• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Okay, I never told you to stop talking. You're the one who said the argument was over and then made another argument. And how is it an abuse of power if I'm not a mod?
--- I quoted another user. Did you read my post?

Am I in the twilight zone right now?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Please delete
I can't delete my posts- only mods can.

But Sigran and I have spoken in private. We are all good (I believe)
and are here to discuss Rayman. I rephrase my prior statement

What are core Rayman gameplay mechanics that help define the series, and that you'd like to see represented in Rayman representation?
-One user mentioned the Helicopter Head, which is a gimmick the character often uses.
-The limbless fighting is obviously a given; but does this mean he has to have a long reach?
-What do the games themselves tend to do apart from other platformers, that could be utilized in either Rayman's moveset or the boards/assists/bosses/etc that could come with him?

Last edited:

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 270309

Love this idea from a User on Twitter. So the idea of a Double Reveal (basically Ken/Incineroar style reveal) has a Theme of The French Connection which is around Twintelle‘s Character birth origin in the Arms Game as she is the Mystery Arms Character for Smash Ultimate DLC, there is also Gameplay Showcase happening as she’s been the Bayonetta Glitch that Sakurai was using to get her Moveset created. As she is celebrating her Inclusion into Ultimate another character from France origin (as an Easter Egg to the creators and Company Ubisoft originating from France) jumps in to celebrate his inclusion who reveals himself to be Rayman, with gameplay showcasing Rayman’s and Twintelle’s long Punch (and kick for Rayman) Reach with both parading in France of both their Inclusion to Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
I don’t want to interrupt your feud but anyone going to acknowledge my idea?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
View attachment 270309

Love this idea from a User on Twitter. So the idea of a Double Reveal (basically Ken/Incineroar style reveal) has a Theme of The French Connection which is around Twintelle‘s Character birth origin in the Arms Game as she is the Mystery Arms Character for Smash Ultimate DLC, there is also Gameplay Showcase happening as she’s been the Bayonetta Glitch that Sakurai was using to get her Moveset created. As she is celebrating her Inclusion into Ultimate another character from France origin (as an Easter Egg to the creators and Company Ubisoft originating from France) jumps in to celebrate his inclusion who reveals himself to be Rayman, with gameplay showcasing Rayman’s and Twintelle’s long Punch (and kick for Rayman) Reach with both parading in France of both their Inclusion to Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
While this would be awesome, I don't think it's likely to happen because as silly as it sounds, promoting a country over others like that would get people all up in arms. I garuntee there would be people who claim Sakurai hates America because he didn't promote America with Banjo. It's a really cool idea though.

Edit: oops, sorry for the double post

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don’t want to interrupt your feud but anyone going to acknowledge my idea?
I did acknowledge your idea in one of my past posts...

View attachment 270309

I've considered the potential of a Rayman/ARMS double reveal- but never in the context of France. I did not recall Twintelle was from France- I thought she was Ms. Hollywood.

As for the reveal-
well, I think it would be a bit anticlimactic. Perhaps I'm stuck in my own perspective of Rayman having a long reach- maybe he doesn't have a very long reach, and I just think he does. In fact, maybe the ARMS characters wont end up with the longest reach in the game, and it will remain Simon.

Does Rayman require a long reach? Do the ARMS characters?
I cannot see ARMS characters without being the longest reaching characters.

Last edited:

ZetaXO

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4787-7862-7678
It was actually my first Rayman game to own, and it was... well, it was perfect.
Those musical courses were an insignia of love. Are these Rayman staples?
No, sadly, musical courses are not staples in the Rayman series. Even though music plays a big part in making some "arcade" levels so memorable.
"Funky Board", I'm talking to you.

Does Rayman require a long reach? Do the ARMS characters?
I cannot see ARMS characters without being the longest reaching characters.
For the ARMS character, I think Springman's AT's range is a good indicator of what it should be.

For Rayman, since you've only played Legends, let me explain.
Rayman has always had a very long reach, except in the Ubiart games (Origins and Legends + mobile games).
But that was more of a balancing to have all characters being equal in multiplayer.
Anyway, in Rayman 2, he doesn't launch his fists, but litteral energy balls.
In Rayman 3, the enemies shoot projectiles at you, and his punches can compete with those's range.
And last, in Rayman 1, when charged to their maximum or while jumping (charges automaticaly),
the fist can easily go past the border of the screen is some cases.
So yeah, very long range would be necessary for Rayman

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No, sadly, musical courses are not staples in the Rayman series. Even though music plays a big part in making some "arcade" levels so memorable.
"Funky Board", I'm talking to you.

