• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 132 - Osmosis Jones, Concept: Venture Bros. rep, Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Barbie

Chance: 68%

well,the Barbie movie is a successful movie on last year,and she can could be a good fighter,and by that i know,barbie cartoons and movies were on cartoon network channel,barbie could be have a moveset who could be a taunt bait

Want: 14%

i'm not a Barbie fan,but it could be okay,by the live-action movie's success

Willy Wonka

Chance: 44%

Wonka as a fighter is a crazy pick,and could be okay him as a fighter

Want: 20%

i know that Willy Wonka is iconic,but i see that he don't works as a fighter,and which Wonka i could choose is Johnny Deep Wonka,but let's ignore that discussion of Deep with Amber Heard,okay?

darkvortex

Smash Champion
C'mon Barbie, let's go Party.
Chance - 65%
Barbie was a massive hit for WB. Like. Keep the company afloat during a hard year type hit. Big money. It was impossible to not encounter merchandise or promotion for this film last year. You could not walk into a store without seeing clothing or toys or having that one Dua Lipa song playing. It made so much money at the box office. It is certainly something I could see Warner and PFG wanting to tap into. The game have actually publicly acknowledged the memes around Barbie. Barbie is actually a perfect characters for MVS's live service model of selling expensive cosmetics as there are so many different costumes they could pull from.

There may be some potential roadblocks. Namely the fact that Warner don't actually own the Barbie IP. Mattel do, but we know guest characters are something the team are not opposed to including and we've already seen fringe cases like Jason so I don't think this would really be an issue at all. Another possible issue is that we're a year on from Barbie and we don't know if there's gonna be any sequels or anything. There has been talk of a Greta Gerwig-less sequel (a terrible idea by the way!) but the sources don't seem to be great. As far as we know WB aren't doing anything else with the universe. I do wonder if there not being anything new to promote may make this less likely, but once again I don't see really see it. Movie Barbie also means they would have to use the likeness of one of the most famous actors in the world right now, though they could probably get around this by going with a more toonified take on the character or a more doll inspired take. It's not impossible that they go for Ken instead. He's very much the break out character of the film and has the meme factor that this game is so desperately chasing, i do really think Barbie has a real strong chance of happening but I just wonder if timing and costs may be what prevent her from getting in. I feel we may have heard rumblings already if she was planned. But the film was so huge for WB I gotta rate it high still.

Want - 80%
Barbie is not something I cared about really, but I adored the film. I though it was very inventive and fun and had a really strong message for kids of all the varing genders, despite what right wing angry grown men on the internet will tell you. Robbie's take on Barbie is really fun, even if by design she's probably one of the more generic characters in her own film. I do wonder what you'd do for her moveset but I think they could do something fun with changing her outfits and the swap out nature of a doll. Her interactions with characters like Arya or the PPG would be good. If this was a more general Mattel doll version of Barbie? I'd still be down but I wouldn't be as excited. It'd still be a funny pick and a big get. Stage could be really cool too. I do think Ken would be really cool too just for the memes alone.

Pure Imagination
Chance - 70%
Wonka was another massive hit for WB, and unlike Barbie a sequel is apparently planned for a few years time. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is incredibly iconic and one of those all time classic films that would fit right alongside the likes of Wizard of Oz and Gremlins. It's something everyone knows. Warner did put out both the Tim Burton remake and the just mentioned Wonka prequel movie. They even put out the Tom and Jerry crossover that exists for some reason. They (I believe? this stuff is hard to keep with) now own the distribution rights to the original Gene Wilder version after a deal with Quacker Oats (no, really). So I think Willy Wonka has more than enough ties to Warner by this point. I think the biggest thing in Willy's way may be that they'd still have to get the rights to the mad chocolater himself. They'd have to go the Roal Daul estate and we have no way of knowing how they'd feel about putting him in a game like this. There's not really any prescient for it as I can't find any examples online other than a few mobile games.

