• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my shiek. And please give tips where you can :D

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yes I did but I didn't like the title of it, no ones responding to it so itll just fade away anyhow. I wanted to start fresh with new videos because the vid in my old thread was crap.

I put 3 hours of my time into youtubing those matches last night just so I could make it so plz spare me the pseudo mod behaviour?

Not trying to be a jerk, but I really am looking for critisicm, it doesnt even have to be contructive you can tell me I suck at this and this and this was horrible, I dont mind, I just want outside opinions on what I could do to get better.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I just thought I missed something, thats all. You can't have perfected all the things people suggested to you in the last thread in the time between that vid and these. Wouldn't it make more sense to get everything down that people suggested to you before posting again? There's only so much criticism people can give you before it gets repetitive.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Uhh, I'm new to Sheik, but that looks pretty good. If you desperately need recovery distance, transform into Zelda and teleport, because it goes a lot further. And learn to use Zelda's aerials. Zelda's attack have great knockback, so learning to use them in case you're stuck as Zelda is a good idea to stall until you can transform safely.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I just thought I missed something, thats all. You can't have perfected all the things people suggested to you in the last thread in the time between that vid and these. Wouldn't it make more sense to get everything down that people suggested to you before posting again? There's only so much criticism people can give you before it gets repetitive.
Thing is, the last vid I posted was crap, I wasnt in shape. These videos represent my shiek at peak form.

To Bdawg : Thanks for the tip but if youd watch the videos of shiek vs peach youll see that I do exactly that. I recover as zelda, then I get killed lol because I transformed into shiek, then back into zelda for a laugh and got dash attacked at 160 or so % then when I came back to life I got a sweetspot fair kill with zelda.

I should maybe explore zeldas moveset a bit because when im stuck at her all I really use is fair and bair and neutral B. But really I think the best option is after recovering with zelda to transform back into shiek ASAP... zeldas down B is the best move in the game!

So ya @ vikingness as you can see the last thread had one video (that sucked) and this one has quite a few of me, same day, with no variation in skill in all the vids..

so its at PEAK form where I want tips, not in a bad match >.< I feel stupid for posting it btw.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Funny girl but you need more skilled people to play, and vertical kill peach, much easier..till then, good luck!
Yeah it's impossible to edgeguard her she has so many recovery options, but when shes floating towards the stage at needlelevel I like to let loose on her, but I think a major mistake I make is I should edgehog peach AS SOON AS I GET THE CHANCE, instead of lobbing needles like an idiot.

Thx for the tip, and ya I do need to practice with people of more skill, ive far surpassed my friends but luckily we're all part of the community and I can practice there with people that 2-3 stock my shiek at times.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Those people that stock you well, get them to go fox/sheik/marth/peach against you, thats some great experience for a rising player, where do you live?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Those people that stock you well, get them to go fox/sheik/marth/peach against you, thats some great experience for a rising player, where do you live?
I live in montreal :)

yes, my main problem is space animals, not so much falco as much as fox. None of my friends play fox or falco.. or any characters on the same level that I play shiek so my only opportunity to train is at bi-weeklies vs Bam / Vwins the #1 and #2 on the eastern Canada prs. Between them they both have tournament winning quality Fox, Falco, Marth, and Shiek.

Im thinking of going to the big tournament in ontario if I can get a lift there and some money from my dad (Im a student without a job. But wont be so in the summer lol)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Honestly, I do not know what advice I can give you since you seem to know Sheik very well. Even though I am not that great, I will try my best with advice.

-I see you like to pulse walk (right term?) to get grabs, but people might catch on if that is the only thing you use to get grabs. I like pulse walking as much as the next guy, but you sould consider other options like needle grabbing. Also, when you pulse walk, you usually grab or use it to space yourself. I would suggest doing another thing with your wavedashes so noone catches on with the pattern like tilts (or something).

-Everytime you rolled you did a tilt (mostly foward) when the opponent was next to you. Even though it is the best option, it is not the only option so mix it up a little with grabs, jabs, and other things.

_I would suggest shffling nair instead fair when approacing them because: a. nair has better range and b. nair also last longer so even when you time the fair wrong, you can hit them with the weak part of the nair.

_When facing floaties, usually try to kill them with upair since it has pretty good knockback and can kill them at lower percents than fair.

-Use needles to edgeguard Samus because it can either destroy the bombs or do a good deal of damage while messing with the timing and spacing of the recoveries. For example, the samus might press upb hastily and thus, give you a free fair.

-Tell your friends to use a character that is actually GOOD against Sheik.

I hope my advice helped. You know for what it is. :(

I almost forgot to tell you that you space and tech chase well; I'm jealous :D.

Edit: I actually did forget to tell you nice mindgame in the last match where just stopped in front of the Falcon and he sidedodged thinking you were going to attack right there, but you waited and did a down smash instead. That was awesome IMO. XD

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Wow, thank you so much for the tips, I really do think they're all valuable advice and Ill see what I can intergrate into my game!

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Props to you Dylan, you have a solid Shiek there. Only a few things to comment on really.

1. On your last vid, the Shiek Vs. Peach one, you got hit by a pretty high percentage of dash attacks. Some of which weren't even Mindgamed into. Utilise your Shield Grabs for this, Shiek has awsome grabs + Shiekgrabs > Dash Attacks.

2. In most of your matches, your needle game was good but could have used some work, especially while edgegaurding (Needles > Bomb Recovery). Also, something you may be interested in trying out, Camping with arial needles into a grab. An extremely effective approach IMO.

3. As BDawk says, your Zelda needs some work. The spacing on a few of your Fairs weren't great, but a little practice should sort that out. Also, on the Peach vid, at 2:02 you used Zelda's Neutral B to reflect turnips, Powershielding or even grabbing one of Peaches own turnips would have served you better.

Nice Shiek man, and good luck playing SSBM! Your main priority now is to work on your spacing, I guess.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Thanks for the comments! ya the funny thing is I still dont know zeldas moveset, I did a transformation in the match for like... fun. Serious match Id never really transform unless to recover but thanks for the tip.

Ya Ive gotta get samus with those needles when I can, and edgehog instead of tossing useless needles... though I have fun torturing people off the edge hahah.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Will do :) Probably by this week ill have a few more shiek matches.

Im probably gonna make a ''help ma fox!!!111'' thread later on too since im training in the art of the fox these days :p

thanks for the feedback so far everyone, Im really lookin forward to more if you have any :)

Top Bottom