For the ARMS character, I think Springman's AT's range is a good indicator of what it should be.

For Rayman, since you've only played Legends, let me explain.
Rayman has always had a very long reach, except in the Ubiart games (Origins and Legends + mobile games).
But that was more of a balancing to have all characters being equal in multiplayer.
Anyway, in Rayman 2, he doesn't launch his fists, but litteral energy balls.
In Rayman 3, the enemies shoot projectiles at you, and his punches can compete with those's range.
And last, in Rayman 1, when charged to their maximum or while jumping (charges automaticaly),
the fist can easily go past the border of the screen is some cases.
So yeah, very long range would be necessary for Rayman
If that is the case... I hope that Rayman can get in this pass.
The ARMS characters need that reach for each attack-
Rayman maybe doesn't need the same reach for each attack?

I cannot see two characters with ranged ARMS as a gimmick both making this pass.
Is there a legitimate way to consider both characters?

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
If that is the case... I hope that Rayman can get in this pass.
The ARMS characters need that reach for each attack-
Rayman maybe doesn't need the same reach for each attack?

I cannot see two characters with ranged ARMS as a gimmick both making this pass.
Is there a legitimate way to consider both characters?
It depends on how they'd do it, but I don't think they'd hinder each other. The ARMS character will most likely have long reach, yes, but their attacks are jointed to them in their game (they actually sort of make a distinction in it with this, once you throw both arms you're left defenseless while they come back). While Rayman's quite different; he doesn't even have arms or legs. His punches in 1 and 3 work more as projectiles than anything else, and he can move freely after throwing them. So despite it seeming similar due to range, they can both be very different-- not to mention that Rayman can pick from a lot more than just long punches.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Could be multiple reasons. Some possibilities
  • As mentioned above, it's not a Ubisoft title and they don't want to include information on games that aren't theirs (could be a company policy)
  • They felt it was in bad faith to Nintendo since it took a jab at Nintendo decision
  • They don't want to imply there is a Ubisoft character in Smash or that the costumes means there is a Ubisoft character
  • They may have felt it could upset the other console manufacturers as they give Nintendo special treatment
There could be more and I'm sure someone more creative than I am could come up with other reasons. I think some people are reading too much into it.
So an update to something I said earlier. I actually think there is a simpler explanation for what happened. I don't think it was some kind of oopsie, but rather that it was always meant to be removed.

The Ubisoft costumes were announced on January 16th. The bot then starts talking about the costumes. Then, somewhere between the 15th and the 22nd of April, the bot's response chances. Exactly when it happened was unclear. This would mean the response was removed 3 months later, almost to the day. The timing makes it seem more intentional. Thus, I believe the bot was only ever suppose to talk about those costumes for 3 months and then it would be removed. After that time, it wouldn't be topical anymore. I don't know the inner workings of this bot, but I suspect they change its response from time to time on certain things. Also, if it was a big oopsie, then why was it removed three months later and not sooner. Also, why was it almost 3 months on the dot. It seems a bit too coincidental.

I've said it before but I don't think this is evidence of a Ubisoft character getting in. Maybe folks are thinking evidence of a "cover up" means there must be a Ubisoft character but I don't see it. I'm thinking it was always meant to be there for three months then pulled.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So an update to something I said earlier. I actually think there is a simpler explanation for what happened. I don't think it was some kind of oopsie, but rather that it was always meant to be removed.

The Ubisoft costumes were announced on January 16th. The bot then starts talking about the costumes. Then, somewhere between the 15th and the 22nd of March, the bot's response chances. Exactly when it happened was unclear. This would mean the response was removed 3 months later, almost to the day. The timing makes it seem more intentional. Thus, I believe the bot was only ever suppose to talk about those costumes for 3 months and then it would be removed. After that time, it wouldn't be topical anymore. I don't know the inner workings of this bot, but I suspect they change its response from time to time on certain things. Also, if it was a big oopsie, then why was it removed three months later and not sooner. Also, why was it almost 3 months on the dot. It seems a bit too coincidental.

