• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances - NASB1 Edition! See ya next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Danger Mouse: 3%
If there's gonna be a (non-Nelvana) guest, it'll be this guy. His show's under the Nick brand on Paramount+, he has great historical significance to Nick, and he's a very big deal here in the UK - probably more famous than all of the non-Sponge/Garf/Turtles characters on the roster combined - that being said, he's still a guest (being owned by X-Factor studio Fremantle) - which is both frowned upon by the game's fandom and a little bit pricier, and it's clear this game isn't going for the "historical time capsule" angle early Smash was big on.

Want: 78%
I love me a good historical pick, and I love me a good British rep.

3 noms for Dr. Hutch, Half of the remaining noms for cel shading, another half for Ed Bighead

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
and it's clear this game isn't going for the "historical time capsule" angle early Smash was big on.
Which is interesting, since yesterday I was thinking about how Danger Mouse would feel like a very "Sakurai" sort of pick in the vein of Duck Hunt or Game & Watch!

And I did NOT know that Danger Mouse was on Paramount+! That recent deal connection definitely does help a bit!

CrashBandicootFan1

Smash Cadet
Live action toons

Chance: 10%

Since there are some unanswered questions regarding what happened with Alex Mack, it's hard to pinpoint how possible live action characters actually are for this game. So let's stick with what we know, and I'll do that by listing some notable live action shows:
  • iCarly - Probably the most likely live action show to get a rep. Pretty popular with some spinoffs and even has a recent reboot on Paramount+. I can see some of the cast members being down with being featured in a crossover Nick game.
  • Drake and Josh - Nah fam. We know that Nick wouldn't want Drake in the game, not after what he did. "Well what about Josh?" Perhaps, but I think Nick would be hesitant because of association with Drake. After all the show is called "Drake and Josh" so even if they included only Josh, there is still that heavy connection to the piece of **** known as Drake Bell so Nick may see it as too risky.
  • Victorious - Another show that was decently popular, to the point where it had a spinoff show, Sam and Cat, plus a crossover with iCarly. Victoria Justice is also still active in the industry so she might give the thumbs up. They could also go with Ariana Grande though it's probably too expensive to get her likeness with how mainstream popular she's gotten over the years.
  • Zoey 101 - It was pretty popular back then but there's some major hurdles for it. For one, Jamie Lynn Spears is no longer acting. Second, there were some controversies surrounding the show with some bullying accusations and the fact that Jamie got pregnant at 16 which sparked some conversations about teen pregnancy.
  • Fred - dead meme
That's most of the shows that I'm knowledgeable about. There's a few others but these are some of the biggest live action shows. Overall, I think the best shot for this concept is either an iCarly rep or maybe Victoria Justice. That's not a lot to choose from and I don't think even Carly has a lot of requests. Not to mention the thing with getting the rights to actor's' likeness which depending on the person could be painful and expensive to retrieve.

One thing that I want to bring up is that some people say that the actors wouldn't want to be seen getting beaten up. My response is, is that really a bad look? I mean it's just a silly platform fighter, this is not Mortal Kombat or anything where they are killing people or getting murdered in gruesome ways. NASB is light-hearted so I don't see why the actors would have a problem with being featured in an E10+ fighting game.

Want: 60%

I'm not actively excited or pushing for any live action characters, but I'll admit I got a bit nostalgic doing this writeup. I watched a lot of iCarly and some Victorious and Sam & Cat when I was younger. They weren't my favorite shows or anything, but they certainly had a charm to them so I would be happy if someone like Miranda Cosgrove or Jerry Trainor appeared in NASB.

Noms: Josh and Parker x10
Yeah i don't ever see Ariana Grande being in Nickelodeon All Star Brawl

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
CrashBandicootFan1 CrashBandicootFan1 don't sweat it man, happened to me my first time as well.

Abstaining - I honestly thought it was Mighty Mouse at first, got them mixed up. Nothing against Danger Mouse, just don't know much about him.

Noms to Johnny Knoxville

(today is when I read the rules and realized I can abstain and still have noms to give)

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

THE LEADERBOARD + HALL OF FAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danger Mouse
Chance: 1.3%

Want: 41%

Winner is both M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 2%! You get 10 Extra noms!

