• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Returns! Day 194: "Predicting the Direct"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
The Bear and the Bird
Chance 0%

As Brawler610 said: ineligible
Want 100%
Well, if he was somehow included, that would mean one of two things: either Rare came back to Nintendo, or Nintendo bought Banjo-Kazooie from Microsoft, and if either of those two things were to happen, that would mean we'd see Banjo-Kazooie games on Nintendo consoles again so...if Banjo's inclusion means more Banjo-Kazooie games, then yes! I definitely would want to see him included!

Sable prediction 2.2% BluePikmin already said that he's gonna try not to overrate him, so it shouldn't be too high.

Most entertaining poster? I don't know, I'm gonna have to think about this one...
Edit: Alright I got it!

Most Entertaining Poster: SchAlternate
Most Informative Poster: Erimir, by far.

Nominations
Jimmy T. x5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Banjo & Kazooie - 0%

They're owned by Microsoft. Rare left Nintendo long ago. They don't have a chance in all of hell.

Want - 50%

I'm indifferent on them as the only game of their franchise I've gotten a chance to play is Nuts n Bolts. I was very, very young when Banjo Kazooie first came out, same goes for it's sequel, I didn't own a Nintendo 64, and I wasn't even aware of the existence of the games or the console they came out on.

Prince Sable Prediction - 11.2

Most entertaining user: Myself. :troll:

Just kidding. Really though, that's a tough pick for me......

Can't choose just one... I suppose I'd say Lonekonwolf and Chandelure.

x5 Count Bleck.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Banjo-Kazooie

This is a simple one. They belong to Microsoft, and Microsoft doesn't have any motivation to help Nintendo out. Nintendo would have to buy back Rare's IPs in order for that to happen (it's not worth it to buy Rare since Microsoft has turned them into crap). Now, if they did make a business deal that resulted in them having the rights to Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark and Conker, the chances of Banjo-Kazooie getting in would be pretty high. They'd be the biggest N64 stars not in the game.

But what are the chances that Nintendo made such a big business deal yet we have heard nothing about this? The chances of that happening in secret with no news about it or Virtual Console releases of Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's BFD, Perfect Dark, etc. until now are pretty much nil.

Banjo-Kazooie chances: 0%

Banjo-Kazooie want: 98%
If it were possible, they'd be near the top of my list. They deserve it, I loved the game. If they belonged to Nintendo there's no question that they should be in. But they don't.

Prince Sable prediction: 3%
Should be low. For Westerners, he's most notable as... nothing. But Prince Richard, his rival, is in Link's Awakening. The kid you have to collect golden leaves for. That's the only reason I know who Prince Sable is, but most people would've been content not finding out who the **** this Prince Richard guy was.

Nominations:
Pichu x5
Would you have said that before her reveal? What if Waddle Dee had an ability like Samus' beam swap in Project M, only it changes all of his moves? I bet most people would have said Rosalina wouldn't be unique before her revile.
I said the stuff about Mario sales vs. Kirby sales on Rosalina's day. I didn't think she would be as unique as she turned out, but I did not dismiss her as clone material at all. I simply said I didn't think she would be as unique as Olimar or Mega Man. She turned out to be on their level. Other than that, I was saying similar things before.

Pinning your argument for Bandana Dee's likelihood on Sakurai inventing some random crap to make him super unique is... not a good argument. Especially if it doubles the number of moves he has meaning you're arguing that Sakurai will put him in because he'll make Bandana Dee take way more work than a normal character just so that he's unique enough to make it?

You know who else Sakurai could do that for? Any other character, including the ones you are dismissing as not as likely as Bandana Dee. But Rosalina is also more interesting as far as what she brings as a character, not just as a set of moves.
Actually, it's the other way 'round.

The concept of an individual Toad is a mistake. There is no The Toad, only a Toad.
I am skeptical of this. The Japanese Wikipedia has a separate article for Kinopio (Toad character) vs. Kinoko-zuko (Mushroom people) and the translation is largely consistent with what I said. Ideally, Nintendo would clarify...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Banjo-Kazooie:
Chance-
0% Unless Nintendo buys them back from M$, never gonna happen. Until the XBone fails and M$ stops making consoles.
Want- 100% Two of the only characters I actually care about, the disappointment of them not being in the first Smash wasn't nearly as bad as when M$ happened.