I've said it before but I don't think this is evidence of a Ubisoft character getting in. Maybe folks are thinking evidence of a "cover up" means there must be a Ubisoft character but I don't see it. I'm thinking it was always meant to be there for three months then pulled.
Because no one knew that the bot said it till near the beginning of April and it's a good chance the higher ups didn't monitor everything the person programmed the bot to say and told them to change it when they caught wind of it. It also didnt remove the responses in March, they were removed about a week after people found out about it this month in April. While there isn't definitive evidence that this is for a smash inclusion, there's no evidence to suggest that they had a plan to advertise it for 3 months and then pull it either.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because no one knew that the bot said it till near the beginning of April and it's a good chance the higher ups didn't monitor everything the person programmed the bot to say and told them to change it when they caught wind of it. It also didnt remove the responses in March, they were removed about a week after people found out about it this month in April. While there isn't definitive evidence that this is for a smash inclusion, there's no evidence to suggest that they had a plan to advertise it for 3 months and then pull it either.
Funny you mention that because I already addressed that
Ubisoft higher up noticed someone added the Rayman in Smash thing and they didn't want it, so they removed it. Could be they don't want people assuming Rayman is in Smash or because it's not a Ubisoft game. There's a lot of reason for the removal.
See my post above for more reasons. That is implying someone higher up didn't know about the bot's comments and upon finding out had them removed. My point on the three months is that since it's very specific time frame which implies it was done intentionally. What you are saying, that it could be a mistake and remove, would probably be a random time since they could find out at any time (like 56 days after, 72 days ect). Even then, you'd think they'd notice it sooner since it stayed up for three months. People tend to think in categories so if it was for a limited timeframe, you'd do it for, say, two weeks, two months, ect. This better explains why it was changed and why it tooks so long to do it.

The March thing was just a typo (which I fixed). It would still be 3 months as I mentioned in the post.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Funny you mention that because I already addressed that

See my post above for more reasons. That is implying someone higher up didn't know about the bot's comments and upon finding out had them removed. My point on the three months is that since it's very specific time frame which implies it was done intentionally. What you are saying, that it could be a mistake and remove, would probably be a random time since they could find out at any time (like 56 days after, 72 days ect). Even then, you'd think they'd notice it sooner since it stayed up for three months. People tend to think in categories so if it was for a limited timeframe, you'd do it for, say, two weeks, two months, ect. This better explains why it was changed and why it tooks so long to do it.

The March thing was just a typo (which I fixed). It would still be 3 months as I mentioned in the post.
Different Ubisoft employees in the past have said things about wanting Rayman in smash like the Ubisoft France support Twitter and they didn't care to take it down, only this time are they doing so.

And considering Ubisoft Sam is a small side project and not one of their big headline products, it's possible they higher ups go "ok, here's all the info on our games so it can answer the questions properly, and program it to talk about some other things." And then left it in their hands. With how much higher ups have to do in companies, it's doubtful they're gonna sit down and review every line the bot says. Therefore it's definitely possible that once the internet found out the bot said it and was posting about it, they got wind and told them to change it. There's no way to know nor is there evidence that they had a certain set time they wanted the bot to talk about smash stuff and then remove it.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You guys think that the full version of the original Rayman 2 that was intended before the 3D revisions will ever get released in full ala Star Fox 2?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
You guys think that the full version of the original Rayman 2 that was intended before the 3D revisions will ever get released in full ala Star Fox 2?
I do believe it is gonna be the 2/3 Model Sakurai is gonna use as it’s the More Iconic look since Sakurai can’t use 1 or Origins/Legends look as it’s a Cartoon variant of the Character. Along with also the Super Smash Bros 4 Rayman Trophy design can be the basis of the Character look

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I personally don't think so.

Starfox 2 was finished before it got canned, so that's why it was able to get released later.