Donnie Thornberry
Chance: 7.5%
Want: 27.5%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 7%! You get 35 Extra noms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DaUsername: 502
Baysha: 10
Darkonedagger: 140
Ze Diglett: 55
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 110
Wario Wario Wario: 70
--------------------------

Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x70
Rango x70
Concept: More alt costumes x65
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Ickis x55
Concept: Promotional pick x50
Concept: Disney representation x50
Asami Sato x45
Nancy Drew x45
Ed Bighead x45
Edgar and Ellen x40
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x40
Concept: Glitch Techs Rep x35
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x35
Johnny Knoxville x35
Terrytoons representation x31
Lester "The Cheese" Roquefort x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Mork (Mork and Mindy) x25
Bloom (Winx Club) (Rerate) x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x23
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
Concept: Non-80's TMNT representation x15
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x15
David the Gnome x15
Monkey (Monkey Quest) x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Middle School Moguls rep x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x13
Swiper x13
Nosferatu (SpongeBob) x10
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Cousin Skeeter x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Bunsen (Bunsen is a Beast)

Predict Dr. Paula Hutchinson (Rocko's Modern Life)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunsen

Chance: 0.1% - Not a character I can see happening at all. I don't know what his legal status is, but his show is not well-liked at all, had a short run (though this was due to Butch leaving Nickelodeon), and ranks below so many other Butch Hartman characters. He didn't even break the Top 100 in the Mega Poll, which is not a good sign. Especially when both Danny Phantom and new addition competitor shows FairlyOddParents and TUFF Puppy exist in the Top 25. There wasn't even much hype surrounding it's release. Butch made a promotional short before the show's premiere to cross over all of his characters and introduce Bunsen to people. People DID watch it.... to see Danny, not Bunsen. So his chances do not bode well.

Want: 0% - No thanks, his show's pretty obnoxious and there's a million other Butch Hartman characters I'd rather see instead. And if you're gonna add a new Butch show, why not Fairly OddParents or TUFF Puppy? While Bunsen could do some interesting things, and I find it cool that Guy Moon did some of the music (he was Danny Phantom's composer) I just don't like him or his show.

Nominations:
Edgar and Ellen x10

Predictions:
Paula Hutchinson - 1.37% - While one of the more notable and popular side characters on the show, we just got Rocko himself, and combining that with the more-demanded Heffer/Filburt and the current lull in Rocko demand overall I don't see much going for her.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

0.30%
Look, I don't think fan demand really means that much, especially not for base game assuming we're talking a sequel, I also don't think there's such a thing as competition within "characters created by Butch Hartman", but the literal bottom of the biggest fan poll? Yeah, that about sets the fate of Bunsen in stone. This isn't even "Jonesy in Smash" territory, it's "Sqij in Smash" territory.

Want: 0%
It's not even worth it for the meme. Even watching a minute-long trailer of this show that replaces the show music with wholesome Hallmark movie music gave me a headache.

Hutch prediction: 2%

50 noms to Ed Bighead, the rest for Heathcliff.

Last edited:
Meep Meep Meep-meep
Chance and Want: 0%
There are other Butch Hartman characters out there. There are better 2010s characters out there. There are even better characters from "hated" shows you could pick. I doubt Bunsen would ever make it in NASB.

As for how much I want him, read the above statement.

Predictions:
Dr. Paula Hutchinson - 5%
Not before Heffer, even if a second Rocko rep is unlikely at best.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Bunsen
Chance: 0.13%
Want: 0%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 0.17%! I get 25 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DrifloonEmpire: 25

Concept: MultiVersus collaboration x70
Rango x70
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Ickis x55
Edgar and Ellen x50
Asami Sato x45
Nancy Drew x45
Johnny Knoxville x35
Heathcliff x30
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Cousin Skeeter x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9

DAY OVER

Rate Dr. Paula Hutchinson (Rocko's Modern Life)

Predict Ed Bighead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Paula Hutchinson

Chance: 2% -
Outside of here I've seen her brought up maybe once or twice, but right now I don't have much confidence in her. While the devs love their unpredictable choices, she doesn't have any of the advantages Hugh does (though I have no knowledge of the Rocko fandom's views, so feel free to correct me!), and when it comes to a second Rocko rep most cite Heffer or Filburt as their preferred choice. And that's if we even get a second Rocko rep, given we just got Rocko himself. Most 90's Nick fans also have their sights set on the Beavers at the moment, so there's a lull right now in Rocko demand. There's a slim chance, but it's not something I would expect.

Want: 20% - Not a character I'm too interested in, really. She was al alright character , but if we get another Rocko rep I'd much rather see Heffer. This isn't just me wanting more essentials before adding smaller side characters, I'm saying this because I want to see Heffer specifically (Filburt wouldn't interest me at all)). My friends and I have plenty of fun jokes about the show, and Heffer's the one who has most of them. Meanwhile, Paula's just a character who kinda creeped me out as a kid. So she wouldn't be a bad choice per say, but not a Rocko rep I'd care for.

Nominations:
Edgar and Ellen x10
Cousin Skeeter x25

Predictions:
Ed Bighead - 3.64% - Given his status in the main cast, I can see some Heffer-esque predictions in his favor, but not much more than that given the lull in Rocko demand.

Well, Nick? You got your "female character with a hook".
Chance: 5%
There's not much of a demand for another Rocko rep. And even if there was, it would be for Heffer or Filburt, not Dr. Hutchinson.

Want: 40%
Yeah, I might want Dr. Paula Hutchinson to be added into the franchise. She is one of the more iconic recurring Rocko characters, and her design stands out compared to others like her.