Happy Mask Salesman x5

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So to satisfy my curiosity, I went and calc'd Banjo-Kazooie's want as of this post.

Out of the 25 posts thus far, 10 of them are 100%. 5 of them are less than 50.

And the want score right now is 67.63%.

Which is really freaking high for this game.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
So to satisfy my curiosity, I went and calc'd Banjo-Kazooie's want as of this post.

untitled.png

wow, was his games really that good that that many people want him?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Banjo and Kazooie:
Chances: 0%
Well Chancellor Cole, it seems you have met your match. It's not happening. And unfortunately, considering Rare's output nowadays, the company is a shell of its former self not worthy of NIntendo buying it back. Now buying the individual IP's would be interesting but doubtful that any company would consider that.
Want: 0%
I had the original Banjo-Kazooie game on the N64, and while it was a good game, its not enough to break the formula of what Smash should be = A Nintendo All Stars battle royale. Now since they are first party characters of another company, I would have to give a zero percent on principle. If they were a third party character, my percentage would be higher. I would give the same rating to Nathan Drake, Blinx the Cat, Kratos, Sly Cooper, etc... But Microsoft, since Sony tried and failed with PASBR, let's get XBox Fighters Arena, so I can finally see my dream Banjo vs Joanna Dark vs Master Chief vs Blinx fight. Edit: Just to clarify, if Banjo and Kazooie were third party characters, they would probably get around 70 to 75%.

Prince Sable:
1.89%

Most Entertaining Poster: Erimir
Let's face it, in life, the most entertaining thing in the world is statistics. But really, it's nice to have such a different methodology of rating as opposed to random raters, like me, who speak straight from the gut.

Nominations:
Micaiah x 5

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Banjo-Tooie was the greatest game I've played on the N64 and is still my favorite game in general. Though I love platformer/collectathons with open worlds so I might be a bit biased on that. The game is masterfully crafted though, there's no doubt about that, Rare used to put the greatest efforts into their games back then.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Banjo and Kazooie
Chance: 0% - Because Microsoft hates us for some reason. :(
Want: 74% - They are legendary heroes with great move set potential. Who wouldn't want them playable?

Prince of Sable prediction: 0.42%

Nominations: Isa Jo x5

D

Deleted member

I expected this to happen. I mean, it's Banjo-Kazooie! Appearing in a Smash game is an impossible dream right now, but how could you say no to them?

What's his current Chance rating? Is it bellow Cole?
View attachment 5693
Yeah. The original Banjo-Kazooie is really freaking good. Try to play it yourself!

D

Deleted member

I'm actually more surprised by how many people have posted who were born during the N64 years and grew up in the GC era.

Definitely makes me feel old.
I was born around the N64 era. One of my favorite games of all-time, Super Mario 64, pretty much defined my childhood and is the reason why I am a Nintendo fan.

When you are born in the N64 era, how can Banjo-Kazooie not be one of the first games you think of for the system? (along with Smash 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Kirby 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, etc.)

I personally believe that Banjo-Kazooie do deserve to be in Smash Bros. game for their sheer legacy alone. However, they have fallen greatly after the Microsoft purchase and can't appear because of it. To this day, there are still many fans who are awaiting for their return.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm actually more surprised by how many people have posted who were born during the N64 years and grew up in the GC era.

Definitely makes me feel old.
born late snes era, still have the dang old thing, gets pretty fun to play every once an while
View attachment 5693
yep, banjo-kazooie, and banjo-tooie are considered masterpieces.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
yep, banjo-kazooie, and banjo-tooie are considered masterpieces.
I would consider them on par with Mario 64, which really speaks volumes about how much of an impact it had on me. Truly one of the greatest action adventure/platforming games of the time, and for me is still unmatched to this day.

GoW, eat your heart out.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Banjo and Kazooie
Chance: 0.01%
Rare was bought by Rare Microsoft. The only way they could get in would be if Nintendo bought them or Rare , or if Microsoft let them use Banjo

Want: 100%
I remember when I was four or five, going to my friend's house and playing on his older brothers N64. DK64 and Banjo-Kazooie were the or one of the first video games I played.

Prince Sable: 8%

I can't decide on most entertaining poster. Many of these posts I enjoy reading and they often very funny.

Nominations: Decloned Ganondorf x5

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Banjo Likelihood: 0%

Prince of Sable: 6.15%

Favorite Poster: Me.

Wrestler x5

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie Chance 0%
Want: 50,000,000,000,000,000% (rounded to 100%)

Sable chance: 3.2%

Ryu x5 (this should put Ryu at 114 votes, as two days weren't counted/couldn't be updated). Just a reminder.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Banjo: 1%
While Banjo does get requested more often than some 3rd Parties, he's a far cry from the level of the ones we've seen in Smash. I doubt we get more than 4 and there's still Snake, Pac-Man and several others who could pass ahead of him. Also Microsoft...

Want: 45%
I'm not against him but there are better third parties IMO. *cough* Bomberman *cough*

5x Quote

Most Entertaining Poster: Groose

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So yeah, finished with that thinking. There's been tons of great posters throughout RTCR!, but once I figured out what kind of posts I enjoy reading most (and removed Groose from the equation), it became pretty clear who stands on top:

Most Entertaining Non-Groose Poster - Erimir
So there's plenty of fun posters here, which is part of why I love visiting this thread regularly. The other big part of why I love this thread is the in-depth analysis, and the one poster I can count on to provide a thought-out argument is Erimir. He's been with this thread since the beginning and he seemingly always has a nice chunky post all about why he thinks what he thinks. It's a lot like how I approach my ratings, and as a result I can't help but enjoy reading his posts, agree or disagree. In a thread full of entertainers and the occasional Phoenix Wright case, that really stands out.
Some Honorable Mentions - jaytalks, FalKoopa, Spears in Smash Bros., BluePikmin11. Y'all are great for various reasons, so keep doing what you're doing!

Most Entertaining Groose Poster - Groose
I remember not being sure what to expect when Groose took over this thread; he'd been around the whole time but hadn't really left a strong impression on me. Apparently I should have been excited, because he's been working like crazy since then to write entertaining posts, provide tons of well-reasoned ratings, and generally doing a great job running the thread. Again, including him, there's really no contest for most entertaining poster, and, going by his desire to be excluded from the vote, he wants to be a crowd-pleaser. Can't help but respect that.

Bonus - Favorite Day - Rosalina Satisfaction
(Because I totally forgot to do that last round)
So there's been a ton of rounds of this, but the two recent "satisfaction" posts were a huge breath of fresh air. Rosalina's especially was nice as everyone came together to say how surprised we all were about it and that we were pretty dang happy about how it turned out, even if we weren't really fans of Rosalina getting in. Very nice!

(And now back to waiting to see if anyone likes my posts... )

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The Bear and The Bird currently sit at 68.5% Want. I think that's a top 10 want score, but even if it isn't, it's still really good.

I'm not going to calculate the chance score because I think it'll make me really sad. ;/

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Banjo and Kazooie
Chances: 0% Not happening, they're owned by Microsoft and they aren't letting go of them anytime soon.
Want: 90% These are the characters I loved from my childhood, it's a shame that they can't be in.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Banjo:

Chance: 0%
It is now too late for me potentially winning the lottery to effect anything, If I did buy out Rare, Smash is too far into development for him to make an entrance.

I would drop a lottery win on him if I could.

I abstain from best poster vote.

I'm on a business trip today and will probably loose internet for a few days, sorry folks but Slime's day looks like it's going to go badly. Have fun though, and I may get internet yet so we'll see.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Banjo. And kazooie.

Err, I'm pretty sure everyone already explained that. Plus I'm lazy. NEXT!

I love Banjo. And Kazooie. I want him as my pet.

Most entertaining poster? Me of course. Hades The Magnificent. I'm not even sure if that counts but whatever.

