• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I feex.

And either way, we WILL find them....definitively. :evil:
xD Hey, now that I think of it...I know how Shay could get a Bunny Hood in my avi....since these belong to the Zelda Universe, but they are cute as Hell, >u> Shay hunted down a Rabbid, skinned it, tainted it yellow and put fake eyes into it and made the hood out of it...<u< But Rayman doesn't know.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Hey, now that I think of it...I know how Shay could get a Bunny Hood in my avi....since these belong to the Zelda Universe, but they are cute as Hell, >u> Shay hunted down a Rabbid, skinned it, tainted it yellow and put fake eyes into it and made the hood out of it...<u< But Rayman doesn't know.
=u= Godammit...Geezus, Andrea. xD

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I love the Bunny Hood. One of my favorite masks in Majora's mask.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If only the new games had those characters again.
Agreed.
You know, I truly think that Donkey Kong and Rayman are in similar positions in that both had successful reboots, but didn't feature the old cast of characters that made them famous.
Namely: Ly, Clark, King K. Rool, Kremlings

Last edited:

AndreaAC

If only the new games had those characters again.
They could have had them, but that's Ancel's decision, also, if they decided to put them, at least similar to what they looked in R2 somehow, I would hate to see them have a change like the one Polokus got.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
They could have had them, but that's Ancel's decision, also, if they decided to put them, at least similar to what they looked in R2 somehow, I would hate to see them have a change like the one Polokus got.
Yeah.

So, it's just better they stay gone I guess...If they don't bring back the old look.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Here's a fanmade take on Rayman's Smashified art.

Also, the movie list on the official website has been taken down:
http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/movielist/
Should we start getting excited?
It's been like that for the past week. It's nothing new.

But the render looks cool, even though I've seen it already. Still funny how the Smashball is his logo though.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Here's a fanmade take on Rayman's Smashified art.

Also, the movie list on the official website has been taken down:
http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/movielist/
Should we start getting excited?
Really good! The hair resembles Rayman 3, but his face and everything else reminds me of Rayman 1 and 2. The Smash symbol on his chest is also a really nice touch.

Hmmm, not really sure if it means anything. Let's just keep waiting for now.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023

Beautiful.
You really don't like the rabbids, huh...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Beautiful.

Yeeeeeeeah. AndreaAC in particular DESPISES them.
Correction, she and I don't. For a reason. They basically "killed" the Rayman series at the time before Rayman Origins showed up.

It is what it is, some people liked them, even got into Rayman because of them. But they practically took away "Rayman" from Rayman, he wasn't really even the main focus in all those spinoff games... And waiting for a "Rayman 4" didn't really help it, too...Again, I'm sorry if anyone really likes those things... but Andrea hates them, but made something good out of it with her own stories, but for me? Nothing. Nothing but lost hope for that "Rayman 4" I could have had years ago...

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Correction, she and I don't. For a reason. They basically "killed" the Rayman series at the time before Rayman Origins showed up.

It is what it is, some people liked them, even got into Rayman because of them. But they practically took away "Rayman" from Rayman, he wasn't really even the main focus in all those spinoff games... And waiting for a "Rayman 4" didn't really help it, too...
No, I know why. It's just a suprising amount of hate for a short-lived video game character.

It's not as large as my hate for another character...

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me who this character is?
Krystal from Star Fox. It might be me, but she's done next to nothing in the majority in the series. If you don't count getting captured and stirring up problems in Adventures and causing Fox emotional turmoil in Command, among other things. She's essentially eye candy.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Krystal from Star Fox. It might be me, but she's done next to nothing in the majority in the series. If you don't count getting captured and stirring up problems in Adventures and causing Fox emotional turmoil in Command, among other things. She's essentially eye candy.
Oh, that's completely understandable. Well, I'm personally just neutral on her. Don't love her, don't hate her.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Oh, that's completely understandable. Well, I'm personally just neutral on her. Don't love her, don't hate her.
I'm extremely pissed off at her most of the time. Instead of giving her a more important role, or maybe including one of the characters from Star Fox 2 instead (I bet that they would be significantly more useful), she just gets captured, goes to Star Wolf, and overall is a complete douche of a character.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm extremely pissed off at her most of the time. Instead of giving her a more important role, or maybe including one of the characters from Star Fox 2 instead (I bet that they would be significantly more useful), she just gets captured, goes to Star Wolf, and overall is a complete douche of a character.
Having played the Star Fox games myself, I can definitely see why you hate her. I have nothing against her, but I'd infinitely prefer seeing Wolf return than her getting in. No offense to the Krystal supporters.

AndreaAC

Beautiful.

Yeeeeeeeah. AndreaAC in particular DESPISES them.
Like if it wasn't obvious enough after all this time.

It is what it is, some people liked them, even got into Rayman because of them. But they practically took away "Rayman" from Rayman, he wasn't really even the main focus in all those spinoff games... And waiting for a "Rayman 4" didn't really help it, too...Again, I'm sorry if anyone really likes those things... but Andrea hates them, but made something good out of it with her own stories, but for me? Nothing. Nothing but lost hope for that "Rayman 4" I could have had years ago...
Exactly this.

AndreaAC

That is beautiful. There's even two moons, like it should be. I love Spanex's art style.
Poor Spanex...=u= she (?) ultimately decided to change her name because I think some people seemed to get the name confused with "Spandex".

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Poor Spanex...=u= she (?) ultimately decided to change her name because I think some people seemed to get the name confused with "Spandex".
xD Imo, that happened to me as well for some reason, haha. But yeah, although now her name is Pipann apparently, I still call her Spanex because it sounds so badass. Just like her awesome art.

Last edited:
Top Bottom