• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Bowser Jr.: 20% He's a cool and unique character, but I believe the Mario franchise does not need another Rep.

Want: 60% I always liked him since his initial appearence in Sunshine

Paper Mario: 22.3%

Nominations:
Mii x5
I dont want the character, just want to hear the discussion lol

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Bowser Jr. Prediction: 70%
The only thing that stands in the way of him being in the cast is whether we will get a Mario Rep. Even then, I feel like it's between Toad and Jr. Other than that though, he's made a name for himself appearing in both Galaxy games, a handful of spin-offs, and a ton of New Super Mario Bros. And those who'd think he'd be a clone: you must be bad at designing a moveset then. Still, it could go either way, but he's a viable candidate.

Bowser Jr. Want: 100%
He is my most wanted character. It's a bit on the unlikely side of him getting in, but anything is possible. I loved him since his debut in Sunshine, my favorite Mario game, and I think he could bring very cool tricks to the game.

Paper Mario: 42%
Bowser Jr. will probably get a slightly higher score than Paper Mario, I reckon. Still, if people don't want Jr., than not a lot would want a Paper version of Mario.

Nominations:
Lucina x5

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. likelihood: 30%

Bowser Jr. want: 50% (indeferent, assuming he gets a unique moveset)
If Bowser Jr. ends up to be a lighter and faster version of Bowser I'll be dissapointed. clone characters were a good way of filling the roster for Melee, but not anymore.

Paper Mario prediction: 37.5%

Nominations:
Lucina x5

Alban712

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood: 40%: It's not guaranteed that Mario Series will get another character and he definitely has competition
Want: 60%: I slightly like him

Paper Mario's guess: 37,5%

Nominations:
Lucina x 5

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood: 70%: Pretty likely, unfortunately. with him being in a lot of the new mario games.
Want: 3%: I don't really want him. he's annoying, and he takes away from one of my most wanted newcomers.

Paper Mario: 65%

Nominations
Kamek x5

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Browser Jr.
Likelihood - 22.5% - I would say there is about a 50% we get another Mario character. Of them, Jr. and Toad are the most likely, with Toad getting the slight edge. If Mario were to get a newcomer, Jr. has about a 45% chance.

Want - 60% - He would probably be fun, but having Jr. before Toad would be weird to me.

Paper Mario Prediction - 15% - Between Toad, Jr. and general pessimism for Mario, he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Nominations
Lucario X5

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not sure what to think about Bowser Jr., honestly.

I'm going with:

Likelihood: 60% - My reasoning here is that despite his prevalence in the Mario series, the franchise received no new reps in Brawl. Granted, his most prominent appearances happened during or after the Brawl era (NSMBW, Galaxy 1+2)

Want: 80% - I love Bowser Jr. and really think, of all Mario reps, aside from Paper Mario, he deserves the next spot. He's essentially the secondary villain.

Paper Mario: 50%.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Bowser Jr.: 65% Really depends on if we get a new Mario rep. If we do I think he gets in due to a lot games recently
Want: 50% Indifferent about Jr.

Paper Mario: 35%
Nominate
Lucas x 2
Lyn x 1
Lucario x 2

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. prediction - 30%

I already made my prediction comment a few pages back yesterday.

Bowser Jr. want - 5%

I don't really care for Bowser Jr. and I'm not interested in fighting with him. I feel there are more interesting possible representatives.

Paper Mario prediction: 32%

Nomination:
Chibi Robo X 3
Robin (Fire Emblem) X 2

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bowser Jr. chance: 40% I think Toad is next in line, Toad has been a part of Mario for a very long time.

Bowser Jr. want: 40% Not really, but I would like to try that Paint mechanic.

Paper Mario prediction: 40% IMO, I don't he's worth the Mario rep. I think Toad is next.

Nominations: Tom Nook x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser Jr.

