• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Samus.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You really need to work on your edgeguarding game. Dtilt and Dsmash both send your opponent behind you, so their uses are really only limited to instances when you can get yourself between your opponent and the edge, or when you can combo them back off the edge. Rather, use a combination of Utilts, Ftilts and Fsmashes depending on what your opponent is doing. Also do not underestimate the utility of edge-hogging. If Yoshi's recovery is taking him within range of the ledge, get on the ledge so he's at least forced to airdodge onto the stage, you then have time to set up a ledgehopped and wavelanded edge guard. Sheik's recovery is also fairly easily edgehogged, since the end of the teleportation doesn't attack.

I liked your use of missiles all around, although you still seem to be struggling with how to ue bombs. Don't let that get in the way of actually attacking your opponent. I noticed a lot of times instead of fighting, you screwed around with bombs or missiles and your opponent punished you. It made you seem less serious.

Also, if someone taunts you, on the same elevation as you, within a few feet, while you have a charge shot, USE THE CHARGE SHOT.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I only watched the first match, I'm about to eat dinner. I liked your gameplay, it's pretty nice, but these 4 points I think are your biggest areas of improvement:

• Don't roll as Samus
• Don't down-smash peoples shield
• Have more faith in your up-b, use grapple more sparingly to recover
• Up-b out of shield when someone is on your junk

As match-specific feedback, you were spot-dodging early it seemed, and you can tech-chase yoshi from the down-throw much better (you were sh-dairing, you can just dash-dance to a tilt or re-grab, for instance).

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
It seems like your matches were kinda laid back and you were not really trying. Like the mute city one, where you just kept wall-jumping to side-b. Kinda strange :confused:
But you have potential and nice SWDing. Work on your overall missiles game, and tech stuff, and try and become more effective and less sloppy if ya know what i mean!
Good job!

Redragon

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Specific to the new material, I wouldn't intentionally go for the FoD recovery unless I had my second jump, and if I had my second jump, I probably wouldn't go for the FoD recovery anyway. Reason: It's disgustingly easy to edgehog. You're lucky Yoshi wasn't aware of that, but be aware that it's one of Samus' less useful tricks.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Ok, this may come off harsh, but don't play friendly in a serious match. The whole first minute of the shiek video was you getting hit by needles while trying to SWD ( I suppose that's what you were aiming for). DON'T DO THAT. When shiek is needle spamming, either move to a different plane than her or rush in. Either way beats getting damage racked up on you! Another thing, you do know that Samus has an ^B move right? using this to your advantage is quite... advantageous!

It's hard for me to tell how good or bad you did against that yoshi, because I don't know what fighting a great yoshi is like. From what I could tell though, you were getting comboed pretty nasty. Yoshi's eggs always go up, so instead of going for an arial attack, try sticking to the ground. Wavedash back to avoid the tail swipe, as it seems to hit your feet even in the shield. When he uses his mid air jump, he has no recovery afterwards besides air dodge. So when you are trying to edge guard him, mind game him into doing it early so that you can punish him for it.

And as I would tell anyone... it needs more missiles... MORE MISSILES ALWAYS!!!

That's all I've got.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Use platforms to missle cancel and spam more. Its kinda hard on FoD when the platforms are at funny heights but you could run off and missle cancel or something. Work on the edgegaurd game a bit. Down-angled fsmash is extremely useful. However, I'm not sure if it will stop yoshi's second jump or just damage him but its definetly worth using.

Keep the vids coming so we can see how you improve.

Top Bottom