Predictions:
Ed Bighead - 8%
I think he has a slightly larger shot at making it in after Heffer and/or Filburt, primarily due to his presence in the show being so vast.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Big Question (want): 100%
Probably my most wanted NASB character, there's some potential for fun doctor-related moves with syringes and such, but the main reason is that "good hook" - having recently learned more about fighting game archetyping and starting to gel with the turtle archetype (ironic, given her spouse) I think having a character who'd likely be a turtle from the Rocko universe would be absolutely incredible for me. Plus, who can say no to that winning smile?

The Big Answer (chance): 1.50%
Perhaps over-optimistic. She's a popular character among Rocko fans... and that's about it. I'd struggle to name any time she actually said something funny TBH, she's more of a character who makes you smile when you see her pop up and occasional conflict setup for Filburt than an actual vehicle for jokes - not a background character as much as an underutilised side character. If the reaction to NASB's DLC is a sign of anything, Rocko isn't really carrying a large fandom nowadays - the sad truth of the nostalgia cycle - I don't think a second Rocko rep is impossible, he recently got a weird shoe tie-in so Rocko "nostalgia pandering" certainly isn't dead, but it's certainly not very likely either, and Hutch is pretty low on the list,

Ed prediction: 5%

Half noms for Heathcliff, half noms for Ebenezer T. Squint

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Dr. Paula Hutchinson
Chance: 2.8%
Want: 53%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with %! You get 20 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Wario Wario Wario: 20

Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Ickis x55
Asami Sato x45
Nancy Drew x45
Heathcliff x35
Cousin Skeeter x35
Johnny Knoxville x35
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Ebenezer T. Squint x5

DAY OVER

Rate Ed Bighead

Predict Concept: MultiVersus Collaboration and Rango

Ed Bighead

Chance: 4% - Ed's in a spot slightly below Heffer, though I'll still give him a similar chance score. Ed's a main cast member on the show, and still had a big role in one of Static Cling's storylines, so he's a character people are relatively familiar with. His disadvantages come from Heffer/Filburt being requested more, and the general lack of demand for more Rocko right now. But if the devs decide to add another rep and not either of Rocko's friends, then I can definitely see Ed as a darkhorse pick. Definitely worthy of discussion for Rocko fans!

Want: 30% - A lot of the stuff that I wrote for my want for Dr. Hutchinson also applies to Ed Bighead. Though while I want Heffer for the second Rocko rep, Ed would definitely be my second choice. His design is hilarious, and he does have plenty of material on the show to craft a moveset out of! Seeing him quarrel with Rocko would also be hilarious!

Nominations:
Cousin Skeeter x10

Predictions:
Concept: Multiversus Collaboration - 0% - Confident that this will get unanimous zeros. Nick and Warner Bros. are direct competitors, and Multiversus itself recently shut down its' multiplayer servers.

Rango - 3.28% - I've occasionally seen him thrown around as a dark horse concept, but he's nowhere near the top 25 and his movie was ages ago, so I'm not expecting confident scores.

The Bane of Rocko's Existence
Honestly, Heffer, Filburt, and Ed all have similar benefits and disadvantages to being the second Rocko rep. On the good side, they're all very important players to the show's history. But on the other hand, there's not much demand for another Rocko's Modern Life character in the first place.

Want: 10%
I would personally prefer Heffer as the second rep as much as the next guy would, and even Filburt has his upsides to making it in over the Bigheads as the third character. Aside from that, I find Ed Bighead and his wife despicable. Just file a divorce already and take a flying leap into a thornbush.

Also, did you know that cane toads don't have a good reputation in Australia? Just one of many reasons why Rocko might as well have not even left the Outback if he knew he was going to be subjected to the same issues as he could down under. No offense.

Predictions:
Concept: MultiVersus Collaboration: 1%
I can see maybe Finn and/or Jake making it in, thanks to the Adventure Time pilot airing on Random! Cartoons, or even Bugs Bunny for the substantial role Looney Tunes played on Nickelodeon and vice versa. But even those are longshots.

Rango: 4%
Sure, his movie has a cult following, but is that what makes a fighter in NASB? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
90s Squidward: 6%
Maybe a little over-optimistic, but I do think he'd be just as high on the pecking order as Heffer, if not higher given the steer's negative reputation. He has more spotlight episodes than any other non-Rocko character (I think, I'll probably have to count it later), he plays a major role in Static Cling which inspired a very large amount of Rocko's representation in NASB, and he's just a beloved character to 90s Nick fans. I think the main problem in Ed's path is well, Squidward - the character directly based on him who is way more popular, way more relevant to the generation that still has time to game, and has been leaked - even if Ed and Squidward's movesets would be very different.

Want: 100%
You can see my PFP, you know I love this show and all the characters in it, and Mr. Bighead is 100% up there. So many funny gags this character has had that I'd love to see in the game.

MVS collab: 0.3%

Rango: 2%
It only takes one bullet to decrease this chance score.

All noms for Heathcliff

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Negative reputation? Wait, people dislike Heffer?
Yeah, every time I see people discuss or review Rocko there's usually someone who mentions how annoying they find Heffer to be. I personally find the hate a little overblown (he can be a major nuisance but he usually means well) but I also do kinda get it - his occasional asshole moments can be pretty egregious.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah, every time I see people discuss or review Rocko there's usually someone who mentions how annoying they find Heffer to be. I personally find the hate a little overblown (he can be a major nuisance but he usually means well) but I also do kinda get it - his occasional asshole moments can be pretty egregious.
I do remember people saying that Heffer was meant to be balanced out by Rocko and Filburt, so Heffer on his own plots didn't really work.

My friends and I had a theory several years ago that if the show had gone on that it would've faced some of the same problems modern Spongebob does character-wise (given some of the ties between the two shows), such as Bighead being needlessly tortured and Heffer becoming an asshole and terrible friend (citing those asshole moments you mentioned as evidence alongside Rocko's Gaming Tragedy as an example of what he could've possibly became). Since you're a fan of the show, and would know way better than I would, how likely do you think this would've been?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do remember people saying that Heffer was meant to be balanced out by Rocko and Filburt, so Heffer on his own plots didn't really work.

My friends and I had a theory several years ago that if the show had gone on that it would've faced some of the same problems modern Spongebob does character-wise (given some of the ties between the two shows), such as Bighead being needlessly tortured and Heffer becoming an asshole and terrible friend (citing those asshole moments you mentioned as evidence alongside Rocko's Gaming Tragedy as an example of what he could've possibly became). Since you're a fan of the show, and would know way better than I would, how likely do you think this would've been?
Heffer's assholery would absolutely increase, probably not to completely insufferable levels unless the show became a long runner, but I think the days of "Heffer sells his lungs to buy a fire hydrant for Spunky" would be long over - and Filburt would likely grow a few of those same habits from time to time. (Rug Birds comes to mind) I think that both Ed and Rocko would become torture-bait of sorts at different points - I can imagine many a new writer believing the show's greatly exaggerated (even if obviously not baseless) reputation as a "misanthrophic hellscape" and playing into it while forgetting to make Rocko's misfortune relatable to viewers, which is kinda what happened with the comics - I had to drop reading the Marvel run because of just how needlessly cruel it was to Rocko, and while I dropped the IDW run for different reasons (the extremely slow serialization), the mini-comics at the end could be very cruel. I think Rocko and the gang would also become more childlike as the show goes on, given a lot of the later season episodes are about things like pranks and imagination, though I don't necessarily think that'd be a bad thing.

That being said, I don't think the show would fully plummet into nonsensically cynical garbage like the Marvel run unless it continued into the naughts. I love all the Rocko seasons near-equally even with flanderization starting to creep in, and I think a Season 5 would be perfectly fine entertainment all things considered, and even hypothetical later seasons that pick up the habits I named above would probably be decent even if not on the quality of the first 4 seasons.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Heffer's assholery would absolutely increase, probably not to completely insufferable levels unless the show became a long runner, but I think the days of "Heffer sells his lungs to buy a fire hydrant for Spunky" would be long over - and Filburt would likely grow a few of those same habits from time to time. (Rug Birds comes to mind) I think that both Ed and Rocko would become torture-bait of sorts at different points - I can imagine many a new writer believing the show's greatly exaggerated (even if obviously not baseless) reputation as a "misanthrophic hellscape" and playing into it while forgetting to make Rocko's misfortune relatable to viewers, which is kinda what happened with the comics - I had to drop reading the Marvel run because of just how needlessly cruel it was to Rocko, and while I dropped the IDW run for different reasons (the extremely slow serialization), the mini-comics at the end could be very cruel. I think Rocko and the gang would also become more childlike as the show goes on, given a lot of the later season episodes are about things like pranks and imagination, though I don't necessarily think that'd be a bad thing.

That being said, I don't think the show would fully plummet into nonsensically cynical garbage like the Marvel run unless it continued into the naughts. I love all the Rocko seasons near-equally even with flanderization starting to creep in, and I think a Season 5 would be perfectly fine entertainment all things considered, and even hypothetical later seasons that pick up the habits I named above would probably be decent even if not on the quality of the first 4 seasons.
It's interesting that the groundwork was already there! and I agree, a change in writers that miss the point of the show would definitely have a massive effect on its' tone. I can imagine that the more childlike transformation of the main cast would help the show last longer (I'm sure Nick wasn't happy about everything they got away with, and making the show more kidlike would appease them and possibly lead to a long-runner), and not only would the characterization be completely derailed, but the entire point of the relatable life of a young adult would be completely lost.

Thanks a ton for the insight, that was a great read!

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

dr_arnold_and_ed_bighead_by_jose_ramiro_ded9x7k-fullview.jpg

Ed Bighead
Want: 46.66%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 5%! AN ON THE NOSE PREDICTION!!!! You get 500 Extra noms!!!!!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
Wario Wario Wario: 520

Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Ickis x55
Asami Sato x45
Heathcliff x45
Nancy Drew x45
Cousin Skeeter x45
Johnny Knoxville x35
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Phoebe Heyerdahl x25
Stu Pickles x21
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Swiper x13
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Ebenezer T. Squint x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: MultiVersus Collaboration and Rango

Predict Concept: More Alt Costumes

Multiversus Collaboration

Chance: 0% - Right now there's no way I can see this happening. Paramount and Warner Bros. are direct competitors, , so I cannot see them doing a full-on collaboration (especially when part of Multiversus' early marketing was showing off what it had that NASB didn't). But even if they set their differences aside, there's one problem: Multiversus' multiplayer servers are set to go offline in the near future, which is not a good sign. With the game's future up in the air, Warner might not want to run an expensive investment for it. And it's sure as hell not in the All Star Brawl budget to do these big 3rd party grabs!

Want: 10% - Eh, it would be kinda cool to see Multiversus get Spongebob and All Star Brawl to get Bugs Bunny (given the short stint Looney Tunes had on Nick, and I vaguely remember Tiny Toons airing on Nick for a bit.) But if the game has a limited budget than I'd rather see it spent getting more content, features, and in-demand character than a very non-feasible crossover.

Rango

Chance: 2% - Rango's in a tough spot. He's seen bits and pieces of demand, and is seemingly fully-owned by Paramount, but is not a character anywhere close to the Top 25. Alongside that, it's been awhile since Rango's gotten anything new, and Nick doesn't seem to be too interested in expanding the Rango brand despite the awards it won. So I can't see Nick saying no if asked, but the stars don't seem to be lining up for him either.

Want: 30% - I wouldn't mind him, he was very unique for a Nick property and has a cool design. But there's so many bigger Nick characters that I wanna see that he wouldn't particularly excite me either.

Nominations:
Cousin Skeeter x10
Phoebe Heyerdahl x10

Predictions:
Concept: More Alternate Costumes - 0.18% - I can see it happening in a sequel, but the budget likely isn't going towards small cosmetics additions so I don't see many confident scores.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rango chance: 0.2%
I feel like every other argument for or against Rango is moot when you consider that he uses a realistic pistol. There really isn't much else to say - I guess they could make a gunless Rango moveset with general cowboy tropes and references to gags from the movie, but I can't imagine that hurdle being surpassed in the first place when talking to Nick.

16 noms to Heathcliff, 20 noms to cel shading, 55 noms for Ebenezer, 37 noms for SpongeBob spin-off rep, 56 noms for Concept: expanded training mode, 60 noms for Horrid Henry, 45 noms for THQ representation, 6 noms for Splaat, 56 noms for Dennis the Bounty Hunter, 20 noms for Terrytoons rep, 50 noms for Swiper, 40 noms for Stu, 50 noms for Fishbunjin, and the rest (if any) for Filburt

Alts prediction: 4%

Last edited:
MultiVersus Collaboration
Chance: 0.5%
Both fighting games and their companies are in serious competition with each other. That alone should prove how unlikely this would be.

Want: 50%
Yes, I do want to see Bugs Bunny in NASB, because Nickelodeon helped jumpstart the renaissance of Looney Tunes content in the 90s. Heck, it's likely that a Bugs Bunny short aired between July and September of 1999, the final months of Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon. And yes, this is why I give it such a high want score.

Rango Sunn (AKA: Not a Beatle)
Chance: 1%
If people request him hard enough, he may get in. But with all that he's got against him, I doubt the likelihood of Rango getting into this game, or even the sequel.

Want: 25%
I would be intrigued, and I would want to play as him once in a while. I am willing to admit that.

Predictions:
Concept: More Alt Costumes - 10%
I can actually see a couple more alt costumes for this game, but I also know that they're saving the budget for the inevitable sequel. So, yeah.

Nominations:
Heathcliff x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Let's go with the lizard first.

Chance: 6%

I'll give him some credit since Rango did made a big splash when it first came out. Granted it's been long-past that point and the director has stated in a Reddit AMA that he isn't interested in a sequel. So there isn't much motivation for the team to add him right now. In one of the future games I could see him making it in, but I don't think it's his time yet.

One thing I do want to say is Rango having a realistic pistol isn't an issue imo. They could just easily have it be modified to be more cartoonish. And if it's still an issue they would probably be fine without it in the moveset. After all it's a cartoon western and the devs have done wonders with movesets already.

It would be cool to have a character like this that came from the film side of Nickelodeon. As for the film itself, I remember finding it boring but granted I was around 12 at the time and with me being 23 now my movie tastes have significantly changed. I'll probably give the movie another shot in the future, but right now I'm just neutral on the guy.

Now for the thing that I'm associated with.

