• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 148 - Concept: Doom Patrol content and Mr. Frog (Smiling Friends)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My apologies for triple posting. Please don't pull a Monokuma and punish me moderators.

I always lmao at his cameo in Billy and Mandy

Chance: 50%

It's true that Hanna-Barbera hasn't gotten much attention to say the least, but Yogi Bear has been an evergreen character for so long that he makes so much sense. He's still getting material here and there to my knowledge, and he's iconic for sure. Even with the odds stacked against him for not being a heavy-hitting fan favorite or having too much shill potential, I still think he's got a realistic shot.

Want: 50%

I did watch some of the cartoons as a kid and I do remember watching the live-action film which I remember being just ok. But even with that mild nostalgia I don't feel much of anything about Yogi Bear. He's one of those characters like Fred Flintstone or Rosie the Robot where I can totally respect the inclusion and I do see him being a great match for the game. But otherwise I just don't care.

Fruit of the Lum

Chance: 1%

Manga/anime characters are still a big question mark for MultiVersus, and even putting aside the miniscule connection to Warner Bros, I don't see this being feasible. From my research, Urusei Yatsura is very popular in Japan, but it never really took off here in the West. And even if it did gain some traction, it still has to tackle with the likes of DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, JoJo, and other manga franchises that have stronger ties to Warner Bros and are much more marketable to the western audiences which this game is clearly appealing to.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I have zero experience with this franchise or even have much knowledge on it. Thus, I don't have any strong feelings on it.

Noms:
Studio Ghibli content x6
Shang Tsung x1
Jay Gatsby x1
Rick Flag x1
Professor Fate x1

Noms List - Before Lockdown

50+
Ted Turner x60

25-49
Krypto the Superdog x45
Concept: Doom Patrol content x40
Mr. Frog x40
Watchmen rep x37
Concept: What a Cartoon! content x37
Rosie the Robot x36
Gabriel (Malignant) x35
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x34
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x32
Shang Tsung x31
Jay Gatsby x31
Rick Flag x31
Professor Fate x31
Snagglepuss x30
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25
Tanjiro x25
Tin Man x25
Muggle (Capitol Critters) x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Butcher (Trap) x20
Merlin the Magic Mouse x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Studio Ghibli content x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Darla Dimple x15
Bart (Blazing Saddles) x15
Salem's Lot content x15
Concept: My Hero Academia character x12
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Goonies rep x8
The Penguin x8
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
Dexter x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Rick and Morty The Anime content x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 147 - Ted Turner and Krypto the Superdog (DC Comics)
Day 148 - Concept: Doom Patrol content and Mr. Frog (Smiling Friends)
Day 149 - Concept: Watchmen rep and Concept: What a Cartoon! content
Day 150 - Rosie the Robot (The Jetsons) and Gabriel (Malignant)
Day 151 - Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) and Kazuma and Co. (Konosuba)
Day 152 - Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat) and Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby)
Day 153 - Rick Flag (DC Comics) and Professor Fate (The Great Race)

Noms List - After Lockdown

50+

25-49
Snagglepuss x30
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25
Tanjiro x25
Tin Man x25
Muggle (Capitol Critters) x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Butcher (Trap) x20
Merlin the Magic Mouse x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Studio Ghibli content x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Darla Dimple x15
Bart (Blazing Saddles) x15
Salem's Lot content x15
Concept: My Hero Academia character x12
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Goonies rep x8
The Penguin x8
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
Dexter x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Rick and Morty The Anime content x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

Day over.

Rate Ted Turner (Yes, that Ted Turner), as well as Krypto the Superdog.

Ted Turner
Chance: 0%
Ted Turner is a human from the real world who...oh come on. Do you really expect a history lesson on who Ted Turner is? I think a sizable chunk of the MultiVersus fandom know who Ted Turner is.

Regardless, I think he's even less plausible than LeBron James. Sure, Ted has a lot more WB connections on his place, but has anyone even seen him fight? At all? At least LeBron is athletic.

Want: 0%
I draw the line at real people entering a fighting game centered around fictional characters. You want to make a fighting game with real people in it? Fine. Just make the real people the focal point instead of shoehorning them into a crossover.

But who in their right mind would ask for Ted Turner in MultiVersus? If the guy's catalog is anything to go by, he should receive residuals for Shaggy, Tom and Jerry, The Powerpuff Girls, and even Bugs Bunny appearing in this game. I'd sooner ask for the AVGN over Ted Turner, because that's a persona of a person, not a real person.

He's super smart! In every way!
Krypto the Superdog is Superman's pet canine from Krypton. As is to be expected, he can fly, shoot laser beams and produce an ear-piercing bark. And that's just for starters. Not to mention that he even got his own theatrical feature film and a Scooby-Doo crossover movie within the past two years. Speaking of Scooby, his own cartoon show from the mid-2000s took inspiration from Hanna-Barbera, and he even used the Dynomutt pose in the opening.

Want: 75%
This high want rating goes multiple ways for me. Not only do I like seeing wacky picks added to a fighting game roster, but he adds another Superman character to the roster. This is why I've warmed up in Nubia, because at least she's not a Batman character. We have three of those already.

