• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Young Link "1 through 10" Updated (Spacies, ICs, Falcon and more)

Chip.

you know what to do
IMO I would disagree, Jash's Young Link is on par with Hero Sublime's Young Link, Their level of skill is quite impressive, that may rival that of Caveman and Chu and Wak or whoever, but their experience with fighting other players isn't NEARLY as great.

Metà

Smash Master
IMO I would disagree, Jash's Young Link is on par with Hero Sublime's Young Link, Their level of skill is quite impressive, that may rival that of Caveman and Chu and Wak or whoever, but their experience with fighting other players isn't NEARLY as great.
Having played against Hero, I'd have to say that he's quite a lot better than Jash. You can't judge the skill of a player based soley on videos, but Jash doesn't really play against very notable players, or really good people, so it's hard to judge where he stands. Hero, on the other hand, plays on a regular basis with some of the best players in WA, and goes even in some pretty crazy match-ups. Jash has so much potential, and you can see that from watching his videos, but he needs to amplify his competition, and maybe enter some large tournaments.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I undersand all of that but this is my opinion. I never said it was a fact. this is what I think of him. And I truley belive he has what it takes to be the best Y.Link out there. But the only way to find out for sure is if he played these people and beat them eh?

Jash

Smash Lord
Having played against Hero, I'd have to say that he's quite a lot better than Jash.
Harsh....but everyone has an opinion. See..this would of been easier if you lived around my area. And even though i don't fight pros, that means nothing when comparing skills. Like the Germ...he fights his crew members but can still beat isai....most links cant do that. I suggest choosing your words wisely, and we shall see who has the better Young Link around here.

Chip.

you know what to do
Having played against Hero, I'd have to say that he's quite a lot better than Jash. You can't judge the skill of a player based soley on videos, but Jash doesn't really play against very notable players, or really good people, so it's hard to judge where he stands. Hero, on the other hand, plays on a regular basis with some of the best players in WA, and goes even in some pretty crazy match-ups. Jash has so much potential, and you can see that from watching his videos, but he needs to amplify his competition, and maybe enter some large tournaments.
Well the truth is that thats really all you can do is judge 'soley on videos' because there really isn't any other way to figure who's better out of the two :p. And if you say that, then that means you can't really judge Jash and decide that Hero is better than him just because you have played Hero, sorry.

Well, I'll just have to play Hero and see how good he is compared to my skill level and see for myself.

-Wait, that's right he quite, darn..

Metà

Smash Master
Harsh....but everyone has an opinion. See..this would of been easier if you lived around my area. And even though i don't fight pros, that means nothing when comparing skills. Like the Germ...he fights his crew members but can still beat isai....most links cant do that. I suggest choosing your words wisely, and we shall see who has the better Young Link around here.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that. :( You're a very good Y. Link player and I have admiration for you as a player, but I don't think you're quite at the same level as Hero yet. Close, maybe, but equal? I'm not too sure of that. Also, the Germ lives in NorCal, and also plays against professionals on a regular basis (Lunin, SilentSpectre, Isai, not to mention the rest of DBR, who are all very good players). What I'd really like to see at this point is some tournament videos from you. : )

Jash

Smash Lord
No hard feelings Meta, Its alright to express your opinions, thats what i said in the beginning right? Besides, he probably is better then me anyway. And don't worry, Tournament matches will be coming soon, very soon. But for now just please deal with what ive got ok? Also, I have new videos for you people to rate and for you people to learn how to fight other characters *if you really need it i mean*. Anyway its a Fox fight and a Link fight, hope you enjoy it!

Chip.

you know what to do
Those were some pretty sexy Young Link vids Jash! Good job.

OMG, what was the song for the Link fight? It's like a trip down memory lane... I just can't remember where that songs from :/

Ooh yeah, I got like 5 vids of my Young Link but i'll have to wait to get more before I post, sorry :p.

Chip.

you know what to do
THAT'S RIGHT ISN'T IT!? It's the battle music from the first final fantasy, corrrect!?

Yeah, I love that song as well...

Now what was the song for the second fight :psycho: ???

Jash

Smash Lord
Everyone who has been rating my videos. I have a new match up for you guys to study and Rate! But this time...Im fighting a Young Link. Now for all those who said they wanted to Young Link ditto me, this is a great opportunity for you to study how fight a Young Link in a Young Link ditto. Best wishes and as always...Enjoy!

Giggidax

Smash Ace
hehe Jash u have new challengers approaching! im gonna go watch the ditto O_O

edit:very good match u did extremely well. i must say u are a good ylink that is why i must do battle with u!

Jash

Smash Lord
Hello everyone, i just thought i would let you all know that i am now quitting smash because Young Link suks and i hate using him, he makes me wanna kill myself all the time, so yea im quitting smash goodbye everyone.......APRIL FOOLS!!! nah im just kidding Young Link is owns all. anyway i have new vids up, im trying to go for a new style to make my battles a little...proish if you understand. and the best part is im fighting my favorite Link ever....4eyez! Yes hes crazy so heres the link, as always people...Enjoy!! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=100584

Laijin

Smash Hero
That new video of that Marth: That Marth is really horrible. Against a Marth, you should not be able to get that close to him(As he clearly out ranges every single one of your moves). He should have to force you to run away and spam projectiles to open him up for an attack. You don't wanna get hit by a Marth, since they can easily kill you.
Well..really. Most of the people you played are not that good at the game. You just need to play better people xP

Like i've told you before. Not bad, but your not spamming enough. You'll come across a time hopefully in a tournament where you'll learn that in order to win with Young Link, you will have to spam spam spam. Oh. And not just spamming, but actually using mind games to get your opponent in the air or unable to shield and hit your projectiles.

Jash

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i have a little more recent vids up, and even me in a tourney match! I have gotten better since then with a new style but i know these vids are a great improvement since the last ones that was up. Enjoy everyone.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
LOL @ the ending of the peach match.
very nice videos Jash i would also say that u have improved quite a bit. im not so confident in our future Ylink dittos now :-\ lol jp im comin for yuu >)

but yes... the matches are nice u pwnd in each of them, nice match against Bum too!
i like ur use of projectiles, the bomb especially.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wow. Your close combat is pretty much perfect from what I can see. I like your approachals too.
All you need to do now is work on your projectile game, for when those matches come that will force you to rely on your long range attacks and you'll be perfect. :o

lol. We're complete opposites with Young Link. We need to play sometime.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
Your Young Link is pretty good. The people you play on the other hand are pretty bad.

I love how you never lose a game you must be a god at this game, you oughta put up some vids of you losing becuase you'll get more/better criticism.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Your Young Link is pretty good. The people you play on the other hand are pretty bad.

I love how you never lose a game you must be a god at this game, you oughta put up some vids of you losing becuase you'll get more/better criticism.
One of the vids up there is him facing a pro. And he does lose if you seen his vids on youtube there a some vids of him losing.

Jash - you have a really good ylink btw if i haven't told you before I'm saying it again because you really do.

MrMojoRisin

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm not gonna search vids on youtube to rate him (which i forgot to do, so I'd say an 8) I'm gonna use the ones he posts.

Jash

Smash Lord
Thank you guys for your positive comments, im trying to get more recent videos because i play a little more different. But thank you very much for you guys comments and i hope to get more.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I like the way you approach people physcially:
Wavedash - Running attack
Wavedash - nair.

I also like the way you edge guard without projectiles.
:o
lol. We're learning from each other.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
I like the way you approach people physcially:
Wavedash - Running attack
Wavedash - nair.

I also like the way you edge guard without projectiles.
:o
lol. We're learning from each other.
Everyone learns from each other. For example I've absorbed things from Caveman, Hanki, Jash, and even you Laijin. Right now I'm trying to use more physical attacks like you are which I'm trying to absorb through Jash.

Jash

Smash Lord
I think you should wait until i have more recent videos, i play a bit different since then...not so much the Bum fight but the rest yea. More recent videos will be coming very soon. Also i kinda absorbed Laijins style a bit so i use my Projectiles a bit more wisely, so you will see a mix when the videos come up.

Keyo

Smash Apprentice
Jash, your Young Link is very amazing, the best one i have ever seen. I cannot believe you are not Pro yet..it does not make any sense. You are the true Young Link and if you are not already....you would soon be the best Young Link. I have a feeling that is going to happen very soon.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Jash, your Young Link is very amazing, the best one i have ever seen. I cannot believe you are not Pro yet..it does not make any sense. You are the true Young Link and if you are not already....you would soon be the best Young Link. I have a feeling that is going to happen very soon.
:( Your forgetting about me.

kevgeez

Smash Rookie
wow
jash you're REALLY good.
i honestly think you'd be the best on campus (temple; philly)
but i've never saw your before vids to compare it.

oh, and i'd rate your YL an 8.
only because i'm not sure of what the best yl player in the world is like.

kevgeez

Smash Rookie
That new video of that Marth: That Marth is really horrible. Against a Marth, you should not be able to get that close to him(As he clearly out ranges every single one of your moves). He should have to force you to run away and spam projectiles to open him up for an attack. You don't wanna get hit by a Marth, since they can easily kill you.
Well..really. Most of the people you played are not that good at the game. You just need to play better people xP

Like i've told you before. Not bad, but your not spamming enough. You'll come across a time hopefully in a tournament where you'll learn that in order to win with Young Link, you will have to spam spam spam. Oh. And not just spamming, but actually using mind games to get your opponent in the air or unable to shield and hit your projectiles.
i'm still a fledging, but i know that spamming moves is not good. You want to be unpredictable, yet know what your doing in ANY kind of fight. Spamming will lead to them guessing your moves and then ko's. This kind of thinking is prolly why YL is considered low tier.

Laijin

Smash Hero
i'm still a fledging, but i know that spamming moves is not good. You want to be unpredictable, yet know what your doing in ANY kind of fight. Spamming will lead to them guessing your moves and then ko's. This kind of thinking is prolly why YL is considered low tier.
Wow. Someone does'nt know what their talking about.
Spaming projecitles and spaming the same move over again are two different things.

FNSHR

Smash Cadet
In the second video Y.Link Dominated from start to beginning. Very Good match

Link226

Smash Ace
Yo none of those vids are new lol. And how about having some vids of u losing? That way someone can really critique you, how are u suspose to critique someone whos winning?

Spamming projectiles in general isnt very good at all unless your far. When your close to the opponent do not pull out a bomb or boomerang please? Just fight, its gonna do you good, if you try to pull something out your gonna get smashed, right Jash? lol

P.S : U gotta love Bum lol

FNSHR

Smash Cadet
"P.S : U gotta love Bum lol" who was that to lol ? and how old is that Jash kid ?

Top Bottom