The Rayman 2 prototype is just more of a demo and never even came close to being finished.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And considering Ubisoft Sam is a small side project and not one of their big headline products, it's possible they higher ups go "ok, here's all the info on our games so it can answer the questions properly, and program it to talk about some other things." And then left it in their hands. With how much higher ups have to do in companies, it's doubtful they're gonna sit down and review every line the bot says. Therefore it's definitely possible that once the internet found out the bot said it and was posting about it, they got wind and told them to change it. There's no way to know nor is there evidence that they had a certain set time they wanted the bot to talk about smash stuff and then remove it.
Lets be frank, there's no evidence of anything. All that has been said about this is there was a message and now there is no message. Without knowing anything else, all possibilities should be weight equally. If fact, you could argue that it was an elaborate prank by someone at Ubisoft. It would be just as valid. What I'm saying explains why it took so long to remove it and why it went down in the first place. 3 months is a reasonable time to have an advertisement run (see my explanation above).

Of course, this brings up another issue which is that I'm basically arguing against a phantom argument. It's never explained how the removal is evidence of anything. It feels like the South Park argument: 1)Bot takes down message 2)??? 3)RAYMAN IN SMASH BAYBEE. My assumption is that your argument is the removal of the message implies that Ubisoft has a character in Smash and that promoted them to remove it because the message leaks (or implies) the character. This is my best guess at it. In the tweets and the messages in their thread its never explained how the removal of the message means a character is in Smash. The tread that ties this together just isn't there.

It may be why all these fan theories go bust. What constitutes evidence isn't evidence at all and fans are just barking up the wrong tree.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Lets be frank, there's no evidence of anything. All that has been said about this is there was a message and now there is no message. Without knowing anything else, all possibilities should be weight equally. If fact, you could argue that it was an elaborate prank by someone at Ubisoft. It would be just as valid. What I'm saying explains why it took so long to remove it and why it went down in the first place. 3 months is a reasonable time to have an advertisement run (see my explanation above).

Of course, this brings up another issue which is that I'm basically arguing against a phantom argument. It's never explained how the removal is evidence of anything. It feels like the South Park argument: 1)Bot takes down message 2)??? 3)RAYMAN IN SMASH BAYBEE. My assumption is that your argument is the removal of the message implies that Ubisoft has a character in Smash and that promoted them to remove it because the message leaks (or implies) the character. This is my best guess at it. In the tweets and the messages in their thread its never explained how the removal of the message means a character is in Smash. The tread that ties this together just isn't there.

It may be why all these fan theories go bust. What constitutes evidence isn't evidence at all and fans are just barking up the wrong tree.
The tread that ties it all together is that it would be taken down for NDA reasons, I assumed that was common sense.

For a person who's proven to be anti Rayman and harass his fans and has said over and over that this is a "crackpot theory"(see palilalia) that you don't believe, you sure have been coming in here quite alot trying to downplay it instead of just letting us speculate and such. Smells like scared in here.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Do you have any characters you actually support? Because I only ever see you hanging out in threads of characters you don't like telling everyone they won't get in.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Do you have any characters you actually support? Because I only ever see you hanging out in threads of characters you don't like telling everyone they won't get in.
He likes anything first part cause smash is a Nintendo game no third partys grrrrr.

From dealing with him for a while he really hates Rayman and the fact the this is the first time he's come into this thread to downplay our hype and desperately disprove this theory makes me think he's actually scared of it coming true lol

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
He likes anything first part cause smash is a Nintendo game no third partys grrrrr.

From dealing with him for a while he really hates Rayman and the fact the this is the first time he's come into this thread to downplay our hype and desperately disprove this theory makes me think he's actually scared of it coming true lol
Go figure someone who hates Rayman doesn't believe the evidence. It seems like detractors only see what they want to see.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The tread that ties it all together is that it would be taken down for NDA reasons, I assumed that was common sense.
NDA for what? The bot saying "Here's hoping for Rayman" wouldn't break an NDA because it's not disclosing anything.

But let's put this together. Based on what your claiming, Ubisoft's bot said "Here's hoping for Rayman" and that somehow breaks an NDA because it just mentioned Rayman? Of course a company is going to say they'd like to get their character in Smash. Them saying that isn't disclosing information. Moreover, this is assuming the person who runs the bot is under an NDA. An NDA is going to between the agreeing parties. You can't be subject to the agreement (or contract) if you weren't a part of it (which means you have something to disclosure). So the person running the bot probably isn't under an NDA and if they were, then they would have not even brought it up.

