• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My Young Link "1 through 10" Updated (Spacies, ICs, Falcon and more)

Jash

Smash Lord
This was my friends idea, he said since i fought a collection of people and got vids of em, why not get your Young Link rated? And so, *since he wont stop bugging me about it* I ask of you guys to please rate my Young Link:) . Every and Any comment is Appreciated;) .

Jash (Young Link) vs Hoyo (Marth) 3/4/07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODZNBufg23Y

Jash (Young Link) vs 4eyez (Link) 3/4/07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoSIvap7Uxk

Jash (Young Link) vs K.D (Doc) 3/29/07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmo0hu0GdNY

Jash (Young Link) vs Game (Peach) 3/29/07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24FnQ-oOJM

Jash (Young Link) vs Bum (DK) 4/20/07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o21HBLGLDXY

Jash (Young Link) vs Artea (Falcon) 6/4/07 *NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqWatQclSx0

Jash (Young Link) vs ZeroFusion (Mewtwo) 6/4/07*NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp3x_cRDJQE

Jash (Young Link) vs Utrep (Bowser) 6/4/07*NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPh9VPQEyU

Jash (Young Link) vs Liquid (Fox) 6/4/07*NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDMaOLDFfcs

Jash (Young Link) vs FatPics (Falco) 6/4/07*NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TqXyKYnSg

Jash (Young Link) vs Frozenman (Ice Climbers) 6/4/07*NEW*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mPya5Cxws

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow! I don't know about you guys, but I seriously think that Jash has majorly improved. You did pretty decent against all three of them. These are definetly your best matches that I've seen. Srry, but the Marth wasn't that great, the Samus wasn't that bad, but didn't do very well, and the Peach was pretty good. Jash, your good. You kinda sword planted a few of your SD's :lick: , and I didn't see much nairs vs. that Marth when you had the chance. Maybe you can spam more against your enemeis though, other than that I don't think there's anything else. You got a good fighting style Jash, but a big concern of mine is that I think you should play against better people. If you did, you'll improve much, much more!

7.75/10-Chip :)

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. I liked em a lot.
But why were you dairing yourself to death?
I think he was being a goofball since he knew he was dead meat.

The Marth that you played wasn't terrible, but his overall skill compared to yours was fairly low (or so it seemed to me).

I really liked the videos, especially as I'm trying to make YLink my alt and I don't have a definitive style to achieve yet, I might use yours. However, I think I need to get my adv. techs down before my YLink holds any water.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happened to "a rating of 1/10"?

Marth XD
I'm not in a position to say as I haven't seen many Young Link videos. There was a couple of Aniki where he sucked (or, rather than sucked just didn't seem to know YLink very well) and one of ChuDat who did very well but the other person wasn't that great. But... for rating sake... 8.5/10.

Chip.

you know what to do
I'm not in a position to say as I haven't seen many Young Link videos. There was a couple of Aniki where he sucked (or, rather than sucked just didn't seem to know YLink very well) and one of ChuDat who did very well but the other person wasn't that great. But... for rating sake... 8.5/10.
I must correct you, Aniki is actually one of the best Young Links in the world ;). Aniki plays somewhat of a 'n00bish' style of fighting, since he can't wavedash very well or dashdance either, but for some reason... he still wins. He doesn't play fancy or anything like that, he just wants his victory simple; run, spam, kill. Pretty simple, I'd say :p.

Thx for your rating, someone as good as Jash can't go by without a rating notice :laugh:.

Jash

Smash Lord
Thank you guys for the ratings, I still have 30% of stuff to learn with Young Link and then he will be Perfected. Thanks and as always i will get more vids. Oh and Chip, I'd have to disagree about Aniki having the best Young Link in the world. he got 3 stocked in a 3 stock match by a Pikachu *who was very good*. But maybe im wrong.

Chip.

you know what to do
I must correct you, Aniki is actually one of the best Young Links in the world ;). Aniki plays somewhat of a 'n00bish' style of fighting, since he can't wavedash very well or dashdance either, but for some reason... he still wins. He doesn't play fancy or anything like that, he just wants his victory simple; run, spam, kill. Pretty simple, I'd say :p.

Thx for your rating, someone as good as Jash can't go by without a rating notice :laugh:.

He's not the best by a longshot, I know. That's why I mentioned he was 'amongst' the best :p.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
That was great you landed a flame spike or whatever you want to call it in the first video(Yah I know the move is somewhat useless I just like the way it looks). To bad you weren't over the edge that is such a cool looking spike. I think you could have spammed projectiles more often and not that I have anything agaisnt the dair but you did an awful lot of them, but hey it worked. Great wave dashing, wish I could do that better... Used dair much less agaisnt samus, or atleast it seems more effectivelly (hitting that marth with a dair doesnt count, he was like a dair magnet, must have been a off day). Couldnt really make out the peach video as my picture sucks.

Jash

Smash Lord
Sweet a 9, thanks a lot Airo i really appreciate it. I don't really listen to those Pros list, to me its only the people THEY heard of so it doesn't really matter. For all we know Chip can be the best young link in the world and no one would know it.

Edit:Also the reason why i don't spam as much people say i should is because i play a random Young Link. In one match i can be aggressive, in another match i can confuse enemies by spamming some projectiles, or i could do both in one match. Also my Dairs work because i do them on random occasions. Like i said you can NEVER find only one solution with Young Link, because sooner or later it might not work anymore.

Chip.

you know what to do
I suppose that's Jash's best trait, being random. He's right, it is a really good technique of fighting, but sometimes ppl don't know how to be 'random'. They might lose track of themselves, or they might not know what they are doing. Jash, doesn't do that, he knows what he's doing with Young Link, at the right time.

Young Link ftw

Chip.

you know what to do
Sweet a 9, thanks a lot Airo i really appreciate it. I don't really listen to those Pros list, to me its only the people THEY heard of so it doesn't really matter. For all we know Chip can be the best young link in the world and no one would know it.

Edit:Also the reason why i don't spam as much people say i should is because i play a random Young Link. In one match i can be aggressive, in another match i can confuse enemies by spamming some projectiles, or i could do both in one match. Also my Dairs work because i do them on random occasions. Like i said you can NEVER find only one solution with Young Link, because sooner or later it might not work anymore.
I see what you are saying but that's not my point. The point is, the list shows which ppl in the world win the most tourneys with a certain charachter. I know Aniki doesn't look good,(trust me, it's the whole 'wavedashing' thing) but he has won some tourneys with his Young Link. Of course, he used Link for his major tournaments and big battles, but nonetheless was good with Young Link. Alas, he now mains with Samus and not Link :(. But I don't think he does that well anymore.

Thx for the 'example comment' make your final decision once you see how I play though lol. :laugh:.

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
Nice!
8.5/10, I liked the walljump-bombdrops in your game against the Samus.
The dairing to death isn't a good idea though......:)

Jash

Smash Lord
Everyone, ignore my Dairs to death, it was just a prank i did on my friend. If there is any other problems with my Young Link don't be afraid to tell me. And keep rating please, i wanna know if im in the right track.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Dangit I skipped through looking for Hero Sublime or Buzz feedback. I'm on dial up so I cant just load any old match and hope it doesn't suck. I'll comment tomorrow Jash.

Jash

Smash Lord
Ahh yes, A comment by the great Eggz, i feel so happy. Im just waiting for a great and original response from him. Oh wait...its the same dam response as every other person who rated me bad. If your going to tell me the same crappy thing all over again then just don't respond, its really tiring. Respect you Eggz but...no.

Kragen

Smash Ace
I see that you have proven your point that y link can win without spam, so I won't elaborate on that.

But I saw some minor errors, in the Roy en Sheik matches:

- Be careful with your upB. When you miss, you're dead.

- You overused the dash-attack. It's a pretty good finisher, when the foe is just over the edge (you proved it vs sheik), but elsewhere, it's too laggy and pushes the foe too far away to combo further. Try something else.

- You did way too many bomb to Dair combos. They all missed and you used your 2nd jump.

- When Roy was Wdancing, you used the rang first, and then pulled a bomb. That's too laggy. Pull the bomb, then throw the boomerang and maybe the bomb right after. Now you can throw 2 projectiles in quick succesion, increasing hit-rate.

- Why did you use rang after Roy missed Counter? When a foe misses a laggy move, do a quick one.

You did pretty well, I have to say. 7.8/10

Jash

Smash Lord
Thank you Kragen, I have to agree on those errors i made. Not all of my Bomb to Dair combos missed. Most of em work but some of them don't. I'm aware of the "Pull bomb out, Throw Rang then Throw bomb" strategy. But sometimes people just see it coming and it suks when people catch it and throw it back you. Everything else i completely agree on, thanks for the comment and for helping.

Chip.

you know what to do
The Bomb Plant works best as an edgegaurd, it works good on char. with quick, fast upB's and are difficult to d-tilt spike or have a chain third jump(Marth, Mario, Samus, Link). It also works really well when your high above the opponent; drop bomb, sword plant(dair), bomb hits-BAM! Wicked finisher. Even if your bomb doesn't hit if your still directly above the bomb then the 'hit' of the bomb will strike you and bounce you back without any lag. The bad side, sometimes if the enemy is next to you and they dodged your attack, when your bomb hits you it can leave you open for them to unleash an attack. Just be wary when using the mighty Bomb Plant.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
jash i must say these videos are excellent. i like the marth and peach battle the most tho. u dominated that shiek as well! ur projectile game is quite entertaining. i would give u about 7-9/10 ... meh ill just round it to 8/10 lol but u did some good pawnage in these videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQRhz... 71092&index=1

lol on roys last stock it looked like u sword planted roy into ur dropped bomb! that looked seksi ^-^ but if u did sword plant him into the bomb the bomb would stop his momentum right?

Jash

Smash Lord
Oh yea! For all of you nice and crazy Young Links who watched my vids, i will like to thank you again for all your generosity in the ratings. For all of you who has seen my vids in this thread, watch the Peach, and the Roy again, those are new...not exactly the Roy but more to the point. Keep on rating please, im learning new tactics with my Young Link i wanna see it you guys like em hehe. And as always, Enjoy!

RPK

Smash Lord
btw dash attack isnt always bad. As long as you attack them when their feet arent touching the ground. Just so they dont shield grab you. Just my two cents :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
10/10 No question ask. And im not saying this cause he is in my Crew, I seen all of this first hand. This is why I give him a perfect score......

-He is good with both weapons and sword fighting. But that together and He can fight but distance and close.

-His mindgames are very good. In the videos, I see people fall for it and he switches his mindgames up so people wont catch one.

-His lil signature kills owns.

-Best Y.Link Player I ever seen in my Damm life. Yes there is Cave man But i think He can take him out know. And any other Y.Link player wether they are pro or not.

-He keeps his opponents of track and balance.

-His speed is well controlled.

- His weapon use is excellent. And it is not spamming, it is useing them at its best and that excatly what he does. No questions ask. He is skilled at both weapon and sword play. Put these 2 together and that is one deadly commination.

Good show Jash. Keep it up. Makes me want to finally unleash the best in Peach and have people rate mine. heh

Top Bottom