I do think with how huge Wonka was and with a sequel rumoured, Wonka feels likey. I do wonder which version they would choose to go with. Chalamet is what's hot right now, and we know he's open to ring included in games due to the many Dune crossovers. The game does tend to lean with older versions though and there was the aforementioned Tom and Jerry movie, so I think Wilder would end up being the default with a ludicrously expensive Wonka skin sold later.

Want - 96%
This would be very fun. I haven't seen Wonka yet but I have a lot of love for the original. One of my all time favourite childhood films. The is actually a lot you could for a moveset. Throwing gobstopers, exploding candy, violet bubblegum, fizzy lifting drinks. There's a lot there to pull from with all his crazy confectionery inventions. A stage set in the Chocolate Factory would also be very fun, going down the chocolate river. I don't really mind which version they go with as along as it's not the Burton version. Please.

Noms to Furiosa

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Literally Me

Chance - 5%/90%/45%. Barbie is the most successful movie Warner Brothers has ever made (not accounting for inflation). It was also extremely well received, being a genuine contender for some awards. By all accounts she should be a shoo-in for Multiversus, right? Not quite, there are a few things that give me pause (at least in the short term). One of them is the necessary involvement of Mattel. I'm not sure how strict they are with Barbie, but requiring the involvement of any outside company can hurt a character's score (especially now that "this character can and will interact with Jason Vorhees" is part of the discussion). I'm not too concerned about that, though. Barbie in Multiversus would likely pull almost entirely from the 2023 movie, which is already more mature than usual Barbie fare. The biggest thing that hurts her, especially in the "short term" category, is timing. Multiversus has had shill picks before - Lebron James and Black Adam are obvious, and apparently an upcoming character (Aquaman) was originally intended to tie in with a recently released product. Barbie would have fit right in (with the only exception being that her movie was good). However, when the Barbie movie released and interest was at an all-time high, Multiversus was busy being dead. Now the game is back, but Barbie is kind of out of the spotlight and there's been no word on a sequel. She's kind of past the point of being a "promo pick", and is now just a... "pick". Obviously she's not impossible, it's just not as easy as it would have been if Barbie released one year earlier or one year later.

Also, if they add Barbie, I hope she's added at the same time as some Nolan-aligned character. We must keep the tradition going.

Willy McDuff, from Willy's Chocolate Experience

Chance - 15%/95%/55%. William Wonkason is in a similar situation to Barbie, both in the "missed the promo opening due to the game dying" area and the "involved with a third party" area. That being said, I feel Wonka has better odds when comparing the two. While both had big movies last year, this was the first meaningful Barbie movie - meanwhile, this is the third Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. In the domain of film and TV, which is what Multiversus is concerned with, Wonka is the bigger fish. There also seems to be a sequel to Paul Atredies' Wonda in development, meaning that it's a series that Warner would see value in adding to this game. The Roald Dahl estate is really the only roadblock - and I have no idea how big an issue they would be.

Noms to Swamp Thing.

Also, if they add Barbie, I hope she's added at the same time as some Nolan-aligned character. We must keep the tradition going.
If that pairing happens in MultiVersus, we'd most likely get our fourth Batman character in the game, due to The Dark Knight Trilogy. Odds are that slot would go to Scarecrow, Two-Face, Catwoman, or Bane in that case.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Neo
Chance: 42.5%
Want: 78%

Gandalf
Chance: 63%
Want: 79%

Noms List

50+
Gwimbly x68
Gundam x55
Tracy Turnblad x55

25-49
Wilt x48
Goober x45
Jackie Chan x41
Aquaman x40
Swamp Thing x37
Foghorn Leghorn x35
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
T-800 x35
Concept: Succession content x35
Concept: My Adventures With Superman content x31
Higan (Ninja Kamui) x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Mothra x30
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x29
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Black Dynamite x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
Lum the Invader x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Concept: Marvel characters x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
The Mask x5
Captain Planet x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1

In a big turn of events, Neo has fallen out of the Top 10 of chance and want. Chance-wise, that's not too surprising due to not just low confidence in the game, but the fact that Agent Smith came first which raised some eyebrows. But him falling a good amount in want is surprising. I'm just gonna chalk it up to the fact that many of the Neo fans who were here for his first rating did not come to participate for his rerate.