The theory it was removed because of an NDA makes no sense. Again, this is why I see it as a crackpot theory.

For a person who's proven to be anti Rayman and harass his fans and has said over and over that this is a "crackpot theory"(see palilalia) that you don't believe, you sure have been coming in here quite alot trying to downplay it instead of just letting us speculate and such. Smells like scared in here.
Its funny you say that because didn't you run from the General thread because they were Rayman haters. Like, the Rayman Twitter made a tweet that followers shouldn't go to the general thread because they hate Rayman. You said you run that account so it stands to reason you made that tweet because of the mild disagreement from that thread. Not sure how you can say I'm scared as I'm actually coming to this thread with other Rayman supporters and debating with you all. Not sure how that means I'm scared but whatever.

For the most part, the only character I really want is Rex. ARMS was the other but we;re getting that. And the only threads I've been negative about are this and the Geno thread. I've noticed that Rayman fans seem to be the most defensive about it, so much so that I'm "Anti-Rayman". It's just silly.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
NDA for what? The bot saying "Here's hoping for Rayman" wouldn't break an NDA because it's not disclosing anything.

But let's put this together. Based on what your claiming, Ubisoft's bot said "Here's hoping for Rayman" and that somehow breaks an NDA because it just mentioned Rayman? Of course a company is going to say they'd like to get their character in Smash. Them saying that isn't disclosing information. Moreover, this is assuming the person who runs the bot is under an NDA. An NDA is going to between the agreeing parties. You can't be subject to the agreement (or contract) if you weren't a part of it (which means you have something to disclosure). So the person running the bot probably isn't under an NDA and if they were, then they would have not even brought it up.

The theory it was removed because of an NDA makes no sense. Again, this is why I see it as a crackpot theory.

Its funny you say that because didn't you run from the General thread because they were Rayman haters. Like, the Rayman Twitter made a tweet that followers shouldn't go to the general thread because they hate Rayman. You said you run that account so it stands to reason you made that tweet because of the mild disagreement from that thread. Not sure how you can say I'm scared as I'm actually coming to this thread with other Rayman supporters and debating with you all. Not sure how that means I'm scared but whatever.

For the most part, the only character I really want is Rex. ARMS was the other but we;re getting that. And the only threads I've been negative about are this and the Geno thread. I've noticed that Rayman fans seem to be the most defensive about it, so much so that I'm "Anti-Rayman". It's just silly.
Chu, I don’t think it’s really great to come into a support thread and start telling people why their character they support isn’t likely.

Doing that honestly feels like asking to start a fight. Like I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think this is the right place for that kind of thing. The general thread is probably a better place for this than a thread dedicated to supporting a character.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Chu, I don’t think it’s really great to come into a support thread and start telling people why their character they support isn’t likely.

Doing that honestly feels like asking to start a fight. Like I get where you’re coming from but I don’t think this is the right place for that kind of thing. The general thread is probably a better place for this than a thread dedicated to supporting a character.
These threads aren't hugboxes. They are to discuss the character. So I can discuss Rayman in the Rayman thread. Even still, I'm not talking about the character I'm talking about the theory. Even if you were to say you can only support in the support threads, I would think discussing this theory, and disagreeing with it, are fair play.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
These threads aren't hugboxes. They are to discuss the character. So I can discuss Rayman in the Rayman thread. Even still, I'm not talking about the character I'm talking about the theory. Even if you were to say you can only support in the support threads, I would think discussing this theory, and disagreeing with it, are fair play.
You're definitely not wrong. These threads are for discussion, not just talking about how likely they are. The problem is when someone posts there regularly and only talks about why they're not getting in. We heard your point and we don't agree, yet you're still always in here telling us that over and over. It's really hard to not be seen as "anti" whatever character when you spend this much time in one thread trying to convince everyone it won't happen.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

You're assuming how the whole bot NDA works and you only come in here over and over to downplay the theory despite the fact that we've said we don't agree, yes you're anti Rayman and worried he'll get in. It's painfully obvious. Using the word "crackpot theory" over and over doesn't make it suddenly right. Take your L and please leave

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You're assuming how the whole bot NDA works and you only come in here over and over to downplay the theory despite the fact that we've said we don't agree, yes you're anti Rayman and worried he'll get in. It's painfully obvious. Using the word "crackpot theory" over and over doesn't make it suddenly right. Take your L and please leave
I don't have to assume anything. Just learn a little contract law. You can't be made a part of the NDA out of the blue. If my boss gets involved in a contract, that doesn't mean I am also a party to that contract if I'm working under him. Likewise, the guy who runs the bot isn't going to be made a party to an NDA unless he knows it. So he can't break an NDA he wasn't privy to. This is also assuming what the bot said was even something that would break an NDA (a person working at a company saying he wants the character in is not the same thing as him saying the character is in).

And all of this is in lieu of other simpler explanation. Either they were only running it for a limited amount of time or that the company doesn't want to be talking about non-Ubisoft games. Both of these explain the same thing in something that is more plausible.

The reason I call it a "crackpot theory" is because it's one. I doubt the bot talking about Rayman and them taking it down means Rayman is in when there are far simpler and better explanations for what happens. These theories never bear any fruit. They always come up nothing and people latch on to them despite never panning out. People look for patterns that don't exist. It's funny you say to "take the L" when you can't defend your theory. Even in this reply you haven't brought up anything that would contradict what I laid out. If you have a reason why I'm wrong on NDAs (there is a lot of information if your willing to Google it), go ahead. Otherwise, I'm not seeing it.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I don't have to assume anything. Just learn a little contract law. You can't be made a part of the NDA out of the blue. If my boss gets involved in a contract, that doesn't mean I am also a party to that contract if I'm working under him. Likewise, the guy who runs the bot isn't going to be made a party to an NDA unless he knows it. So he can't break an NDA he wasn't privy to. This is also assuming what the bot said was even something that would break an NDA (a person working at a company saying he wants the character in is not the same thing as him saying the character is in).

And all of this is in lieu of other simpler explanation. Either they were only running it for a limited amount of time or that the company doesn't want to be talking about non-Ubisoft games. Both of these explain the same thing in something that is more plausible.

The reason I call it a "crackpot theory" is because it's one. I doubt the bot talking about Rayman and them taking it down means Rayman is in when there are far simpler and better explanations for what happens. These theories never bear any fruit. They always come up nothing and people latch on to them despite never panning out. People look for patterns that don't exist. It's funny you say to "take the L" when you can't defend your theory. Even in this reply you haven't brought up anything that would contradict what I laid out. If you have a reason why I'm wrong on NDAs (there is a lot of information if your willing to Google it), go ahead. Otherwise, I'm not seeing it.
The bot talking about Rayman still lies under Ubisoft talking about it since it's a Ubisoft program, which is why they could have told them to take it down. It would still count as Ubisoft talking about Rayman in smash which would break and NDA if they were told not to. Everything I've said contradicts you, you just don't wanna be wrong and are persistent cause "REEEEE RAYMAN NOOOO". So you keep coming back, lying and changing the story saying I think he's a lock, labeling all Rayman fans a certain way just cause of me, and yelling "crackpot theory crackpot theory" over and over as if it makes you arguement any less flat. It could amount to nothing easily, and maybe Rayman won't get in. But your desperation to down play it to the point of coming into this thread which is the only character thread you've bothered to come into and do this according to your latest activity and saying "none of this contradicts what I'm saying" when it all has, just shows how pathetically desperate you are. Maybe stop harassing Rayman fans and I and just let us speculate, and if he doesn't get in then you can sigh a relief and stop crying.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Gonna make an attempt to get things on track again while bypassing the hoodlum in the room.

So let's brain.

Ubisoft finally decides to remake the classic trilogy, but they want to partially collab with other reliable developers with atleast one notable platformer or adventure game under their belt. One for Rayman 1, another for Rayman 2/3. Who'd you choose to take the respective wheels?

I think for a R1 remake, either Wayforward, Good Feel (Wario Land: Shake It!) or Lab Zero (Indivisible) would be best, they all have a knack for quality hand-drawn games. Of course, there's always the option of getting Ubisoft to officially endorse Rayman Redemption Sonic Mania style...:smirk:

For Great Escape &/or Hoodlum Havoc, I feel like Toys For Bob would be the go-to, after playing & loving Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I really think they'd get the style of Rayman down to a tee. Feel me, g?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Gonna make an attempt to get things on track again while bypassing the hoodlum in the room.

