• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Has Nintendo ever obtained the rights to a non-Nintendo property, thereby turning them into a Nintendo property? I feel like, if it did happen, it was maybe during NES or SNES era.

Anyway, Ubisoft should sell Rayman to Nintendo.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo co-owns Xenoblade alongside Monolith Soft, but the sources I'm looking at suggest that Xenogears and Xenosaga are owned by Square Enix and Bandai Namco respectively. Are the Xeno games that closely related? I'm not too familiar with them.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Xenoblade has been a Nintendo franchise from the start.
Yeah upon further investigation, Xenoblade Chronicles came out after Nintendo acquired Monolith Soft in 2007, thus is owned by them. Whereas Xenosaga's rights are owned by Bandai Namco.

Then I guess a better example would be Astral Chain, which Nintendo had half ownership of but only recently acquired the full package from Platinum.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The thought occurred to me that Rayman could probably get away with having a track or two from Mario + Rabbids, couldn't he? Maybe a Smash remix of one that game's songs is what Grant Kirkhope was teasing. Also, the audio trademarks more or less updating with the general one that was filed in 2018 just gives us even more hope.
If we get Rayman but don't get this track:
Then was it really worth it?

It would be, but I'm just saying

_Fun.Tendo_

Smash Cadet
The thought occurred to me that Rayman could probably get away with having a track or two from Mario + Rabbids, couldn't he? Maybe a Smash remix of one that game's songs is what Grant Kirkhope was teasing. Also, the audio trademarks more or less updating with the general one that was filed in 2018 just gives us even more hope.
He says this "one more secret" will be revealed TBD, not E3.
He also said it wasn't related to Banjo-Kazooie.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet

It's been so long it's scary to think what even a new Rayman game would be like
To be honest, the plot sounds absolutely insane and unbelievable... buuuuut so did a Mario and Rabbids crossover. Personally I would've preferred a new completely Rayman game over more Rabbid shenanigans, but it at least sounds like Ray is the hero of the story, as he should be.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that it's legit.
I'm not ready for Rayman to become one of those series that'll occasionally get referenced in another series or by the company, but never gets a proper new entry despite fan demand.
It'd be the same fate that befell the likes of Banjo, F-Zero & Darkstalkers.

And I'm sure it goes without saying, but...
418a6255a8530a2fa725cb8244d107e2a132e34a_hq.gif

...To put it mildly.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Yoooo, the leaker that's been giving tidbits about the Rabbids movie is now claiming that a new Rayman game is in development!
https://www.reddit.com/user/Fun_Grocery1535/comments/nymc34/new_rayman_game_in_development/
"The title is considered the Spiritual Successor of the Rayman 4 Prototype/Game made by Montpellier back in 2005-2006".
Look, I have no doubt that there's some veracity to that Rabbids movie leak, but this just just sounds too good to be true.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Rayman's Last Stand. X-Men The Last Stand. This game is gonna suck. /s

For real though, I hate that title. Makes it sound like this is Rayman's last chance or something.
They could announce "Rayman recycles some cans" and I'd still buy it lol

Also can we appreciate how much Rayman's demand for smash has gone up over the years?

In smash 4 he'd usually be on the lower end of the top 10 polls and the twitter campaign then had a out 300 followers. Fast forward to now and not only is he cracking the top 10 more often but he's even cracking the top 5 here and there, and the current twitter campaign has amassed over seven fudging thousand followers. Makes me think he really could become a big dog like Banjo and K.Rool if this keeps up!

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
While it'd be nice to have a new Rayman game, that "leak" sounds like it's just Rabbids (and Rayman is here too, I guess). It'd be a mostly Rabbid cast, and since continuity isn't all that important to the series, I'm not sure I really mind the Rabbids thing just not getting resolved. Didn't stop me from enjoying Origins and Legends.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
They could announce "Rayman recycles some cans" and I'd still buy it lol

Also can we appreciate how much Rayman's demand for smash has gone up over the years?

In smash 4 he'd usually be on the lower end of the top 10 polls and the twitter campaign then had a out 300 followers. Fast forward to now and not only is he cracking the top 10 more often but he's even cracking the top 5 here and there, and the current twitter campaign has amassed over seven fudging thousand followers. Makes me think he really could become a big dog like Banjo and K.Rool if this keeps up!
Rayman is a big dog! He's the champ of the 32 bit era. That being said, huuuge props to the Rayman Together and Rayman For Smash pages for keeping the limbless lad relevant and uniting the fanbase. Just throwing them guys some appreciation!

EternalFlameGuy

Smash Cadet
Gonna give the trademarks one last glance over in the morning before my shift starts. If there's still nothing, I'll give you all a good speech to have positive energy going into the Direct. I deliver for Amazon and so will need to be paying attention to the road, and as such I'll only be able to partially watch the presentation, but unfortunately won't be able to join any discussions until much later in the day. Stay strong, Raybros!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Something something Rayman something something.
The Champions? Not a bad idea...except that leaves out Zelda.

Top Bottom