Because of Neo's absence, we now have The Powerpuff Girls in #10 for Chance, and Static has returned to the #10 spot in Want.

Barbonka

Let's start with Barbie

Chance: 25%

Again, I'm skeptical on third party characters at the moment so I'm being conservative with my score. But I do think Barbie is one of the big contenders. Barbenheimer was the movie event last year and Barbie made bank. While the hype for the movie has died down, there is still potential in the marketing synergy in bringing Barbie to MultiVersus as it is a big IP after all, plus I feel that the movie did draw in a bigger crowd to the brand, including some of the demographic that also plays MultiVersus.

One thing I do want to touch upon is that around the time when the game was about to reopen, I remember there was some Barbie-related promotional material floating around. While that doesn't guarantee that Barbie content is coming, it does raise an eyebrow. I mean, if you are gonna use a third party IP in marketing material, it makes sense that you'd probably also consider adding it to the game. But then again, the marketing for this game has been very wacky so who knows.

Want: 70%

I do love last year's Barbie film. It was a very funny, entertaining and poignant film that said some very important things about accepting yourself and learning to maintain your happiness without having a romantic partner. Plus the moveset potential is great with the core idea that Barbie can occupy any profession. Even now I wouldn't say I'm a big Barbie fan or anything, but the Greta Gerwig movie definitely made me more interested in having Barbie come to MultiVersus.

- - -- - - - - - -- - - -

Wonka

Chance: 25%

I don't have as much to say about Wonka. It is another big IP with a film that released last year that made a good amount of profit. Plus WB does have a decent history with the IP going back to the original film and since then they have had other cross-synergy productions like the Tom and Jerry/Willy Wonka film. Overall, Willy Wonka is simply an iconic character and brand. I do think it is one of the more likelier third party picks.

Want: 55%

This is the same score I gave to him last time. I haven't seen the new film but I've watched the other two when I was younger. This is a franchise that I have enjoyed, but never was that crazy about. It would be amusing to see Wonka in the game, but I wouldn't be too excited either.

Noms:
T-800 x5
Succession x10

Day over.

With the rerates over with, we now get to this trio who have been waiting for well over a year to get rated. They are the following:
  • Osmosis Jones
  • Concept: Venture Bros. rep
  • Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)
Here are some songs to get into the mood to battle germs because getting sick really, really sucks:

Here are some songs to get into the late night mood with your bros:

And here are some songs to get into the martial arts mood:

Keep in mind that this is the last day of the fixed schedule. Once this day is over, the next Top 14 will be locked in, so use your noms wisely. I will try to get the calcs for Barbie and Wonka out sometime soon.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Coming in here real quick just to rate Ryo, as I feel this is my area of expertise

Chance: 3%

Shenmue, for those unaware, is a classic series of open-world sandbox adventure games developed by SEGA, originally released for the Dreamcast. It follows the story of Ryo Hazuki, a teenager whose father was murdered by the feared criminal leader Lan Di, and who goes on a long, and possibly even futile, journey to get his revenge. It was developed by legendary SEGA creator Yu Suzuki, the man also responsible for Virtua Fighter and various 80s arcade titles, and it essentially served as a culmination of everything he had done up to that point - the series is chock-full of references to both his work and other SEGA properties. It was considered a massively innovative release for the time, acting as an early pioneer of that 3D sandbox style that would go on to become so common, recieved a crapton of industry acclaim and has an extremely devoted fanbase that swears by it to this day - so much so that, when a third entry was announced, the Kickstarter for it went on to be one of the fastest-funded ones in history. Though the series has certainly seen better days, as the recent third entry was rather poorly-received and still didn't finish the story, that dedicated following still persists, hoping for a continuation.

