• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my samus

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You have A LOT to work on..I would tell you now but I am in a hurry so I will let someone else cover it.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
k, now wavedash, among other things.

I don't think I even saw one.

Saying most other things would be rather pointless since after you incorperate WDing into your gameplay, your style will hopefully be different.

Try to play other people too, it is the best practice. Go to some local tournaments/fests, like the ones in Toronto or London.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Whoa...man, you gotta work on stuff...I saw no l-cancelling, no wding, no di, no missle cancelling, no ffing...tons of unneccesary jumping...u landed aerials right in front of him while he was shielding...non l-cancelled too...poor use of charge ball, no short hopping, u were rolling, dash attacking way too much, u grabbed too much, u held a dsmash for WAY too long more than once, he could have punished u easy. Poor edgeguarding/edgehogging, no edgehopping. Not very much shield use or upb either. I don't even know where to start. Probably wding, like everyone else said.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
First off, i know i need to WD more though i know i do any in this video.
Second, Andromon58,you can't base everything i do on 1 video. I do more in other videos. Plus, i only do one charge ball and one grab!
And third, i just recently started playing this game so i not that pro.

Lanowen, i will see you at the tourneys, if i can make them. Get ready for some shock!

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Second, Andromon58,you can't base everything i do on 1 video. I do more in other videos. Plus, i only do one charge ball and one grab!

Lanowen, i will see you at the tourneys, if i can make them. Get ready for some shock!
You did 3 grabs, and none of them did you any good. And you wasted your only charge ball.

led zep

Smash Rookie

That guy took time out of his day to help you. You could have at least said thanks. You don't need to be so defensive all of the time.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Led zep is right you don't need to be so defensive and you even said PLEASE RATE AND CRITICIZE

you cant even spell criticize right..

Shame.
I'll admit i have bad spelling. I meant let me know about thing i can do to improve my samus not what i did wrong the whole match. I might have been a little too defencive.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
Well, I am not a pro Samus player, but I can help you somewhat.

Like everyone's been saying, practice wavedashing/wavelanding.
Get in the habit of Missile Canceling often, and following it up with something.
Get in the habit of Shield Grabbing.
A MASSIVE help anytime is double missiling; work on that.
Work on L-canceling, extremely helpful when edgehopping (work on that, too).

I'm just starting you off.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
You'll only get better by recognizing what you are doing wrong and fixing it. All I did was point out those things, you need to embrace them and overcome them.

Although I may have been a bit harsh, sry if I came off that way, I was just listing things as they came to mind as I watched the video.

Where do you live in Waterloo? Maybe I can play you in late March when I'm there.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Wavedash, missile cancel, start using tilts out of wavedashing. When you get the chance to charge your beam, do it. Don't use the dash attack so often, instead use tilts. Try to waveland once in a while, maybe work on ledge hogging out of a wavedash.

There's probably more you need to work on, and your friend is wrong about Zelda being able to "own" Samus.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
You'll only get better by recognizing what you are doing wrong and fixing it. All I did was point out those things, you need to embrace them and overcome them.

Although I may have been a bit harsh, sry if I came off that way, I was just listing things as they came to mind as I watched the video.

Where do you live in Waterloo? Maybe I can play you in late March when I'm there.
Around when? I might be hosting a tournament near the end of the march break so...

Check it out: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96786

Cronius

Smash Apprentice
When you use your bombs in the air after getting hit as a recovery, don't come down in the same spot as you dropped the bombs, move left and right after the bomb drop to confuse your enemy. And like everyone else was saying, WD a lot more. I never saw any use in it when I first started playing, but through practice, it's been pretty helpful.

Top Bottom