont, Geno, and, of course, Banjo-Kazooie!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't know if I'm on the list yet but put me down in support of the Limbless Legend! I've never played any of his games, honestly, but I'd have to be blind to not see how great his potential in Smash would be. One of the few remaining third-party characters I support other than formerly unconfirmed Simon Belmont, Geno, and, of course, Banjo-Kazooie!
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
0E619649-C27C-47A7-9EAF-1B0617170B0E.gif

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi,

Add me as a supporter for Rayman. He's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time along with Smash Bros, Super Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog and Donkey Kong Country. :ultkrool:(who is now in the game), Shadow The Hedgehog, Rayman and Dixie Kong are my most wanted characters at the moment. His chances may be slim to make it into the base roster, but I think his DLC chances are pretty high.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
His chances may be slim to make it into the base roster, but I think his DLC chances are pretty high.
Welcome to the glade of dreams!

I also feel that his chances for making it in the base roster are slim, but my hype levels are too high for this game to make that fact matter too much to me. And hey, as we have already have established here, DLC is always the next way forward. We can do it, Raybros. I just know it.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
received_668465756859112.png

Reddit held a bracket in which they put each newcomer against each other. 50,000 votes were cast, and Rayman managed to sneak his way into the top 10!
Even if Rayman isn't the most demanded character, he's one of the most consistent characters on polls.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
View attachment 168156
Reddit held a bracket in which they put each newcomer against each other. 50,000 votes were cast, and Rayman managed to sneak his way into the top 10!
Even if Rayman isn't the most demanded character, he's one of the most consistent characters on polls.
It’s 10th place, but it’s still in the top 10. Which I’m happy about.

I remember when he and Sora were against each other, the results were a lot closer than I thought they would be. I think that alone is an accomplishment itself.

Also surprised to see him above Crash, even if just by one place.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Tbh Rayman should've **** on Sora, so I'm not too proud of how the poll went down.

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 168156
Very surprised to see that much support for Lloyd. I have never really seen much hype for him around the Smash community. But hey, what do I know? Rayman's in the top 10 at the very least!

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Very surprised to see that much support for Lloyd. I have never really seen much hype for him around the Smash community. But hey, what do I know? Rayman's in the top 10 at the very least!
I feel Lloyd always quietly has his supporters, coupled with being playable in a popular fan game, as well as the costume, AND Namco co-developing, and it makes some sense.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Tbh Rayman should've **** on Sora, so I'm not too proud of how the poll went down.
Him going against Sora of all people and holding his own is impressive, even if he didn’t win it.

He lost, but not without putting up a fight.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Methinks it'd be a good time to stimulate some stimulus round' these parts. What say we ignore Smash Bros. for just a moment & do some spitballin' on where this series should go in the future. Like a hypothetical open 3D adventure...

Picture this: you're a general director at (insert studio here), & Ubisoft has anointed your dev. team with the challenge, as well as the blessing from Mr. Ancel, of developing a new 3D Rayman title that takes influence from Mario Odyssey, Banjo-Kazooie &/or Jak & Daxter (while retaining elements from Rayman 2 n' 3).

How would you go about this?
What mechanics would you incorporate? What's the story? Who would you bring back? Who would you introduce? Who'll be the piccolo-player that kills Polokus' chill? And most importantly, HOW MUCH MOOLAH WOULD YOU BURN THROUGH MARKETING?!? :p

Personally, one thing I'd do is flesh out Rayman's move pool into something as extensive as Banjo or Mario's. Y'know, come up with some intuitive new abilities that take further advantage of what makes Rayman stand out (that being his limbless-ness & magic capabilities). Like, for example, a move where he spikes his torso & "brings it around town", or that unused hair wind propeller move from the first Origins trailer. There could be puzzle sections where you take control of Ray's hand in small pathways. Maybe in dark environments, he can flash his nose like a headlight. I think there's alot of possibilities here if you've got the right mindset.

Last edited:

jcccastanheira

Smash Cadet
That would be amazing Ed-boy Ed-boy ! Rayman really needs a big 3D adventure with a large and creative moveset, both for fighting and moving around, or any other stuff.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
What mechanics would you incorporate? What's the story? Who would you bring back? Who would you introduce? And most importantly, HOW MUCH MOOLAH WOULD YOU BURN THROUGH MARKETING?!? :p
1. I would incorporate a more fleshed out moveset like many other 3D platformers do. Obvious Rayman platformer basics including helicopter hair will stay, but small improvements like a deeper combat system would do wonders for the game. Maybe something similar to the more toe-to-toe combat of Breath Of The Wild.
2. Razorbeard returning and taking his revenge has been something I've long dreamed about in a hypothetical Rayman 4. Out of all the antagonists in the games, he has always stuck to me (Even if that final battle with him in 2 was ****ing frustrating, heh).
3. I'd love to bring the cages from Rayman 2 back. They gave the player a small incentive to explore and transverse the 3D environment they were presented with and just about made each level feel less like a linear hallway and more like a vast landscape with little nooks and crannies around each corner.
4. All of it. Anything to put our little limbless chap in the spotlight again.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Methinks it'd be a good time to stimulate some stimulus round' these parts. What say we ignore Smash Bros. for just a moment & do some spitballin' on where this series should go in the future. Like a hypothetical open 3D adventure...