......So you might be wondering what kind of WB connections this series might have? Well, here's the gist of it - a few years back, there was a Shenmue animated series. It was funded by Adult Swim, and it aired on Adult Swim. Simple as that. As for if Ryo'd get in - I'd personally say no. The only entry he'd have into this game is if they wanted to promote the show......which ended after one season and has already been over for a couple years now. It kind of just came and went, and I'm sure it'd probably be the last thing on the devs' minds when thinking about recent projects they'd want to promote, and even when it did air, I'm not sure it exactly received top billing. There's also the fact that MultiVersus, while a big fan-pleasing crossover, is also a product - and to be honest, if they're already talking with SEGA to get someone in, I wonder if they'd just forgo the WB connections and pick out someone more popular instead - Shenmue has a big fan following, but it's not exactly mainstream either. So.....yeah, it's not looking good. The only window he'd ever have for inclusion - already a narrow window at that - is gone, and without that you're left with a character from a series that I just don't feel would ever be prioritized if they took the plunge on video game characters.

Want: 80%

Yeah, I'd be super down for Ryo! Shenmue isn't like, one of my favorite SEGA properties, but it's still a super interesting classic series with a big place in history, and I'd love to see Ryo finally show up in a fighting game. To be honest, when I first realized this was possible, I just thought it was funny that a slight intersection between my niche-ass interests and this game even existed, and so I started pushing him in sort of a tongue-in-cheek way from time to time. Unless someone at the dev team has the same kind of "find niche connections between WB stuff and the stuff they like" brainrot that I do, I don't see this happening, but I'd be very happy nonetheless. I did decide to knock my rating down slightly just because I'd rather see chars with more established WB connections, though.

All noms on David Mills (Se7en)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ahh yes, my favourite 2000s live-action lowbrow gross-out comedy
Chance: 28%
Osmosis Jones has got a gun, he's got a sidekick, and his world has a distinctive 2000s visual style to make a stage out of, he's a good fit for sure! I could see Osmosis Jones getting the same resurgance Iron Giant has gotten in merchandise in coming years, since it's already a cult hit and 2000s nostalgia is in vogue, but his chances hinge a lot on that prospect which has not come to be yet. Otherwise he's pretty out-prioritised unless P1G REALLY wants to add a representative for an original animated movie, where he's probably the next big pick, which isn't saying much - for a name that's pretty well associated with animation, WB has never had the best luck in feature-length cinematic toons, hmm...

Years ago... I was Warner Brothers...
Chance: 2%
sonic the heghodge company = no.

I guess I'll say one thing in defense of Ryo's chances, and that's that if guest characters are on the table, and they're not going to run off of "must be affiliated with WB" rules, Sonic seems like a somewhat reasonable one to expect - appeals to a similar audience; has an ongoing movie series; has 3 potential sidekicks to choose from for 2V2; would line up with the "beat Smash at their own game" rumor given how contentious his portrayal is; has a lot of crossovers especially with Western IPs... still not a double-digit likelihood, but I guess a Sega character could coat-tail off of Sonic theoretically, in the I dunno, 5% chance Sonic gets in, within the 14% chance we get guests not from new WB movies or meme campaigns.

All noms for the Cecils (Toonami UK 2006 Rebrand)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Osmosis Jones
Chance: 15%

Osmosis Jones is a movie that, much like the other WB Feature Animation films not named Space Jam, didn't do very well at the box office. However, much like The Iron Giant, it didn't stop there (like it did for, say, Quest for Camelot and to a less embarrassing extent Cats Don't Dance). While The Iron Giant had a home media resurgence due to strong word of mouth, Osmosis Jones...had a fairly successful Kids WB spinoff show, Ozzie and Drix. Was it mostly Saturday Morning Cartoon fare? Yeah, but it made the wait for new episodes of Pokémon Johto Journeys and the Yu-Gi-Oh Battle City arc more enjoyable.