Chance: 0.0001% (Just count this as a 0% because realistically it's not happening)

Where do I even begin with this? First, Paramount and Warner Bros are competitors. That's not to say that they would never collaborate, but I can't think of any recent projects that they've done together that would entice them to do more collabs. Second, I just think that the games are vastly different when it comes to their visions that it makes it hard for me to imagine the two studios reaching out. Ludosity is doing their own thing trying to work with a shoestring budget, while Player First Games likely has some troubles going on behind the scenes because they had no new characters for 4 straight months. Oh yeah, and MultiVersus is shutting down for about a year. Now granted I think people are getting way too carried away with the doomposting, but the game's future is in question which puts the idea of them collaborating with any other game into question.

It would be quite cool to have a collab between the games. Although it's not like I'm dying to see it happen.

Prediction - 5%

Noms: Clone characters x10

D

Deleted member

Abstain on Rango

Chance - 0.1
MVS and NASB are technically competing games, both being platform fighters featuring beloved characters and both following in the footsteps of Smash. But the comparison ends there. Both teams have been fairly complimentary of each other, and I honestly think the audiences are different enough. There are people, myself included, who play both, and there are people who play just ine, but I don't think they really compete with each other. But I'm still not sure I see this. First. Let's get the elephants out of the bag . MVS is currently offline and not on sale, due to be re-released next year, and NASB is currently inactive and potentially between games if you believe certain leaks. Both games have things to focus on before trying anything like this. I think MVS will likely focus on gettng popular fan requests like the Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jaxk, Ben 10, Daffy Duck, Scorpion, etc, before they start doing guest stuff like this. They need to win back trust before they go crazy. I also think NASB has carved out its niche. There is one other thing I'd like to bring up. YouTuber PapaGenos did a stream recently in which he made a bunch of claims about apparent behind the scenes plans at PFG, and one thing he claimed was that Paramount, who merged with Viacom and thus now own Nickelodeon, reached out to PFG and said they could use a certain yellow sea sponge in MVS. Now its all up to you if you choose to believe this. I don't really personally, and even if it is something that happened that doesn't mean it will happen. But if does bring up an interesting point. Nick could get a rep in MVS and make no mention of NASB, I wouldn't put that above Paramount. I don't think it will happen, but I think its more likely than some sort of duel game crossover.

Want - 5%
I like both of these games , but I don't really need this. It would be fun to see how PFG adapt Spongebob or the TMNT, or how Ludosity adapt Bugs Bunny or Finn & Jake. But I don't need these games to become Fortnite, I play NASB for Nickelodeon characters and I played MVS for WB characters. I don't like the idea that people want MVS to add stuff like Optimus Prime, Jojo, Halo and whatever before we get more big name WB reps. And I'd feel similar about NASB. There are a couple of guest characters like Danger Mouse, A DreamWorks rep or a Power Ranger where I think they'd be be kinda neat from a historical perspective, but I don't want them to just start throwing anything in just because they can. Finn and Jake would probably have been a fun historical pick, but them being pretty well implemented in a platform fighter makes me not really want them here. I do think some sort of duel game team up could be interesting and cool from a historical perspective, a you get one character we get one deal, but I think the novelty might wear off.

Noms to Rabbids, Ape Escape Monkies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
MVS crossover: 0%
What is there to crossover? Neither have particularly iconic imagery to expand beyond mere roster overlap and NASB doesn't even have any extra cosmetic content that could be used as a vehicle for crossovers.

Want: 20%
Anything to end these dumb "fan wars". Anything. That being said, the fact that I can't visualise this in my head like Cthulhu knocks it down a lot.

Any extra noms from this for Filburt

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Rango
Chance: 2.3%
Want: 35%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 2%! You get 20 Extra noms!

Concept: Multiversus Collaboration
Chance: 0.1%
Want: 27%

Winner is DrifloonEmpire DrifloonEmpire with 0%! I get 10 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:
DrifloonEmpire: 10

Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo) x66
Swiper x63
Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 x63
Stu Pickles x61
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Concept: Camp Koral and/or Patrick Show representation x60
Concept: Cel-shaded graphics in NASB 2 x60
Concept: THQ Nicktoons games acknowledgement or representation x60
Horrid Henry x60
Concept: Expanded Training Mode x56
Dennis the Bounty Hunter x56
Ickis x55
Cousin Skeeter x55
Ebenezer T. Squint x55
Terrytoons representation x51
Asami Sato x45
Concept: DLC Clone Characters x45
Nancy Drew x45
Johnny Knoxville x35
Phoebe Heyerdahl x35
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Gnorm Gnat x9
Ape Escape Monkeys x5
Rabbids x5

DAY OVER

Rate Concept: More Alt Costumes

Predict Heathcliff

More Alt Costumes

Chance: 20% -
More than likely for a sequel, but for now it's up in the air. We don't know if this game is even continuing, given the radio silence from the devs, and the DLC budget is more than likely going to just characters/stages/music for said stages. There's plenty of demand for more alts, and it wouldn't be costly to make, but with the complete lull in activity I don't expect much left for this game.

