• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman Leak Deconfirmed

GJR78

Smash Rookie
NNID
GJR-7.8
I'm so happy for this. Enough with third-parties.
I think they need 4 more 3rd party characters so I could have an 8 player BATTLE OF THE MASCOTS! My picks would be Rayman,Bayonetta,Solid Snake & Black Mage.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
And thus I am not surprised because I didn't give a crap when others were exploding that this might be real. It would have been nice if it was real, but not getting overhyped just saves SO much energy.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
I still have hope. I think this sends a message to Nintendo and Ubisoft. For now though, I will talk salt with them fries.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Some people have too much time on their hands. Glad it's confirmed fake anyway. Rayman has no business standing next to the likes of Pac-Man and Sonic. The Rayman trophy is already more representation than deserved.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Some people have too much time on their hands. Glad it's confirmed fake anyway. Rayman has no business standing next to the likes of Pac-Man and Sonic. The Rayman trophy is already more representation than deserved.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I still have unanswered questions in my mind,
1. Why did Ubisoft say they'll make an announcement about the leak on tuesday? If leak wasn't true then why would they care anyway?
2.The guy who claims he did the video doesn't talk about leaked images, there's also a main menu picture and there's a "shop" menu next to 3ds menu and rules. Why would he make other fake images to support his leak if he didn't even intend to make it look like a leak but more like his own fanmade roster?

I don't want to go too far, call me whatever you want but, there's also a little chance that this guy(since he is interested in art in smash style) is being paid(or whatever), to tell that he made all this. Since he has been doing Smash art, it's not really hard to find a person like that.

Preparing a video just for a smash style drawn character is a little too much, even adding the wind effect while going through the characters, and why would he have a "how i did this" video of it, he could, but not likely.

Edit: Even making an original Mewtwo art just for that

Also, remember that he had to change some character's slots too, but their background yellow splash animation looks flawless. :) (falcon, ness, rob is very noticable)

One more thing i've noticed is the "unselectable" sound when he tries to pick rayman, if you listen carefully, you'll hear that. The fact that video having sound too, it's just ridiculous to think that the guy made this video.

Edit:3ds version image

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
1. Why did Ubisoft say they'll make an announcement about the leak on tuesday? If leak wasn't true then why would they care anyway?
2.The guy who claims he did the video doesn't talk about leaked images, there's also a main menu picture and there's a "shop" menu next to 3ds menu and rules. Why would he make other fake images to support his leak if he didn't even intend to make it look like a leak but more like his own fanmade roster?

I don't want to go too far, call me whatever you want but, there's also a little chance that this guy(since he is interested in art in smash style) is being paid(or whatever), to tell that he made all this. Since he has been doing Smash art, it's not really hard to find a person like that.

Preparing a video just for a smash style drawn character is a little too much, even adding the wind effect while going through the characters, and why would he have a "how i did this" video of it, he could, but not likely.

This is what I've been thinking. Perhaps....maybe it was legit after all. We'll see on Tuesday, no?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Awful shame it was just a troll. I take this deconfirmation to mean that 100% fact that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character. Because Sakurai.

RtMbot

Smash Rookie
NNID
RtMbot

Also, remember that he had to change some character's slots too, but their background yellow splash animation looks flawless. :) (falcon, ness, rob is very noticable)
1. Ubisoft made the announcement before the guy put the video up deconfirming it. The fact that Ubisoft was planning to make a statement on this was the reason the guy came forward so quickly. The statement on Tuesday will probably just say the same thing as he did.

2. He did make the shop icon, but I think he just decided it wasn't worth talking about. It clearly wouldn't have been difficult for him to make it.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

He confirmed in the interview with Gamexplain that he did indeed make the "shop" image, as well as take down the video himself. Bother were more elaborate ways to try to trick everyone so he could go "lol".

As for the Ubisoft statement on Tuesday, yeah, that's not happening. Ubisoft has no reason to deconfirm it now because the fake leaker did it himself.

