• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I will not rate Green Eggs and Ham. I will not rate you, Sam I Am

Chance: 5%

Out of any Dr. Seuss property with ties to WB, Green Eggs and Ham is definitely one of them! As far as I know its only competition with tangible WB ties is The Grinch, and like…. it’s The Grinch. And even then, the Seuss books are more closely tied to Universal these days than WB, so I dunno if they’d go for any of those characters. I think Sam I Am gets a slight boost from the Netflix series seeming to be successful, but as far as I know there isn’t anything else related to the ip to cross promote.

Want: 10%

I mean the book is a classic and I remember hearing that the Netflix show was better than it had any right to be, but I’m just not that interested in Sam as a fighter. I haven’t seen the Netflix show so I don’t know they somehow expanded his moveset potential there, but he’s just a guy who keeps bugging another guy to yry his food. As far as characters from the Seuss pantheon are concerned, the likes of The Grinch or the Cat in the Hat have kits that make for more compelling movesets. I’m sure the Multiversus devs could make a banger Sam I Am moveset if they really put their minds to it, but I don’t really see it.

Chance: 10%

As DUNC elaborated on earlier, the rights to the Rankin Bass Christmas specials are an interesting case, with everything made pre-1974 being owned by Universal and everything else being owned by WB. With the likes of Rudolph and Frosty seemingly off the table, this bodes well for Snow Miser’s chances as arguably Rankin Bass’ best-known post-1974 Christmas icon. It also helps that on its own, The Year Without a Santa Claus is still fondly remembered as a holiday classic, and the Miser Bros. are by far the most memorable part for most people. That said, the main thing holding him back for me is that he’s so tied to the Christmas season that it doesn’t really make sense to add him outside of that specific timeframe. And if they were going to add a Christmas-themed fighter to release around the holidays, he’s also competing with The Grinch and Buddy the Elf for that spot, both of which are arguably more popular with contemporary audiences. While I wouldn’t say Mr. White Christmas’ chances are sub-zero, there’s just as many factors working against him as there are those working in his favor.

Want: 80%

I grew up with The Year Without a Santa Claus as a holiday staple, and while my memories of it aren’t as strong as the likes of Rudolph, I still get warm and nostalgic feeling whenever any of the old Rankin Bass specials come up. Also the Miser Bros. are just fun! Their song is an earworm and I’m always down for some more fire and ice magic in fighting games. Mr. Snow probably wouldn’t be my first pick, but I’d be down for him as the Christmas pick.

Half noms on Riverdale, half on Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be abstaining from Sam I Am. While I'm aware of the Green Eggs and Ham show's existence, I haven't really watched any of it, so I'd just be basing my thoughts on the book, which definitely gives me less to say.

Onward to Mr. Ten Below himself!

Chance: 15%

The Rankin-Bass Catalogue of Christmastime Characters is filled with iconic names. And as others have mentioned by now, a lot of those iconic names come from the pre-1974 part of the collection, and those are owned not by WB, but by Universal, which complicates things. So the odds of us getting the likes of Rudolph, Hermie, Yukon Cornelius, the Abominable Snowman, Charlie in the Box, Frosty the Snowman, the Winter Warlock, Burgermeister Meisterburger, or the Santa Claus is Comin' to Town version of Santa are rather slim, much like the Rudolph version of Santa.

But The Year Without a Santa Claus is post-1974, and as such has no issues. It's a popular Christmas special, and I'd go as far as saying it's one of Rankin-Bass's big four, alongside Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. And the Miser Bros are easily the most iconic characters to come from the movie, with their jaunty musical numbers being to thank for that.

Both brothers are popular, but Snow Miser is definitely the more popular of the two, so I definitely agree it would be him if either of them got in.

Like others said, his concerns are twofold. The first is that he's so integrally tied to not just a specific season, but a specific holiday, and a religious holiday at that. As such, he's niche at best as far as potential release times, far more so than any "such and such leaked character NEEDS to release around Halloween" theories could ever hope to be. The other issue is that WB also owns the original Grinch short as well as Elf, both of which are also very popular Christmas classics. I do think that Snow Miser would still be a strong contender alongside the Grinch and Buddy, but it's something to bring up.

Want: 90%

Given how the deck is a bit stacked against him, I wouldn't lose sleep over not getting him, but he'd be a great addition I'd wholeheartedly support. I love The Year Without a Santa Claus, as someone who grew up on Rankin Bass Christmas specials. Snow Miser is an incredibly entertaining character who would, no doubt, have quite a lot to say other fighters, and a moveset consisting of cryomancy, summoning minions, and copious amounts of spinning could be really fun. It would also be a great way to honor the medium of stop motion animation, and I'd love to see the team attempt to replicate such a style in Snow Miser's animations.

Half noms on Wilt, half on Milf Manor.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Abstain on Green Eggs and Ham

Snow Miser

Chances - 25% Despite WB’s ownership of the special he’s in as well as it always being shown around the holidays, it’s pretty likely he’s not too high up on the developers’ radar for many of the reasons listed above. I’m not sure if this would also be a factor but unlike the likes of the Wicked Witch or Beetlejuice, it would probably be bizarre to release a character like this at any time of the year other than winter/Christmas. Regardless he’s definitely a good contender for a niche, out there pick. The fact that he and his brother got their own special years later should say something or at the least that they’re not forgotten.

Want - 100%

Need I say more? But yeah I honestly think he’d be a fun addition to the game and would love to see his interactions with the cast provided they get a good VA for him.

Noms for Eva Ernst from the 1990 version of The Witches

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sam-I-Am
Chance: 0%
If we get a Seuss character, no way it's not Cat in the Hat. Maybe the Lorax or Horton, but the Cat in the Hat is too iconic to not get in. Any other Seuss characters need to get in line.

Want: 0%
Give me the Cat in the Hat or Horton or give me nothing.

Snow Miser
Chance:
5%
In terms of classic Christmas animation, I don't see Snow Miser getting in over like, Rudolph or even Santa Claus, but I suppose it's possible.

Could be cool, but only if he comes with Heat Miser

Noms:
Cat in the Hat (who has a movie by Warner Brothers in production right now) x 5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Abstain on Green Eggs and Ham

Snow Miser

Chances - 25% Despite WB’s ownership of the special he’s in as well as it always being shown around the holidays, it’s pretty likely he’s not too high up on the developers’ radar for many of the reasons listed above. Regardless he’s definitely a good contender for a niche, out there pick.

Want - 100%

Need I say more?

Noms for Eva Ernst from the 1990 version of The Witches
Sam-I-Am
If we get a Seuss character, no way it's not Cat in the Hat. Maybe the Lorax or Horton, but the Cat in the Hat is too iconic to not get in. Any other Seuss characters need to get in line.

Give me the Cat in the Hat or Horton or give me nothing.

Snow Miser
Chance:
5%
In terms of classic Christmas animation, I don't see Snow Miser getting in over like, Rudolph or even Santa Claus, but I suppose it's possible.

Could be cool, but only if he comes with Heat Miser

Noms:
Cat in the Hat (who has a movie by Warner Brothers in production right now) x 5
Just so you both know, you need at least 4 sentences per character for your ratings and noms to count.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I am NOT sam and i will not let people claim me to be such.

Chance - 5%. Honestly I don't see much of a reason to add him. This Netflix show seems to be pretty good, but it's gone pretty under the radar - this was only the second time I've heard someone mention it. It's also weird in that it's a Warner show on Netflix, instead of HBOMax. There might not be much incentive to promote it - especially because it's done, it's second season was confirmed to be it's last. You could go backwards and add it because of the Seuss book, but that would also be weird - Seussian creations like The Grinch, The Cat in the Hat, and The Lorax are much more iconic. Hell, when I think about Green Eggs and Ham I think of the other guy, not Sam-I-Am. Alltogether, probably not.

Want - 0%. I do not like Green Eggs and Ham. I do not like them, Tony-My-Man. I don't want them near Bugs Bunny, I don't want them close to Shaggy. I don't want them in the Batcave, I don't want them while Black Adam shaves. I do not want them, Tony-My-Man (Seriously, I abstain because I couldn't care less).

Mister Ten Below

Chance - 15%. This is another weird one, because this feels like it should be substantially likelier than it is. The Rankin-Bass Christmas movies are iconic, and The Year Without a Santa Claus is easily the most iconic of the ones owned by Warner. And yet... I honestly can't give it much more then I did. I really can't see them adding a character from either of these movies. I can't even tell you why, it's just giving me vibes that say "this isn't happening".

Want - Abstain. I didn't watch this movie until I was much too old to be nostalgic for it, so I can't really give it a high rating here. Rudolph would get a high score, as would Frosty, but Snow Miser... I can't bring myself to care.

Noms: Fortnite X Max

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Peppa Pig
Chance: 1%
Want: No score

Concept: Any roster overlap with Super Smash Bros
Chance: 16.07%
Want: 35%

Noms List

50+
Alex DeLarge x55
Concept: Milf Manor stage x54
Sanda and/or Gaira x50

25-49
Cyborg x35
Uncle Grandpa x33
Venture Brothers rep x32
Shang Tsung x30
Fortnite rep x30
Annoying Orange x29
Riverdale rep x28
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Migo (Smallfoot) x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Osmosis Jones x22
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x15
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x15
Gundam x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Professor Fate x10
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x10
Duncan Idaho x8
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Concept: Marvel characters x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

The day will end early in the morning.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Is mine good now?
Yes it is.

Day over.

Rate Homelander from The Boys, as well as Gilligan from Gilligan's island.

Here are some videos to get into the superhero (with a temper) mood:

And here are some videos to get into the island survival mood:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yes it is.

Day over.

Rate Homelander from The Boys, as well as Gilligan from Gilligan's island.

Here are some videos to get into the superhero (with a temper) mood:

And here are some videos to get into the island survival mood:
Here we go

“Listen Annica, I'm the Homelander”
"Mhm"-Annica
"and i can do whatever the f**k i want"
Homelander
His Theme: Homelander's Theme a.k.a The Violin Meme
Alt Theme: Diabolical Invincible Me(Omni-Man Vs. Homelander) from DEATH BATTLE

50%: The Boys is a action(and i think drama too) tv show on Amazon Prime, it is based on the originally comic by Wildstorm name “The Boys”(Obviously)

The show centers in a world were superheroes exist but they aren’t like the ones who saved the day but they secretly have shown their evil side more often, hence why people such as Billy Butcher(the main protagonist of the story) & his gang are out to take these heroes down, show them who’s boss & get revenge for their own mistakes(in this case billy, i don’t know about th rest).

The first season was such a major success, making the boys one of amazon’s popular series gaining two more seasons including an upcoming fourth one, it also has an animated spin-off “The Boys: Diabolical” which focuses on different characters with different animation styles including homelander, the show’s also been released on DVD both current 3 seasons albeit with the first two seasons being the one i’ve seen, my brother owns the dvd & i bought it for him(if my memory is correct on this).

As for the status of this, it would’ve been lower considering the connections & homelander’s only support being a Multiversus Mod(which is likely removed from the internet by now), however with the recent addition of some of DC’s Cartoons transferring over to Amazon’s streaming service this

60%: Homelander, the superlying f**k face….i don’t have much opinions on him personally i’ve only seen him in DEATH BATTLE in The Seven Battle Royale & His fight with Omni-Man later on. Those were actually my first exposure to the boys, the rest of the show i’ve seen clips such as Billy Bucher fighting Translucent & A-Train making a naked soldier into roadkill.

Although i wouldn’t want to sympathize with homelander for his actions and attitude, plus thinking about makes me disgruntled

Giligan
Abstain: I've never seen Giligan's Island and i don't know if i recognize any references of it in the stuff i watch, i have spotted the complete series at Walmart though but i had never picked it up maybe i would convince myself to buy it to check out the show sometime.

Nominations
Uncle Grandpa
Osmosis Jones

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Homelander

Chance-50%
Homelander's comic being published by Wildstorm does help his chances out due to their connection with DC. Also his TV series have a successful run going on too. It also seems like Homelander is one of the bigger characters on The Boys which helps too.

Want-0%
The Boys isn't really my type of series. I don't really care about Homelander either.

Giligan- Abstain, I heard of his series before but I don't really recall anything enough to say what his chances are.

Noms
Cyborg- x10

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Here Comes The Boy

I had to do a bit of research here and yeah the original The Boys comic was published by WildStorm during the time they were owned by DC. The problem is they don't actually own the rights to the comic series, the rights lie with the creator. The WildStorm universe also seems to be entirely separate from DC proper so I don't think the comic helps his chances much. What does help is the Amazon show which is the only reason anyone even knows about this character at all. I could see them maybe wanting to do some cross promotion if third parties are on the table and Amazon is game, but they'd also have to work out likeness issues because they ain't adding Homelander if it's not the TV show version in my opinion. There's also the issue of would they even go for Homelander if third parties from Amazon are on the table. They could, Broccolis willing, try for Bond instead. I dunno, the connection seems a bit too flimsy for them to put him in without any input from the Bezos Corporation.

Want: 30%

It might be me being unfamiliar with the source material, but in gameplay wouldn't he just be Superman Again? I dunno, I can't really bring myself to be too excited for PG-13 rated Homelander, but it'd be great to see some of Homelander's over the top expressions re-contextualized and brought in as taunts.

HERE ON GILLIGAN'S ISLE

Chance: 10%

Even if you haven't seen Gilligan's Island, you probably at least know the premise or the theme song. This show is pretty legendary for something that aired for three seasons in the 60's and it's been endlessly referenced and parodied over the years. Warner acquired the rights to Gilligan's Island due to a number of buyouts - the series was originally owned by United Artists which was purchased by Turner Broadcasting in 1986. Though Turner was later forced to sell most of the UA library, he retained the rights to Gillian's Island. Even when saddled with absurd amounts of debt, Gilligan is just too valuable to sell. Warner would acquire Turner Broadcasting in the 90's, and they now manage distribution for the series. It's a legendary show that has a lot of value in name recognition, but in the context of Multiversus, I feel like that's all the property has going for it. The overlap between Multiversus Fans and Gilligan Enjoyers is going to be very small, and you'd have to sort out the likeness issues to even include Gilligan in the first place.

Want: 60%

Unfamiliar with the actual show that I am, my rating is moreso for the thought of having the theme song playing on a stage. It's a real shame stages are tied to characters (excluding the trophy stages) because having stages based on legendary shows like Gilligan's Island would be a fantastic way to represent shows that probably would either not lend themselves to a character, or in Gilligan's case, would likely not be received as well by the fanbase. I can't really speak much to Gilligan's moveset potential, but he's a bumbler so he'd fit in with some of the more slapstick characters in the game quite well.

Noms: Half on Milf Manor, Half on Duncan Idaho

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Gilligan

Chance: 44%

While it isn't in the talks much these days, Gilligan's Island is one of the most iconic sitcoms of all time. There were countless references to and crossovers with it in later shows, and it was something both younger and older viewers can enjoy. However, other sitcom characters are more likely, due to being more recognizable in the modern day. As someone who has seen the show, I can say the moveset potential isn't anything over the top. Maybe Gilligan could bash his opponent on the head with a coconut? He's stupid and often messes up the castaways' plans to get off the island, so maybe this could translate into sabotaging his opponent's moves? I don't know.

Want: 67%

Frankly, I don't know exactly who I would pick to represent the franchise. I don't think I ever had a favorite character when watching the show on MeTV; I enjoyed the characters equally. I don't think anyone's moveset potential is particularly greater than Gilligan's, either. Maybe the Professor could do something with science, or Ginger could do something with seduction.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Abstaining on Homelander as I have never seen the boys and don't know much about it.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

Gilligan

Chance: 30%

Gilligan is the title character from the 1960s sitcom Gilligan's Island. As the theme song explains, the show is about 7 people who end up stranded on a deserted island and their attempts to escape the island. Apart from Gilligan we have the Skipper, Mr and Mrs Howell (the Millionaire and his Wife), Ginger (the Movie Star), The Professor, and Mary Ann.

Each episode of the show chronicles one of three things:
1. The castaways attempt to escape the island
2. Something happens on the island, whether it be the discovery of wildlife or items from the mainland washed up
3. A guest star comes on the island. With some exceptions this always overlaps with 1.

The show was a moderate success but was pulled after three seasons due to CBS deciding to continue Gunsmoke. Since then there have been numerous animated spinoffs (one of them has the castaways escape the island, only to end up on a planet), revival movies, and other ventures. Although CBS aired the show, they do not own it. Instead United Artists owned the show until 1986, when Turner Entertainment purchased MGM and United Artists but sold them back, getting a variety of shows and movies in the process, Gilligan's Island being one of them. Warner purchased Turner in 1996 and Gilligan's Island has sat under the WB umbrella since.

Although a classic sitcom character, Gilligan faces stiff competition from other characters. In sitcoms alone, Big Bang Theory and Friends alone are considered more popular and lend themselves more easily to moveset potential.

Want: 100%

Gilligan is one of my most wanted characters for this game. Some of the things he could do would be wacky and involve creativity (such as using the propeller bike). Despite his looks, he is very animated and athletic and could provide quick (albeit weak) attacks. The alt costume potential is also astounding since the show incorporated lots of dream sequences with the cast in different outfits. Overall, Gilligan would provide a quirky character play style with a beautiful looking stage.

Noms: All to Professor Fate (The Great Race)

D

Deleted member

Gonna abstain on Gilligan. I'm aware of the show through pop culture references but I don't actually know anything about it.

Chance - 10%
Homelander is a character from the popular Amazon TV series the Boys, based on the comic of the same by Garth Innis. A parody of Superman. The show is super popular, on its foruth season, has already had an animated spinoff and is about to receive a live action spin off. Homelander is by far the most popular character. Anthony Star's portrayal wom praise, and the character also has a lot of memes All this said, WB have nothing to do with the show, its produced by Sony Pictures television and airs on Amazon Prime. But the boys does have a link to WB. The comic was published by Wildstorm, a former imprint of DC, for the first six issues. But DC canceled the book due to being uncomfortable publishing a series that was a direct attack on the superhero genre and featured takes on their biggest characters. DC allowed the rights to revert to the creator and the comic was picked up at Dynamite Entertainment, where it went on to become fairly successful. Would DC really want a character from this series? Regimes have changed enough that its probably water under the bridge by now, but we can't really know for sure. There's also the worry that Homerlander may be too similar to Superman, as they share the sake abilities, and what sets him apart is his violent nature, something that would likely have to be toned down. There's always the potential of s skin, but they act so differently that i doing think think they would fit. I do think you could !aka him stand apart from Clark, but it's still something to think about. Homelander is also a pretty messed up character, and while we do have Arya Stark, I do wonder how comfortable they'd be with him being in. I've seen people bring up Billy Butcher, Homerlanders main enemy, as a potential character, but I'm not sure I see them doing that. I don't think this is impossible if we start to get guest characters, the show is extremely popular and people want to finally get that Homelander vs Superman match up, but I think rights issues and tonal issues will likely hurt his chances. I think Homelander or another boys character showing up in a new Mortal Kombat or Injustice is more likely if anything.

Want - 50%
I really did not the enjoy Boys the comic. I've enjoyed some of Garth Innis's work in the past but this one simply does not do it for me. I think it has some good moments, but is kind of too edgy and grimdaek for its own good. It relies way too heavily on shock value. So I wasn't that interested when a television adaptation was announced. But it ended up being great! Its a very good show. Homelander is an extremely memorable character with some great moments, one of the best television villains. I think it would be fun to have him for the interactions alone. I do think you could make him different enough from Superman to make him work. But part of me also likes that the boys is it's own thing separate from the other superhero worlds, and it might seem a little weird to mash them together when such a big part of its whole thing is making fun of the whole superhero craze and the whole corporatision of it all. it might feel a little weird to include hik. But at the same time Homelander interacting with Steven Universe is now stick in my head and I need to see that happen.

Speaking of superheroes: Noms to Supergirl, Booster Gold and Swamp Thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Literally Me

Chance - 5%. Homelander is weird in this situation. The The Boys comics were initially published by DC, but they don't actually own the rights. This means that adding him would be going out of their way to add a superhero character, which feels a bit pointless. DC has an insanely vast pool of potential characters to be added, and the Gunn regime will likely make re-invigorating obscure characters a focal point - further deepening the well. There's also the slight issue where The Boys is a scathing critique of Superheroes as a whole. The main reason DC dropped the series was because the series was a bit too anti-superhero, and the move to the new publisher gave them plenty more wiggle room. Would DC really want to promote a series where an obvious Superman pastiche is a raging megalomaniac? It's not like DC as a company is short on critical takes on the genre, you could add someone from The Authority (who I think are a dark Justice League pastiche?) if you so choose. Or hell, you could go with a character from Watchmen, without a doubt DC's most beloved non-mainline comic series (sure, Alan Moore probably wouldn't like it, but when has Warner listened to him?). It's not impossible, but I don't really see a reason to go for him. I think if you want an Amazon Prime superhero show with a dark take on Superman, Invincible is your best bet

Want - Abstain. I haven't watched or read The Boys.

The Island from Gilligan's Island

Chance - 20%. Gilligan is a series that feels a bit irrelevant. Obviously it's irrelevant in the Smash sense, but I mean it more in a cultural way. It's something that older generations (Baby Boomers/Gen Xers/maybe early Millennials) are very fond of, but younger people don't much care for. Unlike a lot of other big properties from Warner's back catalog, it hasn't seen a big revival attempted at any point in the modern day. As best I can tell, the series has been untouched since the 60's - leading to Zoomers like me not really knowing much about it. And that's the thing - this game's target demographic is almost the inverse of the Gilligan Enjoyers (later Millennials and Gen Z). Would Gilligan really be an appealing choice to the fandom where the top requests are Walter White and 2000's cartoon characters? I don't know. Obviously there's a chance Gilligan gets a reboot eventually, or even becomes a meme to make it more popular with youth, but as it stands I don't know.

Want - Abstain. I don't think I've seen Gilligan's Island, but maybe I've caught a few reruns I don't know.

Noms: Fortnite

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Coughing hydrogen baby

The Boys show is owned by Amazon who I don't see collabing with Multiversus, especially with them trying to build up their own Prime Gaming division (see their recent Tomb Raider stuff). It's still possible, but until Multiversus is available on Prime Gaming then I feel like Amazon is going to be primarily reserving their characters for their own projects. They might also just avoid The Boys as a whole since a lot of the characters are redundant when they already have the DC library to use.

Want: 75%
I really like The Boys (the show at least, not the overly edgy comic). It is admittedly overplaying the superheroes but bad trope, but is still entertaining and has great performances especially from Homelander and Butcher.

The main issue that Homelander and the rest of the Seven have in regards to me wanting them more is their originality; The Seven are direct parodies of specific superheroes and thus don't have too much to offer in terms of additional moveset ideas. A-Train is a weaker version of the Flash, Queen Maeve is Wonder Woman without her lasso, The Deep is Aquaman if he were a total loser, etc. Normally I wouldn't mind this when thinking about these characters in a fighting game, but Multiversus already has access to a good chunk of the DC library so getting The Seven would feel redundant. In Homelander's case, he's basically Superman but without all of his extra abilities like say ice breath.

In regards to other The Boys reps, I would probably prefer either Butcher or Soldier Boy gameplay-wise. Butcher because he's got a crowbar and you can probably make a cool moveset where you have to control the amount of V24 doses he takes. Soldier Boy since he's a parody of Captain America (who we probably aren't getting since Marvel) and you can do some unique stuff with his radiation beams.

That said though, it would still be amusing to see what dialogue interactions Superman and Homelander have between each other (I imagine it'd just be Clark ripping into Homelander). And while they obviously can't make Homelander super violent/inappropriate, I think a hilarious work-around would be to make him overly patriotic/heroic like how he's portrayed by Vought in-universe. We've seen Multiversus sneak in messed up references like Arya's pies so I wouldn't put it past them to do something like make Homelander proudly drink a glass of milk in his victory animation. Playing off of the cheesiness of the in-universe Vought stuff is probably the best way to incorporate one of The Seven into a game like this.

-----

Abstaining on Gilligan's Island.

-----

I'll place all of my noms towards Buddy the Elf

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The Boys

Chance
: 5%

Yeah, I don't think I have much to add here but the Boys really have a very small chance of being in this game. The only thing that makes getting any content from this franchise likely is its popularity and past ties to DC, neither of which gives it a particular upper leg. The characters mostly being copies of existing Justice League heroes definitely doesn't help, though I'm sure there are ways to circumvent that. While I doubt the adult nature of the series would affect its chances by itself, I assume it might be easier to add similar characters owned by Warner Bros, for example, Midnight and Apollo - who are also darker takes on Batman and Superman and also has the advantage of The Authority being one of the confirmed titles of the new DCU.

Aside from the aforementioned reasons, nothing about the Boys particularly interests me. It's simply not my thing and I'd rather have actual superheroes in a goofy platform fighter than their deconstructions.

Nominations: Shared between Migo (Smallfoot) and Sam (Trick'r'Treat)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Gilligan. I’m aware of its existence via cultural osmosis, but otherwise I’m way too unfamiliar with the series to truly weigh in. I’m also mostly unfamiliar with The Boys, but I feel like I have more to say about it so I’m gonna go ahead and take a crack at rating Homeboy.

Drew like a dark, ****ed up version of superman haha. Just a glimpse into my dark reality. A full stare into my twisted perspective would make most simply go insane lmao

I’m gonna keep this brief since everyone else has summarized the situation well, but considering the Boys franchise is more closely tied to Amazon, I don’t think the Multiversus team is gonna try and negotiate the rights for him when there’s a huge pool of DC superheroes they could add with less hassle. There was the brief period of time that the Boys comics were published under one of DC’s subsidiaries, but that connection is tenuous at best and as far as I can tell they don’t own the rights anymore. If the floodgates open for third parties I could maybe see Homelander happening, but at that point the pool of candidates would be so broad that I don’t even know if The Boys would be a top priority. At this point I think he’d be more likely as a guest character in the next Injustice game or something.

I have yet to watch The Boys so forgive me if this assessment is completely off-base, but this kinda feels like a Watchmen situation where the way the source material critiques the concept of superheroes for political commentary makes it an awkward fit amongst the rest of the DC cast. Granted from what I can gather, The Boys is much more over-the-top than Watchmen and the creator seem to be treated with much more respect than Alan Moore was at DC, so it’s not quite as egregious. Still, the contrast of having a series whose core premise is “if superheroes were real, they’d be used to uphold the interests of the state rather than help those in need” mixed in with the (mostly) morally upright superheroes of DC would probably create a pretty jarring contrast that sort of undermines the message of the former. Again, I’m not that familiar with The Boys outside of what some of my friends have told me about it, so I might just be reading too much into things.

All noms on Riverdale

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sam-I-Am
Chance: 15.83%
Want: 34%

Snow Miser
Chance: 16%
Want: 85%

Noms List

50+
Concept: Milf Manor stage x61
Alex DeLarge x55
Sanda and/or Gaira x50

25-49
Cyborg x45
Fortnite rep x45
Uncle Grandpa x38
Riverdale rep x36
Annoying Orange x34
Venture Brothers rep x32
Shang Tsung x30
Osmosis Jones x27
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Migo (Smallfoot) x25

1-24
Buddy the Elf x24
Duncan Idaho x23
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Gundam x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Professor Fate x10
Eva Ernst x10
Wilt x8
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Ryo Hazuki x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Cat in the Hat x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Me and The Boys are stranded on a island.

Abstain on this day too. I'm honestly burnt out on rating things and I'm not feeling this one. I do plan on getting back into the groove of things here since this upcoming schedule is shaping into something spicy.

Noms: Gundam x10

Day over.

Rate Barbie, as well as Rue Bennett from Euphoria.

Here are some videos to get into the mood for a big Barbie world:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to see how Spider-Man's girlfriend handles seeing the ending of No Way Home:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on Rue

Barbie

Chance- 10%
Barbie having a live action film coming up by Warner Bros makes me think she gets over 5% at least. The major issue I see against her is Mattel Inc might cause a hassle regarding copyrights with Barbie and possibility of not wanting Barbie in these types of games.

Want-70%
Barbie is a pretty cool doll and I like her. I could imagine her having an unique moveset I might enjoy a lot, such as elements from the movies she's been in combined with fashion based ones.

Noms- Cyborg- x10

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Smashboards stopped giving updates to this thread just like all the rest and it's starting to tick me off.

Edit at at 10:21 PM: Never Mind

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Barbie

Chance
: 15%

Here comes a woman who needs no introductions.

The upcoming Barbie movie is made by Warner Bros, which is what makes her a plausible candidate for this game in the first place. Other than that, I don't think she has a notable connection with WBD, with Barbie's animation library recently moving to Netflix rather than, say, HBO Max. Though it should be stated that this movie is kind of a big deal. The teaser trailer was extremely well-received by fans who were waiting for this after a long development hell and concerns about actor choices. While it's hard to say for sure how much of a splash it will make upon release, there's a good chance that this film will create a strong relationship with the Barbie brand and the WBD.

That being said, the game currently isn't in a hurry to add third-party characters and if they ever get around to starting to add them, Barbie will likely miss the window for promoting her movie, unlike Black Adam or LeBron James, not to say that was the only reason for their addition. Also, while Barbie is undeniably a massive pop culture icon, she is a stranger to fighting games. Sure, she could be a detective, a secret agent, and an astronaut but her brand notably tends to avoid solving problems with direct violence. This could be remedied by giving her a fighting style akin to Iron Giant or Velma but potential worries on Mattel's part should be kept in mind.

Also, Barbie lacks a vocal fanbase for her inclusion in Multiversus compared to some other third parties. That being said, I think she has a chance to be a sleeper pick, as she has a lot of appeal and uniqueness that would make headlines if she made it in, despite all that holds her back.

Barbie is easily my most wanted non-WB character in this game bar none. I was a huge Barbie fan as a kid, both her animated movies and dolls, and she's one of the biggest influences that shaped my taste in fictional characters. I love how she can fit into and excel at any scenario she's placed in and look good in pink while doing so.

Her moveset could be a reference to all kinds of occupations and hobbies she picked up over the course of more than 50 years. Her dialogue alone would make me spend actual money on Barbie, something I haven't done so far. Ideally, her characterization would akin to Life in the Dreamhouse, where she's a loving parody of her toy line and how over-competent she is at everything and it would be great to see. Imagine her talking about being a princess and superhero at the same time to Wonder Woman or reference the same classic stories she and Tom & Jerry appeared in.

Overall, Barbie is a great character and a longtime fave of mine. If she's ever going to duke it out with other pop culture icons, Multiversus is the best fit for her with its focus on teamwork and lighthearted movesets. Add her and I'd never ask for Player First Games for anything ever again.

Nominations: Shared between Migo (Smallfoot) and Sam (Trick'r'Treat)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie World...My Foes in Hearses, in Multiversus!

Barbie is a character known all over the world, and her new upcoming movie helps give her a strong and modern tie to the WB. So as far as third parties go, this is great. Barbie's issues, however, are threefold in my eyes. The first issue is just that...she's third party, owned by Mattel. That alone makes her far less likely in my mind. While third parties definitely haven't been ruled out, I think we'd get a very small amount at most, if any at all, and that makes the landscape rocky. Following that, she doesn't have a lot of vocal demand compared to other third parties, like Walter White as one example. That could mean she's not necessarily on the developers' collective radar. Finally, Mattel is incredibly protective of her image as an icon for children. Barbie has had a history of controversies arising from parents taking issue with her portrayal, so this is something Mattel is keenly aware of, and may breed some form of hesitation.

Want: 50%

I'm mostly indifferent, but she'd be fun! Given the nature of her doll line and extended universe, she has near limitless moveset potential, allowing her to fit in as pretty much any role, depending on which role the developers feel they need more of in the game. That being said, I'm also not actively asking for her and wouldn't lose any sleep over her not being in the game.

All noms on Wilt.

D

Deleted member

Life in Plastic
Chance - 10%
Barbie is a massive media franchise. The franchise is owned by Mattel, and has been licensed out to various companies for things like animated films and video gamss. Most relevanly, Barbie is about to get a live action movie by Warner Brothers pictures. Droecfed by Oscar writer and director Greta Gerwig and starring Margot Robbie. The film is one of web's biggest releases this year and is hugely hyped due to the creatives and cast involved and the promising trailer. We've seen MVS do some cross promotion with Black Adam, even if it did end up being fairly late, so it's possible they may want to premote it. But they don't own Barbie outright so they'd have to go to Mattel. Its possible they may not want Barbie in a game like this. They may also want to use a character like He-Man instead. Barbie does have the moveset potential to work, and I trust the team to do something wild with her. I just don't think she has any real fan demand. I definitely think its possible but I'm not expecting it.

Want - 40%
Sure. Barbie's not exactly a property I'm familiar with but I think they could do something fun with her taking from all her appearances, plus the alternative costume potential is off the charts. I'm extremely non ironically exicted for the upcoming film due to the caliber of talent involved. I'm not super interested in wacky haha picks just for the sake of being wacky haha picks. But Barbie actually seems like she would be pretty fun

I clearly had a very different high school experience than the writers of this show
Chance - 0%
Euphoria is an acalimed HBO show written and created by Sam Levinson and starring Zendaya. Set in a high school, Euphoria follows a group of characters navigating life wjile dealing with their various issues . Zendaya stars as Rue, a recovering drug addict who tries to find her place in the world while dealing with her relationships to her friends and family, particularly her messy romance with Hunter Schafer's Jules. The series has been a massive hit crticly, and is one of HBO's biggest shows. Dispite some messy behind the scenes drama, the show is currently set for a third season. But I honestly cannot see them dipping into it for this game. For one. You'd have to deal with actor likenesses and Zendaya is a major a level star. But the most important thing holding any Euphoira rep back is the shows conent. The show has been critized for its adult themes and deals with subjects like sex and drug use. It's an adult show and while yes, there's a Game of Thrones character on our roster, GOT is still, for all its content, ultimately a fantasy show with dragons and swords. Its much easier to remove Arya Stark f rom the context of her home series than it is with anyone from this show. They're literally just normal humans. Maybe if there was a meme bandwagon like Walter White or Tony Soprano, but I still don't see it.

Want - 0%
Yes. I nomimated this but that was pretty much only because I found how ill fitting it was kinda amusing. Euphoria isn't the type of thing I'd normally be into but I thought it was extremely well made and well acted with some great character stuff. But I didn't finish season 2. I felt it dipped too much into the elements I didn't like about S1 and became over the top. I was tempted to give this a 1 or a 2 for how bizarre it would be. But ultimately it feels weird and I worry about making light of the subjects the show deals with. If they want a Zendaya there's always Lola Bunny.

Noms to Foghorn Leghorn

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
"I'm a Barbie Girl, in the Barbie World"-Barbie's Theme Song
Barbie(There's no pink)
Her Theme: I'm a Barbie Girl
Alt Theme: N/A

49%: Barbie is one of the most popular & well known characters in the toy industry, barbie at the moment is getting a movie from Warner Brothers which is being directed by Grete Girwig who was best known for co-making Hanna Takes the Stairs and Nights and Weekends, she also collaborated with Noah Baumbach for films such as Isle of Dogs.

The Upcoming Film would be a great opportunity for Warner Brothers to promote Barbie in Multiversus & bringing her in as one of the guest characters however there doesn't seen likely for that and as explained by everyone here it's possible Mattel won't let Warner Brothers use Barbie if they're protective over the IP so this would likely damper her chances.

