• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Leak Deconfirmed

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because how could anyone not love those two mediocre platformers with nice art? THAT'S worth a Smash rep lol.
Yeah, with such mediocre recent games, Rayman has no business standing next to the likes of Sonic, with all of HIS good recent games. (and how in the world do you come to the conclusion that Rayman Origins is mediocre?!)

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
then who do you suggest and don't say ridle
And why, pray tell, can we not ask for Ridley? He's pretty much the only other Metroid representative we could have.
And size doesn't matter in Smash, so don't beat that dead horse; if it did, then Bowser should be gargantuan compared to Olimar, and Sonic should be half the size of Mario. But size doesn't matter, and neither does scale; proportionately, as long as you keep Ridley consistent in proportion, it's fine.

Besides, he'd make a heck of a lot more sense to include than Rayman. :p

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Yeah, with such mediocre recent games, Rayman has no business standing next to the likes of Sonic, with all of HIS good recent games. (and how in the world do you come to the conclusion that Rayman Origins is mediocre?!)
Pretty graphics don't make a game good. Sonic's recent 3D games suck, but feel free to point out the Rayman game which has a rightful place next to classics like S3&K or Mega Man 2, or even something more modern like Tropical Freeze. Do you really think anyone will be playing Origins 20 years from now? Nobody was even playing it two months after release. It's mediocre platforming underneath the pretty drawings, and the lukewarm reception it got is evident of that fact.

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
I don't mind if that Rayman leak was fake, the way that guy made it was amazing. At least Rayman is in the game as a trophy.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Pretty graphics don't make a game good. Sonic's recent 3D games suck, but feel free to point out the Rayman game which has a rightful place next to classics like S3&K or Mega Man 2, or even something more modern like Tropical Freeze. Do you really think anyone will be playing Origins 20 years from now? Nobody was even playing it two months after release. It's mediocre platforming underneath the pretty drawings, and the lukewarm reception it got is evident of that fact.
Er, 87/92/86 on Metacritic is "lukewarm" reception?
I've not played the game - I could care less about Rayman as a character, but it's just not true that the game only got "lukewarm" reception.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
if you think about it...its a brillant move on his part. The haters will hate, but the normal people will be impressed and follow this guy for as long as he makes content. I'd say hes the smart one here.
No argument there mate, he's really good. :chuckle: If I were slightly less lazy I'd follow him.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Er, 87/92/86 on Metacritic is "lukewarm" reception?
I've not played the game - I could care less about Rayman as a character, but it's just not true that the game only got "lukewarm" reception.
Master Chief Collection - 85
Smash WiiU - 92

So it's simultaneously equally bad as MCC, and equally as amazing as SmashU. Must be nice living in the kind of fantasy world where metacritic matters. Take the fanboy blinders off. It's a dull game with pretty graphics.

Remobit

Smash Cadet
This totally wasn't a publicity stunt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And still waiting for brawl universe

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I need tuesday right now... What do you have to say Ubisoft?

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
then who do you suggest and don't say ridle
Ehm, i don't care about ridley or king krool(i don't know why people love them so much), i hate rayman either. I'd want ranulf from fire emblem, or midna from legend of zelda.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Why do people still think that Ubisoft will say anything on Tuesday? They won't, because there is nothing for them to say. No reason to say "remember when the guy showed you how he made a a fake Rayman leak? Well, the rayman leak was fake."

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thought so. But this guy's work was GOOD! Not surprised that most of the Smash community bought it. Sorry to Rayman fans. I'd like to see what this guy continues to do after this. We can never trust leaks again, no matter how legitimate they might seem!

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Man, did I feel salty over this. I'm not even a Rayman fan; I was just hype we might actually be getting a new character, not to mention the fact that 'leak video' looked all kinds of legit.

Oh, well. You never know. I still say this might show Nintendo how much we want more DLC though. Plus, that guy is a really good graphic artist. Like, really good, lol.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Sonic, Pac-Man, and Megaman. They're all amazingly iconic. And then Snake is just down right bad a$$

But Rayman... he's kind of an undefined joke. Like what inspiring innovative or unique thing has he or his franchise ever done? He's so consistently unsuccessful that the mood, themes, and personality of him and his games changes like every 2 years in attempts to find something people actually like. The result is he has no identity. Why would you hype for him or be a fan of any of his stuff or even bother playing his next game.

I'm letting out a hesitantly relived sigh right now...

Last edited:

Aqualink97

Smash Rookie
I can't help but wonder what ubisoft is going to say on tuesday? hopefully the fact that he deconfirmed the leak won't change what they are going to say if he actually is going to be added to the roster

42nd

Smash Cadet
I hope he is deconfirmed further by them, I don't think he fits smash bros very well in my opinion. But none the less I am excited to see what further DLC nintendo will have for smash bros

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
I hope he is deconfirmed further by them, I don't think he fits smash bros very well in my opinion. But none the less I am excited to see what further DLC nintendo will have for smash bros
Nobody cares about your opinion. He fits as a character and that is a fact.

42nd

Smash Cadet
While the former may be true, I think DLC should keep the integrity of the game play as well as the characters. Not that it matters anymore. He is no longer nor ever was a consideration for this reason. We have other prime candidates to join the smash scene other than this.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
Why would Ubisoft make an announcement about a game they didn't develop and don't sell or produce? If there's a new character in smash bros Nintendo will announce it.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
so just because he says the opposite of what you say your right? your statment is also an opinion.

if I say rayman fits for smash, thats is an opinion

If i say he doesn't it is also an opinion

If i say the american flag has 50 stars that is a fact.

Cheeze Puff

Smash Rookie
NNID
stinkyfeetachu
3DS FC
5172-2969-3175
:bee:
no more mario , please ;-;
then who do you suggest and don't say ridley
And why, pray tell, can we not ask for Ridley? He's pretty much the only other Metroid representative we could have.
And size doesn't matter in Smash, so don't beat that dead horse; if it did, then Bowser should be gargantuan compared to Olimar, and Sonic should be half the size of Mario. But size doesn't matter, and neither does scale; proportionately, as long as you keep Ridley consistent in proportion, it's fine.

Besides, he'd make a heck of a lot more sense to include than Rayman. :p
don't me wrong I love ridley but size really does matter have you seen the new pyrosphere stage he is huge. and all of the characters in smash who are supposebly really big have several games where the are not big. secondly there are many other characters they can add instead of ridley, in the prime series there are several other hunters besides samus. but i will have to agree i would rather have him than rayman :bee:

Cheeze Puff

Smash Rookie
NNID
stinkyfeetachu
3DS FC
5172-2969-3175
Ehm, i don't care about ridley or king krool(i don't know why people love them so much), i hate rayman either. I'd want ranulf from fire emblem, or midna from legend of zelda.
I don't think they should be in smash either i said that because that is the usual answer and other than waluigi i think machoke or machamp from pokemon should also be in smash and midna would also be cool but shes an assist trophy

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
don't me wrong I love ridley but size really does matter have you seen the new pyrosphere stage he is huge. and all of the characters in smash who are supposebly really big have several games where the are not big. secondly there are many other characters they can add instead of ridley, in the prime series there are several other hunters besides samus. but i will have to agree i would rather have him than rayman :bee:
Ridley's actually not even that huge in the main Metroid games; he's about 12 feet tall, so similar in size to a Tyrannosaurus; and in turn is only 6 feet taller than Samus herself (who's 6'5''). Ridley in Brawl and Smash for Wii U is actually more out of proportion with his canon sizes than a playable Ridley would be; http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/335/a/6/ridley_scale_chart_by_gojira5000-d88cr9e.png

And if size mattered, King Dedede, Kirby, Meta Knight and Olimar sould all have never been playable, either, since Olimar's about as large as a quarter, Kirby and Meta Knight are a mere 8 inches tall and Dedede's just about 9.5 inches. If they can all be upscaled to a mammoth scale in comparison, why can't Ridley, who's barely any larger than Bowser in most of his appearances, get a small reduction to be on the same area as Bowser in Smash?

Size doesn't define Ridley as a character; his malice, cruelty, cunning and violent disposition are what make Ridley's character, not merely "large dragon boss".

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
so just because he says the opposite of what you say your right? your statment is also an opinion.

if I say rayman fits for smash, thats is an opinion

If i say he doesn't it is also an opinion

If i say the american flag has 50 stars that is a fact.
You missed the point. He can be implemented and has suitable themes to make him diverse as a cast member in the game.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I can't believe that people actually bought this to begin with.

GeneralBrwni

Smash Cadet
Rayman Origins had great reception, and the platforming was fantastic. Have you actually played the game, or read any of the reviews for it?

Cheeze Puff

Smash Rookie
NNID
stinkyfeetachu
3DS FC
5172-2969-3175
Ridley's actually not even that huge in the main Metroid games; he's about 12 feet tall, so similar in size to a Tyrannosaurus; and in turn is only 6 feet taller than Samus herself (who's 6'5''). Ridley in Brawl and Smash for Wii U is actually more out of proportion with his canon sizes than a playable Ridley would be

And if size mattered, King Dedede, Kirby, Meta Knight and Olimar sould all have never been playable, either, since Olimar's about as large as a quarter, Kirby and Meta Knight are a mere 8 inches tall and Dedede's just about 9.5 inches. If they can all be upscaled to a mammoth scale in comparison, why can't Ridley, who's barely any larger than Bowser in most of his appearances, get a small reduction to be on the same area as Bowser in Smash?

Size doesn't define Ridley as a character; his malice, cruelty, cunning and violent disposition are what make Ridley's character, not merely "large dragon boss".
wait im curious how on earth is the world of kirby so small and secondly in the metroid series ridley seems to get bigger with every game and part of the reason he can seem so small is beacuse he is always slouching. you can never see how big he really is unless he is flying. in some metroid games he definately could be small enough to be in smash but in the newer ones he is just too big and sakurai will probably want to go with the newer games. now i do think it is possible that he can be in smash but its just not likely. one more thing its easier to make someone bigger (dedede, kirby, meta knight, olimar) and look good than to make someone big, smaller and not look stupid (ridley)

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Ridley's actually not even that huge in the main Metroid games; he's about 12 feet tall, so similar in size to a Tyrannosaurus; and in turn is only 6 feet taller than Samus herself (who's 6'5''). Ridley in Brawl and Smash for Wii U is actually more out of proportion with his canon sizes than a playable Ridley would be; http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/335/a/6/ridley_scale_chart_by_gojira5000-d88cr9e.png

Humans appeared in the Kirby series with Samus making a cameo appearance in Kirby's Dream Land 3, there aren't any other characters with which to compare Olimar's size in the Pikmin games and everything from the Pikmin series was upscaled in Super Smash Bros., and Bowser's size is inconsistent in the main Mario games while his size in Super Smash Bros. is based on his appearances in spin-off games.

Ridley is much taller than Bowser's regular size. How do you conclude that Ridley's proportions in Brawl and Smash 4 are not as accurate as what you think a playable Ridley's size would be?

Last edited:
Top Bottom