Last edited:

CamJamSlamMan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cam_TriforceMan
3DS FC
4811-6936-8465
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little bit disappointed that it's fake since Rayman is the third-party character I've always wanted in Smash Bros. after Mega Man but I'd also be lying if I said I wasn't completely blown away by this man's work. I mean...WOW; that was an incredibly well-made fake; he definitely has me excited for all of his future work now.

RtMbot

Smash Rookie
NNID
RtMbot
Just tell me why Ubisoft would think until tuesday just to say rayman leak is not real.
I don't quite understand either. I'd assume they would just cancel the thing altogether and post about it on Twitter or something. Perhaps they just can't cancel it now and are forced to go through with it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for at the very least something good to come out of this, but I think it's highly unlikely.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I don't quite understand either. I'd assume they would just cancel the thing altogether and post about it on Twitter or something. Perhaps they just can't cancel it now and are forced to go through with it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for at the very least something good to come out of this, but I think it's highly unlikely.
I couldn't care less about Rayman, but for future DLC hope, and also i don't want to be a fool. There's clearly something wrong with this whole thing, also, 3DS version image too, he says he didn't make it. So someone else as talented as him? Come on.

RtMbot

Smash Rookie
NNID
RtMbot
I couldn't care less about Rayman, but for future DLC hope, and also i don't want to be a fool. There's clearly something wrong with this whole thing, also, 3DS version image too, he says he didn't make it. So someone else as talented as him? Come on.
There are plenty of talented people out there. I highly doubt it would have been difficult to make the 3DS picture. Some guy on reddit admitted to it, actually.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

Almost certainly this will happen: Ubisoft will say nothing on Tueaday, nobody will ask, and this won't be acknowledged. It's over.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
There are plenty of talented people out there. I highly doubt it would have been difficult to make the 3DS picture. Some guy on reddit admitted to it, actually.
Someone admitting they did it and putting picture into adobe photoshop doesn't mean anything

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Half of me is happy, because I would be pissed if Rayman got in (I don't like him, personally, and I'd much rather see plenty of others), but I'm also half depressed because that means the shop icon is gone, and the idea of more DLC in the future has further been crushed.

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
if rayman is announced on tuesday despite this leak LOL i just dont know what I will do...greatest troll ever
If Ubisoft does in fact confirm Rayman despite the frankly exquisitely done fake leak, what do we even call it?! Trolling the troll?!
Actually that's good, I'm gonna copyright that. :troll:

Seriously I am mightily impressed at the sheer quality of the picture. Why isn't he working for a company? He clearly has the talent. The one time I did an April Fools gag all I did was screenshot my Google Earth and save the file to make it look like it was from the CNN news site.

RtMbot

Smash Rookie
NNID
RtMbot
Someone admitting they did it and putting picture into adobe photoshop doesn't mean anything
I think you're looking way too far into this. Yes, he didn't make it, but he did make the original icons and Rayman render, which were used in this picture as well. I wouldn't put it behind anybody to do something like this.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I think you're looking way too far into this. Yes, he didn't make it, but he did make the original icons and Rayman render, which were used in this picture as well. I wouldn't put it behind anybody to do something like this.
I want you to read my post again, please. I understood what you're trying to say but also all evidences i could find are there. I toned the TV screen reflection, even though i don't think it's not him, image is not clear enough, so i don't know.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
If Ubisoft does in fact confirm Rayman despite the frankly exquisitely done fake leak, what do we even call it?! Trolling the troll?!
Actually that's good, I'm gonna copyright that. :troll:

Seriously I am mightily impressed at the sheer quality of the picture. Why isn't he working for a company? He clearly has the talent. The one time I did an April Fools gag all I did was screenshot my Google Earth and save the file to make it look like it was from the CNN news site.
if you think about it...its a brillant move on his part. The haters will hate, but the normal people will be impressed and follow this guy for as long as he makes content. I'd say hes the smart one here.

Cheeze Puff

Smash Rookie
NNID
stinkyfeetachu
3DS FC
5172-2969-3175
thank you i don't think i would be able to stand rayman being in smash and plus that leaves two more possible player spots on the character select screen (please waluigi)

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
Kinda disappointed cause I really would've liked to see rayman as a playable character but amazing work from this guy. I ain't even mad.

Top Bottom