Noms:
Polka Dot Man x3
Red Guy x2

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Chance - 50%
Superman's loyal dog. His origin had changed over the years, though is most often actually Kal-el's childhood dog from Krypton. Krypto has always been a really interesting part of Superman lore. First introduced during the 50s during a particularly weird and inventive time in Superman's history, alongside other animal characters like Streaky the Supercat and Beppo the Supermonkey. Unlike those, Krypto has stayed around, being often paired with Superboy in modern times.

Krypto has also had a pretty big presence outside of comics. He got his own cartoon in the 2000s, and was also the lead of the film League of Superpets, which was actually pretty successful, and he also had a direct to streaming crossover with Scooby-Doo last year. He's also set to have some kind of role in next year's Superman movie. He's recurring enough in DC that he wouldn't be completely out of the blue. He does have to contend with other Superman characters like Lex Luthor, Braianc and Supergirl. The option for Shaggy and Scooby vs Supes and Krypto duo battles is something I could see them wanting to tap into

We have evidence Krypto was seemingly considered for Injustice 2, so DC aren't opposed to putting the super powered pooch into a fighting game. We know the team have an interest in including weirder more off the wall picks, which Superman's dog would definitely count towards. I suppose there's also the issue of him issue being hard to develop for, but we already had Raindog so I don't think it would be a big issue. I don't think he's coming any time soon, but it's not impossible

Want - 60
Krypto is a fun character. I have fond memories of the 2000's cartoon, and I just think Superman having a dog who also happens to have the same superpowers that he does is very funny in that old comic book superhero way. I could picture him having a very funny moveset what with him flying around, biting and using his laser eyes. I'd be cool with it.

Noms:
David (Lost Boys)
Sam (Trick 'r' Treat)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Just passing here
These are my nominations:
Concept: Road Rovers rep
Buster Bear (1st WB cartoon character, before the Looney Tunes)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ted Turner colourises the competition!
Chance: 0.02%
Yep, it's a real guy. He's not really impossible per say, he hasn't got many meaningful controversies to his name, but it's just a ridiculous concept and it's basically impossible to make a moveset for him because literally the entire moveset potential is based in the decades-old colourising joke absolutely nobody would get. It's pretty clear MVS' devs don't care that much about WB history, especially on the corporate side, so I doubt there's much interest in any BTS stuff beyond that represented within the source material themselves (Animaniacs, e.t.c.)

Want: 0.01%
Let me be frank here, I only nominated this because I wanted to make fun of how Smash fans used to want Reggie/Iwata in the game. It would be funny for 3 seconds, so there's that, but yeah, worshipping corporate figures in the same breath as cartoons and superheroes - even ironically - is dumb dumb.

All noms for Muggle.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Krypto The Super Dog

Chance: 33%

Krypto is the Superman's dog, that he makes part from Superman's mythos,and that was crazy that the own Superman have a pet,DC on Gold era from comic books was weird,Krypto got a cartoon on 2000s and he is one of the main characters from League of The Super Pets,for his moveset,that's easy that he is quadrupeal fighter but with supes attacks,that not sounds a clone cause that Krypto can have different moves on his moveset,and he is a great choice.

Want: 100%

(breathes) oh man,Krypto gives to me a nostalgia of watching his cartoon, that is a very good cartoon, and as i said,he could have a good moveset

Norms:
Sauron
Princess Bubblegum
Pim & Charlie
Harry Potter

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Ted Turner
1%: Ted Turner is a well known american television man who founded various tv networks including CNN, TBS, and created Turner Enterprises(I believe), he has history most known for merging with time warner which is the main parent company for warner brothers.

i think a playable character role would not be bad but i don't think it's necessary to do, at best i think he's better off having a reference somewhere in the game whether it be on a description for a banner or have a painting of him with the time warner company as a banner for some fancy options for players to pick.

0%: I heard of him but i barely know him.

"It's Superdog Time"
Spins around and transforms
"Ruff-Ruff and Away!"-Krypto

Alternate Opening
"Krypto the SuperDog in...Multi-Chance Time!
Written and Edited by Ivan R. Lerma, Directed by Scott Gerald(Not Really)"

Krypto the SuperDog
Theme Song: Krypto the SuperDog
55%:
Krypto the SuperDog
Krypto, Krypto the SuperDog
Krypto (it's SuperDog time!)
Who's krypto? He’s a SuperDog, he’s a superhero, he came from earth to outer space, and his name is krypto.
(He’s super smart, in every way)

Okay, ok, ok! Theme song aside, Krypto is obviously a Superman Character from the DC Universe originating in the comics since 1955. He’s the pet dog of Superman and was one of the other kryptonians that survived the destruction of the planet(but from what i read he wasn’t even there during the event), despite how many times DC tried to kill him or retcon him out though he’s still manage to continue being in people’s minds and is a long staying character for Superman’s allies.