But...anything is possible so never say never.

40%: I am familiar with Barbie, but i've never really seen any of her media outside of Toy Story, i was expose with the commercials of her toyline & even the theme song and then toy story was how i got to recognize barbie 100%

Rue Bennett
Abstain: I don't want this show and i don't wish to watch it at all.

Nominations
Uncle Grandpa
Annoying Orange
Osmosis Jones
Cyborg

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey Dangan? where's the ratings for Homelander & Giligan?
If you mean the calcs, they are probably coming either tonight or tomorrow. I've just been busy and I'm in a lazy mood today. They will come when they come.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Best Film of 2023

Chance: 15%

The main thing in Barbie's favor right now is the upcoming movie being distributed by Warner Bros. Pretty much every other facet of the brand has no involvement from Warner, but you could probably make the case that the film is big enough to warrant some extra promotional push. When you've got an acclaimed director such as Greta Gerwig and an A-list cast featuring Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, and Will Ferrel, it makes sense that Warner is gonna wanna push Barbie as one of their big upcoming releases. Plus, it's Barbie! Everyone knows who she is, so she's bound to draw in massive amounts of attention! It all depends on if they wanna do a cross-promotional character for the movie, because anytime after the movie stops being relevant is probably going to be too late, as there's nothing else tying her to the WB brand.

As someone who was assigned male at birth and was expected to perform masculinity, I don't have much nostalgic attachment to the Barbie brand, neither the toys nor the numerous tie-ins. Despite this, I would pop the **** off for Barbie for two main reasons. The first of which is that I am incredibly excited for the upcoming movie. Normally I shouldn't have any reason to be excited for a toy tie-in movie, but when you have Greta Gerwig on as director and a fantastic cast, I genuinely think this is going to be something special. Lady Bird is one of my favorite films of all time and I've heard nothing but great things about the 2019 Little Women adaptation, so I have no reason to believe Gerwig isn't going to at the very least deliver something incredibly charming, if not unique and emotionally impactful. The second reason is actually moveset potential. With as many jobs and hobbies that Barbie has participated in, her moveset potential is just about limitless, and as a huge Style Savvy Smash supporter I would love if they leaned into the whole dress-up doll aspect and gave her a gimmick surrounding her various outfits. Whatever they end up doing with her is going to end up being incredibly unique and fun, so even without the upcoming movie, I'm all in!

Zendaya is Meechee

Chance: 1%

Euphoria's unlikeliness of getting has less to do with the show's lack of relevance or popularity or any legal mumbo-jumbo, and more to do with the content of the show itself. Maybe it's just the circle of friends I hang out with, but Euphoria is incredibly popular, probably one of HBO's most popular shows at the moment. Weekly discussions dominated social media sites such as Twitter while it was airing and it's gotten plenty of praise from critics and fans alike. The main thing stopping Rue from getting in is that the show's premise really isn't conducive to a wacky platform fighter.

Like, at all.

For those not familiar with the show, the main conflict of Euphoria is Rue's struggle with drug addiction as a coping mechanism for mental illness and how it's affecting the people in her life, particularly her family, friends, and her love interest Jules. Each of the other side characters also deal with similarly heavy issues in their lives, and the whole show is basically just exploring the different extreme hardships these high schoolers face. Given the sensitive nature of the show, I can't see the Euphoria team or Multiversus devs wanting to sign off on an inclusion that would ultimately be considered tasteless by most.

I should preface this by saying this low rating isn't out of a dislike of Euphoria. I put the show on hold partway through episode 4 because of a sequence that was a bit too much for me to handle at the time, but what I have seen of the show is pretty good! It has a little bit of that "how do you do, fellow kids" awkwardness you'd expect out of a high school drama, but I think it handles its heavy subject matter well for the most part and the character writing is really good! It's also refreshing to see a show being so casual about its queer romance between the two leads and not being overly congratulatory about it, especially considering the main love interest is also a trans woman. I've heard from some friends who are caught up that Season 2 takes a noticeable dip in quality so I'm not really in a rush to get back into it, but I did enjoy my brief time with it!

With that said, I do not feel comfortable putting these characters in the wacky Ultra Instinct Shaggy game given the subject matter the show deals with. I think there's a leagues difference between something like Game of Thrones, a fantasy action show where everyone can fight for themselves, and a high school drama where the main character is a mentally ill drug addict surrounded by characters who are all unpacking similarly heavy baggage themselves. There's no way to include Euphoria content without it feeling gross and as much as I liked what I watched of the show, it's for the best that it doesn't get included here.

All noms on Ryo Hazuki

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Homelander
Chance: 16.88%
Want: 32.14%

Gillligan
Chance: 26%
Want: 75.67%

Noms List

50+
Concept: Milf Manor stage x71
Fortnite rep x65
Alex DeLarge x55
Cyborg x55
Riverdale rep x51
Sanda and/or Gaira x50

25-49
Uncle Grandpa x46
Buddy the Elf x39
Annoying Orange x34
Osmosis Jones x34
Duncan Idaho x33
Venture Brothers rep x32
Shang Tsung x30
Migo (Smallfoot) x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Gundam x25

1-24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Wilt x8
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Ryo Hazuki x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Cat in the Hat x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Swamp Thing x5
Sam (Trick r Treat) x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Rue

Chance: 0.01%

This score is really harsh but there is a good reason for it. This show is about a high school girl dealing with drug addiction and how that affects multiple aspects of her life. With a premise like that, I cannot fathom how they could incorporate Rue and a moveset for her without it coming off as forced or in poor taste.

Like with the people above, I don't feel comfortable having a show of this nature be included in MultiVersus. I've heard that the show is really good and in that sense I can appreciate it. But just because something is good, that doesn't automatically mean it's a proper fit for a wacky fighting game.

Abstain on Barbie.

Noms:
Sanda/Gaira x6
Ryo Hazuki x4

The day will end either tomorrow or Monday.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
(For my ratings, I'm pretending that Multiversus is in a healthy position)

Barbie

Chance - 50%. I'm going a bit higher for this one than it seems most are. The upcoming movie is a Warner production, and I can see them wanting to promote it a good bit. While yes, they don't own Barbie, I don't know how important that is. For example, I don't think Warner actually owns Game of Thrones (or, to be more clear, A Song of Ice and Fire), and yet Arya was able to be added without much hassle. I think Barbie could be a very similar example. As for what her moveset would be... no idea, but Barbies have been around for so long I bet there's enough bull**** to piece together something.

Want - Abstain. Barbies are for girls and girls are gross and have cooties. Ignore my profile. Seriously though, i can't say i have much familiarity with Barbie. If the movie is as good as people are saying, than maybe I'll watch it, but until then i don't really care.

Euphoria

Chance - 5%. I can't really say anything distinct from what everyone else said. Considering the heavy themes and the lack of more fantastical elements, i can't see a reason for this to be added. Then again, the top request for this game is a meth kingpin from another mature, grounded series. Maybe after enough time passes, this series will become perceived as a more reasonable addition? We'll see, but I think ᑐᑌᑎᑕ ᑐᑌᑎᑕ has the likelier Zendaya

Want - Abstain. I haven't watched Euphoria, and considering the subject matter I don't foresee that changing. Also, this show seems to be more popular with women, who as previously stated, have cooties.

Noms: Fortnite x Max

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Concept: Fortnite rep, as well as Concept: MILF Manor stage.

For the Fortnite rating, we are only rating the game's original characters, such as Jonesy, Ramirez, Banshee, etc. So in other words, no guest characters like Spider-Man or Master Chief.

Without a further ado, let's get into the mood to decide where to land boys:

And here is a video to get into the mood.....for this show:

Due to the nature of this show I don't want to share anymore videos but I think you get the drift.

Noms List - Before Lockdown

50+
Fortnite rep x80
Concept: Milf Manor stage x71
Cyborg x67
Sanda and/or Gaira x56
Alex DeLarge x55
Riverdale rep x51

25-49
Uncle Grandpa x49
Buddy the Elf x39
Migo (Smallfoot) x38
Annoying Orange x37
Osmosis Jones x36
Duncan Idaho x33
Venture Brothers rep x32
Ryo Hazuki x31
Shang Tsung x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Gundam x25

1-24
Wilt x23
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Foghorn Leghorn x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Sam (Trick r Treat) x12
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Cat in the Hat x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Swamp Thing x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED NOW. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 121 - Concept: Fortnite rep and Concept: MILF Manor stage
Day 122 - Cyborg (DC Comics) & Sanda and/or Gaira (War of the Gargantuas)
Day 123 - Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange) and Concept: Riverdale rep
Day 124 - Uncle Grandpa and Buddy the Elf (Elf)
Day 125 - Migo (Smallfoot) and Annoying Orange
Day 126 - April Fools Day Surprise
Day 127 - Osmosis Jones and Duncan Idaho (Dune)
Day 128 - Concept: Venture Bros rep and Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue)

Noms List - After Lockdown

50+

25-49
Shang Tsung x30
Krypto the Superdog x25
Aquaman x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
King Shark x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Gundam x25

1-24
Wilt x23
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Foghorn Leghorn x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
Leonidas x15
Yogi Bear x13
Tanjiro x13
Sam (Trick r Treat) x12
Jackie Chan x11
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Aunt Slappy Squirrel x6
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Sylvester and Tweety x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Cat in the Hat x5
Supergirl x5
Booster Gold x5
Swamp Thing x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Averages for Barbie and Rue coming sometime soon.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’ll be paying careful attention to the ratings regarding MILF Manor due to the nature of the show.

Try to keep it PG. Anything too far will be dealt with.

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Fortnight

This is an interesting topic. Fortnite is absolutely massive and Fortnite's own crossovers generate a ton of press. Fortnite's also collaborated with WB a bunch with DC, Rick, Dune, and other properties. There are two big issues with a potential Fortnite crossover in my mind:
  1. Fortnite's own original characters would only really be sellable to the Fortnite crowd and it's unlikely they'd hop over to Multiversus and, more importantly, spend money to play as Jonesy or Geno or someone, which makes the collaboration unappealing to both parties.
  2. Would Epic really care enough to bother licensing content out for a smaller game.
The second thing is the bigger problem. Epic would make significantly more money doing collaborations within Fortnite itself than licensing out Fortnite characters to WB for use. That being said, it is Fortnite so I don't think it would be impossible, just that I highly doubt either party is interested in making it happen.

Want: Abstain

So I'm a weirdo that has never played Fortnite, and I'm sad I missed the Dune collab. If those skins are reran for Part 2 later this year, I'll finally play the game. Until then, no strong opinion. It would certainly be a thing.

This is the Future of Entertainment

For those sadly uninformed about this absolute masterpiece, Milf Manor is a reality TV show airing on TLC, which was once upon a time, known as The Learning Channel. TLC comes from the Discovery half of the company. The premise of the show is simple: eight women aged 40-60 live in the titular Manor and will be dating a group of younger men. Surprising absolutely no one especially when this was billed as "a twist," these men turn out to be their sons. Hilariously, this premise is remarkably similar to a 30 Rock joke so that already sets the standard of quality here.

Milf Manor is the future. Think of any canceled Warner Bros. project. Anything that's no longer available due to tax reasons. Anything that was actually completed and will never see the light of day. This is the end result. Quick and easy to make reality shows. Given that this is the future, having Mlf Manor content in Multiversus would be a slam dunk - unfortunately, the show, being a reality show, lacks a lead "character" so to speak, and I have the slightest suspicion that none of the contests would really make for an interesting fighting game character even ignoring likeness issues and picking one random person. Including the titular Milf Manor as a stage is truly the best way to represent the property.

Ignoring the obvious subject matter, the target audiences of Multiversus and Milf Manor do not overlap in the slightest which makes cross promotion extremely unappealing, and that is the only way this could ever feasibly happen. I highly doubt anyone of the dev team is itching to include a reality TV show stage - much less this one - when thousands of iconic WB affiliated locales are still available to choose from. Hell, given the name of the show itself could pose some issues on the content side, there's no chance this would ever seriously happen unless the executives want to push something from their new slate and forget that Gunn's DC Universe exists. It's not like they added Harry Styles from Don't Worry Darling just because it was one of the two films they released last year, there's a reason Black Adam was the main promotional pick.

Okay but what if though?

As depressing as it is that actual potentially interesting and unique content has taken a back seat to the absolute bottom of the barrel because that's what gets you money quickly, the idea is hilarious. First, you'd have the corporate side going in and telling the team that they must include Milf Manor. Just imagine, you're on a project that's a big crossover between some of the most recognizable properties in entertainment excited to work on something amazing, but some guy tells you that you gotta instead model out a random mansion in Mexico to promote this absolute dreck of a TV show that only really exists because they want to turn a quick buck. Multiversus doesn't do this but I'm imagining a Sakurai style presentation where Tony Huynh spends 5 minutes talking about all the cameos in painstaking detail, giving mini biographies of these actual real life people and I lose it. Like with any joke pick, the appeal would fade pretty quickly, but going this far down the bottom of the barrel would be something else. The titular Milf Manor being a stage in the Shaggy fighting game would represent the absolute state of Warner Bros. Discovery. The only pick that could be funnier (and less objectionable) is 90 Day Fiance Universe representation, which according to Discovery, is a franchise on par with Batman.

Noms: All on Guardians of Ga'hoole

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Fortnight

This is an interesting topic. Fortnite is absolutely massive and Fortnite's own crossovers generate a ton of press. Fortnite's also collaborated with WB a bunch with DC, Rick, Dune, and other properties. There are two big issues with a potential Fortnite crossover in my mind:
  1. Fortnite's own original characters would only really be sellable to the Fortnite crowd and it's unlikely they'd hop over to Multiversus and, more importantly, spend money to play as Jonesy or Geno or someone, which makes the collaboration unappealing to both parties.
  2. Would Epic really care enough to bother licensing content out for a smaller game.
The second thing is the bigger problem. Epic would make significantly more money doing collaborations within Fortnite itself than licensing out Fortnite characters to WB for use. That being said, it is Fortnite so I don't think it would be impossible, just that I highly doubt either party is interested in making it happen.

Want: Abstain

So I'm a weirdo that has never played Fortnite, and I'm sad I missed the Dune collab. If those skins are reran for Part 2 later this year, I'll finally play the game. Until then, no strong opinion. It would certainly be a thing.

This is the Future of Entertainment

For those sadly uninformed about this absolute masterpiece, Milf Manor is a reality TV show airing on TLC, which was once upon a time, known as The Learning Channel. TLC comes from the Discovery half of the company. The premise of the show is simple: eight women aged 40-60 live in the titular Manor and will be dating a group of younger men. Surprising absolutely no one especially when this was billed as "a twist," these men turn out to be their sons. Hilariously, this premise is remarkably similar to a 30 Rock joke so that already sets the standard of quality here.

Milf Manor is the future. Think of any canceled Warner Bros. project. Anything that's no longer available due to tax reasons. Anything that was actually completed and will never see the light of day. This is the end result. Quick and easy to make reality shows. Given that this is the future, having Mlf Manor content in Multiversus would be a slam dunk - unfortunately, the show, being a reality show, lacks a lead "character" so to speak, and I have the slightest suspicion that none of the contests would really make for an interesting fighting game character even ignoring likeness issues and picking one random person. Including the titular Milf Manor as a stage is truly the best way to represent the property.

Ignoring the obvious subject matter, the target audiences of Multiversus and Milf Manor do not overlap in the slightest which makes cross promotion extremely unappealing, and that is the only way this could ever feasibly happen. I highly doubt anyone of the dev team is itching to include a reality TV show stage - much less this one - when thousands of iconic WB affiliated locales are still available to choose from. Hell, given the name of the show itself could pose some issues on the content side, there's no chance this would ever seriously happen unless the executives want to push something from their new slate and forget that Gunn's DC Universe exists. It's not like they added Harry Styles from Don't Worry Darling just because it was one of the two films they released last year, there's a reason Black Adam was the main promotional pick.

Okay but what if though?

As depressing as it is that actual potentially interesting and unique content has taken a back seat to the absolute bottom of the barrel because that's what gets you money quickly, the idea is hilarious. First, you'd have the corporate side going in and telling the team that they must include Milf Manor. Just imagine, you're on a project that's a big crossover between some of the most recognizable properties in entertainment excited to work on something amazing, but some guy tells you that you gotta instead model out a random mansion in Mexico to promote this absolute dreck of a TV show that only really exists because they want to turn a quick buck. Multiversus doesn't do this but I'm imagining a Sakurai style presentation where Tony Huynh spends 5 minutes talking about all the cameos in painstaking detail, giving mini biographies of these actual real life people and I lose it. Like with any joke pick, the appeal would fade pretty quickly, but going this far down the bottom of the barrel would be something else. The titular Milf Manor being a stage in the Shaggy fighting game would represent the absolute state of Warner Bros. Discovery. The only pick that could be funnier (and less objectionable) is 90 Day Fiance Universe representation, which according to Discovery, is a franchise on par with Batman.

Noms: All on Agent Smith
They just did Agent Smith a year ago.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Two Weeks

I wouldn't count it out simply on account of Fortnite being an absolutely massive IP, and plenty of its characters are popular within its own fanbase. Jonesy, Peely, Geno, Midas, there are lots of potential picks based on what I constantly saw at Walmart's toy section when buying Christmas gifts this past December. The issue, though, is the fact that it's not only a third party property, but also one with a rather self contained fanbase. They're no stranger to crossovers, but those crossovers tend to be internal, not external, save for a cameo in Avengers Endgame. Which I mean, hey, that's something.

Want: 50%
I think it would make much more sense in Smash than this game, but I'd be fine with it. Boogie Bomb would be hilarious.

Manor I'd Love to Foreclose

Let's be real here, there are a lot of issues with this. The biggest is, of course, likeness issues with the concept of just adding reality tv show stars. But even beyond that there would be no fanbase overlap whatsoever. It's just a disposable reality show for people who still pay for cable; a rather cynical cash grab to churn out a few extra bucks for the corporate machine.

Want: 95%

That being said it would be the funniest thing, especially as a stage. Like just imagine looking back on the roster five years after the game goes EoS. You'll see all these iconic characters and locales, and then bam. Milf Manor. It's the same sort of effect as seeing the Disney Infinity lineup and seeing Sasha Baron Cohen's character from the live action Alice films, or the Lone Ranger based on his early 2010s financial flop, or Spot from The Good Dinosaur. Testaments to mediocrity pushed by corporate over more timeless additions.

Milf Manor would be this, but infinitely more funny.

All nominations to Wilt

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
abstaining on Fortnite, what I'm here for is quite possibly the peak of this thread

this is what Freud prophecised

Chance: 100%

There have been many, many iconic works under the Warner Bros. umbrella over the years. The likes of DC, HBO, Cartoon Network/Hanna-Barbera, all kinds of classic films. But none of these compare to what has been brought on by their merger with Discovery. We've now seen WB acquire tons of absolute media masterpieces in the name of creative bankruptcy, such as Animal Planet and the 90 Day Fiancé Universe (tm). If you ask me, I think all of these have about 1000000 times the historical importance and artistic merit of Citizen Kane. But even those don't compare to what has recently been wrought on this world. A television programme by the name of MILF Manor.

For those who have been living under a rock and still haven't heard the holy word of this show, it's about a group of 40-60-year-old women who are sent to live in a mansion with a group of men. However, a shocking twist unfolds that turns the entire premise upside down. I shan't spoil it for you, as I think it'll go on to become a more iconic and effective twist than the likes of Darth Vader's true identity. I've watched the first episode 4463227866 times now, and every single time it still makes me scream and cry and **** my pants. True cinema. So why is this show even in the discussion here?

Plain and simple: as Tougon said, it is the future.

This show is about to change media. For so long, we've been consuming nothing but lowest-common-denonimator garbage that when a truly inspiring, inventive, earth-shattering event of a show like this comes along, it's bound to make everyone wake the **** up. We are free of 1984. The Great MILF Revolution of 2023 will come to be told in history books. I think we should burn literally all of media before this, blow it the **** up, send it to Ohio, because we now live in a post-MILF Manor era and everything's different now. So yeah. 100% happening. No doubt in my mind. Either this happens or WB scraps Multiversus and makes a MILF Manor fighting game, which would be wonderful, but I think the former is the easiest route.

Now then, some concerns. The main one I'm seeing here is the lack of audience overlap. IDK, if all the poll results filled with CN and Breaking Bad are any indication, the audience that pays the most attention to this game is toddlers, and that's an age where they're still pretty dependent on their mothers, so I think we're just fine. So yeah, no reason for this to not happen.

Actual chance: 0%

Yeah no lmao this ain't happening unless someone at Player First finds the existence of this show just as funny as I do. Everyone here has said it better than I could, there's no logical reason for this to happen.

Okay but can you ****ing imagine?

I still remember the day someone posted the trailer for this show in a Discord I'm in. And the moment we all realized this was technically eligible for Multiversus, we all agreed it needed to happen. It's such a ****ing funny scenario where they'd be like "INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST STAGE: THE MILF MANOR!!!!". This show's mere existence, premise and the whole context behind it are such an affront to good taste that it loops back around to being actual peak comedy. So much quality content died for this. It's gotta be in.

Top Bottom