• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sonic. NOT AGAINST DNES O:

Boxob

Smash Champion
That's right, a fight involving a Sonic that isn't fighting Dnes. Wtf right?

Anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w83PMSCx_HE

Keep in mind that I couldn't keep nearly as much pressure as a Sonic player should because of Rob's amazingly overpowered Dsmash. Instead, I took a much more spammy approach. I didn't add the music, he did, so don't complain.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
that music was epic phail

but you did good, I always have trouble with ROBs but the ones i play are typically spinner spammers, not to mention that lazer.......but ya, nice

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, it's hard to say what could have been done differently, when the opponent didn't do much to defend themselves. I'm just gonna say nice job, I guess.. Maybe try to change up your attacks out of the spin dash? I dunno. You pretty much controlled the entire match.

Edit: At 3:20, he was just asking for a bair into the stage, but taunting works too. D:

Boxob

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's hard to say what could have been done differently, when the opponent didn't do much to defend themselves. I'm just gonna say nice job, I guess.. Maybe try to change up your attacks out of the spin dash? I dunno. You pretty much controlled the entire match.
Yeah, I noticed that he wasn't air dodging so I kinda abused that combo. If I had a video of me doing not so good I would have put it up, but I don't own a recording device myself so this is the only recent video I got.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
That was a pretty terrible ROB you played so it's hard to give you a decent evaluation. The other guy sucked at both camping and using conventional approaches so... Not quite sure what to tell you :x

And ROB's down-smash isn't quite that overpowered. You can spot dodge it and the range is shorter during the wind-down.

Boxob

Smash Champion
You can if you want, Dnes. I'm pretty sure I had decent win with my Mario, not to sure though. Same with Captain Falcon.

@Doc: I'll rematch you tonight at like ten if you want.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Yeah, a little too much lol. But yeah, I guess I should work on my DK a bit more. I didn't do bad as him until mid fight when you wtfpwned me out of no where.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Yea i was definatley having an off night, but managed to pull it together a few times haha. Peach is a new addition i have been working on, her rush tactics with glide tossed turnips are nasty!

Boxob

Smash Champion
I mained Doc in melee for a couple months so I can play a decent Mario in brawl since all he got were buffs, he's pretty much my side character. I'm pretty good with most of the cast, though. Especially Captain Falcon, I guess I just have a thing for ****ty characters. lol.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I mained doc in melee for a while too, that is pretty much where my username comes from lol, he is awesome in that game, fair ftw!

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
why do you taunt everytime you get a kill?
i guess id say you were good in the beginning, but after you got cocky you started sucking mo!!!
and if you arent cocky, then i apoligize, good match

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
why do you taunt everytime you get a kill?
i guess id say you were good in the beginning, but after you got cocky you started sucking mo!!!
and if you arent cocky, then i apoligize, good match
I taunt everytime I get a kill usually. Its too fun not to, thats what its there for, plus with online its a fun way to talk to your opponent. It does not necessarily imply cockiness.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
I taunt everytime I get a kill usually. Its too fun not to, thats what its there for, plus with online its a fun way to talk to your opponent. It does not necessarily imply cockiness.
it does actually. hence the name "taunt"
unless its not a serious provoking one, but you were....meh i dont care.
if you look at a competitve serious player they wont be taunting left and right, it serves no purpose but motivating the enemy........................

Boxob

Smash Champion
it does actually. hence the name "taunt"
unless its not a serious provoking one, but you were....meh i dont care.
if you look at a competitve serious player they wont be taunting left and right, it serves no purpose but motivating the enemy........................
When some people get taunted, especially over and over, it makes them want to own your face off. In doing said owning, you'll most likely try to be incredibly aggressive to do some awesome combo or something. Not only will it most likely fail, but you could have turned a camper into an aggressor. Creating a much funner/easier fight. People also get frustrated. Fighting under frustration often leads to making wrong decisions. I think of taunts as a pre-installed mind game. lol.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
When some people get taunted, especially over and over, it makes them want to own your face off. In doing said owning, you'll most likely try to be incredibly aggressive to do some awesome combo or something. Not only will it most likely fail, but you could have turned a camper into an aggressor. Creating a much funner/easier fight. People also get frustrated. Fighting under frustration often leads to making wrong decisions. I think of taunts as a pre-installed mind game. lol.
That's really dependent on the person your fighting. If they can't keep their cool from a simple taunt, they're probably not much very experienced at the game to begin with. On the other hand, if your enemy kept taunting you while you were still on the stage, then dodging by the skin of his teeth every time you rushed him...Well, that'd be pretty frustrating. I could see myself getting angry and sloppy at something like that.

Hmm...Sonic would probably be the best at something like that, wouldn't he? I know my brother goes into convulsions every time I hit him with YTS.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol@"YTS", making it sound like some kinda AT - "New sonic advance technique: SHFFYTS"

besides using the homing attack outta spindash combo a bit much (which was cool otherwise), I think you can try to incorporate more throws into it :D

on a random note, spamming U-air killed its knockback alot, so you had to get that guy to an obscenely high damage to KO with that move ._.;

Top Bottom