So while it's not a movie that set the world on fire, it's far from some forgotten relic. People DO remember it. But only time will tell if WB and the team do.

Want: 50%
I really liked Osmosis Jones growing up, and the Ozzy and Drix show was good fun. Though honestly...I think I'd prefer Drix out of the duo. I've always really liked his design. I could see Ozzie himself do some cool things with his gun and flexible body though.

Fun fact: the TV show established that Drix's aunt is named Auntie Histamine and I just think that's funny.

Ryo Hazuki
Chance: 2%

I'm incredibly skeptical of third party characters due to the state of the game. In general I think they're never-evers unless they have massive connections to WB, like Barbie or Godzilla. That's not to say that Shenmue as a series has NO connections. It very much does. As stated, the Adult Swim connection IS there. But it's also something that, in the grand scheme of things, is fairly minor and growing more so by the year. The IP itself is also in a fairly awkward place right now, if I remember correctly. Over all it just seems like a bridge too far.

I'm perfectly neutral on this. I've never played Shenmue, but I know enough people who have that I'd be happy for them by proxy.

Venture Bros. Content
Chance: 50%

Timing is everything here. Venture Bros. is a fairly beloved Adult Swim property, but it also isn't the only one, and they may want to space them out. Aqua Teen, Primal, Smiling Friends...they're also very popular. And if you include ones "adopted" from other parts of the company, there's the cast of Space Ghost Coast to Coast and T.O.M. from Toonami as well. And this is all compounded by the fact that we're seemingly getting a third Rick and Morty character even if Pickle Rick just ends up as a skin. That being said, I could easily see Brock Samson, for example, getting in down the line. But it's those last three words where the problem is. A live service game having a limited life span by nature means that time is of the essence, and while I COULD see them go for Brock, they could just as easily go for Master Shake or Charlie or Spear. Or Morty's dad I guess.

I haven't seen much of the show but the character designs are top notch. I'd be totally okay with it coming aboard.

All nominations toward Tracy Turnblad

Good Cop, Bladd Cop
Chance: 20%
Osmosis Jones is an early 2000's live-action/animation hybrid movie. Like others of its genre, it wasn't a mainstream hit at the box office. Unlike others of its genre, it actually spawned a TV show. You never saw a Quest for Camelot series, for example. On the other hand, I don't see him getting into MultiVersus very soon.

Want: 60%
I mean, I'm the kind of guy that wants more animated characters in this game, and the fact that he didn't come from Looney Tunes or Cartoon Network tackles a niche among 90s kids. Plus, you could do some freaky mind games with a germ in the police force. Now, would the stage be the City of Frank or the City of Hector?

Jonny Quest: The Rebel Years
Chance: 55%
You'd be hard pressed to find an Adult Swim franchise more beloved than The Venture Bros, barring Rick and Morty who are already in the game. Starring Hank and Dean Venture, the show also stars Rusty Venture, Brock Samson, and The Monarch. In short, a 2v2 fighter would be a great fit for this series to get the nod.

That said, its relevancy has waned a little, making it less likely to have a slot right now. But rest assured, this show has a greater chance than most on Adult Swim. Including our next candidate.

Want: 40%
Speaking on personal terms, I've never seen The Venture Bros. But I have heard good enough things about them to want something from this series in the game.

Mr. Shen Mue
Chance: 1%
If I explain my reasonings, I'd mostly trample over flattened ground. Shenmue is owned by Sega. The recent animated series was a one-and-done from a few years back. Rinse and repeat.

However, what I want to bring up is the competition, even among WB fans. Sonic, for instance, has a full-on crossover with OK KO! Let's Be Heroes. A show which, mind you, has Scooby-Doo, Adventure Time, and Teen Titans in the same universe. Persona 5's protagonist codename is Joker, which I am sure the team would take advantage of in some way or another. Heck, if we're only talking about Adult Swim, they could grab Lupin the Third from Sega if they wanted to. Just saying there are options.

Want: 10%
A character is a character, but even in Sega's camp, Ryo might be overshadowed by other brawlers. Better wait until Sega makes their own fighting game, Hazuki.

Nominations:
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x5
Yogi Bear x5

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Omosis Jones

Chance: 49%

that's interesting of have Omosis Jones on Multiversus,and a movie who have Roger Rabbit effect is very good (i mean movie who mix live-action with animation),and the movie who had a cartoon who was successful,i think is good,but Omosis Jones is very forgotten by 2D animation movies were dying and people are care for 3D animation movies.

Want: 18%

i don't remember a lot of this cartoon,for me is a okay choice,and it's a good choice for a cult classic.

Venture Bros. Content

Chance: 48%

Adult Swim reps is a great choice,and Venture Bros. is a good choice,a choice is alright for the characters (and i don't have a lot for talk about)

i don't know a lot of this cartoon,but i putted 10% for be a good AS rep

Shenmue

Chance: 0%

Want: 0%

look,why Shenmue on a Warner platfighter?,Sega don't have any connections with Warner,and Shenmue works as probably on a possible Sega VS Capcom game or any other crossover game

Noms: Pikachu

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Barbie
Chance: 41.67%
Want: 55%

Willy Wonka
Chance: 50%
Want: 85.25%

Noms List

50+
Gwimbly x68
Tracy Turnblad x65
Gundam x55
Goober x55
Swamp Thing x52

25-49
Wilt x48
King Shark x45
Concept: Succession content x45
Jackie Chan x41
Aquaman x40
T-800 x40
Foghorn Leghorn x35
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
Concept: My Adventures With Superman content x31
Higan (Ninja Kamui) x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Mothra x30
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x29
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Furiosa x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Black Dynamite x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
Lum the Invader x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Concept: Marvel characters x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
The Mask x5
Captain Planet x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1

Osmosis Jones and the Destroyers of the Germs

Chance: 10%

I mean, he did get a show in addition to the movie and he does seem to have an audience that remembers him so I'll give him some credit. Plus I just found out via the Wikipedia page that the series got a complete series DVD set in 2017 by the Warner Archive Collection so it's not entirely forgotten by the studio, either. But this would be quite low on the priority list and I feel that the game would have to last for quite a while before Jones would be seriously considered.

Sorry guys, but I didn't care for Jones or his show when I watched it as a youngling. It is an interesting premise, but I was kind of a picky kid who only wanted to watch certain cartoons and Ozzy and Drix just wasn't my jam at all. If it's any consolation, I do find the opening song to be catchy so If Jones did get in, I'd hope it would be the opening that would be remixed.

- - - - - - - - - -- - - -

Venture Bros

Chance: 60%

The Venture Bros is one of Adult Swim's most iconic and acclaimed series that had a very good run up until last year when it received a film as the series finale. So while it's a bit too late for the promotional aspect, it's still a very marketable franchise, with a good-sized fanbase, that would be appealing to the higher ups at WB. While there is some competition with other Adult Swim series, namely Smiling Friends which recently blew up, I could see someone from this series be added in the somewhat near future.

I've only seen a few moments from the show when I was very young and at that age I just bounced right off the show. But for it to have as great of a legacy and reputation as it does have, there has to be something special there and I was just too young to get it. While I don't think I will ever get the urge to watch it, I do respect the Venture Bros and it's one of those franchises where it actively feels missing from the game.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

Ryo

Chance: 5%

Shenmue is a beloved franchise, for sure, but unfortunately I don't see Ryo joining, at least not anytime soon. Shenmue is a series that has struggled over its lifetime, to the point where Shenmue 3 needed help from a Kickstarter to be realized. That, and the Adult Swim series didn't make a big splash or anything. That tells me that if Sega did get a character (or even several), they would just go for the bigger fish like Sonic.

Want: 60%

I never got the chance to play Shenmue, but I do respect its legacy and it's a series I've been eying for a while now. If I ever get back into gaming I'd definitely give it a shot. It looks very fun and I dig the music.

Noms will be decided later

Omosis Jones

Chance: 49%

that's interesting of have Omosis Jones on Multiversus,and a movie who have Roger Rabbit effect is very good (i mean movie who mix live-action with animation),and the movie who had a cartoon who was successful,i think is good,but Omosis Jones is very forgotten by 2D animation movies were dying and people are care for 3D animation movies.

Want: 18%

i don't remember a lot of this cartoon,for me is a okay choice,and it's a good choice for a cult classic.

Venture Bros. Content

Chance: 48%

Adult Swim reps is a great choice,and Venture Bros. is a good choice,a choice is alright for the characters (and i don't have a lot for talk about)

i don't know a lot of this cartoon,but i putted 10% for be a good AS rep

Shenmue

Chance: 0%

Want: 0%

look,why Shenmue on a Warner platfighter?,Sega don't have any connections with Warner,and Shenmue works as probably on a possible Sega VS Capcom game or any other crossover game

Noms: Pikachu
Let me remind you again that you need at least four complete sentences per character in order for your scores and noms to be counted.

If you are having a hard time coming up with things to say about a character, you can abstain on them and your noms will still be counted. Even if you abstain on everybody, you will still have 10 noms.

Lastly, Sega does have connections with WB. In this case, Shenmue had a series on Adult Swim. Please do some research before making claims like that.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Scoliosis Jones

Chance - 1%/50%/25%. It's odd - of the five major Hollywood Studios, Disney is the only one with a big presence in both TV and Film animation. Sony has a fairly prominent animation studio, and Universal has two, but they don't really make shows (20th Century Fox was also in this category before the buyout). On the other hand, you have Warner Brothers (and Paramount), who have incredibly iconic cartoon channels, but a fairly small theatrical footprint. Most of Warner's animated movies are spinoffs of other parts of the company (Batman: Mark of the Phantasm, Scoob, and the upcoming Rohirrim movie as examples). Osmosis Jones is probably the most iconic WB animated movie yet to be represented (excluding the Lego Movie series, which is vaguely third party), but that's a fairly low bar to clear. I'm not saying he's impossible or anything, but I can't give him a much higher score. Unless one of the devs really loves the series, or Ozzy somehow becomes a big fan request, I can't imagine he's a high priority - and given the colossal pool of character options, it'll be a while until they get around to him.

Ryo Sakazaki

Chance - 0%/2%/1%. I don't think this is happening. Shenmue just... isn't that big of a series. It's only had three main series games. Take a look at Smash, Sega has been involved with the series for three games and there isn't a hint of Shenmue content. With competition like Monkey Ball, Yakuza and Puyo Puyo, it's almost assuredly not the next to be added either. There was the Adult Swim show, but that sorta came and went without much of an impact. If we were to get a Sega character, I honestly think it would be Sonic. He has just as much of a Warner connection, and for some reason he's a top fan request. Even then, I don't think Sonic's all that likely.

Super Venture Bros.

Chance - 1%/70%/35%. I don't know a lot about the series, but it seems pretty prominent. The series was on the air for a decade and a half, and had a movie last year. I didn't go into this expecting to give the idea such a high score, but here we are! The only concern I have is it getting out-prioritized by other Adult Swim IPs. Characters from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Smiling Friends
1718997687526.png
, Space Ghost, and The Boondocks seem to be more common requests, and datamines seem to suggest that Rick and Morty might be getting a third character in Mr. Meeseeks. I'm not too worried about it getting out-competed, but it's something to keep in mind.

Abstain on want to all. Half of my noms to Gwimbly (I want him day one), the other half to George Jetson.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"Too bad you won’t be here to see me break my record, when I take down frank’s pretty little girl"
“She ain’t goin down, you are”-Osmosis Jones towards Thrax

Osmosis Jones

Theme Song: Cool, Daddy Cool by Kid Rock ft. Joe C.

50%: Osmosis Jones is a 2000’s animated movie that takes the buddy cop dynamic and puts it inside the human body where the heroes face a villain who’s based on a contagious virus trying to harm the body, although the film was a financial failure it still held a cult following with some people fondly remembering it and the movie managing to get a tv show lasting over 26 episodes for 3 years.

It’s chances in multiversus could be affected by whether warner would want to add it or not, if they're bothered by how much the movie failed years ago then it would look very unnecessary for them to do that cause while i get the reasonable idea iron giant also failed in the box office too and despite it failing too due to no marketing it shows that every any animated film is on the table for their game to cater to all of their fans.

I think if there are people in the community who wants Ozzy in the game or some of the developers are interested in putting him then there’s a pretty good chance osmosis may appear in the future, hopefully if the game stays long enough for it.

Alternative Music: The Intro of Ozzy & Drix

60%: Osmosis Jones was a movie I did see when I was little and throughout most of my childhood mostly avoided it for a few of the scenes in the film laving me scared such as Thrax killing Scabies(even though he was still alive afterward) and Frank’s slow decline, but nowadays i’m not scared of it anymore and can watch the movie normally without fear, i have thought about rewatching it again yet haven’t found were to find it on DVD or on streaming(Til' now with Tubi).

Ozzy would be a great pick, having a character who stretches while using a pistol gun though he’d probably need to be a little unique apart from jake, although i did hear Oppossum talk about Drix as a fighter which got me interested in the idea a little bit more.

“What are you shy? Sasquatch doesn't have anything you haven't seen before?”

“SASQUATCH IS SOMETHING I HAVEN’T SEEN BEFORE!!!”-Brock Sampson towards Steve Summers

The Venture Bros.
Theme Song: No Vacancy

59%: The Venture Bros. another one of adult swim’s well known and popular series, lasting for over 9 seasons and a straight-to-dvd movie last year, with how well the series was and how much people enjoy the show it would be one of the best options for adult swim representation to multiversus.

However, there is some competition that might put the show in a waiting line as there are still other series from adult swim with some higher chances of getting in such as Smiling Friends, Aqua Teen, and Possibly even Robot Chicken or Royal Crackers, Rick & Morty could also get another character too such as Summer.

In spite of this the series still has a lot of people still liking the show(and maybe even people who still want a new season) and it has a long status of seasons showcasing it’s long gone legacy so long as people still ask for venture bros. For the game then maybe the multiversus crew can budge for venture bros.

Alternative Music: The Boys Never Died Music

60%: I’ve only seen some of venture bros. and two whole episodes plus half the movie, i know a bit of it and plan to watch it at some, I do like Brock’s design a bit and his voice Patrick Warburton is nice to hear, Monarch’s pretty funny, Dr. Orpheus is a Doctor Strange parody which is kinda funny too, but i also watched a few entertaining moments mainly the clip showing Hank & Dean dying too many times.

I wouldn’t mind seeing the show get in multiversus and would believe it is one of adult swim’s shows that should be in the game, Brock Sampson would be the main representative with The Monarch being the 2nd unless he’s only given an announcer pack.

Ryo
Abstaining: Not too familiar with Ryo's series but i do like his design a little and would be interested in playing his games, in terms of his chances? he had an anime that aired on Toonami but due to that show getting thrown away similar to the other shows from CN & Adult Swim plus apparently the series having bad luck, ryo's chances are very slim.

and if SEGA were to come into Multiversus they'd likely be asked for Sonic and not Ryo though i don't they'd be uninterested in putting him in, it could just be Warne Brothers' decision for Shenmue to appear or not.

My Nominations
-Aquaman
-My Adventures with Superman Content
-Higun

Is this list good, Danganzilla?

Top Bottom