He’s appeared in various cartoon shows such as Batman: The Brave & The Bold, A Cameo in Superman: The Animated Series, was in TTG because why not, and he had his own animated show for Kids WB which is fondly remembered & is inspired by hanna-barbera’s original art with the designs.

Plus, the theme song is catchy.

He’s also in animated movies too plus his theatrical film “DC’s League of Super-Pets” were he’s in a league of super pets trying to save their owners from Lex Luthor(and his guinea pig, Lulu) played by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and while he didn’t get a spot in Injustice he did appear in other dc video games as a playable character(The Lego Games and Infinite Crisis) or manage to have an appearance(DC Online Universe).

I feel like he would’ve had a higher chance of getting in to promote DC’s League of Super-Pets around 2022 though unfortunately that time has passed and even then PFG weren’t thinking of using Krypto, so now it’s just whether or not they would want to put him in or not, he could get a chance with the upcoming superman movie as he is slated to appear though it’ll take a couple of rivalries from others to go through(Kara and Lex), while unlikely there’s still an open door for him.

Alternate Theme Song: Eye of the Tiger/Scooby-Doo! and Krypto Too!
49.9%: Despite not having seen it for so long, I do have a fond memory of Krypto the SuperDog from his cartoon show, back then I did like krypto for his design thinking it was good and cool. I also saw him in a DC comic my brother got and was sad to see him die and even finding out that he was killed off there (:sadeyes:).

Krypto wouldn’t be bad and realistically he would play a little differently from Clark & even Scooby-Doo! Although I feel like he’d over bloat the roster with how many superman characters get in the game and while it’d be nice to see him in the game i feel he’d not be top priority with Lex Luthor, Supergirl, and even Lois Lane getting in before him, it’d be a little too late to add him in by then if it goes that way.

Again, he’d be nice and I'd like to see his cartoon incarnation as either the main version or a costume variant but he’s not really on my top list of wanted characters, sadly.

My Nominations
-Salem’s Lot
-Tanjiro

Edit at 10/17/24 at 8:37 PM: I added my ratings on Ted Turner even though i didn't had much time and tried to express what i would feel about him in the game, i also upgrated krypto's chance score after seeing the teaser he's in for the superman movie.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ted Turner

Chance: 0.01%

I guess this is possible? But it's the type of choice that manages to be out of left field and too ridiculous for even a game as wacky and all over the place as MultiVersus. I can't really fathom the team wanting to go for this, nor would Ted Turner probably be chill with being included in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I simply see this as unrealistic.

Want: 0%

Look I have nothing against adding real people to this game. But if you are gonna do it, at least pick someone interesting like Jackie Chan or someone comedic. Just anybody other than a businessman who would struggle to have a relevant and coherent moveset.

Nostalgia Dog

I can definitely see this. Krypto is a pretty popular character who had his own show, is the star of a movie a couple years back, and is generally a recurring character in the DC franchise. I can also see the team wanting to add some more variety with more quadrupedal characters and Krypto is probably a frontrunner in that regard. Plus, he is confirmed to be in the new Superman film so

Want: 75%

With DC characters I'm mostly apathetic towards their inclusion at this point. But Krypto is one of those characters that would actively trigger some level of excitement in me. I'm one of those people that has some nostalgia from the cartoon and it would be so cool to have more dog characters (and animals in general) added to the roster.

Noms: Studio Ghibli content x10

Day over.

Rate Concept: Doom Patrol content, as well as Mr. Frog from Smiling Friends.

Beast Boy's Old Team

Doom Patrol is a DC Comics franchise, and yet it hasn't reached past the comics much besides a live-action series. But really, the main claim to fame this team has is being the original home of Garfield "Beast Boy" Logan. With that said, at least it's not a Batman character getting in this time, which I would be okay with. And with the spreading rumor that Raven could be one of our next characters, a second Teen Titan getting in wouldn't be out of the realm of impossibility.

As for who could get in, my money's on Negative Man being the character to pick. Elasti-Girl sounds too much like the Incredibles mother of the same identity, Danny the Street would wear thin after getting revealed, and not many others are as well-known as the rest of the DC pantheon.

Mr. President
Chance: 55%
Want: 70%

Mr. Frog is a breakout star on Adult Swim's newest cash cow, Smiling Friends. In fact, he became a recurring character in the second season. However, he may be overshadowed by Gwimbly, the next breakout star they invented. I'd still consider him a possibility, and one I'd be in favor of including down the line.

Noms to The Grinch.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Chance - 0%
C'mon. This is a real person, and a real person who has little moveset potential or crossover appeal with the audience for this game. Sure. He's very important to the history of WB, but If someone is under the age of like, 40 and isn't from America then it's unlikely they even really know who Ted Turner is. What would he even do for a moveset? This isn't happening, we'd probably get David Zaslav (shudder) before this

Want - 0%
I'm all for funny haha weird picks but I have no idea who this would even be for. Don't like real people in games, LeBron is already something I'm iffy on, adding actual CEOs would be a step way too far. (Yes, I think adding Reggie or Sakurai or wherever to Smash would be lame too)

Noms to the Butcher and Spawn

Top Bottom