• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
What will everyone's reaction be if Rayman does get announced at this e3 for smash?
I would feel impressed, happy, but wouldn't go HYPE. I would be glad that it finally happened for the ones that had always wanted him in Smash, because for me, despite being a huge Rayman fan, I don't really care much if he's in or not, I'm only hoping Rayman 4 to finally come true sooner or later.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Rayman chances will be so high in smash if Rayman appear as a DLC in Mario + Rabbids and Rayman Trilogy Switch Rumor becomes true. I hope Ubisoft dont screw Nintendo thats my fear.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rayman chances will be so high in smash if Rayman appear as a DLC in Mario + Rabbids and Rayman Trilogy Switch Rumor becomes true. I hope Ubisoft dont screw Nintendo thats my fear.
That's a new one to me. What is that rumor?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That's a new one to me. What is that rumor?
Mainly just a remaster of the original trilogy (it was never specified if it was Crash/Spyro styled or just an upscale job). I don't think it was Switch exclusive though.

IIRC, what tanked it was a discrepancy in the email address tied to its Twitter account.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Y'all hear about that crash and spyro in smash leak that people keep thinking is legit just cause the guy happened to guess the nintendo online service details reveal date right? Not really Rayman related but just thought it would be interesting to discuss.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Y'all hear about that crash and spyro in smash leak that people keep thinking is legit just cause the guy happened to guess the nintendo online service details reveal date right? Not really Rayman related but just thought it would be interesting to discuss.
that's a whole load of bull****, the things they said about the online weren't even true, the date was a lucky guess lol

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Like what I do with all leaks, I consider them fake until proven real. You can thank Artsy Omni for that. :p

I'm gonna have to call BS on it. Having Crash is one thing (and even then I don't think he's very likely to be in the base game), but both him and Spyro at the same time is not realistic in the slightest.

Also, the "leaked" Fire Emblem title screams fake, it's going for a title like Radiant Dawn but it feels more like "lets take two big words and put them together."

EDIT: Looks like it was fake anyway. :p

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I have to be honest, but I've never played Rayman before. But, I am planning on getting Rayman Origins for my 3DS. Add me to supporters, please.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I have to be honest, but I've never played Rayman before. But, I am planning on getting Rayman Origins for my 3DS. Add me to supporters, please.
Welcome!

And Heads up.

Unless you don't have another option, I don't recommend picking up the 3DS version of Rayman Origins. It's the worst version.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Thanks for that! What about Rayman Legends for Wii U? Is that good?
If you don't have a Switch, then yes that is a great version to go to.

Plus Rayman Legends contains all the best levels in Origins, so you're sort of getting two games in one.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Since it's pret-ty quiet here...
Back Air: Torso Tap

While airborne, Rayman paddles his torso gently to bounce foes back. Does almost no damage if any at all but bumps foes away a bit.

Then as it returns to him, Rayman paddles it again with a little more force directly behind him. The damage is non-existent like before, but the force and distance provides a more substantial bounce.

Finally, as it returns once more, Rayman SMACKS his torso with more force downward-diagonally. While it does more damage than the 1st 2 strikes it is still minimal in that regard, but the knockback is substantial and becomes KO-worthy quickly. Nearly no damage, no hitstun at all but high on knockback and thus surprisingly powerful.

Pressing the input causes him to smack his hand into his body 3 times and knock it into whatever’s in his path, making this a 3-hit attack sequence with more force in each swing. Enemies when struck by this move are bounced back with notable force for the 3rd hit, a decent bounce for the 1st hit and of course, above-average bounce for the 2nd. It essentially functions like a bumper. Despite its potentially strong bounce(s), it does very little damage when in contact with opponents and offers absolutely no hitstun. You’d be lucky to get 2% damage from the 3rd strike and that’s the most forceful of the 3. Its bounce is its one and only quality, and even the 1st hit will work wonders on foes in the right damage thresholds, meaning the 3rd can get deadly very quickly. Each hit should bump foes back enough to make a close-range retaliation difficult.

In my moveset, Rayman attacks with all his body parts. His head, his feet and his fists as well as torso all have different attack properties; his hands are GREAT for damage and knockback, his feet provide more hitstun than the rest with damage not far behind, his head racks up damage but does little else and his torso provides a mean bounce at times. Speaking of which, this attack is inspired by Rayman 2; in that game one of his idle animations is to dislodge his torso and bounce it like a basketball. That blew my mind when I was a kid, and looking back, it makes me realize Rayman’s torso must be very springy. So, why not weaponize it, right?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

While airborne, Rayman paddles his torso gently to bounce foes back. Does almost no damage if any at all but bumps foes away a bit.

Then as it returns to him, Rayman paddles it again with a little more force directly behind him. The damage is non-existent like before, but the force and distance provides a more substantial bounce.

Finally, as it returns once more, Rayman SMACKS his torso with more force downward-diagonally. While it does more damage than the 1st 2 strikes it is still minimal in that regard, but the knockback is substantial and becomes KO-worthy quickly. Nearly no damage, no hitstun at all but high on knockback and thus surprisingly powerful.

Pressing the input causes him to smack his hand into his body 3 times and knock it into whatever’s in his path, making this a 3-hit attack sequence with more force in each swing. Enemies when struck by this move are bounced back with notable force for the 3rd hit, a decent bounce for the 1st hit and of course, above-average bounce for the 2nd. It essentially functions like a bumper. Despite its potentially strong bounce(s), it does very little damage when in contact with opponents and offers absolutely no hitstun. You’d be lucky to get 2% damage from the 3rd strike and that’s the most forceful of the 3. Its bounce is its one and only quality, and even the 1st hit will work wonders on foes in the right damage thresholds, meaning the 3rd can get deadly very quickly. Each hit should bump foes back enough to make a close-range retaliation difficult.

In my moveset, Rayman attacks with all his body parts. His head, his feet and his fists as well as torso all have different attack properties; his hands are GREAT for damage and knockback, his feet provide more hitstun than the rest with damage not far behind, his head racks up damage but does little else and his torso provides a mean bounce at times. Speaking of which, this attack is inspired by Rayman 2; in that game one of his idle animations is to dislodge his torso and bounce it like a basketball. That blew my mind when I was a kid, and looking back, it makes me realize Rayman’s torso must be very springy. So, why not weaponize it, right?
Rayman using his whole body to attack is pretty creative. Honestly sounds like something in-line with Sakurai's way of thinking.

Also, I've said it before but I really love your artwork. The color scheme and sense of movement is incredible.

Keep up the good work!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Squeals You did more! Still love your art man

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Rayman using his whole body to attack is pretty creative. Honestly sounds like something in-line with Sakurai's way of thinking.

Also, I've said it before but I really love your artwork. The color scheme and sense of movement is incredible.

Keep up the good work!
doesn't Ray have a ground pound move in Rayman 3 GBA that he uses his body against the ground?

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
So since E3 is upon us in a month, how likely ya guys think Rayman is to be announced in smash compared to other third parties? Is he one of the top? Middle ground? Or low chance?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So since E3 is upon us in a month, how likely ya guys think Rayman is to be announced in smash compared to other third parties? Is he one of the top? Middle ground? Or low chance?
I'd say he is on top of likeliness. The only one's I'd put on or above his level are veteran 3rd parties ( :4sonic: :snake: :4megaman: :4pacman: :4ryu: :4cloud: :4bayonetta: ), and the idea of a wild card 3rd party character that no one's expecting (Like Snake from Brawl or Ryu from 4). Those are veterans and a literal wild card, so I'm actually pretty confident in Rayman. Unless a rabbid shows up playable... which could legitimately happen, but I'm not holding my breath for the sake of my sanity.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
I'd say he is on top of likeliness. The only one's I'd put on or above his level are veteran 3rd parties ( :4sonic: :snake: :4megaman: :4pacman: :4ryu: :4cloud: :4bayonetta: ), and the idea of a wild card 3rd party character that no one's expecting (Like Snake from Brawl or Ryu from 4). Those are veterans and a literal wild card, so I'm actually pretty confident in Rayman. Unless a rabbid shows up playable... which could legitimately happen, but I'm not holding my breath for the sake of my sanity.
Well it was like a month ago I think that the director of Mario rabbids said that if his rabbid characters got in someday he'd be so happy, which if they were in I feel like he'd know by now so maybe that's a good sign? That and I'm certain that Rayman did decent on the ballot and that Nintendo and Ubisoft know he's the more loved character

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As boring as this answer may be, I don't really think we have enough to go off of. That's part of the reason who the Smash hype is kind of subdued this time around.

We haven't seen gameplay yet nor do we know the direction this game is going in. Sure you can say "it's Smash, what other direction can they take it?", but Breath of the Wild Link could mean we'll be seeing some changes.

At the very least I think he is one of the most likely western third-party characters.

All we can do is wait and see.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Middle I guess. Those trophies in Smash 4 definitely help. Ain't no Crash or Spyro trophies in Smash. It means he was in the team's mind when they made that game at the very least.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I found it!

I know Ray dives to the ground in Origins and Legends, but I always found so much more creative this one ~

I prefer this attack to his current Origin/Legends one, by far.

Small rant, but I'm going to be real upset if Rabbids get in and Rayman doesn't. I don't care if they make it along with Rayman (as separate characters of course), but I'll be one salty ************ if they make it without Rayman. They really don't feel like they belong, and aren't really wanted either. They were gifted a Mario crossover for god knows why, and seeing that the rumors of the games development coincided with Smash's, I can realistically see them making it. Then we got Rayman that got Legends remade, and that's it. It makes me a little uneasy tbh, especially because I have no idea how interested Japan is with the Rabbids.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

Small rant, but I'm going to be real upset if Rabbids get in and Rayman doesn't. I don't care if they make it along with Rayman (as separate characters of course), but I'll be one salty ************ if they make it without Rayman. They really don't feel like they belong, and aren't really wanted either. They were gifted a Mario crossover for god knows why, and seeing that the rumors of the games development coincided with Smash's, I can realistically see them making it. Then we got Rayman that got Legends remade, and that's it. It makes me a little uneasy tbh, especially because I have no idea how interested Japan is with the Rabbids.
That'd bug me too, but I think Sakurai is more savvy than that. He would have to see that Rayman himself has more potential as a fighter, right? That said, should Rayman get onto the roster, I fully expect the Rabbids to part of his final smash.

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

This may sound extreme but I deadass won't get the game if Rabbids get in and not Rayman. There's no way sakurai wouldn't know that Rayman is more loved and requested character. I feel he was well requested on the ballot and I know they said they'd use that for future smash games. Also we have that unused amiibo file of Rayman in Mario maker 3ds so that's gotta at least point towards something?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This may sound extreme but I deadass won't get the game if Rabbids get in and not Rayman. There's no way sakurai wouldn't know that Rayman is more loved and requested character. I feel he was well requested on the ballot and I know they said they'd use that for future smash games. Also we have that unused amiibo file of Rayman in Mario maker 3ds so that's gotta at least point towards something?
I'll get the game regardless, but I feel where you're coming from.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I think Rayman would get in over the Rabbids. He has far more of a history and is much more of a character than a single Rabbid.

That being said, as much as I hate to admit it, the Rabbids getting in over Rayman is also very much a possibility, and one we should prepare for.

I'd be incredibly disappointed if that were the case, and that's coming from someone who has a soft-spot for the little buggers.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
At the very least I expect some amount of Mario+Rabbids representation.

Trophies most certainly, but wouldn't be surprised to see a stage or even Assist Trophy.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft and FunAtParties FunAtParties !! I'm glad y'all like it!
I found it!

I know Ray dives to the ground in Origins and Legends, but I always found so much more creative this one ~

Oh shoot, I never saw that before, but I like it! It's so...unusual but at the same time cool. I like how unorthodox it is and it doubles as something only a limbless fighter could pull off. If I knew about that before I started my Down Air I probably would've went with it instead of my own idea, but it's still refreshing. Honestly, I like this more than the Origins/Legends groundpound; it's not that it's bad, it's just that about 17 other characters already do something like that in Smash 4, which is about 1/3rd of the roster, so I welcome something different.

Also, as much as I'd be mad that the Rabbids got in over Rayman, I'd still buy the game. I've got hopes for 4 other fighters as well, and as long as I get half of them I won't be salty.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Thanks SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft and FunAtParties FunAtParties !! I'm glad y'all like it!

Oh shoot, I never saw that before, but I like it! It's so...unusual but at the same time cool. I like how unorthodox it is and it doubles as something only a limbless fighter could pull off. If I knew about that before I started my Down Air I probably would've went with it instead of my own idea, but it's still refreshing. Honestly, I like this more than the Origins/Legends groundpound; it's not that it's bad, it's just that about 17 other characters already do something like that in Smash 4, which is about 1/3rd of the roster, so I welcome something different.

Also, as much as I'd be mad that the Rabbids got in over Rayman, I'd still buy the game. I've got hopes for 4 other fighters as well, and as long as I get half of them I won't be salty.
Outside of Dixie and Rayman who are you supporting?

Top Bottom