Likelihood - 60%
I believe it is really a toss-up whether or not we get a new Mario character, since they're all recognizable and somewhat popular, but pale in comparison to the four currently playable. That said, Jr. is arguably the most important one left over, and has the potential to have either an original moveset or a Luigified one (he's one of three likely Luigified characters I consider likely, the other two being Dixie and Roy). The fact that Bowser is receiving new moves left and right leaves plenty of room for Jr. to come in and inherent his old ones, while bringing his own mischievous flair to the table. That said, he's outranked by a number of other characters, and can easily be passed over, hence his placeholder status on many fan rosters.

Want - 99%
Used to be my most wanted character pre-Brawl, surprisingly enough, and though I would still really like him, the onslaught of "New" Mario games have soured me on him slightly, while my adoration for K. Rool has exploded since pre-Brawl, resulting in him usurping the Koopa Prince's place atop my wishlist.

Paper Mario Prediction - 42.5%
A few will consider him likelier, but most will probably rank him in the toss-up range with the other Mario frontrunners, if not slightly lower.

Nominate:
Groose x3
Hades x2

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr.

Chance: 35% - He might be a more prevalent Mario character, but I feel as if he is the type of character that only huge demand can get him under Sakurai's radar. Is the demand there?

Want: 10% - I feel the Mario series has its "reps" and is complete.

Paper Mario Prediction: 26% - Not many feel he should be playable.

Nominations:
Lucina x3
Lyn x2

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Bowser Jr.
50%
I don't think Mario will get another rep. There are many reps already. However, if Mario does get a new rep this is the obvious chose.
Want: 70%
I would like it if they added him. His move set would be awesome, The paintbrush can be used in many ways! I would rather have him over Toad. But i'm not crossing my fingers and at the edge of my seat for him.

Paper Mario Prediction: 37%

Nominations
Takamaru x5

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
Bowser Jr ~ 58%
Has many appearances, is Bowser's second in command, and has a decent amount of support. His chances are decent if not good.

Want~ 90%
I looooove this kid. Mario Sunshine was probably the first Mario game I completed 100%. Also, the idea of a nimble mini Bowser is awesome. His theme is also fun.

Paper Mario ~60%
Seeing these predictions is disappointing, as all Paper Mario games are gems in their own regard. Still, I will support him until the final roster is revealed.

Nominations
Genesect x5

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr.
Likeliness: 20%

Not only are there 2 other reps in his franchise which deserve his place just as much, if not more (Toad, Paper Mario), but it wouldn't make sense why they would introduce a "lighter, faster" Bowser, but also increase Bowsers speed (as seen in the trailer) in comparison to Brawl.
I.E. When they did a "lighter, faster" Link, aka. Toon Link in Brawl, they made Link heavier and slower to create more contrast. Doing the opposite in SSB4 wouldn't be logical.

Want: 30%

Always was one of my most hated Mario characters. There are much possibilites for his moveset, such as his paintbrush, but I still probably wouldn't want to play him.

Paper Mario: 50%

A much more likely Mario rep and protagonist of my favorite Mario series.

Nominations:
R.O.B. x4
Robin x1

Reznor

work in progress
Bowser Jr.
Likeliness: 30%

there are a ton of other characters that will probably be in before him

Want: 75%

want Baby Bowser but thats not likely so Bowser Jr. is the next best thing

Paper Mario: 20%

Nom:
Waluigi x5

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bowser Jr.

Likelihood: 30%
He's competing with Waluigi, Toad, and Doc for a potential Mario newcomer slot, which isn't a guarantee anyway. Very unlikely in my book.

Want: 50%
Indifferent to him and pretty much every other possible Mario newcomer.\

Prediction for Paper Mario: 22.1 %

Rominations:
Bandana Dee x3
Roy x2

AfricanSanta

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr.
Likelihood-55%- Not quite sure why people are saying we wont get a new Mario rep. Its Nintendo's biggest franchise, but Zelda and Pokemon have more reps than it, with 5 and 6 respectively.
So I think its pretty likely we'll see a new Mario rep, but I only gave him 55% because of the competition. Waluigi, Toad, and Paper Mario are all fighting for one spot.
Want-50%-I'd rather see Paper Mario or Waluigi, but I'd still rather see him than Toad, even though Toad deserves it most hes so boring.

Paper Mario
Prediction-45%

Nominations-
Chrom x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I think that there are other plausible Mario reps besides Bowser Jr, Waluigi, Toad and Paper Mario... None of Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Birdo, Daisy, Geno are particularly likely on their own, but plausible enough that collectively they have non-negligible chances that you should think about when predicting other Mario reps. The field is a bit wider than some people think, because while Bowser Jr is an obvious choice, I don't think he or any of the remaining Mario characters are the "heir apparent" that they couldn't possibly pass over.

Not sure how much weight to assign the group of second- and third-stringers though, but if Wii Fit Trainer got in, who knows. Sakurai doesn't like to always make the obvious choices.

The strongest point I can make on that count is that since all of the truly main characters in the Mario series are already in, he may feel more freedom to make a weird choice for an additional Mario rep such as Birdo. Not that I think that makes that group particularly likely, but more likely than they would be otherwise. It's just like how I think Funky Kong and other more obscure Kongs just don't have any breathing room because K Rool (and Dixie) are still left out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bowser Jr.'s Likelihood: 60% - I don't know that many fans that are really, really, really itching for a new Mario rep at all. So Sakurai might not see him as a necessity. As many haven't seem to bother requesting him or other Mario reps. Most just see the four we have in Brawl(and likely in SSB4 as well)as enough. But if a fifth were to be added, I see Bowser Jr. as the most likely. Given the amount of prominent roles in most recent Mario platformers.

Would I want to play as this character? About 70%. He seems like he could have a very unique moveset in the Smash series. But its still possible that he could be a clone of Bowser. At the very least, if he does become a clone, he should still be a little interesting if was a very, very fast and light character, compared to his heavy hitter father.

Paper Mario Prediction - 55%. He has his fans. And many of those fans see him as a standout character. But many will doubt another Mario character. Especially who is still technically another form of Mario.

Nominations: Chrom x 2, Ganondorf x 5.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr

Likelihood: 65% He's a pretty well-known character in the Mario universe, so I he'd be a good option of someone to add if Sakurai & Co. decide to give fans more Mario reps. And he's a villain. We could maybe use another Mario villain...maybe...
Want: 80% I think he'd be an interesting character to try out. I imagine he'd be pretty fast and have some powerful attacks with his paintbrush. Maybe he'd even be able to change into Shadow Mario. Who knows? I'd play as him for sure if he got in, but wouldn't be too disappointed if he didn't make the cut.

Paper Mario
Likelihood: 20% I don't really see much of a chance for Paper Mario since there are so many more popular and requested characters. Also he'd probably wouldn't be chosen over someone like Waluigi or Bowser Jr.
Want: 95% Heck ya! I think Paper Mario would be much more fun to play as than Mario just because of his appearance and his different moveset. He's a good alternate form of Mario that wouldn't end up a clone, like Dr. Mario. His hammer, jump attack, paper transformations, and the abilities he gets from the Crystal Stars would all be interesting move choices.

Nominations
Masked Man x3
Roy x2

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser Jr

Likelihood: 65% He's a pretty well-known character in the Mario universe, so I he'd be a good option of someone to add if Sakurai & Co. decide to give fans more Mario reps. And he's a villain. We could maybe use another Mario villain...maybe...
Want: 80% I think he'd be an interesting character to try out. I imagine he'd be pretty fast and have some powerful attacks with his paintbrush. Maybe he'd even be able to change into Shadow Mario. Who knows? I'd play as him for sure if he got in, but wouldn't be too disappointed if he didn't make the cut.

Paper Mario
Likelihood: 20% I don't really see much of a chance for Paper Mario since there are so many more popular and requested characters. Also he'd probably wouldn't be chosen over someone like Waluigi or Bowser Jr.
Want: 95% Heck ya! I think Paper Mario would be much more fun to play as than Mario just because of his appearance and his different moveset. He's a good alternate form of Mario that wouldn't end up a clone, like Dr. Mario. His hammer, jump attack, paper transformations, and the abilities he gets from the Crystal Stars would all be interesting move choices.

Nominations
Masked Man x3
Ridley x2
Ridley has already been rated a long time ago. He was number 2.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Bowser Jr.'s Chances-40% Some think that Mario dose not need a new rep. I think he is tied with Toad, Waluigi and Paper Mario. He's popular enough.

Bowser Jr. Want- 80% I like the character and he could have a BA moveset.

Paper Mario Chances:40% Popular and he could be different than Mario. Hammers, Partners etc.

Paper Mario Want:80%-He would be awesome. Different Moveset than Mario. I wish he would be considered his own fransiche like Yoshi and Wario though.

Groose

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr.'s Chances: 25% Honestly, I think you all give him more of a chance than he has. I'm not sure if we're actually going to get a new Mario character, and if we do Junior has to compete with the likes of Toad, Waluigi, and the lesser characters (Rosalina, Daisy, Dr. Mario, etc.). And let's face it---Junior wasn't even in the last Mario Kart.

Bowser Jr. Want: 65% Junior isn't just a clone. His smaller size would make it impossible for all of Bowser's moves to be copied. Additionally, Junior has tools like his Magic Brush and his Clown Car that could be used to diversify him. Even so, I would prefer to see a handful of characters more than Junior, but I expect he'll be among my biggest requests for Smash 5 if he fails to make the cut this time.

Paper Mario Prediction: 35% People here are for Junior and Toad, people on Gamefaqs are for Waluigi----not much room left for old Paper Mario, eh?

Tingle x5 We're closing in! I'm a one-man army on these nominations.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And let's face it---Junior wasn't even in the last Mario Kart.
Neither was Waluigi or a bunch of mainstays.

Besides Mario Kart 7's roster was bizarre.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Bowser Junior: 25% He's the most likely Mario rep, but he still has feirce competition for that slot, and that's assuming one exist at all.

Want: 60%. I think he could be pretty neat. Not amazing but neat. I'd bump that up 10% or so if he gets his paint brush, but for now 60% it is.

Paper Mario: 35% I don't thin he'll do terribly well due to clone accusations and being and not being a worthy Mario rep etc. But I think he'll fair better than Krystal and she got a 27%. Personally I don't think of him as a Mario rep, but others will.

Nominations:
Darn I can't think of any characters I'm gunning for... I guess it's time to pick one I'm not. May as well finish out the "leak" characters right?
Mii x5

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr.
Chance 21% - He has to compete with Toad, Paper Mario, and Waluigi for a spot. He has no level of popularity outside the West.
Want 27% I just don't like him.

Paper Mario prediction: 33%

Nominations: Chrom x5

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Likelihood: 61% - If we get another Mario rep, it'll be Junior. There, I said it. He's the most prominent/important Mario character left over, and while he has competition in characters like Toad, Paper Mario and Waluigi, all of them have some decently sized roadblocks standing in their way of playability. Toad has his inherent generic nature and his position in someone else's moveset, Paper Mario has the stigma of being a second Mario (even if he definitely has the potential for uniqueness), and Waluigi has both the Mario rep/Wario rep confusion going on in addition to his apparent inability to appear in a non-spinoff title.

With all of this in mind, and given Nintendo's love for the character, seeing as how he's included in basically every mainstream Mario game since his inception, I feel like Junior's biggest challenge is going to be whether or not Sakurai decides to add another Mario slot or not, which I feel is a bit better than a 50/50 chance, especially if potential DLC is taken into account. If he's not in the main roster and Sakurai does DLC, I'd bet money on Junior being in one of, if not the first DLC package.

Want: 65% - Junior's never really been something I've specifically wanted, more of something I've just expected. However, he's much more intriguing than his competition to me with possible paintbrush antics, and the potential for a Shadow Mario transformation has always been something I've hoped for if he does end up making the cut. So he earns a higher than 50/50 percent want for me because of that.

Nominations:
Samurai Goroh x3
Medusa x2

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Bowser Jr.

Likelihood: 30% He's cool and all, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in, but I just can't imagine Sakurai choosing him. I'd put him at my top Super Mario Bros. choice. I just hope Paper Mario doesn't make it over him.

Want: 75% Like I said, he's my top choice for a Super Mario Bros. rep (along with Waluigi), and I'd be really happy if he makes it in.

Paper Mario Prediction: 40%

Nominations: Waluigi x2, Ice Climbers x2, Pokemon Trainer x1

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Bowser Jr

Paper Mario

Nominations
Masked Man x3
Roy x2
Bowser Jr.'s Chances-40% Some think that Mario dose not need a new rep. I think he is tied with Toad, Waluigi and Paper Mario. He's popular enough.

Bowser Jr. Want- 80% I like the character and he could have a BA moveset.

Paper Mario Chances:40% Popular and he could be different than Mario. Hammers, Partners etc.

Paper Mario Want:80%-He would be awesome. Different Moveset than Mario. I wish he would be considered his own fransiche like Yoshi and Wario though.
Um, we're only rating Bowser Jr. right now. We're only predicting the score Paper Mario would get, not his likelihood and want. For example, I don't think a lot of people will want Paper Mario or a Mario rep, so I predicted he'll get a 42% from all the votes.

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr. ~ 40%

A prominent character that has risen in the Mario series within the last decade is Bowser Jr. He has since emerged to become a candidate for a spot in both pre-Brawl and Smash 4 so this is his second shot into getting in a game.

One thing to note is that Bowser Jr. is increasing in prominence in the franchise. He continues to land important roles in Mario games and has remained insanely relevant. I would not be surprised that with the stigma of the "he replaced the Koopalings" gone that Bowser Jr. continued his rise in popularity and importance to the franchise

What also helps Bowser Jr. is that he's very highly requested in the game. Bowser Jr. is among the Top 10 most wanted characters for this game (at least in the West) and lots of people like him as a choice. I also think the demand for his inclusion will increase as time goes on.

Having a mix of importance and strong popularity should make a character likely for this game, but he isn't. It's not the character itself, but really the franchise is what bringing the chances of a Mario rep down. The issue isn't over-representation but that Sakurai may not feel compelled to add a newcomer this time around. We have to remember that Brawl was planned to have five Mario character, but one of them was going to be Dr. Mario, which means that Sakurai was more interested in bringing back veterans than adding in newcomers for the franchise. Dr. Mario is honestly the most likely fifth Mario character due to having received the most amount of consideration and having been playable once and we could very well not get even a fifth slot this time around.

Another thing is that while Bowser Jr. is the most wanted Mario newcomer, there is no general consensus on a Mario character. There are quite a few factions separated out there for a Mario character with Waluigi and Paper Mario also having large factions. Toad, Dr. Mario, Daisy, etc. are also all characters with smaller, but still noticeable factions overall. Sakurai may see no fifth Mario character as the best decision in the long run because of the indecisiveness of the Western Smash Bros. fan base as well. And yes, I said western Smash fan base because the Japanese don't care about a Mario newcomer all that much.

Want ~ 60%

Actually would be pretty cool to have, especially if he gets an unique move set, but my support for him has soured since Bowser is getting a reduxed in his move set.

x5 Mii

I predict that Paper Mario will score a 41.18%

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Um, we're only rating Bowser Jr. right now. We're only predicting the score Paper Mario would get, not his likelihood and want. For example, I don't think a lot of people will want Paper Mario or a Mario rep, so I predicted he'll get a 42% from all the votes.
Oh,thanks

Also I honestly think Mario dose need another rep,because that in Melee they had 5. In Brawl they had 4. I don't care who it is just want another Mario rep. Also I nominate Lucina x3 and Toad x2. I think Paper Mario will get a 53%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom