• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Revolution

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seems like a lot of people are speculating a Capcom character maybe. Maybe they'll throw everyone for a loop and go with another Nintendo franchise, though I draw a blank as to who it could be.
I got a few ideas:

A) Character that supposedly got deconfirmed by a base-game spirit (e.g. Bandana Dee, Poochy).
B) Character from a game that currently has no spirit representation (Byleth/Edelgard, Akira, King Boo)
C) Character that isn't represented in any form by a series in the base game (e.g. Sylux, Porky, Adeleine)
D) None of the above.

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else following this crazy leak situation? Now Sabi and Verg have conflicting info, and supposedly one of the companies Verg deconfirmed is back in the running.

Does that mean... we have a chance?

(Massive grain of salt, I know leakers cannot be considered reliable sources)
(Also also, don't know if talking about leaks is against community standards or what have you)

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone else following this crazy leak situation? Now Sabi and Verg have conflicting info, and supposedly one of the companies Verg deconfirmed is back in the running.

Does that mean... we have a chance?

(Massive grain of salt, I know leakers cannot be considered reliable sources)
(Also also, don't know if talking about leaks is against community standards or what have you)
Since Sabi has not Deconfirmed Ubisoft and as you pointed out Verge is now in the middle of uncertainty of what he got wrong with his deconfirmation list.

Yes we Still May have a chance to get our limbless lad in the Game

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Let's play a game. Name two pieces of retail merchandise you'd make/buy to help bolster the Rayman brand!

I'll start the chain.
A T-shirt with Rayman & a pack of moskitos that says "Mosquito Whisperer"
Funko Pops of Rayman, Globox, Barbara, Ly, Hoodlum & Razorbeard

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Let's play a game. Name two pieces of retail merchandise you'd make/buy to help bolster the Rayman brand!

I'll start the chain.
A T-shirt with Rayman with a pack of moskitos that says "Mosquito Whisperer"
Funko Pops of Rayman, Globox, Barbara, Ly, Hoodlum & Razorbeard
I think one that would definitely sell, and that many people I know and myself would love to have is a Rayman plushie. I know there was one that was kind of a mix between R2 and R3, but it already vanished. And even if Ubisoft says that it would be hard to find a solution for the floating limbs" then, how is that they made a plushie of Ed from Tonic Trouble way before? And he's a lesser known character.

untitled.png

They got the solution right there.

The second merch I would like Rayman to have, is a statue, that he indeed have before where he's sitting on a mushroom.
200px-RaymanDoingAGrimace-PromotionalStatue.jpg

Or even, a smaller replica of the Life Sized Rayman statue where he's holding onto a Pillar of the Leptys.
untitled.png

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
It never struck me as a giant hassle making plushies, figures & statues of Rayman. Difficult, maybe, but far from impossible, & that Ed plush is a perfect match with how I've envisioned a plush for years now.

On that note, Totaku figures for Rayman (surfing on a plum R1 style) & either Globox or Jade from Beyond Good & Evil.
We've gotten figures of Banjo, Conker, Crash & Spyro, so there's already a trend in motion here.

Individual backpacks, each themed after Rayman 1, 2, 3, Origins, Legends, & Raving Rabbids. Or a more general one that features everyone from throughout the series, minus the rabbids. (probably in the Ubiart style)

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Welp looks like Vergeben has officially taken a Big L on this one, so don’t expect anything important from him getting any Information pertaining leaks correct

Last edited:

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
Hey, what would you define Rayman as, especially if it were someone who's never heard of him before?

I kinda liken him to a heroic yet mischievous nature spirit made out of light energy. What about you guys?

AndreaAC

Guys, can I get some help here? Does anyone know who handles the Rayman For Smash Together Twitter account and how can I get in contact without having to make an account? One old drawing of mine where Rayman is dressed like Shulk got posted there, and I want to have it removed for personal reasons. Thank you.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Guys, can I get some help here? Does anyone know who handles the Rayman For Smash Together Twitter account and how can I get in contact without having to make an account? One old drawing of mine where Rayman is dressed like Shulk got posted there, and I want to have it removed for personal reasons. Thank you.
Nah I don't know who manages the page, and they don't allow DMs. If you want I can screenshot this message and send a reply for it

AndreaAC

Nah I don't know who manages the page, and they don't allow DMs. If you want I can screenshot this message and send a reply for it
Oh, the would be helpful! :) Thank you! But, would I have to show my name/profile though or is there a way you can show just the message?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Oh, the would be helpful! :) Thank you! But, would I have to show my name/profile though or is there a way you can show just the message?
The message should be enough, I just post the screenshot and clarify. If they're understanding it should work

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Yo, admin of the Rayman for Smash page here. I removed the post. Sorry about that

AndreaAC

Yo, admin of the Rayman for Smash page here. I removed the post. Sorry about that
OH! Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :) And no problem, it really caught me off guard and I have been always unsure of my work being posted by others.

sorry for the double post

Last edited:

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
OH! Thank you very much! I really appreciate it! :) And no problem, it really caught me off guard and I have been always unsure of my work being posted by others.

sorry for the double post
Its all good! I always post with the authors name credited but if they request it to be taken down then it's no problem at all!

ohhh you were the mod? I could have sworn you modded the sister page so I didn't think about you lmao
Nah that's a different guy who does Rayman together, I made the smash one to focus more on smash and cause I noticed alot more people discuss Rayman on Twitter than they do here so I figured it could use a dedicated Rayman for smash page!

AndreaAC

Its all good! I always post with the authors name credited but if they request it to be taken down then it's no problem at all!
:3 Yay. Sorry for the little inconvenience, still! But glad that you are so understanding! I have gotten other cases where it has ben the total opposite. And that's also old work, its kind of embarrassing. :p

I actually allow the post of my work if it is from clients that have commissioned me. And I am still taking them right now, so, if any of you ever wanted one, I'm at your service. :D

ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos I am grateful for all the help, ZoroCarlos! xD Though, can I ask for one last favor? Could you remove the screenshot of the message, please? :) It's done anyway!

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
:3 Yay. Sorry for the little inconvenience, still! But glad that you are so understanding! I have gotten other cases where it has ben the total opposite. And that's also old work, its kind of embarrassing. :p

I actually allow the post of my work if it is from clients that have commissioned me. And I am still taking them right now, so, if any of you ever wanted one, I'm at your service. :D

ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos I am grateful for all the help, ZoroCarlos! xD Though, can I ask for one last favor? Could you remove the screenshot of the message, please? :) It's done anyway!
True true, sure thing! You're welcome

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Man I’m so sick and frustrated with Ubisoft right now for rubbing salt on the Rayman Games, Fans and more importantly the Character and not treating him properly. If anything I want to start a mandated petition on Ubisoft to Give Us both #RaymanforSmashUltimate and #Rayman4, his 25th-Anniversary is coming and they don’t have the decency or audacity to make that Character Priority #1 for what the Rayman Series has Done for both Ubisoft and the Fans that has put Years of Investment towards that very Character and Rewarding their Fans but instead they won’t be Giving the Time and Detriment for Rayman in Super Smash Bros Ultimate as a Playable Fighter and a Sequel long overdue in Rayman 4 because they want to Announce a stupid Rabbid movie no one asked for. It’s absolutely frustrating for nobody not to do anything for that Character

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'd be up to sign a petition, thing is those only ever work once in a blue moon.

And yeah, the past few years have been a bit of ****show for the limbless wonder, as we've seen with...
- The lack of even so little as Switch ports of the pre-Origins titles, nevermind a new game or remake
- A spirit in Ultimate that killed any speculator interest on this site & spawned one-too-many "spirits deconfirm" detractors as a result.
- The whole Brawlhalla fiasco, & the detractors that further spawned from it (thanks, I hate it!)
- A sorry "celebration" of Rayman 2's 20th anniversary with a pre-E3 speedrun livestream.
- Yet another mobile runner (atleast we got a funny little trailer & potential meme pics out of it)
Right down to the news of a TV series that we're not sure will even feature Ray. Of course, the Rabbids crossing paths with Mario/DK & now getting a whole movie only adds salt to the wound, depending on your feelings towards them.

Heck, fans on Twitter still haven't convinced Totaku to hit us up with a figure yet...we can't even get any official merchandise to speak of...

It's pretty disheartening how Rayman just gradually lost all momentum after such a promising 2-game comeback at this decade's start, but some rusty pennies have a gleaming flipside, to coin an analogy. As shown with names like Crash, Spyro & most recently Banjo, things can change, be it by chance or a rally of voices. Michel Ancel still has it in him for another adventure. The aforementioned Twitter accounts are sitting pretty at over 1900 followers & counting, there's an official Switch bundle with Legends, & a little while ago, someone on a Ubisoft livestream has atleast acknowledged the chance of a remake after a post came up. (take this one with a kilogram o' salt tho).

I'm sure if we keep morale up, Ubisoft'll toss us a bone, sooner or later (preferably sooner for the big two-five, but ehhhya'kno...)

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Hi! I came from the Banjo-Kazooie thread. I want Rayman in Smash too. I have an idea for a move Rayman can use, featuring a Raving Rabbid! If Rayman has a move where he throws objects, a Rabbid could be one of them, screaming when thrown and latches onto the opponent to do extra small damage, till it leaps off. Yeah...not too creative but what do you all think?

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Hi! I came from the Banjo-Kazooie thread. I want Rayman in Smash too. I have an idea for a move Rayman can use, featuring a Raving Rabbid! If Rayman has a move where he throws objects, a Rabbid could be one of them, screaming when thrown and latches onto the opponent to do extra small damage, till it leaps off. Yeah...not too creative but what do you all think?
I love the idea of him winding up fist and throwing it about 5-Feet towards his opponent just like from the very first Rayman Game as his Standard Attack while have his Special Attack be shooting blasts out of His hands from Rayman 2: the Great Escape

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I love the idea of him winding up fist and throwing it about 5-Feet towards his opponent just like from the very first Rayman Game as his Standard Attack while have his Special Attack be shooting blasts out of His hands from Rayman 2: the Great Escape
I like the sound of that.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would not go off any leaks lately, the leakers seem to be totally lost. I think Sakurai finally figured out how to fool everyone.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I would not go off any leaks lately, the leakers seem to be totally lost. I think Sakurai finally figured out how to fool everyone.
Speaking of Leaks has This Been Disproven yet?
7F4890F8-3F72-477E-A064-9A5F7E3DA848.jpeg

Because I’ve heard a Rumor going around that we’re getting not 1 but 2 Fighters revealed simultaneously this Month which One is a Western Character ( Please Dear Lord let this be Rayman’s Time for Super Smash Bros Ultimate) that’s apart of Fighter’s Pass as Fighter #5 and the Other is a Bonus Character (which I’m assuming from some people are suggesting it’s Geno)

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Speaking of Leaks has This Been Disproven yet, because I’ve heard a Rumor going around that we’re getting not 1 but 2 Fighters revealed simultaneously this Month which One is a Western Character ( Please Dear Lord let this be Rayman’s Time for Super Smash Bros Ultimate) that’s apart of Fighter’s Pass as Fighter #5 and the Other is a Bonus Character (which I’m assuming from some people are suggesting it’s Geno)
View attachment 256269
Shantae and Rayman are my top two, with Geno and Spyro at 3rd and 4th. But of course you heard Sakurai, the Fighter dosn't have to be well known, just needs to be fun.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My best bet is CacoMallow leak as that hasn't been disproved yet and is eerily similar to Ken leak. However we are not sure if it is even tied to FP 5

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even Sabi stopped talking about leaks and just focuses on Discord clubs. So we're pretty much twiddling our thumbs right now.

At least we definitely know when the next Nitro-Fueled GP goes live, which is next week.

My best bet is CacoMallow leak as that hasn't been disproved yet and is eerily similar to Ken leak. However we are not sure if it is even tied to FP 5
Probably not, seeing as sometimes leaks take ages before they come true. :ulthero:

In any case, we got a month and a half left to see what happens.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
Even Sabi stopped talking about leaks and just focuses on Discord clubs. So we're pretty much twiddling our thumbs right now.

At least we definitely know when the next Nitro-Fueled GP goes live, which is next week.

Probably not, seeing as sometimes leaks take ages before they come true. :ulthero:

In any case, we got a month and a half left to see what happens.
How about Vergeben, by the looks of it even He seems to now believe his Majority of Deconfirmations is now becoming more unrealistic at this juncture. Seems to be like Rayman is back on the Speculation Board for the time being

Boorepellent

Smash Apprentice
What playstyle might we expect Rayman to use if he makes it in? He'll definitely have disjoints and projectiles. That would make him potentially a zoner, right?

Top Bottom