Want: 100% - Can't say no to more content! Furthermore, I love how the alts seperate themselves from Smash by being actual costumes/coloration the characters had/wore in certain episodes and other media. Alongside this, some characters have VERY underwhelming alts, so the oppurtunity to give them some better ones sounds great in my book!

Nominations:
Cousin Skeeter x10
Phoebe Heyerdahl x10

Predictions:
Heathcliff - 0.16% - While Nick did air his show back in the 80's, Nick does not own him, nor would they be interested in a brand that compares itself to Garfield in the way it does. No fan demand either, which means no confident scores.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
More alts: 50% for updates, 100% for sequel
Assuming this game is getting more content at all (which I feel you kinda need to do with the current state of the thread, even if it's very unrealistic), I think this would be one of the first priorities - they know more about what Nick does and doesn't allow now so they'd be able to specifically choose the right alts. That being said, I think that if they had the time and resources for extra alts, they'd probably already have them by now.

Heathcliff prediction: 0%
I just nommed this one for the memes, more a "want scores" than a "chance scores" nom.

All noms for Gnorm Gnat.

Window Shopping (I don't know why.)
Chance: Abstain.
It's an honest toss-up whether it's likely or not.

Want: 90%
More content is good. I should just say that. But there is the fact that there's potential for alts out the wazoo. Like, there's already reference material for Spongebob dressed as Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs from the show's history. Just a thought for one.

Predictions:
Heathcliff: 5%
I might be overrating Heathcliff here, but if Nick decides to add Playstation All-Stars-style rivalries, Garfield's would absolutely be Heathcliff.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
dat sick drip, dude...or something...idk i'm too old for that slang
Chance: 1% for update, 100% for sequel
I think I've already made myself clear on what my thoughts are on if they should do any more major updates on NASB1 (except maybe crossplay but only because we already know they're working on it). But for a sequel, they have a chance for alts to not be so-last-minute-they-have-to-be-part-of-an-update, so I don't see how we wouldn't have at least 4 per character this time. Everyone's assuming NASB2 would have more focus on casual content anyway, and 4 player matches are part of casual play, so they have to accommodate for a case where all 4 players want to play the same character.

Want: 100%.
I literally don't know how anyone could have a lower want rating for this. Even when you don't want 4 player mirror matches to be confusing, alts have the benefit of...well, being more color options, or at least the closest they can get.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Concept: More Alternate Costumes
Chance: 23.66%
Want: 96.66%

Nobody was within 10% of the result, so no extra noms will be awarded today!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:

Cousin Skeeter x65
Swiper x63
Stu Pickles x61
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Horrid Henry x60
Ickis x55
Ebenezer T. Squint x55
Asami Sato x45
Phoebe Heyerdahl x45
Nancy Drew x45
Johnny Knoxville x35
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Gnorm Gnat x19
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Ape Escape Monkeys x5
Rabbids x5

DAY OVER

Rate Heathcliff

Predict Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo)

Heathcliff

Chance: 0% - Confident that we won't be seeing this orange cat anytime soon, if ever. We already have Garfield in the game, and Heathcliff pretty much markets himself these days as "the orange cat BEFORE Garfield", which is something that Paramount would more than likely not want to entertain. While Heathcliff DID air on Nick back before Nicktoons began, Nick does not own him, and thus he would have to be licensed. Pair that up with a lack of fan demand, and you get an overall lack of motive to license the character.

Want: 20% - It'd be pretty funny to see him duke it out with Garfield, but there's way better third party picks to spend the budget on, and there's still too many Nick superstars left to add. Diverting budget to this bizarre choice wouldn't be a good idea, and is not something I'd want to see.

Nominations:
Phoebe Heyerdahl x10

Predictions:
Splaat - 0% - While Splaat is certainly memorable, it's still just a logo with no fan demand, and thus basically no shot at getting a character slot. While I can see it being represented in another way, I don't expect confident scores.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Nicktoons love the meat tank: 0%
I don't think "Heathcliff makes fun of Garfield" is a big issue - cartoons make fun of one another all the time, both in a friendly and spiteful way, nothing about Heathcliff's "the ORIGINAL orange cat" marketing is that out of the ordinary. What I do think is an issue is 1. Heathcliff's extremely minor Nick connections, 2. the character's general obscurity in the modern day, 3. just the general nature of guests, and 4. - a problem unique to Heathcliff - Heathcliff primarily existing as a newspaper comic rather than an animated cartoon, a comic which has become drastically different from how it was when the animated adaptation (which wasn't even that similar to the comics as is) came out. The Heathcliff cartoon, while fondly remembered by many and notable for being one of Mel Blanc's final roles as well as kickstarting Chuck Lorre's career, isn't considered an all-time classic like Garfield & Friends; the Peanuts specials; or any of the many Addams Family shows, but is also the most well known iteration of Heathcliff, which makes the character inclusion a little awkward since Heathcliff would only really be worth including if he were representing his more niche modern strips - which are cryptic enough to confuse even people familiar with their formula, let alone people who may be unfamiliar with what Heathcliff has been up to since the 80s - rather than his original "Garfield-but-naughtier" strips.