Nom Noms:
Pichu x5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Banjo: 0%
Want 100% I LOVE country music! (But not really. Still 100 though.)

Sable 4.54%

Most entertaining- me, of course! I entertain myself all the time, especially off smashboards. Actually I don't know, probably chandelier or someone.

Mom's: Stork x5

Wtf, MOM? Really autocorrect?

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie

Chance: 0
Want 100

Bite me, Microsoft,

Sable - 2%

Most entertaining: Gotta stick with what I said last round and vote Groose, legal vote or not.

Robin x 5.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Banjo-Kazooie:

Since Rare is now owned by freaking Microsoft and worse yet stuck doing stupid stuff like making Avatar clothes and Kinect Games(not sure what their role is as of XboxOne, but I'm presuming it's the same) this is highly unlikely to become a thing.

Not EVERYTHING is lost though; Rare are allowed to make games for Nintendo's handhelds; Diddy Kong Racing DS for example was made by Rare and starred all the Diddy Kong Racing crew...that is except for Banjo and Conker...because sadly Rare's best and brightest stars outside the DKC crew are stuck in Microsoft's ownership. They were replaced by Dixie Kong and a suddenly sexualised Tiny Kong.

Shame fellow Rare characters Bumper, Timber and Pipsy who seem to be somewhat owned by Nintendo still are stuck as obscure characters unlikely to even get a sticker.

Had Rare not come under the ownership of Nintendo's direct competitors, Banjo(and Kazooie) would be shoo-ins.

Want: 75%
I love Rare. I love what they did with the DK series, Conker was the first game I officially owned(pre-Bad Fur Day). In fact when they went to Microsoft it was one of the deciding factors in splashing out for a Xbox 360 as well as a Wii. It's a real shame they're a shell of their former selves.

Banjo-Kazooie are probably the two biggest gems in Rare's crown, but I personally favour Conker as my Rare character of choice. I'd definitely play both characters as secondary mains however.

Incidentally if a Bumper, Timber and Pipsy tag team did by some miracle occur I'd probably have them as secondary mains. They're probably my obscures of choice.

Most Entertaining Poster:
Groose doesn't count, eh? That's a pity; those Phoenix Wright skits are pretty good. And Hades naturally.

I guess I'll go with OcarinaofDoom then. Seems random right? Well... so are they:

As a result of this poster we occasionally get the most ridiculous Nintendo characters to rate. Yarne and Owain anyone? I can't remember if they were also responsible for Omastar, but my gut says yes. BluePikmin11 also falls under this category of poster but I'm sure someone must have voted Blue already.

Edit: Forgot to do this:

Sable: 7%
He's more than a lord with a sword(although he is technically this too) but I can't see him being able to leapfrog the competition or snake his way up to double figures. Blue will no doubt be this Prince's knight and save him from being as low down as the Cole mine, but with so many people backing Takamaru and Lip to a lesser extent is there any chance for Sable to ring the bell of victory?

Nominations:
Robin X 5.
Time to tip the balance of the Awakening reps scores.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Banjo & Kazooie:

Chance: 0% - Blame Microsoft.

Want: 0% - I've never ever been able to see the appeal in these guys, nor have I been able to see the appeal in the majority of N64 games, this one included.

Most Entertaining Poster: This one is actually relatively hard, but I really love Cheezey Bites's desperate Slime puns. Gotta say, it's hard to keep new ones going for so many days of nominating.

MagnetMan gets a honorable mention, the whole Omastar deal had me pissing my pants.

Nomination:
5x Robin

Last edited:

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I guess I'll go with OcarinaofDoom then. Seems random right? Well... so are they:

As a result of this poster we occasionally get the most ridiculous Nintendo characters to rate. Yarne and Owain anyone? I can't remember if they were also responsible for Omastar, but my gut says yes. BluePikmin11 also falls under this category of poster but I'm sure someone must have voted Blue already.
Owain was Fastblade iirc, and MargnetMan was Omastar. I only did Yarne.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I mean, everyone loves Banjo and Kazooie.
I knew that they would get an extremely low chance but a very high want.
Oh, Hi. I really don't like Banjo Kazooie. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom