• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RaTE my PIT - - im open to suggestions.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Whats goin on everyone i've been playing pit probably since the game started and i find him really fun to use...

I've got two videos online right now and this are my 1st ones, i will like to know what you think about my pit, and do you think i should implement in my game, and what should i stop doing...

I know im not that bad since this is a tournament and im in grand finals, but at the same time i know there is more that i can learn, so help me out.

I'm open to suggestions. Let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqMc-qHS8w&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLL_XXEospo&feature=channel_page

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
hmm i like your pit alot
especially because you beat that marth who looks like a pain
hmm a tip would be Jab-Grab more often i didnt see many d-tilts which are great vs marth.
it seems like that marth is great at chasing you and punishiing u with DB. oneway to stop that is really simple. dont leave openings. what i like to do is fullHop D-air first then throw out a wall of f-airs while DI-ing back then arrow. repeat. throwing out many attacks are abusing multijumps is a good way for spacing and getting rid of when characters zone you.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
your pit is agreeable but my question is how did that marth make it to any grand finals? He just hasnt gotten the hang of him yet to say the least. either that or he has scarce experience fighting pit.

Anyway about your pit, your pressure is excellent. I like how you leave little breathing room, and you know when to grab rather than attack. This is more important than one might think. Your ledge game is solid. Your arrows are good, but I will not praise this because all pit players should be highly skilled with arrows. Short hopping is on point, you seem to have good general control and understanding of the game's mechanics (spacing, timing, range, etc) its all good. And i really like how you demonstrate a powerful pit using little or no ATs (while it couldnt hurt to use a divebomb WoI every now and then).

And i mention all these things because i want you to allow them to remain as strong and prominent aspects of your pit game.

On the other hand i saw too much angel rings, with too little results (video #2, 4:40 = WRONG MOVE). Also, at times you could stand to be a little more defensive. Your mind games are somewhat weak, and while you make up for this in high pressure skilled fighting, the true pros will see through the fighting and eventually force you into using stronger mind games. Your SH-Nairs should have came out more often, and since you are good at closing the gap (usually for grabs i see) this would flow seamlessly into your game. Your recovery worries me for some reason, and i cant quite put a finger on the reason why. Your air dodges also seem to be displaced at times.

I mention these things because i suggest you recognize, consider, and work on them to make your already powerful pit even stronger.

Overall your pit is good and i am happy you are representing him in tournaments. You probably own most ppl already, but work on these things and you will be able to compete at a higher level.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
the only thing that i noticed that i didnt agree with was your over use of smashes. You used fsmash and dsmash alot. Ruining its killing potential. And you kinda used upsmash alot if i remember correctly. Idk but i dont think its a great attack to use at any point. utilts or aerials are usually alot better choice. Only time i use upsmash is when i might need the slide and multiple hits to follow up in combos.

Other then that idk.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
The Good:
Quick offensive play
Good pressuring

The Bad
Too many Wings and smashes.
You seemed scared of gimping Marth.

Overall, very nice Pit. You just need to work on a few things. Especially the too many Wings and Smashes. You didn't have a fresh smash the whole set. The Wings, well, when I play another Pit and I see Wings, I go psycho trying to hit those Wings. You gave plenty of options for a really good player to gimp you.

Top Bottom