• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Zelda :-)

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
So here is a link to my video,constructive critiscm please,yes I was agaisnt a CPU but my sister was doing something else so I could'nt play her-though maybe later on you'll see me vs her.

http://http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SSBMGeorgey

There it is-if that doesnt work just copy and paste this:http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SSBMGeorgey

Sorry it's on Youtube but i don't know how to put it on Google :p
(Sorry for the bad quality,also if your epilectic I reccomend you don't watch this)

Here's the second one(It's MUCH better,imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25WRefg0TA

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No point in watching. I'm sorry but you can't judge any skill by fighting a cpu. They act nothing like human players and can be defeated by standing there and charging your smashes. They just aren't something you want to show yourself fighting, regardless of how good you are. please get videos of yourself fighting a human.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I can critique you on one thing: Learn how to point your camera so that the TV fills up the whole view of the camera. I'd be able to give you better tips if you're playing vs. a human. Anyone can beat computers.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
lol rapid assassin made a good point...
Yes, in exchange for a good camera angle, we learn to play from an awkward angle ourselves. :ohwell:

Edit: To you Young George, I can only offer this advice:
-Play more. No offense, but your experience (at least with Zelda) is minimal. You need to have a better feel for her moves. Get to know their range, speed, and effectiveness in certain situations by just playing more. Even 1 hour a day for a week will show improvement, if you can absorb the experience and learn.
-Watch videos of good Zelda players in the Zelda video thread. There you can see some advanced techniques if your up for learning them, and also just learn how certain moves of Zelda's can be used.
-If you're playing to have fun, playing on any level or with items is fine. If, however, you're playing to win, learn, and experience, play on the neutral stages and don't use items. (I know you didn't have items on, just a warning though, avoid using them or levels as a crutch.) If you don't know what I mean by the neutral stages, the neutral stages include Final Destination, Battlefield, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, and Yoshi's Story (not 64). The idea is to play on stages that are least likely to give a player a lucky advantage. Corneria, with the Arwings shooting at your characters is far too easy for certain characters to take advantage of. (Fox's shine and Ness's PSI Magnet for example.)

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Or you can get a tripod, put it in front of where you guys sit, and unless your camera is HUGE, you should be able to see the tv without problems... That's what we do when using a video camera.

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
Um yeah sorry-I'm using the computer camera,i used Corneria becuase this "pro" said if You don't have Final Destination(Wich I don't,and I know that's n00by)Then use Corneria,my sister days she'll play me,so hopefully it'll be better.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Um yeah sorry-I'm using the computer camera,i used Corneria becuase this "pro" said if You don't have Final Destination(Wich I don't,and I know that's n00by)Then use Corneria,my sister days she'll play me,so hopefully it'll be better.
Or you can take your pick of Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, or Fountain of Dreams if you don't have unlockables...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The one against your sister doesn't help much either cause that was the worst marth i've ever seen no offense, she needs to grasp spacing and speed because in truth almost every good marth (if not every) marth will **** a zelda upside down and sideways...

You need a lot more experience with her moves imo

like hideous said, play a lot more with the character so you can spot her moves effectively

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
Um well I'm putting up a second video-but even in the second one she paused it saying she was doing crap.Well on first post you can see a link to the better one(better quality)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
We all have to start somewhere. There's a lot of work to be done though.

1-Learn and become comfortable with the advanced techs. eg. l cancling, wave dashing shffl etc.

2-I also think that you should become more familiar with all of Zeldas moves. I saw mostly dash attacks and lots of missed up smashes. Learn how to encorporate the Neutral B, Side B, and esspecially that kick. It is $ in the bank.

3-If you really want to get better, look in your region and find people that play at a competetive level. Playing your sister is fine, but playing people better than you and losing to them is how you get better.

4-Finally, once you get the advanced techs down to second nature, work on spacing( this is key), short combos (usually from grabs), predicting and reading (this is also key) and recovery tactics.

I hope this helps. Nice character choice! Best of luck to ya. b^_^d

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
Thanks :-) Once I tried wavedashing but 1/8 did i get it right:pAlso is'nt Zelda's wavedash short-but it can get longer by tilting the airdodge more horizontally into the ground?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
As Mew2King well documented, Zelda is statistically the slowest in the game in terms of falling speed and running.
Some players prefer not to wave dash with her, but I like it. It helps at times to get proper spacing or better position to make a kill. All in all wavedashing does make her move faster and that is a definate plus to Zelda.
Myself I find wavedashing very useful. Wavedashing is also tied to mindgames so it helps there too. =)

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Also is'nt Zelda's wavedash short-but it can get longer by tilting the airdodge more horizontally into the ground?
Yes, you can lengthen Zelda's WD by angleing the control stick almost horizontally, but not quite. Keep in mind that it isn't a sort of WD A and WD B. There is no "short" WD and "long" WD. Different angles of the control stick can get you to WD a wide variety of distances. Try WDing straight down. You don't go anywhere. Try WDing almost, but not quite down (like 10 or 15 degrees). You will hardly move. This is what the guys here are talking about when they say spacing. WDing is a quick way to set your character up in the position you want them in.

Edit: You claimed to be 10 in a thread you started, requesting help against Link. Yet, your YouTube account states your age as 16. Are you only saying you're actually 10 as a lie to justify any poor performance? I mean no offense, this just made me... curious.

YoungGeorge

Smash Rookie
The reson on My YouTube account I'm 16 is that my sister had a fit at me saying there's no 10 year old people who actually put 10 on there youtube file-so I put 16 just to be safe.

Top Bottom