• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Social Darwinism

Chance: 55%
Gumball is a successful show on Cartoon Network. However it it's as acclaimed as Adventure Time and Steven Universe, nor is it as big a hit as... Teen Titans Go shudders Fortunately for Gumball the first two already has characters in and the latter is unlikely to get a rep (as DC characters will likely just get generic, comic book/DCAU incarnations rather than anything specific - for now at least). So on the "modern CN shows" front it's basically just Gumball and Regular Show left. I'm not sure if they're going to get to them though, there's plenty of other eras of CN with huge shows unrepresented and of course MultiVersus isn't just CN shows. So I expect Gumball to get in eventually but it depends on how much support this game gets.

Moveset potential might be an issue since Gumball is just a kid. However, the show's collage of art styles might help him out in that regard, since he can probably get away with a "pull random objects" type moveset and still make it feel somewhat fresh. There's the possibility of Darwin as a duo, but given this game's 2v2 focus I think they might want to keep Darwin separate. Partially to have him as a possible fighter (much like how Finn and Jake were split up), partially because an IC type character might get confusing with said focus.

Want: 0%
I don't like his show. I don't like its art style. Also someone brought up the idea of his mom as the series rep instead and I'd prefer that by a mile.

Noms: Time to finish my trinity of smarty-pants sci-fi reps. And time is the operative word here because...

The Protagonist (Tenet) x10

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Gumball

Chance: 70%. This seems... pretty likely to me? Gumball is a fairly major CN show and it isn't a dead IP by any means, plus the current roster has a massive bias in favour of 2010s Cartoon Network and its fairly plausible that will continue... but then also it's possible that they will be actively going for more diverse reps from here-on-out and Gumball will just be out-prioritized by others in the modern CN niche? It's really hard to say either way, but my impulse is, with time, Gumball will make it onto the roster...

Want: Abstain. Haven't seen any of this show, I'm afraid.

Noms: Harvey Birdman x5

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Gumball Waterson (Gumball)

Chance: 60%
Gumball is an iconic Cartoon Network franchise. Although, I think MultiVersus is not going to honor a lot of the CN franchises (bar the big names like Ben 10). Overall, Gumball has ran on CN for over a decade. He’s got a shot for sure but there’s other CN reps that are more likely to be chosen. However, there is going to be a new Gumball movie so that ups his chances.

Want: 50%
I watched Gumball for a little bit. But, he’s not my most wanted CN character. He’d be a fun addition though no lie. Especially the fact that there were many episodes that talked about video games (and one that parodied Street Fighter). Regardless, throw him in for the memes.

Noms:
Dastardly x5
The Grinch x5

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
That Blue Cat

Chances: 70%
With the current roster now I feel like WB is going to lean in hard on 2010s nostalgia assuming Hanna-Barbera characters will be the one that fills in the old decade, Gumball himself as well as his show is pretty successful right up there with Adventure Time and Steven Universe, and hopefully Regular Show as well. The mesh in style and comedy makes it an oddball among the cartoon line-up but in a good way to the point where people still remember it after it ended.

Stage and moveset isn't exactly hard to imagine given the quirky stuff they have done throughout the show, Elmore Jr. High is an absolute perfect choice mostly because I can't see them using the Watterson house after knowing that it's an actual place to the point that Google have to blur it out from the map..

Want: 79%
I really enjoy the show very much but oddly enough I can't really tell who my favorite character is as they are all equally charming but I guess I like Gumball way more? I mean he is in the series' name so I doubt they pull a Shaggy and choose Richard because he is more memeable.

Unrelated but dammit I miss rating Wiz and Boomstick, I really want to talk about them because they are the reason I'm into VS debating and what led me to be interested in Smash, and also because the next rating is Ben 10 which I thought is funny given the meme surrounding his fight with Green Lantern which to this day is the most polarizing fight in the show over Goku Vs Superman.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The show that was ahead of its time

Chance: 55%

So, The Amazing World of Gumball is a fairly popular show that has been on the air for 10+ years. I didn't actually know this show was still going until a year ago, and apparently it's getting a movie. What strikes me the most about this show was how ahead of its time it was. I remember during an early episode Gumball and Darwin were watching what was essentially funny montages and memes and that was the whole episode. While there were certainly people watching that kind of content back in like 2011, that behavior has grown exponentially in recent years with how popular content creation has become. As a result, Gumball's show is very in-tune with modern audiences which makes it appealing for a game like MultiVersus, which can allow Gumball to flex his wacky cartoon shenanigans.

But what gives me pause is competition. We already have Steven Universe and Adventure Time so there are already a couple modern Cartoon Network hits on the roster. As for potential candidates, I am convinced that Ben 10 is coming but other than him we have other modern shows like Regular Show, plus classics like Johnny Bravo and Ed, Edd n Eddy. And when you consider that MultiVersus ain't just a Cartoon Network game, that complicates things. Still, Gumball has some merits so I think he has a good shot.

Want: 70%

I watched the show sometimes when I was younger and while I liked it I wasn't a big fan of it. But just last year my friend reintroduced me to the show and showed me a bunch of brilliant episodes that I never saw before. I now have a new appreciation for the show and while there are plenty of cartoons from my childhood that I'd prefer to see make it in first, I'd totally be fine with Gumball.

Noms: Eustace Bagge x10

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Here are my first 5 nominations.

1. Sheldon Cooper
2. Alfred E. Neuman
3. Friends characters
4. All Elite Wrestling wrestlers
5. Six Flags representation

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here are my first 5 nominations.

1. Sheldon Cooper
2. Alfred E. Neuman
3. Friends characters
4. All Elite Wrestling wrestlers
5. Six Flags representation
Unfortunately this is not how the thread works. If you want to nominate a character, you will have to participate each day by either writing 4 sentences for them (Two for chance, two for want), or abstain altogether (Just write "abstain" whenever the day changes). By participating you will earn 5 noms which you can allocate any which way you want (as long as the character has some kind of connection to Warner Bros). The goal is to get your character within the top 7 on the noms list by the end of the current fixed schedule, by that point your character you will be locked in and then rated. Each day is dedicated to one character so feel free to come by everytime the day changes so you can participate and earn noms.

If you have any questions, you can look at the first post of this thread for the rules, or ask me directly. It seems like you are new here so I welcome you onto the thread and I hope you stay.

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately this is not how the thread works. If you want to nominate a character, you will have to participate each day by either writing 4 sentences for them (Two for chance, two for want), or abstain altogether (Just write "abstain" whenever the day changes). By participating you will earn 5 noms which you can allocate any which way you want (as long as the character has some kind of connection to Warner Bros). The goal is to get your character within the top 7 on the noms list by the end of the current fixed schedule, by that point your character you will be locked in and then rated. Each day is dedicated to one character so feel free to come by everytime the day changes so you can participate and earn noms.

If you have any questions, you can look at the first post of this thread for the rules, or ask me directly. It seems like you are new here so I welcome you onto the thread and I hope you stay.
Sorry about that. I’ll abstain on Gumball but I’ll participate later.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Harvey Birdman, known for his cartoons Birdman and the Galaxy Trio and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

Some clips to get into the bird attorney mood:

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL AND VOID
Day 15 - Harvey Birdman
Day 16 - Agent K (Blade Runner)
Day 17 - Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes)
Day 18 - "Dastardly" Richard (Hanna Barbera cartoons)
Day 19 - The Grinch
Day 20 - Mucha Lucha rep
Day 21 - Michael J. Caboose (Red vs Blue) and Willy Wonka

We have our very first tie. I will give more details on how double days work as we reach Day 21.

Gumball
Chance: 65%
Want: 58.13%

Honestly I'm running out of things to say for these scores. They speak for themselves.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Eustace Bagge x55
Quan-Chi x54

25-49
Ed, Edd n Eddy x45
K.O x40
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x39
Zatanna x35
Numbuh 1 x30
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30
The Impractical Jokers x30
Fred Flintstone x25

1-24
Audrey II x17
Dio Brando x15
Citizen Kane x11
Jackie Chan x11
Pim and Charlie x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Rick Sanchez x10
Harry Potter x10
The Protagonist (Tenet) x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Neo x5
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
Rebecca Bunch x5
John J. Sheridan x4
All Elite Wrestling rep x3
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Maxwell x1
Godzooky x1

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Harvey Birdman

Chance: 10%. So, this is a weird one... Birdman is, of course, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character and superhero from a relatively-short-run Saturday Morning Cartoon in the late 1960s... who is now best known for being a lawyer on Adult Swim????

Yeah, uh, Birdman is a weird character who has an equally-weird-place in Warner Bros' cartoon line-up. It's an old show in premise, but probably best known for a TV series that takes place in a cartoon metaverse where Birdman is called on to do things like defend Shaggy Rogers from being charged with possession of marijuana. Most of the Multiversus gang is used to reboots and Birdman has had several of those, but Birdman's are all quite divergent in tone, scope, and moveset potential/constraints.

Biggest problem with Birdman is just pure competition. He is a jack of all trades, but that means he is outshined in basically every category he would represent: there are bigger Hanna-Barbera cartoons; there are bigger Adult Swim cartoons; there are bigger 1960s cartoons; there are bigger 2000s cartoons; there are DEFINITELY bigger superheroes; and there are... arguably bigger lawyers, I guess?

He has the potential for inclusion for sure, but he'd be a WTF pick if it happens. Unless fan demand goes up for him, I'm not really betting on him taking the case anytime soon.

Want: 100%. Am I projecting my desire for Wright in Smash onto Harvey Birdman? Um. Maybe... But he had a licensed game published by Capcom themselves made as a very self-aware knock-off of Ace Attorney, so I think it's a fair comparison!

Yes, this is real and not a photo-shopped image. The Capcom game included Street Fighter cameos... And, no, I do not know why it got Street Fighter cameos and not Ace Attorney ones.

And, yeah, I think seeing a superhero-turned-lawyer in the roster would be equal parts fun and funny! Plus, hey, he's no stranger to crossovers already... I'd enjoy it a lot if it happens.

Noms: Rebecca Bunch x10 (I will nominate non-lawyers for this eventually, I promise)

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Harvey Birdman

Chance: 10%
A fairly minor Adult Swim character. I can’t see him making it in. Besides, he’s a lawyer, and aside from Phoenix Wright, I don’t see them as characters with fighting potential.

Want: 10%
I don’t care about Harvey Birdman one bit. I’ve never watched a single episode of his show. I wouldn’t be upset if he got in, but I would hardly be celebrating.

Noms:

All Elite Wrestling x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Harvey Birdman

Chance: 10%
A fairly minor Adult Swim character. I can’t see him making it in. Besides, he’s a lawyer, and aside from Phoenix Wright, I don’t see them as characters with fighting potential.

Want: 10%
I don’t care about Harvey Birdman one bit.

Noms:

All Elite Wrestling x5
I don't mean to keep bothering you, but you do need one more sentence for want for your want score and noms to be counted.

D

Deleted member

Attorney at Law

Chance - 10%

It's a weird one. We know from leaks that Adult Swim characters are on the table. Only issue is that his show, or the AS version anyway, went off the air in 2007. So they may not see him as particularly relevant. However, a spin off, starring the character Birdgirl, debuted last year, so there's clearly some interest in keeping the franchise going. There are just other AS and HB characters I think they'd go for first. He weirdly even has competition in his admittedly pretty niche feild of "adult swim show based on an old Hanna-Barbera superhero" in the form of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, and part of me feels that Space Ghost has had slightly more staying power, but that could be personal basis as I've seen more of that show. Harvey is hardly impossible, but I don't see it right now.

Want - 15%

Not a most wanted character at all but I would be cool with him. I've only seen a couple of episodes of the show but what I have seen was pretty funny. I need to watch more of it since it seems extremely my kind of thing. I'm sure you could come up with a really fun moveset for him based on all the wacky goings on in his show.

Noms to Spike (Gremlins)

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain. think i saw one thing where he was defending fred flintstone and that was it. noms to top cat

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Harvey Birdman: Ace Attorney

Chance: 20%

What gives Harvey Birdman some points is the fact that 1. He got multiple shows. 2. There is now a Birdgirl show which gives him relevancy in a way, plus a 2018 TV special called Harvey Birdman Attorney General. And 3. He straight up got an Ace Attorney game which is notable, at least in my book. But yeah I agree with the consensus that Harvey isn't super likely. To my knowledge Attorney at Law wasn't that popular, not to mention the IP laid dormant for a while up until recently with the aforementioned Birdgirl show and 2018 special. Harvey did appear in a few episodes of Space Ghost Coast to Coast but those were more like cameos, he didn't become a major character on the show or anything like that.

Perhaps his biggest obstacle is competition. There are plenty of iconic and popular Hanna Barbera characters that aren't on the roster yet. And if we look at Adult Swim's catalogue, I think Venture Bros is their frontrunner. However, if MultiVersus stays alive for long enough then I can see the competition quickly dwindle, which would boost Harvey's chances significantly.

Want: 60%

Let me get this off the bat: I don't like Adult Swim's original content. I find that the animation is usually unappealing and the humor is often mean-spirited or just not my cup of tea. But Harvey Birdman is a little different. I'm still not a big fan of the animation of his shows, but his humor is closer to what I like, plus the fact that he straight up got an Ace Attorney game automatically makes me like him. Maybe it's just the Phoenix Wright vibes setting me off, but it'd be cool to see Harvey Birdman make it into MultiVersus.

Noms:
Eustace Bagge x5
Ed, Edd n Eddy x5

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Harvey Birdman

Chance: 25%

Harvey Birdman is well known. However, he's got competition. Hanna-Barbera has other characters they are going to get in MultiVersus first. Therefore, I do not think the Birdman has that big of a shot. However, there's still the chance the devs pick him as we do not know how selections work. I prefer we get the bigger names in first anyway.

Want: 50%

He's a unique choice but I have other first priorities for a Hanna-Barbera rep. We still do not have Fred Flintstone or Yogi Bear yet in the game. However, I see his iconic status from the Adult Swim cartoon and the Ace Attorney style game. So, he's got some merit. However, I never really cared for the guy. But, he would be neat.

Nominations:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x5
Peanuts representation x5

DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 Also, Dastardly is from Wacky Races.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Wait. Harvey Birdman wasn't always an attorney?

Chances- 10%

I do not have high hopes for Harvey. He's facing a lot of competition from multiple fronts. On the Hanna-Barbera we already have Shaggy in the roster and I have a hard time imagining Scooby skipping either the base roster or the DLC. On the Adult Swim front, there is Rick Sanchez of "Rick & Morty" fame and Dr. Weird from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. That's not even considering loads of characters from movies, comics, books, and video games WB can pull from. Lets not get into the relevancy argument either.

Want- 65%

I have little knowledge of Harvey Birdman. My only exposure to him was in a couple of Protonjon streams showcasing his video game adaptation by Capcom. Based on I saw, Harvey looked like he would be fun at least in the banter department. He could play as a fusion of Pit and Isabelle in Smash Ultimate or Phoenix Wright in MVC3. I wouldn't mind seeing Harvey in MultiVerses.

My Noms: Agent Smith (Matrix) x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain- I've seen Harvey before in some stuff but not too familiar to say what his chances are and how much I want him.

Noms
Dio Brando- x5

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I have no pun to make that would be funnier than the actual words "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law"

Chance: 35%
Harvey Birdman was an old Hanna-Barbera show that later found a new life (and career) as an Adult Swim law comedy. It's this latter incarnation that made him memorable, being a very self aware takedown of Hanna-Barbera's many, many creations, in a time before mega crossovers between all of a company's IP were really a massive thing.

Now, Harvey is definitely not the frontrunner for an Adult Swim rep, nor for a Hanna-Barbera rep. However, he does occupy an interesting niche as a rep for both. And his position as the star of a precursor crossover makes him feel like a very obvious choice for a game like this, like Wade Watts and the Space Jam stars. Plus when this game was announced I heard a lot of clamoring for Harvey, so I think the demand is there. All in all, not the likeliest, but I'm confident that Harvey's name is written on a whiteboard at the developer's offices. On a long enough timeline he'll be in, but probably after a few other Hanna-Barbera characters make it in because Harvey needs someone to interacts with, gotta make the most of that VA budget.

Want: 100%
As a fan of courtroom dramas, meta comedy and the history of animation I'm squarely in the center of the Venn diagram of people HBAaL appeals to. It funny. I think Harvey would require some thinking outside the box to include, not because he needs it - he's a birdman - but because to truly rep the show he has to be a weird, Phoenix Wright-esque gimmick character imo. Whatever form he takes though, I'll be happy.

Noms: The Protagonist (Tenet) x10

amageish

Smash Master
Making a post for pragmatic reasons...

Birdgirl's been renewed! I think a franchise having news when they're being rated in RTC is a semi-common thing, but also I'm guessing it's probably only happened a dozen or so times and my brain just remembers that happening as confirmation bias...

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Agent K from Blade Runner.

Some songs to get into the mood to fight androids.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on chance and want- I am not familiar with the Blade Runner series nor Agent K.

Noms
Dio Brando- x5

D

Deleted member

You look lonely

Chance - 10%

Yeah I don't think this is happening. Blade Runner is an iconic and beloved series but it doesn’t feel like one that the devs would prioritise for this game. 2049 was a couple of years ago now and while it still has a loyal fanbase, including myself, I don't see it come up in conversation as much anymore. There was an AS cartoon recently but it seemed pretty unconnected to the movies. I also never heard anything about it. I think that the devs are gonna stick to things they're currently promoting, or long running legacy franchises, aside from a few exceptions. As much as I love both movies, I don't really see anything K could do that would set him apart from other potential additions, he's a dude with a gun and some martial arts moves. There are other characters who fit that description who I see as more likely. In the rare chance that we do get a Blade Runner character, I feel it would likely be Deckard anyway. He's been more films and K's story is kind of one and done.

Want - 40%

You know what? Sure. Put him in. I love both these films and the idea of playing as pretty much just Ryan Gosling and fighting Shaggy and Batman is pretty funny. If they can make a fun moveset for him then is be all for it. Not really a most wanted, but it's hard to dislike this pick too much. And I can't pretend a stage that just has a gaint purple naked (but censored) Ana De Armas in the background wouldn't be freaking hilarious.

Noms to Pim and Charlie. That s2 renewal has me feeling a bit better about their chances.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Is that a unicorn, Agent K?

Chances- 2.5%

Blade Runner is a classic movie with a fantastic sequel. Too bad it is not going to get any significant content much less a playable character in MultiVerses. Both films, despite their praise with box office bombs. Even if they were hits, there isn't much in the Blade Runner universe that sticks out among the other sci-fi universes. Heck, I think Agent K don't have much to offer in terms moveset potential. We are more likely to get a Blade Runner stage than a character.

Want-35%

I liked the films, but I'm not interested in a fighter in this universe. Blade Runner in a sci-fi noir series and I don't think that kind of universe fits MultiVerses.
Agent K himself isn't that interesting of a character anyway. I wouldn't mind a Blade Runner stage though.

My Noms: Agent Smith (Matrix) x10

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"To be born... means you have a soul, I guess"

Chance: 20.49%
Blade Runner KD6-3.7, AKA Joe (or just K for short) is the protagonist of Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to the cyberpunk masterpiece Blade Runner. A replicant tasked with hunting other replicants, K stumbles upon a clue that might change his understanding of himself and the world he lives in. With Joi, his holographic lover, by his side, K sets out to look into a case that will question the meaning of what it is to be human.

Blade Runner is, to put it mildly, an unlucky franchise. Ridley Scott's original was released in a butchered state with executive-mandated narration and a shoehorned happy ending, and against the might of the blockbuster E.T. was steamrolled. Despite that, it became one of the most influential pieces of sci-fi, codifying the cyberpunk genre visually and thematically, and the later Director's and Final Cut cemented it as a classic misunderstood in its time. The demand grew to the point where a sequel was greenlit and put into the hands of another auteur of cinema, Denis Villeneuve (director of Sicario, Arrival, and later, Dune). Alas, the series' misfortune struck again, and whether it was because of its long runtime, unfamiliarity with the source material, or just plain misfortune, the sequel underperformed. And just like the original, it was acclaimed for its direction, performances, cinematography and themes, with many feeling it matched or even surpassed the original.

Blade Runner is in a strange place. Like Dune, Godzilla, Matrix, or Lord of the Rings, it's a franchise that isn't owned by WB (in this case, it's Alcon Entertainment), but still very associated with it (all installments were distributed by them). If you look at the box office, you could come to the conclusion that they're unpopular movies, but their acclaim, influence and cult following seem to contradict that. I'm about to make a strange comparison but they're like It's a Wonderful Life: movies that became classics not in the orthodox way - by making money in theaters - but after the fact, with people discovering them on their own terms.

Personally, and not at all impartially, I'm erring on the side that it's a series WB wants to be associated to. A Los Angeles 2019 or Las Vegas 2049 stage would be instantly recognizable and visually stunning, and no other studio can have a claim to them but WB. Also worth pointing out: the Blade Runner IP is very much alive, with an (abysmal) Adult Swim show wrapping up this past week that is very much connected to 2049 in terms of lore. I think the franchise has a future, so eventually the time will come to include it in MultiVersus.

The main question thus becomes: K or Deckard? For those not in the know, Rick Deckard is the protagonist in the first Blade Runner. Honestly, they could probably work as clones or alts of each other. They wield similar pistols, drive flying cars, have similar frames. You'd think the OG would have priority but like I said, BR2049 has relevance and many consider it superior to the original so the odds are even imo. I guess the question boils down to which actor would be cheaper/easier to bring back: Harrison Ford or Ryan Gosling? Perhaps since K is such a quiet, taciturn character, Ryan Gosling would be cheaper by sheer virtue of less time taken to record, but I don't know. If it is K, one way to differentiate him moveset wise is to have him fight alongside Joi, Phoenix Wright-style. Does it make sense for a hologram to be punching people? No, but it's a platform fighter, and it plays well with the duos theme.

I guess the main character of the TV show, which is technically the most relevant incarnation of the franchise right now, is also a contender, but A, she's not a Blade Runner, which would feel wrong as a rep for the franchise called Blade Runner; B, her generic katana and martial arts moveset can be done by anyone and isn't very representative of the franchise; and C, her show sucks. So that's that.

Want: 100%
Blade Runner and 2049 are tied for my second favorite movie of all time. I love detective stories, I love noir, I love sci-fi and cyberpunk. But Blade Runner is more than just a combination of all that; it uses replicants to analyze what it means to be human, our relationship with God, our angst at the inevitability of death, the way we find meaning in life, how we dehumanize ourselves and each other, and many other big ideas. The characters and performances in both movies are incredible, the dialogue is unforgettable (How can someone not be floored by "Tears in rain"?), they are must-watch movies. I don't think either is better than the other, personally I think 2049 is the perfect sequel because it enhances, complements, and in many ways functions as the complete opposite of the original without harming it in any way while still working on its own. The reason I nominated K over Deckard is... well, there's no reason, I'd gladly take Deckard, but 2049 was directed by my favorite director, Villeneuve (who was robbed at the Oscars!) and since I had just finished nominating Paul Atreides my mind probably jumped to K by association. But K is a fantastic character, a career-defining performance by Gosling as a man conditioned to be emotionless but who holds a deep yearning for release and purpose under the surface. Brilliant stuff.

Noms: The Protagonist (Tenet)

Last edited:

Tekken_Guy

Smash Apprentice
Agent K

Chance: 5%
-Blade Runner is a classic but it’s far from the most well-known property of Warner Bros. I feel like Mad Max has priority over it in the post-apocalyptic sci-fi category. And even then I do think Deckard would get in before K.

Want: 5%
-I have never seen a Blade Runner movie in my life. I don’t have any interest in seeing characters from the franchise appear in MultiVersus, though I wouldn’t be complaining if they got in. And there are a lot more WB characters I’d rather see in.

Noms: AEW x5

amageish

Smash Master
Agent K

Chance: 18%. So, if this was Smash Bros and we were discussing a game that also kind of serves museum of film history (or at least uses historical value for promotional reasons), then I'd be pretty darn confidant in Blade Runner making it in - potentially Rick Deckard over Agent K, but definitely something from the IP. It is very historically important to film history and the genre/aesthetics of science fiction in general and cyberpunk in particular! It may not make it day one, but, if historical value was a major focus, then I'd be incredibly confidant in it getting in...

Question comes down to the question it always comes down to: Who is this game for, again? Depending on its audience, there's a chance it will end focusing majorly on the children-friendly characters with a few key guests and won't get to people like Deckard or K... or it may end up having a lot more adult target-the-parental-nostalgia reps like Fortnite tends to do in which case Blade Runner has a decent shot! It may focus on adding a lot of franchises or it may focus on having well-rounded representation for the IPs it has... Additionally, the "Warner Bros wants to have better brand cohesion" aspect of this game makes Blade Runner seem pretty plausible as well, even if it didn't make it into the horror show that is Space Jam 2.

I don't feel super confidant in K, but I definitely wouldn't be mind=blown if he was added either. It's just kind of a matter of what route this game goes down...

Want: 100%. I love cyberpunk as a genre, so I really like Blade Runner and am very glad it exists!!! K would be a lot of fun to see crossing over in Multiversus and I'd really love to see the kind of pre-fight dialogue/reactions he would bring (this was recently confirmed as a feature by Tony Huynh; I am not leaking anything from the beta I promise)!

I considered giving a slightly lower score as I personally would prefer Deckard, but... eh... I wouldn't look a gift Agent K in the mouth either!

Noms: Rebecca Bunch x 5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
abstain. i know nothing of the "do robots dreams of electric sheep?" franchise. noms to top cat

slighty dissapointed when i learned it wasnt tommy lee jones

Top Bottom