Want: 97%
I get it, guests are a waste of budget, and insulting with quite a few major Nick shows not yet represented, but like... Garfield vs. Heathcliff in an official (on both sides) context? Who could pass that up! I also think he could have a really fun NASB-style moveset with all the dadaist running... gags? the franchise has embraced in recent years. My main hesitation is that I feel having the modern ham-car-driving, robot-befriending Heathcliff appear in anything other than a comic could kinda ruin the joke? Like, I think part of the fun of the weird Heathcliff comics comes from the "Heathcliff STILL EXISTS?" factor - then again, a Heathcliff movie is in the works so there's really nothing you can do to prolong that element of the novelty.

Splaat prediction: 2%
Probably gonna rank less likely than this myself, but I can imagine some confidence

10 noms for Horrid Henry, 10 noms for cel shading, the rest (if any) for Gnorm Gnat.

Last edited:
The Catillac Cat Came Back
Chance: 0.1%
I'm not seeing it. Not now, not later, not ever. Garfield is the better orange cat for numerous reasons, anyway.

Want: 85%
I've heard of Heathcliff, which makes it a good enough reason for me to want him in a fighting game. Blame the Smash Bros. effect of "liking character means wanting him/her/it to fight" on that one.

Splaat's Chances: 5%
I mean, he's the personified logo for Nick's biggest out-of-pocket cartoon supplier. Do Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, or Aaahh!!! Real Monsters not ring any bells?

Put all my nominations on Concept: Disney representation.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
SneakyLink SneakyLink

Heathcliff
Chance: 0.03%
Want: 67.33%

Winner is Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario with 0%! You get 20 Extra noms!

Noms List:

EXTRA NOMS:

Swiper x63
Stu Pickles x61
Rudy Tabootie x60
Casey Jones x60
Denzel Crocker x60
Edgar and Ellen x60
Concept: Disney representation x60
Horrid Henry x60
Gnorm Gnat x59
Ickis x55
Ebenezer T. Squint x55
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Asami Sato x45
Phoebe Heyerdahl x55
Nancy Drew x45
Johnny Knoxville x35
Betty Boop x25
Mina and the Count x25
Ultra Lord x20
Mrs. Puff x20
Filburt x20
The Goose Lady x20
Mr. Horse x15
Speed Racer x15
Reggie Rocket x15
David the Gnome x15
Mighty Mouse x15
Captain MooBeard x15
Count Duckula x14
Mikey Simon (Rerate) x14
Vicky x10
Prometheus x10
Professor Calamitous x10
Bert the Fish x10
Man Ray x10
Pigeon Man x10
Ape Escape Monkeys x5
Rabbids x5

DAY OVER

Rate Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo)

Predict Cousin Skeeter

Splaat (Klasky Csupo logo)

Chance: 0% -
Can't really see any avenue for Splaat to get in as a character. Aside from a lack of moveset potential, he doesn't have any fan demand whatsoever despite his memorability. Alongside this, there's loads of other Klasky-Csupo characters that could be chosen instead, most of which have BOTH more fan demand and moveset potential, so I can't see them ever passing up all of them for Splaat.

Want: 0% - I wouldn't mind at all if he was represented in some form, such as a theoretical assist, stage, etc. But as a full-on character? Definitly not! Splaat's VERY memorable, but he's still just a logo compared to the many other ways you could give Klasky-Csupo more representation. And if we do give them more, I'd rather see Otto Rocket, or Tommy, or Eliza, or pretty much any ofb their characters in a character slot over the logo.

Nominations:
Disney Representation x10

Predictions:
Cousin Skeeter - 5% - Both being 90's and a memorable live action character with none of the issues typical live action characters face definitely puts him in a decent spot.

Last edited:
Splaat the Logo
I mean, it could happen, but I seriously doubt it.

Want: 25%
Not before a Rugrat, Eliza Thornberry, Ickis, or Otto. Please!

Prediction:
Cousin Skeeter - 10%
Being an animated character by a technicality does do him some tiny favors to getting in, but he comes from a live-action series, which retracts said favors.

Also, didn't I put all my noms on Disney representation the previous day? Am I too late for that?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Will rate and nom later, but why haven't my extra votes been used, even though I've tried to use them two times before?
I'll add them now, I've mentioned it before, but I only allocate someone's extra noms when they specifically mention it, I don't want to accidentally upset someone by using their extra noms when they didn't want them used. Alongside that, "All noms towards x" is also often used to just refer to all of the noms earned for that post (5 or 10). Which makes it a bit confusing at times.

Also, didn't I put all my noms on Disney representation the previous day? Am I too late for that?
Yes, but you have 110 noms so you should be fine! xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom