• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my scrubby Pit. lol

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I just started playing Pit. Honestly, if it weren't for his voice, I'd probably main him just under IC.

I know I do some things wrong. I can't do any of the fancy arrow tricks and I like his Dair a little too much. And I don't edgeguard very well. Point out my other holes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFh9AJi9EhE

Yeah, I like his Dair waaaay too much. I guess I used it alot because I knew I could get away with it though.

PLUR & AJ vs Vandeal & Spaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK90qxY51AI

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
yeah you abuse d-air way to much
its not necessarily a good apporach. N-air is better for the same purpose. whats good abot d-air is you can combo it into alot of stuff.
heres a good piece of advice. sometimes playing defensive is a better choice. for instance ike has crap apporaches and pit has alot of defensive capabilitys so do the math it wouldve been way easier if you played it normally

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Okay, you put down the most obvious points. It's good to see that you aren't roll happy like a lot of starting players are. Aerial approaches are good.

Dair isn't an awesome approach. you can use it once it a while, but when you're very close to your opponent you need something that comes out quick like nair, dtilt, or utilt. SH nairs should be a staple in your game as it is very safe, comes out very fast, and stays out for a long time.

Don't be afraid to stay on the ground for longer. Pit's ground game is good too. Look into his throws, which set up nicely for strings, his AA into dtilt and smashes. Also consider smashes and nair and bair for punishing lag. dair is fine OoS but not as awesome elsewhere.

I have my own problems with dair XD I use dair-bair and dair-fair and dair-arrow a lot.

Keep playing pit! You have a couple of things you are doing very well in the vid.

Afropony

Smash Lord
LOL i bet SSD's really cut that you didn't use his thread.
Anyway I believe you should use more Jab/s, Dtilts and Utilts when you are in close to your opponent.

Like everyone else said Dair isn't the greatest approach although I did like your little Dair combos.
Pit has a Fthrow chaingrab on the bigger characters of the cast. Although you probably couldn't chaingrab Ike into the 40% you could probably link a few together and finish off with a Dthrow to get them into the air.

I also realized that you were only really using Pit's arrows when you were knocked away. you should also try using them when you are on ground aswell.

EDIT: Look out for stage a bit more aswell lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
yeah ive attempted the dair combo before but it never worked on a human player before. As for the first one if ur ever in a situation where u land on a platform right after the dair like that. i think a dtilt would be ur best option to hit him, and follow up with more dairs i guess since ulove them so much. Its okay to use unorthodox moves, i just love pits dash attack. And people say its garbage too. lol.

If u can make a decent strat that revolves around Dairs, then ur pit will be pretty original and it will be harder for people to figure out what ur gonna do.

Also since u do like dairs, throw in some wing cancels into dair.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
your alright learn his techs and learn where and when to apply them
also yea try to lay off d air pit has better options most of the time but d-air is a good setup while your in the air nonetheless

Afropony

Smash Lord
your alright learn his techs and learn where and when to apply them
also yea try to lay off d air pit has better options most of the time but d-air is a good setup while your in the air nonetheless
Just make sure that you don't get obsessed with the AT because the basics are what will really help you while you're playing as Pit.

Top Bottom