Picture this: you're a general director at (insert studio here), & Ubisoft has anointed your dev. team with the challenge, as well as the blessing from Mr. Ancel, of developing a new 3D Rayman title that takes influence from Mario Odyssey, Banjo-Kazooie &/or Jak & Daxter (while retaining elements from Rayman 2 n' 3).

What mechanics would you incorporate? What's the story? Who would you bring back? Who would you introduce? Who'll be the ******* that kills Polokus' chill? And most importantly, HOW MUCH MOOLAH WOULD YOU BURN THROUGH MARKETING?!? :p

Personally, one thing I'd do is flesh out Rayman's move pool into something as extensive as Banjo or Mario's. Y'know, come up with some intuitive new abilities that take further advantage of what makes Rayman stand out (that being his limbless-ness & magic capabilities). Like, for example, a move where he spikes his torso & "brings it around town", or that unused hair wind propeller move from the first Origins trailer. There could be puzzle sections where you take control of Ray's hand in small pathways. Maybe in dark environments, he can flash his nose like a headlight. I think there's alot of possibilities here if you've got the right mindset.
For starters, I would bring back most of the Rayman 2 side characters who haven’t been seen in years. Such as Ly, Uglette, and Clark. As well as keep the Origins/Legends cast, like the Nymphs and Barbra. This would also include the likes of Betilla, Murfy, and Polokus. And of course we would see some new characters, including a new villain.

Rayman will be the sole playable character again, but Globox, the Teensies, and the rest of cast I mentioned will serve a part in the story. As for what the story is, can’t really think of one at the moment. It would have a bigger focus in the game unlike in Origins/Legends. It wouldn’t be as serious as Rayman 2, but it’s a bit more serious than Rayman 3.

The game would use Rayman 3’s gameplay as a base. There would be a hub-world that has plenty of things to do in it, but they’re completely optional if you just want to focus on the main levels.

Pulling inspiration from both Mario Odyssey and Origins/Legends, Rayman will be much more agile in his movement. He’ll still have his strafing and wind-up punches from Rayman 3, but you’ll also have the option to do simple, quick punches. Some enemies can simply be defeated with this quick punches, but stronger ones will require you to have a little more strategy with your attacks.

Power-ups will be included, and based off the power-ups from the canceled Rayman 4.
51A7AC5B-7FFF-475D-BE6C-376DD49E203A.png

Of course, you’ll get more permanent upgrades over the course of the game, thanks to Ly and Betilla.

Could probably squeeze in a few more ideas, but for the time being, this is all I have. This was fun.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
For starters, I would bring back most of the Rayman 2 side characters who haven’t been seen in years. Such as Ly, Uglette, and Clark. As well as keep the Origins/Legends cast, like the Nymphs and Barbra. This would also include the likes of Betilla, Murfy, and Polokus. And of course we would see some new characters, including a new villain.

Rayman will be the sole playable character again, but Globox, the Teensies, and the rest of cast I mentioned will serve a part in the story. As for what the story is, can’t really think of one at the moment. It would have a bigger focus in the game unlike in Origins/Legends. It wouldn’t be as serious as Rayman 2, but it’s a bit more serious than Rayman 3.

The game would use Rayman 3’s gameplay as a base. There would be a hub-world that has plenty of things to do in it, but they’re completely optional if you just want to focus on the main levels.

Pulling inspiration from both Mario Odyssey and Origins/Legends, Rayman will be much more agile in his movement. He’ll still have his strafing and wind-up punches from Rayman 3, but you’ll also have the option to do simple, quick punches. Some enemies can simply be defeated with this quick punches, but stronger ones will require you to have a little more strategy with your attacks.

Power-ups will be included, and based off the power-ups from the canceled Rayman 4.
View attachment 168482
Of course, you’ll get more permanent upgrades over the course of the game, thanks to Ly and Betilla.

Could probably squeeze in a few more ideas, but for the time being, this is all I have. This was fun.
That gummy one looks like so much fun

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I can easily see it be used for sticking to objects or to swing enemies.

Actually, I have one more idea.

The Mime power-up would give Rayman the ability to interact with invisible objects.
I see the Gummy power-up as something that can help you walk on the ceiling. I feel like the sticky shoes hint at something similar.

I think the Mime one could work as a double. I think the Ghost one would be better for interacting with invisible objects.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I see the Gummy power-up as something that can help you walk on the ceiling. I feel like the sticky shoes hint at something similar.

I think the Mime one could work as a double. I think the Ghost one would be better for interacting with invisible objects.
Oh, didn’t notice that part of the artwork. I could see the Gum power-up acting like the metal boots from Ratchet and Clank.

Nah, ghost would be best for possessing or going through objects. A mime working with invisible objects fits thematically.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Oh, didn’t notice that part of the artwork. I could see the Gum power-up acting like the metal boots from Ratchet and Clank.

Nah, ghost would be best for possessing or going through objects. A mime working with invisible objects fits thematically.
You know not gonna lie, at first I didn't see it, but after I thought about it a bit, I can't believe I didn't see it before. Can you elaborate on invisible objects though, like how would we know they're there? Or would he be able to just mess around and create stuff out of thin air?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know not gonna lie, at first I didn't see it, but after I thought about it a bit, I can't believe I didn't see it before. Can you elaborate on invisible objects though, like how would we know they're there? Or would he be able to just mess around and create stuff out of thin air?
Well a mime’s whole stick is interacting with objects that aren’t really there. With the Mime power-up you would be able to see and interact objects you couldn’t see before, like a platform you can now jump on or a collectible.

Though I do also like you’re idea of making stuff out of thin air. Messing around with enemies with mime tomfoolery also sounds pretty fun.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 168482

Seeing these makes me even more annoyed that Rayman 4 got passed over for the Rabbids.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
As much as we have seen of Rayman's world, I think it could be fleshed out more too. Just as BotW and Odyssey did for making a virtual world to explore, I would love to see Rayman get the same treatment.

Imagine starting in the Dream Forest, passing through to Band Land, to the Cave of Skops, to Candy Chateau, to the Marshes of Awakening, to the Bayou, etc etc, all seamlessly. A massive world to traverse, all realized in 3D.

Need to get around quicker? Make friends with a Moskito!

Give him a rogues gallery to route out, Mr. Dark, a new Black Lum, Razorbeard, the Magician, and maybe a new nightmare that brought them all back perhaps.

I'd like to see a cohesive vision of Rayman's world, with as much continuity as possible.

Edit: And include the Rabbids, just so we can finally clobber those guys as Rayman. Note, I do recall there was a gba version of that story, but that game was a bit unpolished and I'm not certain it was very popular.

Last edited:

TrainerFireRed

Smash Apprentice
You know speaking of the GBA game, they said that that was how they originally planed Rayman 4. Something about Rayman going to a school for game characters and going back to the levels from Rayman 1. When I was watching play throughs of it, they had that art level in there.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
2. Razorbeard returning and taking his revenge has been something I've long dreamed about in a hypothetical Rayman 4. Out of all the antagonists in the games, he has always stuck to me (Even if that final battle with him in 2 was ****ing frustrating, heh).
Yeah, despite only recently playing Rayman 2, Razorbeard comes off to me as the closest thing to Rayman's "Bowser/Eggman/K. Rool" (it helps that he made slghtly more appearences than any other Ray-villain). If a new rouge was out of the question, Razorbeard would prob. be my first choice for a big bad.

Noice! Y'know, I'm a sucker for bringing back characters that didn't get the proper time n' day. Heck, just bringing back Ly & throwing her into the current ensemble of Ray, Globox, & Barbara would be fantastic (and possibly attract more female players).
In general, I've always felt that little things like the lack of a consistent cast (outside of Ray, Globox, Murphy & the Teensies) kinda held the series back from really taking off, amongst other things like the constant shifts in art-style/tone/mechanics, & perhaps biggest of all, Ubisoft's lack of above-average marketing.

As much as we have seen of Rayman's world, I think it could be fleshed out more too. Just as BotW and Odyssey did for making a virtual world to explore, I would love to see Rayman get the same treatment.

Imagine starting in the Dream Forest, passing through to Band Land, to the Cave of Skops, to Candy Chateau, to the Marshes of Awakening, to the Bayou, etc etc, all seamlessly. A massive world to traverse, all realized in 3D.

Need to get around quicker? Make friends with a Moskito!

Give him a rogues gallery to route out, Mr. Dark, a new Black Lum, Razorbeard, the Magician, and maybe a new nightmare that brought them all back perhaps.

I'd like to see a cohesive vision of Rayman's world, with as much continuity as possible.

Edit: And include the Rabbids, just so we can finally clobber those guys as Rayman. Note, I do recall there was a gba version of that story, but that game was a bit unpolished and I'm not certain it was very popular.
This. This right here. This is what I'm talkin' bout!

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up as a supporter. Would love to have Rayman in the game.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In general, I've always felt that little things like the lack of a consistent cast (outside of Ray, Globox, Murphy & the Teensies) kinda held the series back from really taking off, amongst other things like the constant shifts in art-style/tone, & perhaps biggest of all, Ubisoft's lack of above-average marketing.
AMEN!

They did good in bringing back Polokus, Betilla, and the Magician in Origins, now’s the time for the rest of the missing cast.

Ly especially I’m the most surprised was never was a main stay.

Sign me up as a supporter. Would love to have Rayman in the game..
Welcome to the Glade of Dreams!
97B1C39D-5A72-4570-8B9B-CFC02F27B6FF.gif

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Bring back Jano

Jano is one of the best characters in rayman, cave of the bad dreams is my second favorite level in rayman games ( the first one is picture city)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Bring back Jano

Jano is one of the best characters in rayman, cave of the bad dreams is my second favorite level in rayman games ( the first one is picture city)
Jano is basically the reason Rayman came to be to begin with, he should have a greater presence in the games. Bring him back as the main antagonist of Rayman 4, maybe give him some connection to Mr Dark and bring him back too, I wouldn't complain at all.

Top Bottom