So let's brain.

Ubisoft finally decides to remake the classic trilogy, but they want to partially collab with other reliable developers with atleast one notable platformer or adventure game under their belt. One for Rayman 1, another for Rayman 2/3. Who'd you choose to take the respective wheels?

I think for a R1 remake, either Wayforward, Good Feel (Wario Land: Shake It!) or Lab Zero (Indivisible) would be best, they all have a knack for quality hand-drawn games. Of course, there's always the option of getting Ubisoft to officially endorse Rayman Redemption Sonic Mania style...:smirk:

For Great Escape &/or Hoodlum Havoc, I feel like Toys For Bob would be the go-to, after playing & loving Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I really think they'd get the style of Rayman down to a tee. Feel me, g?
Honestly I'd hope they'd go that Rayman Redemption route cause the game is looking so good that idk if I'll be able to go back to vanilla Rayman 1!

As for Rayman 2 and 3, I'd love either toys for Bob or vicarious visions!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just posted this in the Newcomer thread. Id be curious to hear your all thoughts on Western characters.

I would choose
GAME TIME! GOING OUT WEST!!!

If you got a full pass of these Western characters, who would you pick?
MAKE YOUR OWN PASS (and describe why you chose such)
There are ten companies below, 15 characters.
I gave everyone two freebies if they take Mii+ characters.

- Crash (Crash Bandicoot; ACTIVISION)
- Spyro (Spyro the Dragon/ Skylanders; ACTIVISION)
- Vault Boy (Mii+ character?; Fallout; BETHESDA)
- Doomguy (Doom; BETHESDA)
- Master Chief (Halo, MICROSOFT)
- Steve (Mii+ character?) (Minecraft; MICROSOFT)
- Heavy (Team Fortress 2; VALVE)
- (someone) (League of Legends, RIOT> Now TENCENT)
- Tracer (Overwatch; BLIZZARD)
- Warcraft Character (World of Warcraft; BLIZZARD)
- Rayman (Rayman; UBISOFT)
- Ezio (Assassin's Creed; UBISOFT)
- Scorpion (Mortal Kombat; WB)
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider; EIDOS INTERACTIVE> SQUARE ENIX)
- Angry Birds (Angry Birds; ROVIO ENTERTAINMENT)

If I missed a prominent character, please let me know, and I will both edit the original post and repost with the new information.

I explain there why I dont have Skyrim... I do try to have all major characters and companies. While Skyrim has every much a chance (FF7 and P5 are repped, not Final Fantasy and Persona as a whole), Skyrim is just a part of Elder Scrolls (the only part to some), and the characters, while they could work, dont stand out to me the way the ones above do, who actually are known as characters and not just from the one game.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I just posted this in the Newcomer thread. Id be curious to hear your all thoughts on Western characters.

I would choose

I explain there why I dont have Skyrim... I do try to have all major characters and companies. While Skyrim has every much a chance (FF7 and P5 are repped, not Final Fantasy and Persona as a whole), Skyrim is just a part of Elder Scrolls (the only part to some), and the characters, while they could work, dont stand out to me the way the ones above do, who actually are known as characters and not just from the one game.

I would choose

How many characters can we put in this pass?

MattX20

Smash Hero
How many cameos should we expect on Rayman's stage?

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Yeah, you're right, these theories never bear any fruit. Just look at Banjo. As we all know the evidence there led to nothing as well.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yeah, you're right, these theories never bear any fruit. Just look at Banjo. As we all know the evidence there led to nothing as well.
You're either gonna get a wall of text on why Banjo's counts and Rayman's magically doesn't or maybe he'll finally get the hint and go away hopefully.

Also random discussion but when was the moment you guys realized you wanted Rayman in smash?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
You're either gonna get a wall of text on why Banjo's counts and Rayman's magically doesn't or maybe he'll finally get the hint and go away hopefully.

Also random discussion but when was the moment you guys realized you wanted Rayman in smash?
Being a dumb stupid child playing Brawl and making up character rosters for Smash and Rayman being among those, then I guess as I saw Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo grow throughout the years that idea strenghtened.

Top Bottom